AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-16, 10:29   Link #1681
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
in Volume 7 Misaki used her powers quite the way we wanted (doing everything with the girl of small boobs) and although Touma complained he was not really angry, he even considered the fact that she use her power to manipulate several people to search spiritual item. Touma understands how useful is her power. I think the problem was much more serious, she must have done something with someone very close to him, if she tried something like this with the Index, she would be beaten (probably)
If Misaki were to enter Index's mind, Misaki would die...
Old 2013-10-16, 10:42   Link #1682
Acer
Death to the infidels!

just disregard that little detail and you will understand what I mean.
Old 2013-10-26, 18:09   Link #1683
Goldzero

alright just went into some fourms and many fans seems to have state that Japanese fans are raging at kamijou(mikoto fans) due to a scene somewhere where it looked like kamijou knew mikoto affection for him but instantly did a rejection since he constantly avoids her and stated he views her as a friend which psst of allot of them and caused them to drop the novels. could explained the massive sell drops lately after NT 3 or 4 was it? pretty much lately most fans are shipping kurokoxmikoto now then toumaxmikoto ever since then and help of railgun S. well kamijou doomed now for staying unpopular.
Old 2013-10-26, 18:12   Link #1684
allfictions

Are you sure they weren't talking about the OreImo crossover? What with the ''cool like a boy you can rely on'' line? In which case they would be kinda stupid to take it so seriously.

Phenomena that can be explained in words cannot be described as absurd.
Old 2013-10-26, 18:36   Link #1685
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
alright just went into some fourms and many fans seems to have state that Japanese fans are raging at kamijou(mikoto fans) due to a scene somewhere where it looked like kamijou knew mikoto affection for him but instantly did a rejection since he constantly avoids her and stated he views her as a friend which psst of allot of them and caused them to drop the novels. could explained the massive sell drops lately after NT 3 or 4 was it? pretty much lately most fans are shipping kurokoxmikoto now then toumaxmikoto ever since then and help of railgun S. well kamijou doomed now for staying unpopular.
those types of fans are like bugs
helpful to the environment but highly annoying and you just wish they would go away

but Touma isn't unpopular

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Old 2013-10-26, 18:56   Link #1686
LazyHunter

Quote:
I wouldn't trust that information, specially without a source. While Touma is kinda divisive in the West (he's a bit different to other shounen heroes, specially in terms of power) I think he has always had a better image in Japan. I've seen Railgun-only fans in other forums quite rabid in their hate of Touma (and the Index series by extension) but I assumed it's just them being sore about the Sisters Arc in Railgun S. I saw the same thing happen during the first Railgun anime and Touma was much less important there.

Has it really been a massive sales drop? I thought NT sales had stayed pretty constant. Sales might have dropped a little in the novels following NT 3 because the Mikoto fans that bought them hoping for her big role in the main series might have been a little angry with what it really was. And I really doubt that kamikoto fans will jump ship to mikotoxkuroko or drop the novels for a throwaway line in a non-canon crossover written by a different author.
Old 2013-10-26, 19:05   Link #1687
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
I wouldn't trust that information, specially without a source. While Touma is kinda divisive in the West (he's a bit different to other shounen heroes, specially in terms of power) I think he has always had a better image in Japan. I've seen Railgun-only fans in other forums quite rabid in their hate of Touma (and the Index series by extension) but I assumed it's just them being sore about the Sisters Arc in Railgun S. I saw the same thing happen during the first Railgun anime and Touma was much less important there.

Has it really been a massive sales drop? I thought NT sales had stayed pretty constant. Sales might have dropped a little in the novels following NT 3 because the Mikoto fans that bought them hoping for her big role in the main series might have been a little angry with what it really was. And I really doubt that kamikoto fans will jump ship to mikotoxkuroko or drop the novels for a throwaway line in a non-canon crossover written by a different author.
no they were specifically fans of kamijou and most of them liked him in the fourms. btw the people who are sore of the railgun S episodes were mainly in 4chan i bet but i honestly haven't seen much hate atm. anyways if you think about it, it does possibly make seance ever since lately this year in popularity polls touma usually get ranked 7 or 8 in the raildex poll and that latest cell phone poll(the number of votes he only had was even depressing) and him being ranked 8 or 9 wasn't any better i mean heck even the kamikoto fanarts have not been made much and usually when they have a very special moment fanarts tend to come in quite a handful to be specific. anyways im not bothered by this because what you gonna do about it?
Old 2013-10-26, 19:15   Link #1688
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
I advise you not cares, seriously, you will only earn headache, Touma is popular, very popular, but many will hate him no matter what he does, and always will. simple, it is not possible to please everyone, take the example of Jesus.
Old 2013-10-26, 19:19   Link #1689
Goldzero

Quote:
I advise you not cares, seriously, you will only earn headache, Touma is popular, very popular, but many will hate him no matter what he does, and always will. simple, it is not possible to please everyone, take the example of Jesus.
i guess but it never bothered me of kamijou was popular or not but the reasons as to why they hate him is usually well.... quite bad that you noticed a number of hes haters are action>plot shounen fans with lame arguments to back up.
Old 2013-10-26, 19:29   Link #1690
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
i guess but it never bothered me of kamijou was popular or not but the reasons as to why they hate him is usually well.... quite bad that you noticed a number of hes haters are action>plot shounen fans with lame arguments to back up.
ridiculous arguments to hate something is much more common, no matter what you do they will never disappear, just ignore and be happy (or not, but they will still exist), anyway, are not the opinions of others that affects my desire to follow a series or like of a character,
Old 2013-10-26, 19:48   Link #1691
Goldzero

