AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-12-23, 14:06   Link #681
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Index will probably get more popular since it got dubbed in portugese and soon American.
what index is dubbed n portugese? wow. never expect it to be dubbed in other language before english. Though index or rather I think it's railgun manga is already license.

Though no matter how popular index is. I doubt I would be ever be able to watched it on tagalog version reasons. Because of it's religious theme.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-12-23, 14:34   Link #682
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
what index is dubbed n portugese? wow. never expect it to be dubbed in other language before english. Though index or rather I think it's railgun manga is already license.

Though no matter how popular index is. I doubt I would be ever be able to watched it on tagalog version reasons. Because of it's religious theme.
Both are liscensed and have been since the summer. Dont know when in portugese but it says so on ANN.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2010-12-23, 16:20   Link #683
giorno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floran_D_Negator View Post
Wow, thanks! These things really make more sense now. From this, is it wrong to say that Index is a unique anime because the creator is more of a writer than a mangaka? If you look at famous anime artists like Akira Toriyama or Oda sensei, they are manga artists who express their ideas and stories through their drawings. However, for Index, the anime is planned out by a writer and drawn by a separate artist.
for starters, i think you're not quite clear about what manga, anime and light novels are

manga=comics
anime=cartoon
light novel="short" novels aimed mostly at teenagers and young adults. Kinda similar to manga, only in novel format instead of comic

Neither Toriyama nor Oda are "anime" artists, the animes are made by a studio, with their own writers, artists, directors and producers. Many anime are adaptations of mangas or light novels, in that case, the author of the original work may contribute to the anime by overseeing the studio's job, or actively cooperating with them(correcting their scripts, giving suggestions about how to adapt or animate certain scenes and such), but that doesn't necessarily happen(most authors just let the studio do their job without getting involved at all)

to answer you question: no, index anime is just another anime adaptation of a light novel series, like many, many others
giorno is offline  
Old 2010-12-23, 18:10   Link #684
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
for starters, i think you're not quite clear about what manga, anime and light novels are

manga=comics
anime=cartoon
light novel="short" novels aimed mostly at teenagers and young adults. Kinda similar to manga, only in novel format instead of comic

Neither Toriyama nor Oda are "anime" artists, the animes are made by a studio, with their own writers, artists, directors and producers. Many anime are adaptations of mangas or light novels, in that case, the author of the original work may contribute to the anime by overseeing the studio's job, or actively cooperating with them(correcting their scripts, giving suggestions about how to adapt or animate certain scenes and such), but that doesn't necessarily happen(most authors just let the studio do their job without getting involved at all)

to answer you question: no, index anime is just another anime adaptation of a light novel series, like many, many others
youre rigth, usually anime adaptations dont rely on the mangaka at all, but with to aru is a little different, since you can see in railgun the filllers were done by the author, and integred with original work, something that quite strange, knowing that fillers usually dont involve the authors and have dubious canonicity.
__________________
zeniselv is offline  
Old 2010-12-24, 02:25   Link #685
thirdlc
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Something's been bugging me, why does Accelerator's name in Japanese read as "一方通行" or "Ippō Tsūkō" ?
I'm sorry if I'm wrong since I have not read the original novel, but when I follow a common rule of manga/light novel, Accelerator's name is written as 一方通行 (One way road) and read as Accelerator. The same goes for other abilities and episode titles like Imagine Breaker written as 幻想殺し (Illusion Killer). The purpose is appearantly to make the thing's meaning clearer and deeper with combining two words for reading and writing.
__________________
Are you going to say "budget"? Wait! Is your point really related to budget? Isn't it time or style?
Simply put, production time is consistency, and budget is framerate.
Even poor animation is costlier than a high-quality still shot.
thirdlc is offline  
Old 2010-12-24, 02:59   Link #686
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdlc View Post
I'm sorry if I'm wrong since I have not read the original novel, but when I follow a common rule of manga/light novel, Accelerator's name is written as 一方通行 (One way road) and read as Accelerator.

The same goes for other abilities and episode titles like Imagine Breaker written as 幻想殺し (Illusion Killer). The purpose is appearantly to make the thing's meaning clearer and deeper with combining two words for reading and writing.
But why does "One way Road" equals to "Accelerator"? Is there a hidden meaning?

The Japanese word characters for [Illusion Killer] is correct. But how does "One way Road" means 'Accelerator' in Japanese? And that is my question.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2010-12-24, 05:59   Link #687
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Question about "Skill Out"? what kind of organization are they ?
kaizerknight01 is offline  
Old 2010-12-24, 08:25   Link #688
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Question about "Skill Out"? what kind of organization are they ?
just a bunch of level 0. Usually they are cast of or delinquents or just a group of level 0 that feels the same way towards higher level. They might be good or evil. Depends on the group because they are lots of skill out in the academy city.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2010-12-24, 09:01   Link #689
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Question about "Skill Out"? what kind of organization are they ?
Meaning

Skill out = Gangs

The type of gangs vary like Big Spider and theres another one.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2010-12-24, 20:46   Link #690
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Academy City
Skill-Out is the name for the gangs of Level 0s in the city. They feel great resentment towards the higher-level ESPers who bully them and banded together to fight back.
__________________
SuzushinaYuriko is offline  
Old 2010-12-25, 09:31   Link #691
Floran_D_Negator
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Singapore
some questions

Hey guys, once again, i want to thank all of you who have answered my questions!
I have a couple more questions that i want to ask

1. Up to this point, the majority of the public in academy city are unaware of the Magic side. If there a possibility that magicians will be revealed to the people of academy city in the near future?

