AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-01, 16:30   Link #581
dniv
Science is Romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Realistically speaking if nothing changes, it's best to proceed with the assumption that the next Animation project, if any, would be the very last one.
Which is why it's going to get more popular... how could they not animate NT 9? It's not like there's a ton of people who would see that or anything...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 16:52   Link #582
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Which is why it's going to get more popular... how could they not animate NT 9? It's not like there's a ton of people who would see that or anything...
I want to see it, I want to see it so bad, but I also know it would be so easy to screw up, so easy to make it look boring or ridiculous. We would need movie budget at least.

Chaos, I fear your words make a lot of sense. In that case, I hope at least for an original ending with Touma and Crowley having a fistfight because reasons.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 16:55   Link #583
dniv
Science is Romance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I want to see it, I want to see it so bad, but I also know it would be so easy to screw up, so easy to make it look boring or ridiculous. We would need movie budget at least.

Chaos, I fear your words make a lot of sense. In that case, I hope at least for an original ending with Touma and Crowley having a fistfight because reasons.

Ehhhh?

I'm still hoping this series' popularity will go up. You never know. Maybe if the manga came out in English, it would be more popular.
Old 2014-04-01, 17:09   Link #584
LG-MAX

Quote:
sad true,,,,,,,,.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-01, 17:12   Link #585
Hiss13
Eternal Hospital Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Realistically speaking if nothing changes, it's best to proceed with the assumption that the next Animation project, if any, would be the very last one.
This would probably be a good rule for any studio to follow.

Quote:

I would say that the movie budget is necessary for many arcs like WWIII as well. However, I agree. The budget needed for NT9 would have to be pretty big to do it justice.

Quote:

The closest we've ever gotten to that was this from Academy Index:

Quote:
It was a human wearing a green surgical gown who appeared masculine yet feminine, young yet aged, saintly yet sinful. Overall, he was an ambiguous person. He had a different type of silver hair than Index. His appeared to have lost all its color. That hair that extended down to his waist seemed to make it even harder to determine his age or sex.
His bare feet slapped against the floor as he approached.
“Why are you two not in class?”
“What? Who are you?”
“Well, it appears I am the board chairman character. I have serious doubts as to whether that qualifies as an entire category, but I must play the part as that is the part I was…ghbh!?”
Before the mysterious figure could finish speaking, Kamijou reflexively threw a punch.
“Gh..gbh… Wh-what are you doing?”
“I don’t really know, but I get the feeling it will solve everything on a global scale if I defeat you here.”
“P-please wait. I understand the desire to interfere with a secret character you never see on a daily basis. I do understand, but…bh!? But I must ask why you have so readily knocked me to the ground and climbed on top of…ghghgrbh.”
With the board chairman character defeated, Kamijou Touma wiped sweat from his brow with a gentle look on his face.
Maybe an OVA adapting one of the parody stories would be a good idea.
Old 2014-04-01, 17:29   Link #586
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Ehhhh?

I'm still hoping this series' popularity will go up. You never know. Maybe if the manga came out in English, it would be more popular.
Perhaps, but I'm afraid most popularity for the next year will be taken either by mahouka or fate/stay night. The former could easily be the next big thing, and you honestly cannot compete with the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
This would probably be a good rule for any studio to follow.
Three seasons max?

[QUOTE=Hiss13;5066120]I would say that the movie budget is necessary for many arcs like WWIII as well. However, I agree. The budget needed for NT9 would have to be pretty big to do it justice.

I think only WWIII and NT9 need that treatment. Hmmm, maybe NT4 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Maybe an OVA adapting one of the parody stories would be a good idea.
We already get the chibi skits, so it's unlikely.

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2014-04-01 at 17:39.
Old 2014-04-01, 17:54   Link #587
Hiss13

Quote:
Three seasons max?
I meant the whole treat each season as if it's the last. Of course, that may be hard to do with Index III (if it will exist) seeing as Volumes 17-19 all end on cliffhangers...unless JC Staff adapts Volumes 14-22 in one go....

Quote:
I think only WWIII and NT9 need that treatment. Hmmm, maybe NT4 as well.
I personally say that the British Civil War arc and Battle Royale Arcs deserve that to an extent as well. NT4 is also quite deserving as is NT6.

Quote:
We already get the chibi skits, so it's unlikely.
I can dream, can't I?
I personally find the parody stories far more amusing.
Old 2014-04-01, 18:19   Link #588
dniv
Science is Romance

I agree NT 9 and WW III climax need a movie budget. I don't see why NT 7 and 8 also couldn't get movie budgets... In fact, I think if it were adapted the whole NT 8/9/10 arc probably needs a movie budget... it does supposed to have three parts...

Unfortunately this series isn't popular enough. Though I disagree that this could never compete with Fate-series... it's not like that series was popular before it was created. It became popular at some point... Index could also undergo this transformation if it were hyped enough.

