AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-17, 18:16   Link #1301
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
well there are two sides of TouMAN

then there's the supposed to be bat shit insane version if you cut off his right arm

i love bat shit insane touma.
Old 2013-04-19, 05:43   Link #1302
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

So a friend reccomended TAMNI to me, and here I am having just watched Eps 1 & 2...

Does Touma grow after this? At the beginning, he seems awkward, his actions appear forced and a little scripted, as though there's interaction in the LNs that got cut. (I'm still downloading the LNs.)

His fapping right hand is pretty interesting. Negating anything to zero, be it phenomenon, luck, or power...the lack of anything in compensation disturbs me a little though. Eg. There is really no requirement for Imagine Breaker to function against something as powerful as Innocentius?

Spoil me anything that needs to be spoiled; by the time i get to the spoiler's timeline I usually have forgotten about it

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-04-19 at 05:49. Reason: Typo ._.
Old 2013-04-19, 05:47   Link #1303
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

With only two episodes in, there really isn't much to say until you form a better idea of what direction the story is heading and whether it'll be to your taste or not.
Old 2013-04-19, 05:51   Link #1304
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

The humour part is okay; I picked this up mainly because my friend reccomended it as a good show comparable to Accel World.
Old 2013-04-19, 05:52   Link #1305
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

...Out of curiosity, exactly which part did he say was comparable to Accel World ?
Old 2013-04-19, 05:54   Link #1306
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Ummm, nothing in particular. Personally I'd say it's the mahou shoujo/shounen parts lol.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-04-19 at 06:14.
Old 2013-04-19, 06:18   Link #1307
Rovert10

Odd comparison because Touma is nothing like Haru and I don't mean just body shape.
But Touma isn't the standard shounen hero either
Old 2013-04-19, 06:22   Link #1308
tsunade666

Its better to try and watch season 1 of anime then read the novel before continuing on season 2 then onto the novels.

You will see a subtle difference from before memory lost Touma to after memory lost Touma.

Old 2013-04-19, 06:27   Link #1309
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Odd comparison because Touma is nothing like Haru and I don't mean just body shape.
But Touma isn't the standard shounen hero either
I meant in the context of settings and mechanics, not only their MCs.

Haruyuki is an interesting twist but he's strictly considered hipster. Touma, Kirito, etc would fall into the more mainstream genre of MCs. Set aside that Kirito is Gary Stu OP...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Its better to try and watch season 1 of anime then read the novel before continuing on season 2 then onto the novels.

You will see a subtle difference from before memory lost Touma to after memory lost Touma.
Memory losses? Dear dear...the plot thickens..

Is this anything like the twists and turns of Mirai Nikki?
Old 2013-04-19, 06:29   Link #1310
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

/facepalm, dude spoilers, he had only seen episode two.

Just watch the episodes first, or read the manga- that's just as good as well.
Old 2013-04-19, 06:32   Link #1311
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Nah it's alright. Considering you guys are long-time Index fans and I'm just starting the series, I'd forget I was posting spoilers too.
Old 2013-04-19, 06:59   Link #1312
tsunade666

Kirito so true gary stu op mainstream hero.

But Touma is more like a seinen hero because there is more to that guy than meets the eye. Even though at first sight when the people describe that fight broke and he preach and punch the guy. There are more twist and turns in between plot that I can't categorize it as shounen series.

Old 2013-04-19, 07:01   Link #1313
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I'm kinda wondering why Index's head piece hasn't been torn to pieces by Imagine Breaker yet - will this be explained?
Old 2013-04-19, 07:19   Link #1314
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
I'm kinda wondering why Index's head piece hasn't been torn to pieces by Imagine Breaker yet - will this be explained?
you know bro??..asking a spoiler in some forum rather than looking for it in google or wikia....it's kind of funny....and please just continue watch it...
Old 2013-04-19, 07:22   Link #1315
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I'd go to wikia for story spoilers, if I'm impatient to watch the anime. There's plenty of time to watch really, but right now this is not one such time.

I'm asking for spoilers about details - to what extent can IB null attacks, objects, and Touma's luck.

On that note: why doesn't he just wrap his hand up or something?
Old 2013-04-19, 07:31   Link #1316
tsunade666

Wrapping it with cloth won't help. its passive though it will prevent accidental destruction but he didn't know what's supernatural and what's not.

To what extent IB can null attacks? there is a certain limit and that's planet buster limit or celestial level limit. If the attack is strong enough to cause the fabric of space and time to rift. It won't be cancel immediately. Continuous regeneration attack can be null but since it regenerates then it will just be block. Attack that so massive that its size is 41 kilometers and can cleave mountains like butter will take time to be erase

BUT THERE IS NOTHING THAT IMAGINE BREAKER CAN'T RETURN TO NORMAL AS LONG AS ITS A DISTORTION TO THE WORLD OR SUPERNATURAL PHENOMENON.

It will take time for larger than planets attack but it will be erase. Eventually but since in a battle. Standing like an idiot on the same spot for a couple of seconds is suicide. Touma learns to cope with it by redirecting the attacks.

Be warned this are all spoilers.

If you want the best description for Touma.

TOUMA = CHUCK NORRIS WHEN HE IS YOUNG.

There are kamijou touma legends and its kinda funny like so try to read those.

Old 2013-04-19, 07:37   Link #1317
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

That kind of spoiler is fine so long as you place in spoiler tags who IB was used to null.

Eg.
Spoiler for Touma's first use of IB anime-wise:
That's how.

I feel stupid for asking this last question for the day (julioalgae I swear I'll go watch 3 & 4 when I get home later) but it will be explained why Misaki's tsundere for Touma, right?
Old 2013-04-19, 08:48   Link #1318
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
That kind of spoiler is fine so long as you place in spoiler tags who IB was used to null.

Eg.
Spoiler for Touma's first use of IB anime-wise:
That's how.

I feel stupid for asking this last question for the day (julioalgae I swear I'll go watch 3 & 4 when I get home later) but it will be explained why Misaki's tsundere for Touma, right?
I believe Misaki's first meeting with Touma is mentioned in the Light Novel, but you can also check out the Railgun side story manga/anime to get some background on those two. The Index anime does not cover that.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:51   Link #1319
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Right, thanks ( :
Old 2013-04-19, 17:26   Link #1320
Flere821
Lurker

@ Tusjecht: I suggest you read Index Vol1 first, that should give you a more in-depth understanding. Watch the anime after that.
Closed Thread