2.If Touma's imagine breaker was known to exist by the majority of the science side, is there a possibility that he would end up as a test subject? We know that only a handful of people know about his ability to negate all other supernatural or magical powers. If he is made known to the public, will he not just be a target for gangs, but also, for crazy scientists like the ones who were responsible for the misaka network program or Kihara Gensei or any other mad scientist?

3.Apart from Touma, has there been any other esper who has come into contact with magician. What i mean by contact is that they understand that the enemy they are dealing with has magic?

That's all
Floran_D_Negator is offline  
Old 2010-12-25, 09:45   Link #692
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floran_D_Negator View Post
Hey guys, once again, i want to thank all of you who have answered my questions!
I have a couple more questions that i want to ask

1. Up to this point, the majority of the public in academy city are unaware of the Magic side. If there a possibility that magicians will be revealed to the people of academy city in the near future?

2.If Touma's imagine breaker was known to exist by the majority of the science side, is there a possibility that he would end up as a test subject? We know that only a handful of people know about his ability to negate all other supernatural or magical powers. If he is made known to the public, will he not just be a target for gangs, but also, for crazy scientists like the ones who were responsible for the misaka network program or Kihara Gensei or any other mad scientist?

3.Apart from Touma, has there been any other esper who has come into contact with magician. What i mean by contact is that they understand that the enemy they are dealing with has magic?

That's all

Spoiler:
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2010-12-25, 09:45   Link #693
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
1. well some ppl of AC already witnessed magic, and many more migth too, the thing is that for them they usually take this as esper powers or some of AC advanced technology.

2.it migth already have been researched, but the reason researches and scientist arent behind him is because aleisteir gives touma some kind of protection and freedom, at least in AC.

3.not sure, but usually they just assume is some lind of esper power, even touma had a hard time before he started believing in magic.
__________________
zeniselv is offline  
Old 2010-12-25, 10:10   Link #694
Floran_D_Negator
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Singapore
some questions

I read in another forum that accelerator came to know about the magic side later in the series, is this true?
Floran_D_Negator is offline  
Old 2010-12-25, 10:13   Link #695
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floran_D_Negator View Post
I read in another forum that accelerator came to know about the magic side later in the series, is this true?
Spoiler for Later arcs:
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2010-12-25, 10:37   Link #696
Floran_D_Negator
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Singapore
some questions

Just a thought, i heard that Touma's imagine breaker hasn't awakened yet. If it does, his negating ability will spread to his whole body. However, is there a possibility that if his powers are fully awakened, Touma won't just have the ability to cancel out supernatural or magical powers, but physical attacks too? I heard a theory that if imagine breaker were to be fully awakened, Touma would have the ability to cancel out life force with a single touch as well.
Floran_D_Negator is offline  
Old 2010-12-25, 10:45   Link #697
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floran_D_Negator View Post
Just a thought, i heard that Touma's imagine breaker hasn't awakened yet. If it does, his negating ability will spread to his whole body. However, is there a possibility that if his powers are fully awakened, Touma won't just have the ability to cancel out supernatural or magical powers, but physical attacks too? I heard a theory that if imagine breaker were to be fully awakened, Touma would have the ability to cancel out life force with a single touch as well.
All of this are just theories, there hasn't been any solid answers yet.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2010-12-25, 11:21   Link #698
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
I.B. still is I.B., what should get attention are those powers hidinh within him, the invisible "thing" and his own power which supresses the former using I.B. as seal.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2010-12-25, 11:25   Link #699
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floran_D_Negator View Post
Just a thought, i heard that Touma's imagine breaker hasn't awakened yet. If it does, his negating ability will spread to his whole body. However, is there a possibility that if his powers are fully awakened, Touma won't just have the ability to cancel out supernatural or magical powers, but physical attacks too? I heard a theory that if imagine breaker were to be fully awakened, Touma would have the ability to cancel out life force with a single touch as well.
Well, we have the idea he is God like powerful, he didn't do anything but when face against "La persona superior de dio" Faimma, Fiamma was scared shitless, like he couldn't move outta fear and this is the guy who can destroy things with just a move. Then touma had another power that came out and crushed the thing inside. Much to be answered.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2010-12-25, 11:43   Link #700
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
For now classifying his powers based on the fight with fiamma it should be like this

imagine breaker = independent power on his right hand that acts as a seal

the things inside of him = which is stronger than a being that can crush a star with a flick of a finger. A being that surpassed a god

and Kamijou Touma himself which suppress such being.

Kamijou Touma > KAMIjou Touma > Imagine breaker

though it also works as

Imagine breaker seals KAMIjou Touma

while

Kamijou Touma is in control.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.