I'll hope for the best...
Old 2014-04-01, 18:59   Link #589
Ravagerblade
Fairy Magic God Othinus

I don't see how the fate-series is better than this series tbh, at least I've watched Fate/stay and Fate/stay night and UBW movie; it's unique in its own way but the whole entire thing always feels rushed. (Fate/stay does not apply, it was actually pretty good) but that's basically what I think.

Thumps up for Index movie budgets!
Old 2014-04-01, 19:20   Link #590
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I don't see how the fate-series is better than this series tbh, at least I've watched Fate/stay and Fate/stay night and UBW movie; it's unique in its own way but the whole entire thing always feels rushed. (Fate/stay does not apply, it was actually pretty good) but that's basically what I think.

Thumps up for Index movie budgets!
I assume you meant Zero there. And I didn't say it was better, just that it was more popular. This also applies to mahouka; having read all the volumes so far, I have to say that while the whole world and feel to it is indeed better written from an overall perspective (truckloads of detail, EVERYTHING gets explained, pragmatism and practicality permeate the whole thing), it's just nowhere near as entertaining as Index, at least to me. Guess I just prefer going CRAZY and a whole lot of heroism.
Old 2014-04-01, 20:10   Link #591
Ravagerblade
Fairy Magic God Othinus

^the fourth war one with Weaver and Rider; lolz and crazy rias(castor). its the better one so far.
Better/popular meh semantics!

For Index I'm definitely hoping for the Civil War Arc to get animated. Carissa ftw imo.
Old 2014-04-02, 01:32   Link #592
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

The Nasuverse which involves many more series than just FSN has a much bigger following, and has been around for a longer time.

...It's also grimmer-darker, and has a few eroge under it's belt.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 01:44   Link #593
Ravagerblade
Fairy Magic God Othinus

That's just means it has more outlets therefore more exposer. If Index LN had more exposer I'm sure it'd be more popular, If the LN was released in English it could happen.
Old 2014-04-02, 01:52   Link #594
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

i just want hamazura and kakine already... s3 come on
Old 2014-04-02, 05:07   Link #595
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
That's just means it has more outlets therefore more exposer. If Index LN had more exposer I'm sure it'd be more popular, If the LN was released in English it could happen.
Not really because type moon has vn, anime, movie, manga, then games and toys. dubbed anime and probably movie(not sure on UWB)

the same can be said for index VN, anime, movie (that sells TONS) manga that has their own ANIME too (same as illya) game(psp but I think it didn't get translated to english) and toys too

market and franchise wise.

type moon is old and it to be fair. Nasu is just keep on milking fate/series with the same grail war. INDEX IS WAY BETTER.

hmmm if I will pick between this two. I can't. I love both. But I kinda prefer type-moons grim-dark theme.

Index can also go dark theme but well >_> we all know it always ended up in happy ending. and its kinda boring or repetitive.

I also wish a S3 but I doubt the announcement that will be done on april 10? will be about S3.

Maybe next year?

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 05:53   Link #596
Ravagerblade
Fairy Magic God Othinus

Psychological horror? If so watch Higurashi When they cry. it's pretty interesting.

More exposer also includes time.

Index only went dark for very little time otherwise it was a little light. Railgun its self was also light, although Railgun S around where Accelerator and the Misaka sister #9963 something or other is when it felt dark and grim. Also slight less than that was with Railgun Vs. Meltdowner.
Old 2014-04-02, 08:55   Link #597
LG-MAX

I consider the Battle Royale the best arc that shows the dark side, and I believe he is what most will suffer censorship, honestly, I wish the director of the Railgun S anime did Index III.

Quote:
Index only went dark for very little time otherwise it was a little light
I think that's a bit exaggerated, we've had Baggage City which is the only arc that ended with the victory of the dark side of the AC. and the last volume is filled with despair, I think Index is 50/50, is a series that knows the balancing issues.
Old 2014-04-02, 09:31   Link #598
Birdway

Railgun directer censo red things as well, on that regard Index director is better, don't forget flying anatomic modelo Styil.
Old 2014-04-02, 09:50   Link #599
Hiss13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX View Post
I consider the Battle Royale the best arc that shows the dark side, and I believe he is what most will suffer censorship, honestly, I wish the director of the Railgun S anime did Index III.
Isn't censorship something that's done only for televised broadcasts, though? And with regards to the censorship...I only remember it happening two times in Episode 24 of season 2 and a couple of times during episode 19-23. But, again, I'm pretty sure that those things are uncensored in the DVD/BD Release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Railgun directer censored things as well, on that regard Index director is better, don't forget flying anatomic model Styil.
Railgun's director only censored two or three things for Railgun--The finger Accelerator was chewing, Misaka 9982's bottom half after Accelerator ripped off her leg, and I think Misaka 10031's corpse. The issue is that there isn't much of anything graphic in the entirety of Railgun. The Sisters Arc was an outlier in that respect. Can't censor much if there isn't stuff to censor out after all.
Old 2014-04-02, 09:55   Link #600
LG-MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Railgun directer censo red things as well, on that regard Index director is better, don't forget flying anatomic modelo Styil.
Also let's not forget the scene of Acc chewing fingers, something totally deleted in Index.