AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-01, 22:37   Link #961
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
Haven't seen this question in the first several pages and there are too many pages for me to go through now, so forgive me if this is frequently asked too much.
Asking is better than not asking imo.

Quote:
Is there any explanation as to why Kuroko's teleportation doesn't have any effect on Touma when she hadn't touched his right hand at all?
Her personal reality has to cover the entire body of whatever object she teleports.

Quote:
What are the specific limits exactly to Izzard's Ars Magna? Or at least can someone help elaborate the difference between altering reality with your words and bringing your thought into reality?
Because you can always control what you say, as long as you're not Tourette or anything, but you can't always control what you think. Like Inception, all it takes is an idea to screw up your whole plan.

In Izzard's case, he doesn't truly believe that he can save Index with only this power. Which is why he has to go through all this nonsense of accquiring a vampire to make Index immortal.
Old 2011-04-02, 04:39   Link #962
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

I quote from the To Aru Wikia:

Spoiler for Awakening:

Considering this, is there a possibility that Misaka Mikoto can Awaken, and if there is:

1. What will be the type of revelation she will have?
2. What would be the most likely way to have her Awakened?

I was thinking about this since if she DOES awaken, she would become a female version of Zeus.
Old 2011-04-02, 05:41   Link #963
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Considering this, is there a possibility that Misaka Mikoto can Awaken, and if there is:
Nope, so far. The only ones that awaken are accelerator and kakine and you know those 2 are special and what's so special about the other level 5 except for gunha.

Old 2011-04-02, 05:52   Link #964
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

Spoiler for Awakening:

1. What will be the type of revelation she will have?
2. What would be the most likely way to have her Awakened?

I was thinking about this since if she DOES awaken, she would become a female version of Zeus.
If this happens.....I'll be very annoyed of her
Old 2011-04-02, 05:58   Link #965
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
If this happens.....I'll be very annoyed of her
Nope, I wouldn't be annoyed at mikoto at all because it's not her fault. It will be the authors fault. I will blame him for starting a solid start and great story but with the needs of fans for more mikoto. She will ended up getting awakened.

Reminds me of one the interview or comments of the author when asking if their will be more mikoto from now on. That's from the part when the WWIII is starting. Its in vol 19 I think.

Yes she did get screen time. She did go to russia and yes she did go beat up some russian foot soldiers. But where did that happen in the end part of each chapter. It's like forced info about her for me. Instead of getting info on what's happening on the other characters we heard news of her instead.

Old 2011-04-02, 06:03   Link #966
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Nope, I wouldn't be annoyed at mikoto at all because it's not her fault. It will be the authors fault. I will blame him for starting a solid start and great story but with the needs of fans for more mikoto. She will ended up getting awakened.

Reminds me of one the interview or comments of the author when asking if their will be more mikoto from now on. That's from the part when the WWIII is starting. Its in vol 19 I think.

Yes she did get screen time. She did go to russia and yes she did go beat up some russian foot soldiers. But where did that happen in the end part of each chapter. It's like forced info about her for me. Instead of getting info on what's happening on the other characters we heard news of her instead.
She is a loved character and those things are actually possible for her. But itll be major bullshit if she grows wings since she is not even that strong compared to the other fallen angels
Old 2011-04-02, 06:12   Link #967
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

...You people are very weird with your assumptions.

You assume that only special powers can awaken, while the only two that had awaken are special, there isn't a law that states that to be absolute. If there is, please point it out to me. In fact, please point out the part of the novel where it clearly states the meaning of awakening, and where it would disclose it to anyone else but those two.

Second, and more importantly, you have absolutely no reason to get mad at anyone IF Mikoto does, awaken. It's not the act of awakening, it's the process which she arrives to that point. If the author can provide a good reason and present it in a good manner, it has to be the same amount of impact that Accelerator had gone through. If he can do that, I don't see why we should get mad about it.

And Tsunade? No offense, but that's lame. Going by what you've said, all the in between line segments are forced development onto us that we have better off on the main plot... Wut? There's a reason why it's not part of the chapter and in a different segment. Why are you assuming that by simply appearing, Mikoto's leeching script time from whatever characters you would like to appear more? Just because you don't like her character? A novel is not like an anime episode, the author has full reign to use whichever characters, it's no need to manage resources like what you are suggesting happened.
Old 2011-04-02, 08:26   Link #968
tsunade666

right I know how lame my reasons are and how bad it is but it's just that when shes not appearing since vol 16 and a cellphone call on vol 18. And all intermission in vol 20. And info about her and imouto in vol 21 with the hijacking and attack in the military base. Just feel forced to me. Though there aren't probably other candidates to do it than her. It just felt out of place. And it's not like I hate the character it's just I hate it when people keep asking about her even though there are few things shown about her. Just like in NT when she and index aren't even mention for more than 2 or 3 pages.

