AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-08-15, 23:27   Link #981
Chaos2Frozen
Retroactive Momentum

There's a reason why people don't just let so-and-so company handle everything =_= It's not as simple as writing a nice letter and asking please =_=
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 00:53   Link #982
ACertainStark
Inactive

^Yup. Also, Trigger wouldn't fit at all if we're strictly looking at the studios resume and staff...

Happy with JC.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 18:29   Link #983
dniv
#joke status -> char dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
^Yup. Also, Trigger wouldn't fit at all if we're strictly looking at the studios resume and staff...

Happy with JC.
WHAT!!!! I LOVE TRIGGER ARE YOU KIDDING ME LOL. They did Kill la Kill. And they split from Gainax because they hated their way of producing things. Either way, if you just look at the designs for their new anime it looks better than UFOTable's stuff I've seen for Fate series and looks to be on par to Railgun S from the PV I saw. The point is that Trigger is brand new and has already produced pretty amazing work, and they're still putting things together. I feel like they would probably be a much better fit for Index in NT than JC. I say this especially because Trigger has directly said before that they love series that have an insane amount of trollish amounts of craziness happening everywhere... and in anything they have done up until now, they've had lots of amazing workmanship all around... so I dunno why you are exactly saying that? Their first anime was Kill la Kill lol... (or technically it was Little Witch Academia which looks absolutely stunning by the way on 1080P with 3x as many frames as a usual anime does) and Kill la Kill was their first long one. I mean they are brand new and they are already doing things that good. I have to say that I think that they'd be good...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-16, 18:48   Link #984
Chaos2Frozen
Retroactive Momentum

What makes you think they'll love to do Index =_= ? This show couldn't be further apart from what they like.

And I might as well tackle Utfotable while I'm at it- unless someone is willing to cough up the big cash, Utfotable are strictly working for Type/Moon and Bamco.
Old 2014-08-17, 02:12   Link #985
ACertainStark
Inactive

The staff at Trigger, their style and what they do is on the opposite spectrum of what Index is and how it's written. It'd pretty much be all style and no substance if Trigger had animated it. Their style of world and story building doesn't really fit at all. Too bombastic and the fights would probably bore them.

Also, seems every anime I come by lately has people wishing ufotable does it... Just enjoy what you have.
Old 2014-08-17, 04:00   Link #986
Chaos2Frozen
Retroactive Momentum

It reminds me of the days where EVERYONE wanted KyoAni to do EVERYTHING.

Utfotable is good, but that quality comes with a price- Time, Money and Manpower.
Old 2014-08-17, 09:21   Link #987
ACertainStark
Inactive

Ah, I remember that. That was really annoying. Implying KyoAni could do good with every single series and I'm inclined to lean on the "no" as of recent.

And yeah, bunch of factors in play. Just be happy it was adapted at all and not turned out shit. They have done a very good job with it.
Old 2014-08-17, 12:26   Link #988
dniv
#joke status -> char dev

Quote:
Ah, I remember that. That was really annoying. Implying KyoAni could do good with every single series and I'm inclined to lean on the "no" as of recent.

And yeah, bunch of factors in play. Just be happy it was adapted at all and not turned out shit. They have done a very good job with it.
Isn't Shaft now kind of like Kyoani was... and wasn't Gainax then like Kyoani was less then... Either way... meh... I don't get the whole Trigger isn't deep in style. They've literally only done one show. I don't really get how you can say that they're shallow yet. I meant that by the time it's time to do NT... a few years will have passed by then... and they'll have animated a lot of shows... regardless... isn't NT bombastic... or am I reading the wrong series. (I must be.) But I guess you two are opposed to Trigger for some weird reason... I guess I'll wait to bringing this up again until more stuff by them comes out later...

Either way, don't get me wrong. I love J.C. staff's adaptation of it... what I hate though... is what they did with railgun filler... to create the split in the fanbase that currently exists... They're slowly improving... but then they had Railgun S part 2... I'm okay with them because they do a really good job, but I'm really annoyed at how split up the fanbase is because of how the anime has been handled so far... (did I say that enough times? )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 09:53   Link #989
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

While they didn't do a bad job with Index, I don't thing they really did a good job either. Even though they covered the story quite accurately, they changed the tone the LN gave to make it more...shonenish I guess.

This is really apparent when you compare Touma vs Accelerator in Index to Railgun S. The complete lack of blood and injuries, the plasma ball being about the size of a large beach ball over Accelerator's head, rather than a phenomenon that threatened the entire city, Touma standing at the end as if he only had light bruises, completely disregarding the severity of that conflict. The Railgun S version of that fight is on a completely different scale, making the Index version look like a school yard brawl in comparison.

The other issue I have is with Touma's character development, they skip a few really important bits of dialogue that lend greatly to understanding his motivations, the reasons why he stands in the face of danger with this fist clenched. For example, Touma's inner monologue after he saves Himegami from Aoreolus (which leads to Amnesiac Touma's first IDTI), the conversation Touma has with Kuroko after he saves her from Awaki's large scale attack, Index's talk with Himegami at the end of the Stab Sword arc.

While I love certain scenes from the anime and play them over and over (Accelerator vs Awaki was done perfectly imo) as a whole I can't help but be disapointed with it as an adaptation of the Index LN.

That being said, if they do the next Index season with the quality they handled the Railgun Sisters Arc, I will be quite pleased.

Edit: Forgot to mention that what led me to read the LN if the first place was this jarring feeling that there was something missing the entire time I watched the show, I just couldn't shake the feeling that what I was watching was incomplete at some level. It came quite apparent after reading the LN and at that time I become hooked on the Raildex franchise.

