AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-13, 11:36   Link #661
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
IB makes the man?
Sleep_ping is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 11:47   Link #662
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Nop, the man makes the IB, as both, Accelerator and Lessar said.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2010-11-13, 11:48   Link #663
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
See, that's why we have Touma jokes, not Chuck Norris jokes here.
Sleep_ping is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 11:59   Link #664
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
IB makes the man?
I haven't done it myself but I'm almost certain if you look back at this thread, 85% or so of 'Touma-related' topic is about Imagine Breaker with the remaining in some ways about the girls he had 'captured'.

In an attempt to change those numbers... I'll bring up a discussion to figure out what exactly I like about this guy.

Now, all my past experiences had taught me to despise those kinds of goody-two-shoes heroes (In the best case, 'dislike') and for all intent and purposes Touma does fit the bill, but for some reason he just strikes me as... Different, and I can't explain why. I've just caught up to the latest story on 'Fairy Tail' which is an typical of a shounen action series as they get, with a lead male that's as shounen-ish as they get. And I realize one thing while comparing to those characters, I realize that the reason why people would complaint that Touma preach too much... Was because unlike the other shounen heroes with their pre-assigned flaws, that's probably the only thing they can complaint about
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2010-11-13, 12:06   Link #665
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Sure is. Does Touma really have a character flaw?

Anyway, starting to get my lazy fingers back to work. Will finish up Vol 16 Prologue in 1 hour maximum.
Sleep_ping is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 12:07   Link #666
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
In resume:

Touma: I will destroy your illusion!
Accelerator ( and probably "you")*Nagasumi mode on *: Touma-san------!!

Chaos: Touma destroyed your illusion thus, you like him .
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2010-11-13, 12:13   Link #667
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Well, there's a reason why Touma's so popular, even with the guys (except when it comes to the girls).
Sleep_ping is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 12:19   Link #668
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Sure is. Does Touma really have a character flaw?
Too much talking, but I can't see that as a flaw. At least he's not all talk, he gives his enemies a proper beating after that.

Too idealistic, but things have proven that when the time comes to pay him a heavy price for being like that, he DID not break. Well d'uh, I dare to compare with Archer of the Fate series because in Archer's case, he already broke after the hardships he has endured as the Heroic Spirit Emiya. I don't know about what's gonna become of Future!Touma though.

... Others... Fighting style. D'uh, even I hoped that he at least can pull a Rapid Fire Fisticuffs (cue a certain ATATATATATATATATATA from a certain shounen legend which also happens to have black, spiky hair like Touma), but that wouldn't be interesting I guess - nothing is much more fun seeing someone who have just enough martial arts skill for street brawling take down uberhax characters, besides as a street brawler, he's one of the first kinds I've ever found who can actually eradicate world peace-threatening threats with that.

... Face it, not even the Railgun series will be nice without him.

*runs*
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 15:52   Link #669
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
every siongle sermon touma gives can be translated as: stop messing around or i punch you in da face!.
zeniselv is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 16:42   Link #670
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
And it works
__________________
Ashaman is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 17:23   Link #671
Not Random
看著看著你來來去去
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Omnipresent... so everywhere
Age: 20
I despise the whole righteous and goody two shoes thing as well, but I think Touma is so appealing because he is isn't afraid to punch out whoever or whatever he feels he needs to. He's also a wild card, and he's never really grounded on a certain side.

Although it'd be perfect if he fought like Kenshiro.
__________________
Not Random is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 17:30   Link #672
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
The reason the RCC wants to kill him isn't IB. Its because they are jealous of his Preaching skills.
__________________
Ashaman is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 17:44   Link #673
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Holy right and IB are different.

Let's make Fiamma the example.

His holy right is different from his 3rd arm. He had a special power on his right hand and the manifestation of it is the 3rd arm.

Touma is the same. Fiamma wants Touma's holy right to become a spirit tool for his 3rd arm.

As of now. Imagine Breaker can be consider different power than the holy right itself. Holy right = to special right hand. But the power itself has different interpretation. For Fiamma 3rd arm and for Touma Imagine breaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's a power that's base on the Right Hand, similar to the Holy Right. So in a way yes, similar but not the same. Of course this opens up another issue - Are there more powers like this out there?

Lol, we should name this Character Discussion thread - Imagine Breaker instead of Touma see as how it's like a Character of it's own.
So he has 3 powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I haven't done it myself but I'm almost certain if you look back at this thread, 85% or so of 'Touma-related' topic is about Imagine Breaker with the remaining in some ways about the girls he had 'captured'.

In an attempt to change those numbers... I'll bring up a discussion to figure out what exactly I like about this guy.

Now, all my past experiences had taught me to despise those kinds of goody-two-shoes heroes (In the best case, 'dislike') and for all intent and purposes Touma does fit the bill, but for some reason he just strikes me as... Different, and I can't explain why. I've just caught up to the latest story on 'Fairy Tail' which is an typical of a shounen action series as they get, with a lead male that's as shounen-ish as they get. And I realize one thing while comparing to those characters, I realize that the reason why people would complaint that Touma preach too much... Was because unlike the other shounen heroes with their pre-assigned flaws, that's probably the only thing they can complaint about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
And it works
Probably cuz

1) he ain't a little b&$^%
2)he's got a cool harem.
3)His preaches are awesome and make sense.
4)he's a regular boy who beats the unbeatable. (although mikoto can kill him easily. Just magnetise a car and throw it at him.)
5)look at the past few pages for the touma rap.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 18:41   Link #674
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
As one of them said girls do like manly people. This harem show aint like to love ru where the guys a little b!$^# and still gets some. That doesn't happen in real life, and also toumas a bad ass his ridiculous sense of justice should be an example to everyone of what to do when they see someone with a problem.
I guess I'm a failure of a girl then because falling for the guy who saved you is seriously dumb in my opinion. Wanting to be friends is fine by me, but falling head over hills is just no.

Touma is a good character with good personality but harem ruins him.
__________________
kitten320 is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 19:00   Link #675
outerelf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bouncing
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I guess I'm a failure of a girl then because falling for the guy who saved you is seriously dumb in my opinion. Wanting to be friends is fine by me, but falling head over hills is just no.

Touma is a good character with good personality but harem ruins him.
The problem with Touma is that his right hand negates the 'red string' which basically means 'ones future lover'. So then the girls red strings are left loose, and Touma gets on the receiving end.

Besides, his harem is by no means the most important part, most of the time it's a simple deal of the girls remembering who he is, and being thankful. Orsola I believe doesn't feel for him romantically, and neither does Sherry. Hinegami is more wanting to spend time with him- which you ought to feel when someone saves you.
outerelf is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 19:05   Link #676
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
The problem with Touma is that his right hand negates the 'red string' which basically means 'ones future lover'. So then the girls red strings are left loose, and Touma gets on the receiving end.
... Or at least, that's what they say


Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Besides, his harem is by no means the most important part, most of the time it's a simple deal of the girls remembering who he is, and being thankful. Orsola I believe doesn't feel for him romantically, and neither does Sherry. Hinegami is more wanting to spend time with him- which you ought to feel when someone saves you.
Indeed, most of them are just... Well if they see him they'll go all doki-doki, but when they don't they carry on their business as usual. It's not like most of the girls are putting aside all their time on him. So only Mikoto and Index are the recurring members.
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2010-11-13, 19:11   Link #677
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Indeed, most of them are just... Well if they see him they'll go all doki-doki, but when they don't they carry on their business as usual. It's not like most of the girls are putting aside all their time on him. So only Mikoto and Index are the recurring members.
you forgot itsuwa, from her actions she also has more than a crush on touma, but other that thati think touma just raised the "flags" but still havent gotten intho their "route".
zeniselv is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 19:17   Link #678
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
you forgot itsuwa, from her actions she also has more than a crush on touma, but other that thati think touma just raised the "flags" but still havent gotten intho their "route".
I don't know... Outside of vol 14-16 how often does she appears? And of that appearance what role does she play?
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2010-11-13, 19:33   Link #679
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't know... Outside of vol 14-16 how often does she appears? And of that appearance what role does she play?
well about *screentime* it has been little, but from her action shes depicted thinking in a way to win over touma(kanzaki is more for showing gratitude, anieze and co. is more of a girls talk, most of the other girls dont show much advances), she shows jelaousy(in a more passive matter that ceartain other two) and (not really sure about this) she even drowns herself in sake due to touma beign away from her.
zeniselv is offline  
Old 2010-11-13, 19:48   Link #680
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
As for now the only one I can tell that really love Touma is Itsuwa and Mikoto -_-
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.