And for mikoto awakening. The current her which is mentally deprive gives a good excuse to awaken her but that will just put a dent on why does rank 1 and 2 a whole new different level than the ranks below them. Plus kakine had already wings even before accelerator though accelerator having black wings was shown first in vol 13. But in experience it looks to me that kakine is already partial awaken just like accelerator when he first drew out black wings and after the fight with kakine that the power just grew stronger.

And sorry for being lame. The reason itself is as lame as vento hating science for doing what's right. But I really hate it when people keep asking about it.

Old 2011-04-02, 15:32   Link #969
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Is it possible that Rikou will now become the eighth Level 5 since she no longer needs the Body Crystal to use her powers?
It's hard to say. Basically Rikou (and Awaki) right now are (apparently) not aligned with any institution at all, that means that they don't have power developments curriculums to push them forward. Right now Rikou can't activate her power at will, she only gets "feelings" from it from time to time which she can not control nor identify.

I don't know if Awaki is still dependent of the "shoulder massage kun" by vol 19, but as long as she needs to redo the calculations to warp herself and as long as she get "car sick" from warping herself she shouldn't be close to be a level 5. Supposedly she fought that woman from BLOCK without heeding her traumas, but I don't know if that was "for good", or was a one time deal, forced by the harsh situation.

Without all of the Ex3s and H4xes that comes with the regular training / studies, students are not supposed to increase the proficiency of their abilities; supposedly the students study and train in ways that we are not usually shown (like that little bit about hypnosis, electrodes and what not, which is usually something that students complain), so it's not like you can level up just because you want to.

.... Personally, I find it a little vexing that the story purposely evades the topic of students increasing (or decreasing) their power levels; after all that's the whole point "in theory" of Academy City power development.
Old 2011-04-02, 17:15   Link #970
tsunade666

there's no point to it if it's meant to not increase further to begin with. With the parameter list in action. It all depends in the hands of academy city if they will help you or not. And it's mostly not so why show it in the main story if it can be shown in the SS. Plus the main story is busy with the whole war thing to even dwell into students learning thing.

Old 2011-04-02, 21:48   Link #971
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

The list wouldn't stop anyone with the potential to reach Level 5, and both girls were clearly Level 5 material, as mentioned before.
Old 2011-04-02, 21:53   Link #972
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

It would just cost a bigger sum of money.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 208. Plan to watch: 35.

Old 2011-04-02, 21:57   Link #973
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It would just cost a bigger sum of money.
True, but it's a smaller sum then say someone like Kuroko or Kongo.

It's not that they're weak, they're just not strong enough.
Old 2011-04-03, 03:02   Link #974
tsunade666

I wonder how they calculate the highest level a student can get with their minimal expenses.

It's never been stated how.

Old 2011-04-03, 03:22   Link #975
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Post moved to another topic. --> http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=74600&page=11

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-04-03 at 03:31. Reason: Spoilers are not allowed here!
Old 2011-04-03, 03:24   Link #976
Kyouka
Is Here

Quote:
So what do you guys think of this theory?

Spoiler for :
I dont think so but she could be mind controlled victim but thats never shown yet
Old 2011-04-03, 03:26   Link #977
tsunade666

-_-

man, this is Q & A thread. That's a speculation or theory right? use it in the other thread.

Old 2011-04-04, 12:57   Link #978
frubam
singing heartbreak

Send a message via AIM to frubam
What is "Hard Taping"? I SEE what it does, but there is no official explanation =0\.

What was the device on the back of evil teleport girl's neck?
Old 2011-04-04, 13:12   Link #979
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
What is "Hard Taping"? I SEE what it does, but there is no official explanation =0\.
It's the part of a Power Suit that gives it superhuman mobility. Komaba implanted it on his legs, but he also has to reinforce his body to withstand the power.

"... 6 ligaments in my knee protected and the muscles in my leg that are connected to my femur, my tibia, and my fibula reinforced from the outside. I also have metal plates in my shoes to keep my foot from being destroyed..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
What was the device on the back of evil teleport girl's neck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It helps to monitor her stress levels, so that she doesn't 'snap' like before.

If you want to know the details, it's a small low frequency vibration treatment device. Simply put, it was a massage machine that sent electric currents into her body. The machine measured the disturbances in her brain waves and created the most effective pulse pattern based on that. It wasn’t perfect, but it certainly helped keep her stress down to a certain level. Without it, she wouldn't be ale to recover from her mental irregularity that prevents her from using her powers.
Old 2011-04-04, 21:43   Link #980
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

I don't know where to post this, but is it only Kamachi or there are author Japanese authors who become fond of giving Kanji characters to names not usually pronounced in Japanese?

I'll cite "Imagine Breaker" as example. The kanji given to that is "Genso Goroshi", but it is usually read as "Imajin Bureika".

Or another example, the kanji "Ippotsuko" is read as "Akuserereta".

"Hitsyoaku no Kyokai" can be read as "Nesesaryusu".
In Death Note, the kanji for the word "moon" was read as "Raito", or Light in English.

There are other terms that aren't usually read in Japanese but are given Kanji equivalents. Does the Japanese language really give that kind of exception, or is it just the authors' way to shorten the way they write foreign words?
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a