"Othinus, what’s with this hell of panties? You’re getting lazy with these new worlds now, aren’t you? Zzz…” -Kamijou Touma

Last edited by Verrueckter; 2014-08-24 at 10:08.
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 22:55   Link #990
Miraluka
Banned

Touma: Screw Toaru, I'm gonna be an hero somewhere else!

Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 00:51   Link #991
Hiss13
Soaring without Abandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Touma: Screw Toaru, I'm gonna be an hero somewhere else!
That's not somewhere else. That's one of the Shifting and Fluctuating Worlds. Duh...
Old 2014-08-28, 08:40   Link #992
The One Above God
Kamijou

How about Bones? or Madhouse? or both?

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 09:04   Link #993
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
How about Bones? or Madhouse? or both?
The world would implode from awesomeness... or from an anime original ending
Old 2014-08-28, 09:42   Link #994
Marcus H.
オオオオオオオオオオ

To clarify: an anime original ending (Bones) and no sequels (Madhouse).

Spring 2016: Gakusen Toshi Asterisk S2, Flying Witch, Bakuon! and Hibike! Euphonium Movie.
LN Challenge Spring 2016: Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? and Hundred.

Summer 2016: Kono Bijutsu-bu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! and Qualidea Code.

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 40. Completed: 267. Plan to watch: 34.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 10:39   Link #995
Hiss13
Soaring without Abandon

So I made this post a while back when speculating about how the remainder could be adapted....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
My thoughts are the following options

1-Well-paced 2-cour seasons
Season 3-a 2 cour season covering Volumes 14-19
Season 4-a 2-cour season covering SS2 and Volumes 20-22
Season 5-a 2-cour season covering Norse Mythology, then NT1-4

2-Rushed WWIII and skipped SS
Season 4-a 1-cour season covering Volumes 20-22
Season 5-a 2-cour season covering NT 1-6

3-Rushed Norse Mythology SS+WWIII
Season 3-A 2-cour season covering Volumes 14-18 and then SS2
Season 4-A 2-cour season covering Volume 19, Norse Mythology, and Volumes 20-22
Season 5-A 2-cour season covering NT 1-6

4-All my money, JC Staff
Season 3-A 4-cour season covering Volumes 14-19, then SS2, then Volumes 20-22
Season 4-A 2-cour season covering Norse Mythology and then NT1-4

I prefer options 1 and 4.
We can't have any anime original arcs for Index. Ever.
Now I shall update it.

1-Well-paced 2-cour seasons
Season 4-a 2-cour season covering SS2 and Volumes 20-22
Season 5-a 2-cour season covering Norse Mythology, then NT 01-04
Season 6-a 2-cour season covering NT 05-10

2-Rushed WWIII and skipped SS
Season 4-a 1-cour season covering Volumes 20-22
Season 5-a 2-cour season covering NT 01-06
Season 6-a 2-cour season covering NT 07-12

3-Rushed Norse Mythology SS+WWIII
Season 3-A 2-cour season covering Volumes 14-18 and then SS2
Season 4-A 2-cour season covering Volume 19, Norse Mythology, and Volumes 20-22
Season 5-A 2-cour season covering NT 01-06
Season 6-A 2-cour season covering NT 07-12

4-All my money, JC Staff
Season 4-A 2-cour season covering Norse Mythology and then NT 01-04
Season 5-A 2-cour season covering NT05-10

5-Fund it, JC Staff
Season 4-A 2-cour season covering Norse Mythology and then NT 01-10

Obviously, Options 1, 4, and 5 are satisfactory but Options 4 and 5 are unlikely...
NOTE: The NT12 thing is under the assumption that NT11 will either be the first in a 2-parter of NT12 and NT11 will be their own one-part arcs each.
Old 2014-09-11, 10:41   Link #996
ACertainStark
Inactive

Quote:
I think SS2 can cover 8 episodes. That way, WWIII can be given 16 episodes.

Let me update it to conform to newer releases....
^Thing is though SS2 is only 233 Pages compared to the regular volumes which go from 380-450. That would be dragging it by a ton, wouldn't it?
Old 2014-09-11, 10:44   Link #997
Hiss13
Soaring without Abandon

Quote:
^Thing is though SS2 is only 233 Pages compared to the regular volumes which go from 380-450. That would be dragging it by a ton, wouldn't it?
I guess so. Maybe 6 episodes for SS2, then...
The thing is, I want to see WWIII at its fullest so giving it a fair amount of time is a good thing.
I also want to see NT10 receiving a fair amount of time so that there may be some expansion in it as well, though.
Old 2014-09-11, 10:51   Link #998
ACertainStark
Inactive

Quote:
I guess so. Maybe 6 episodes for SS2, then...
The thing is, I want to see WWIII at its fullest so giving it a fair amount of time is a good thing.
The way I see it:
S3
14-19
S4
SS2-SP-NM-WW3
2 episodes-4 Episodes-4 Episodes-14 episodes
Old 2014-09-11, 10:54   Link #999
Hiss13
Soaring without Abandon

Quote:
The way I see it:
S3
14-19
S4
SS2-SP-NM-WW3
2 episodes-4 Episodes-4 Episodes-14 episodes
That actually seems fair. But, I think we're all in agreement that Season 3 should be volumes 14-19 only.
Old 2014-09-11, 11:03   Link #1000
ACertainStark
Inactive

Quote:
That actually seems fair. But, I think we're all in agreement that Season 3 should be volumes 14-19 only.
Yeah. When Season 1 did 6 volumes, it was really well paced.

Since this is where OT gets real good, they should probably do the same.

I'm expecting them to animate what they didn't of SS1 or a bit of SS2 though for a introductory episode. Also feel SP is crucial.

Then for NT:
1~6 for Season 1
7~12 for Season 2.

But we have Railgun III and IV/movie before that.