AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-12-02, 18:23   Link #61
fizzmaister
The Tall One

I'm glad that they cut Haro's lines for this episode. Great use of time cutting. Sergei is definitely improving, there were some lines where he got this nice rumble in his voice that made him sound great, but he didn't keep it up through the entire pair of episode. Saji and Loise need better acting. I didn't mind SMP, but I think that Alle actually got a little worse for this pair of eps. Graham still sounds off. It's bearable, but he won't be as awesome unfortunately.
Old 2008-12-02, 21:03   Link #62
strategos

Is by any chance the princess Voice is the same as Relena from Gundam wing??

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 21:05   Link #63
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
No.

Relena is being voiced by Lisa Ann Beley, who's doing Sumeragi. Paula Lindberg is doing Marina.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 21:29   Link #64
rebel one
Do the Monkey

I'm not sure if it's just me but Ribbons was cut out in ep.3. I know that there are small bits cut out for commercials but I mean he only had like 3 words
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 22:37   Link #65
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey

I think Sergei's VA and Setsuna's VA are improving. With Setsuna the way he says his name is so drawn out, maybe they're trying really hard to match the lip flaps? And with Sergei when he's not accenting every other word he sounds good. Hopefully he'll keep it up.

Listening to Louise in this week's episode was actually painful. In the cafe scene between her and Saji I had to turn off the sound for a few seconds because of how strikingly unnatural she sounds. D: Maybe more practice will help? Because if I hear that voice when she looses her arm it's gonna be so distracting.

The editing this time was a little weird again. They cut out the first part of Setsuna imagining the park getting blown up. I think for viewers who haven't seen the original they'll be going "Wha?! What just happened?!" And I was disappointed they cut out Ribbons' one line. I was looking forward to hearing his voice.

And is it just me or does Professor Eifman have the same VA as Sergei? I swear they sound the same.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 22:53   Link #66
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
ANN credited them to different people.

Ah man. I'll have to wait for Scottie man next week. Pooh.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 00:58   Link #67
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
ANN credited them to different people.

Ah man. I'll have to wait for Scottie man next week. Pooh.
Same here, Let's hope he becomes quite the sadist as Ali.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 10:29   Link #68
strategos

Haru also got cut, for the commercial, as well.

Old 2008-12-03, 12:40   Link #69
Balder8472
I have a License

Before gundam 00 I had never watched an anime series in the original japanese language.I used to think that english dubs were pretty good and people who badmouthed them were just "snobs" but now I'm incline to agree with the snobs.I watched the first two episodes of the english language dub and a few of the voice actors ain't quite right for their characters. it's not the actors fault but those who choose them.
Balder8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 13:35   Link #70
MeesesGlokmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balder8472 View Post
Before gundam 00 I had never watched an anime series in the original japanese language.I used to think that english dubs were pretty good and people who badmouthed them were just "snobs" but now I'm incline to agree with the snobs.I watched the first two episodes of the english language dub and a few of the voice actors ain't quite right for their characters. it's not the actors fault but those who choose them.
I am in the same position as you. Gundam 00 is the first anime I've ever watched in Japanese, and I agree that some of the dub voices don't sound right.

For me, when I watch a dub first, the original sounds off, and when I watch the original first, the dub sounds off.
MeesesGlokmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 14:41   Link #71
itoastmysocks
Rabbit Flavored Socks YUM

about everything they cut out I missed the "milk" scene the most.. but yeah.. they cut out pretty much that well doesn't ruin the story very much, but imho the show is loosing it's depth if they cut out stuff like that...

and abotu the voice actors... the male ones did a pretty decent job.. though the guy that does setsuna kinda... well I like his voice.. but it doesn't fit the character if you ask me.. the female va's all just kill my ears... to high... TO HIGH I SAY.. ^^ but that's jsut my oppinion.. I hope they do a german dubbing too.. so I can actually badmouth that aswell
itoastmysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 18:23   Link #72
Anavel
Sieg Zeon!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to Anavel Send a message via MSN to Anavel Send a message via Yahoo to Anavel
This made me lawlz.

http://gundam00.bandai-ent.com/gn000.php
Old 2008-12-03, 23:51   Link #73
MeesesGlokmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavel View Post
Everything I know about Gundam 00 is a lie!
MeesesGlokmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 00:04   Link #74
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balder8472 View Post
No, you are originally right

Most dub haters are basing their opinion on just fansubs ("The voices don't sound the same", or "The lines are off") or are just talking about fansubs made by 4kids ("all dubs are butchered")

Though Gundam 00 doesn't have a great dub, not Ocean's best work.

Anyone who can tell me with a straight face than Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Beebop, or FLCL had awful dubs never saw the dubs.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 03:24   Link #75
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:
Unbelievable, should we send them a link to mahq?
Old 2008-12-04, 03:28   Link #76
mike_s_6

Quote:
They haven't changed it yet? It's been there for days now. Oh well
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 05:15   Link #77
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
They haven't changed it yet? It's been there for days now. Oh well
It's entirely possible that they aren't aware they've made a mistake or are too embarassed to make a retraction now and just hope it will blow over.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 06:52   Link #78
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
I knew it! I wasn't the only one who was going like "Huh! Isn't that from season 2?"

Hope they fix it soon.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2008-12-05 at 10:03.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 09:11   Link #79
strategos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I knew it! I wasn't the only who was going like "Huh! Isn't that from season 2?"

Hope they fix it soon.
Or maybe they know something we don't . LOL (XD)
Well, there are many anime that realy have great english dubs, and sometimes the dub actors in english are more involve than the original japanese characters. For Example: Trigun and Cowboy Bebop.

The good thing is, that each week seems that they are "improving". Probably like when Eureka 7 was aire on dub, they improved the dub week after week; with even changing some of the characters VA by episode 6 o 7.

Old 2008-12-04, 23:53   Link #80
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
So far I think the voive acting's pretty good. I will say that I am still kind of irked about the choice of Brad Swaille for Setsuna. Don't get me wrong, he does a decent job, but he's starred in three Gundam shows so far, Amuro in First and CCA, and Quatre in Wing. Not that I can think of any better actors, but they could've caled in someone else to play Setsuna...

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote