AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-01, 00:55   Link #101
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
I heard somewhere on a site that the anime will end around the 50 episodes, is this true?
No, it is only 2-cour. There could be future seasons, but nothing is known at this time.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2009-03-01, 06:16   Link #102
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Is there any knowledge on how long ago Academy City was created?

Also, my apologies for dragging up an older subject, but people are born with Psychic powers, it is merely dormant in the brains of the greater part of the population, and only the recent experiments could bring that power out. The very reason magic was created was 'to give powers to people without them' after all, which would mean that in there were Psychics in the past who could use their abilities without the Power Curriculum Program.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-03-02, 07:20   Link #103
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
While i was reading a review of ep 21 by http://randomc.animeblogger.net, i found a link to a Japanese wikia for the series.

If you speak and read Japanese, here's the link.
http://www12.atwiki.jp/index-index/
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline  
Old 2009-03-02, 08:00   Link #104
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Also, my apologies for dragging up an older subject, but people are born with Psychic powers, it is merely dormant in the brains of the greater part of the population, and only the recent experiments could bring that power out. The very reason magic was created was 'to give powers to people without them' after all, which would mean that in there were Psychics in the past who could use their abilities without the Power Curriculum Program.
While I agree that obviously some people have been naturally psychic in the past, it doesn't necessarily follow it's dormant in everyone else. I got the impression that the "curriculum" (best euphemism ever, btw) created psychics by changing their body in some way (presumably the brain, but who knows?) that could also happen naturally, but would be unlikely to. I also have this memory of Komoe saying that Level 0s are actually a more interesting case than Levels 1-5 because they aren't reacting properly to the curriculum. This implies that they aren't particularly aware of any latent potential within people before applying the drugs and whatnot.
Clarste is offline  
Old 2009-03-02, 08:10   Link #105
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Well, in that episode Komoe is talking about the 'awakening' of powers. This suggests that the potential to use an ability is already present in every human, just not accessible.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-03-02, 08:17   Link #106
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
While i was reading a review of ep 21 by http://randomc.animeblogger.net, i found a link to a Japanese wikia for the series.

If you speak and read Japanese, here's the link.
http://www12.atwiki.jp/index-index/
The "Kamiyan Disease" page was hilarious. Apparently, being in love with Touma is a serious illness. And the people who have it worst are Mikoto, Misaka Imouto, Itsuwa and Himegami.

... I've counted, Mikoto gets more flags than Index.
__________________
Tokkan is offline  
Old 2009-03-02, 09:05   Link #107
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, in that episode Komoe is talking about the 'awakening' of powers. This suggests that the potential to use an ability is already present in every human, just not accessible.
The curriculum clearly changes their body though, as is apparent by the fact that they start bleeding when they use magic. Their bodies are physically altered by the process, and its irreversible. If I drank a potion that made me grow a third eye, I don't think anyone would say that I had an inaccessible third eye present all along.

"Awaken" just seems to be a term for "realize ones power," but since in this case the power is an effect of bodily changes, I don't think it implies any latency. Well, apparently the human body needs relatively minor changes to be psychic, but that doesn't mean that everyone's already psychic in any sense.
Clarste is offline  
Old 2009-03-02, 11:59   Link #108
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
Yes, I do agree that some change in the body is present, but I think that change is more because of the awakening process rather then the altering process. To take an example, the ability to create fire would need a vastly different altering of the body then the ability to create and channel a billion volts of electricity. The incompatibility for Psychics to use magic has always been present (hence the long rivalry between the two) so that is not a change brought on by the alterations of the curriculum.

It should also be noted that these changes are limited to drugs and hypnosis, and the changes made through these methods are to the brain. Not full-blown body surgery. Another sign that the change in the body is because of the powers rather then the process.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-03-02, 12:10   Link #109
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yes, I do agree that some change in the body is present, but I think that change is more because of the awakening process rather then the altering process. To take an example, the ability to create fire would need a vastly different altering of the body then the ability to create and channel a billion volts of electricity. The incompatibility for Psychics to use magic has always been present (hence the long rivalry between the two) so that is not a change brought on by the alterations of the curriculum.

