AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-28, 12:37   Link #121
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I actually vaguely remember there being a medical affliction that stunts the growth of a person, so physically speaking there really isn't anything impossible about her.
Old 2009-03-28, 12:39   Link #122
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I actually vaguely remember there being a medical affliction that stunts the growth of a person, so physically speaking there really isn't anything impossible about her.
True, its just annoying when they wont at least try and explain it when the go through the trouble of explaining so frakkin much ><

But its the only thing I can pick on in the whole show so meh I haz to pick on something....
Old 2009-03-28, 13:23   Link #123
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

i've always wondered..who's the guy(or a girl??) in the capsule thats always floating upside-down?
Old 2009-03-28, 13:28   Link #124
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStrike View Post
i've always wondered..who's the guy(or a girl??) in the capsule thats always floating upside-down?
Spoiler lite with abveraited wiki entry.

Spoiler for Aleister Crowley:

The whole thing is here somewhere.
Old 2009-03-29, 15:53   Link #125
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

ah I see. the anime needs to explain characters more lol. thx.
Old 2009-03-29, 20:22   Link #126
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStrike View Post
ah I see. the anime needs to explain characters more lol. thx.
They talked about him in 1 or 2 eps.
Old 2009-04-20, 03:12   Link #127
BlueDo

It now struck me.
In episode 13, Komoe said that level 0's are an anomaly.

Why is this so?
As far as I know, level 0's just have very low powers.
And in Touma's case, he has no power.
Old 2009-04-20, 05:07   Link #128
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Hmm? No, Level 0's are people without powers (remember Tsuchimikado's 'can't increase what's not there' comment?) Level 0's are an anomaly because according to the theory that Academy City uses to create Espers, every person should be able to awaken a power inside them. However, there are people who do not awaken powers, which goes against the theory. Since the Academy does not yet know why these peoples don't awaken powers, they are considered anomalies. Things that should not be there, but are.
Old 2009-04-20, 20:01   Link #129
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmm? No, Level 0's are people without powers (remember Tsuchimikado's 'can't increase what's not there' comment?) Level 0's are an anomaly because according to the theory that Academy City uses to create Espers, every person should be able to awaken a power inside them. However, there are people who do not awaken powers, which goes against the theory. Since the Academy does not yet know why these peoples don't awaken powers, they are considered anomalies. Things that should not be there, but are.
Didn't Tsuchimikado claim to be a lvl 0?
Old 2009-05-06, 18:26   Link #130
ellifeedn
Thinker

Why does Kuroko have an obsession with Mikoto?
Old 2009-05-06, 22:55   Link #131
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Why does Kuroko have an obsession with Mikoto?
Do we need an explanation of a hardcore lesbian crush?

From what I've seen in the anime its alluded that Kuroko respects her and tries to defender her in the school from petty talk about her in the school, where the friendship blossomed we'll probably find the details out n that in A certain scientific railgun if we are lucky..
Old 2009-07-08, 00:29   Link #132
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Just out of curiosity, I'm going to watch this series sooner or later but I was wondering if there is any romance in this series? Also, what is the majority of the opinions about this series? Is it recommended?

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-08, 00:33   Link #133
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Just out of curiosity, I'm going to watch this series sooner or later but I was wondering if there is any romance in this series? Also, what is the majority of the opinions about this series? Is it recommended?
Standard shounen anime romance is kept to a minimum, solid if not quirky plot/characters, somewhat gimmicky but not overtly. All in all I would recommend it.
Old 2009-07-08, 00:44   Link #134
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Standard shounen anime romance is kept to a minimum, solid if not quirky plot/characters, somewhat gimmicky but not overtly. All in all I would recommend it.
Sounds good, thanks for letting me know, I'll probably give it a watch once I decide to take a break from romance animes

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-08, 00:54   Link #135
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Sounds good, thanks for letting me know, I'll probably give it a watch once I decide to take a break from romance animes
Mmm I might add its more mature or tires to be than adventure based shounen(beet, naruto,bleach,ect) tho I guess when naruto/bleach stays on a non quirky story arch it tries to be more mature than the rest. What I am getting at it dose not drown itself is comedy based gimmicks it keeps up with itself without losing its humor or meandering off in odd directions, there might be 1 or 2 eps that are off but that's not bad for a 2X ep series, I think Kaze no stigma had 3 or 5 screwy eps where the plot and the story is stuck in the mud for character building/fan service and what not(would recommend that as well, has a tiny bit more romance in it but not by much).