It should also be noted that these changes are limited to drugs and hypnosis, and the changes made through these methods are to the brain. Not full-blown body surgery. Another sign that the change in the body is because of the powers rather then the process.
Obviously the change is limited to a rewiring of the brain (or the rest of the body?) in some way, rather than producing a "fire gland" or "lightning gland" or whatnot. Which to me seems like a perfectly reasonable change that can occur from drugs. Hormones in particular can have drastic bodily effects.

Also, when you think in terms of hormones, it seems reasonable that a significant number of people have developed powers naturally through some genetic "disorder" of the kind that causes hormonal imbalances, along with having the right mindset. The point is that you need both: hypnosis and drugs. Just hypnosis wouldn't work because most people aren't wired properly. It doesn't seem to be simply a mental issue.
Clarste is offline  
Old 2009-03-02, 19:00   Link #110
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
That's actually what I meant when I said that every human has the potential to become a Psychic, and that these abilities lie dormant in our bodies. The drugs and hypnosis simply put the right plugs into the right sockets to allow the powers to surface, but its existence was already there from the day the people were born. If the ability does not exist in humans from the start, then simple drugs and hypnosis won't magically cause the body to mutate something that isn't programmed into it.
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-03-10, 02:37   Link #111
indicatoto101
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Dallas
Age: 30
Who's the second strongest lv. 5?
indicatoto101 is offline  
Old 2009-03-10, 10:28   Link #112
eiyuu99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by indicatoto101 View Post
Who's the second strongest lv. 5?
Spoiler:
eiyuu99 is offline  
Old 2009-03-27, 10:15   Link #113
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 26
One question - why sensei in their school looks like a child ?
Littm is offline  
Old 2009-03-27, 10:23   Link #114
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
One question - why sensei in their school looks like a child ?
Loli sensei is soooo out of place...shes like a mysteries plot hole... she has to be either a esper or a mage..or some freaking hybrid....
ZippyDSM is offline  
Old 2009-03-27, 11:00   Link #115
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
One question - why sensei in their school looks like a child ?
Because the author wanted to use have a loli? If you’ve watched anime before, you should have already seen many lolis that are older than they look and are out of place…
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2009-03-27, 11:16   Link #116
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Somewhere...
Age: 26
Watched a lot of anime and never saw something like this in the same style except Doki Doki. Loli-teacher is really out of place. Am I doing something wrong ?
Littm is offline  
Old 2009-03-27, 11:33   Link #117
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
Watched a lot of anime and never saw something like this in the same style except Doki Doki. Loli-teacher is really out of place. Am I doing something wrong ?
No, nothing wrong at all! But, yes, see? In Doki Doki, Pani Poni, you see these type of "out of place" things. Basically, I was trying to say (to your question), there is no reason. She looks like a child because the creator wanted her to be like that.
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline  
Old 2009-03-28, 05:47   Link #118
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
In a city filled with people who can do anything ranging from lifting objects with their mind to creating thousands of volts of electricity, I fail to see how a perma-loli teacher is out of place.

Though on a rather amusing note, I believe I read somewhere that even the city itself labeled her as 'one of the city's seven great mysteries.'
__________________
Keroko is offline  
Old 2009-03-28, 06:01   Link #119
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
In a city filled with people who can do anything ranging from lifting objects with their mind to creating thousands of volts of electricity, I fail to see how a perma-loli teacher is out of place.
When she is called a normal human, yes sir there is something VERY wrong goingz on here.....

:P

Frankly I am writing her off as a moe midget/dwarf with a "staying young" fetish.
ZippyDSM is offline  
Old 2009-03-28, 06:59   Link #120
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 346Pro
Age: 29
Someone just decided to give women suffering from the mono-X genetic defect some limelight perhaps?
__________________
MeisterBabylon is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.