I think To Aru Majutsu no Index keeps a balance of fanservice, filler,pace,ect to me its more a solid and enjoyable sci fi action shounen anime.

Ack...apologies for the rambling ><
Old 2009-07-08, 01:01   Link #136
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Mmm I might add its more mature or tires to be than adventure based shounen(beet, naruto,bleach,ect) tho I guess when naruto/bleach stays on a non quirky story arch it tries to be more mature than the rest. What I am getting at it dose not drown itself is comedy based gimmicks it keeps up with itself without losing its humor or meandering off in odd directions, there might be 1 or 2 eps that are off but that's not bad for a 2X ep series, I think Kaze no stigma had 3 or 5 screwy eps where the plot and the story is stuck in the mud for character building/fan service and what not(would recommend that as well, has a tiny bit more romance in it but not by much).

I think To Aru Majutsu no Index keeps a balance of fanservice, filler,pace,ect to me its more a solid and enjoyable sci fi action shounen anime.

Ack...apologies for the rambling ><
It's not a problem Rambles are actually more accurate to me because they work better in conveying your feelings towards the series and it's probably the most honest answer that you can give. Again, I appreciate the help. I think you've convinced me to watch the series now

So once I'm done with the series I'm currently watching, I'll probably watch this and start posting in this sub-forum Either way, I'm avoiding all the other threads because I despise spoilers

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-07-08, 01:14   Link #137
ZippyDSM

Quote:
It's not a problem Rambles are actually more accurate to me because they work better in conveying your feelings towards the series and it's probably the most honest answer that you can give. Again, I appreciate the help. I think you've convinced me to watch the series now

So once I'm done with the series I'm currently watching, I'll probably watch this and start posting in this sub-forum Either way, I'm avoiding all the other threads because I despise spoilers
Yay, I like a balance in anime, when it goes to far in one direction I get annoyed or bored, Naruto and Bleach have a pension for going off on quirky triads, mainly do to "oh sht we ran out of material quick lets fill it in ASAP!!!" One piece dose it too...but then again it is a quirky triad :P.

Have you checked out Pandora Hearts? It manages to keep with itself well enough, for a more realistic(story wise)/non quirky sfi fi series vipers creed is good...and agghhhhhgg I am rambling again , there's about a half a dozen or so shows I am keeping up with give or take, if you want some series to check out ask me in a PM, there's not much romance wise I am watching, I do like romance but stuff like lovely complex and even Toradora(I know I know its generic but its less generic than most IMO) dose not come around alot..
Old 2009-07-13, 23:26   Link #138
ellifeedn
Thinker

Who is/are the main antagonist/s (if there is/are one/any)?
Old 2009-07-14, 03:43   Link #139
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Who is/are the main antagonist/s (if there is/are one/any)?
Currently in anime, there are none.
Currently in novels, it might be either the leader of God's Right Seat or the Pope himself (since Roman Catholics appear to enemies to Touma and his friends here and Pope doesn't like him in slightest).

Personally, I think that Aleister Crowley (the magician and leader of espers: the guy in the tube) may be the main antagonist later on.
Old 2009-07-14, 10:59   Link #140
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

That's a good theory. Maybe he started the whole Science VS Magic rivalry into going to war so he could get rid of both sides when their both are at their weakest.
And he might be using everyone like Touma & Mikoto in his magnificent plan & they just don't it.

Tags
q&a