Quote:
ridiculous arguments to hate something is much more common, no matter what you do they will never disappear, just ignore and be happy (or not, but they will still exist), anyway, are not the opinions of others that affects my desire to follow a series or like of a character,
agreed but im still slightly concern over the statement as to what they said in the forum but none of the less theirs noting i can do but enjoy what i can. anyways i guess they just been to a few bad forums sence that can happen from time to time.
Old 2013-10-27, 06:29   Link #1692
LazyHunter

Quote:
agreed but im still slightly concern over the statement as to what they said in the forum but none of the less theirs noting i can do but enjoy what i can. anyways i guess they just been to a few bad forums sence that can happen from time to time.
The deal with Touma and the Index series is the same with every piece of fiction that gets enough popularity. There are a lot of people who don't like the series but feel the need to complain at very turn instead of not reading it or watching it, people who pick up on this haters and complain even if they haven't read/watched it and trolls who usually flock to the big series to get their fill. The problem is that these people complain the loudest compared to fans that are happy to have normal conversations about their favorite character or episode. Just enjoy what you like even if someone doesn't like it.
Old 2013-10-27, 11:46   Link #1693
Goldzero

Quote:
The deal with Touma and the Index series is the same with every piece of fiction that gets enough popularity. There are a lot of people who don't like the series but feel the need to complain at very turn instead of not reading it or watching it, people who pick up on this haters and complain even if they haven't read/watched it and trolls who usually flock to the big series to get their fill. The problem is that these people complain the loudest compared to fans that are happy to have normal conversations about their favorite character or episode. Just enjoy what you like even if someone doesn't like it.
but you see the problem was the person himself stated hes been too many Japanese fourms where people used to read index until some scene in NT that touma himself knew mikoto feelings but only considers her a friend?(i never read a scene like that in NT but then again so little amount of fans talked about it) and because of that many dropped the series due to that moment and even to this day the fans are crushed at touma and dispiace(can't spell it) him but that rather strange since not so long ago there was a pairing poll where he was ranked 1st place with mikoto(you know that recent pairing poll in the pairing after the movie came) so even i consider it suspicious since people usually say it happened around NT 3 or 4.
Old 2013-10-27, 14:13   Link #1694
LazyHunter

Quote:
but you see the problem was the person himself stated hes been too many Japanese fourms where people used to read index until some scene in NT that touma himself knew mikoto feelings but only considers her a friend?(i never read a scene like that in NT but then again so little amount of fans talked about it) and because of that many dropped the series due to that moment and even to this day the fans are crushed at touma and dispiace(can't spell it) him but that rather strange since not so long ago there was a pairing poll where he was ranked 1st place with mikoto(you know that recent pairing poll in the pairing after the movie came) so even i consider it suspicious since people usually say it happened around NT 3 or 4.
I honestly don't remember a scene like that in NT. Touma is rather popular in Japan (and Touma/Mikoto is definitely the biggest ship on Index) so I doubt that suddenly now a lot of people hate him. Did he gave you an example of the forums to check it out yourself? If this person only gave you his word I wouldn't trust him so easily.
Old 2013-10-27, 14:31   Link #1695
Chaos2Frozen
:)

The only thing remotely close to that is the Index and OreImo crossover.

You know, that NON-CANON story that broke the 4th wall and was written for fun?
Old 2013-10-27, 14:52   Link #1696
Goldzero

Quote:
I honestly don't remember a scene like that in NT. Touma is rather popular in Japan (and Touma/Mikoto is definitely the biggest ship on Index) so I doubt that suddenly now a lot of people hate him. Did he gave you an example of the forums to check it out yourself? If this person only gave you his word I wouldn't trust him so easily.
i agree maybe he just been into a few railgun only fan fourms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The only thing remotely close to that is the Index and OreImo crossover.

You know, that NON-CANON story that broke the 4th wall and was written for fun?
i agree i never notice any other scene in NT that stated anywhere near touma knowing bribri feelings besides admitting he respects her and considers her a friend. plus 80 to 90% of the japanase fans i seen sems to like/respect/admire kamijou and couldn't beleive the statement he put but the past three raildex poll this year kamijou didn't do well but then again neither did accelerator and a few other popular characters in the franchise.
Old 2013-10-27, 15:05   Link #1697
Miraluka
18 forever

Canon or non-canon, it just points out the most obvious facts from the novel regarding those characters.

Lets go back on topic, please.

Deal with it!
Old 2013-10-27, 15:09   Link #1698
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Canon or non-canon, it just points out the most obvious facts from the novel regarding those characters.

Lets go back on topic, please.
it is still somewhat on topic since we are still talking about kamijou.
Old 2013-11-05, 14:04   Link #1699
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

a little random,
but I like how Touma isn't notorious for being super strong or dangerous like usual characters in other fictions would be, but is instead notorious for his own personality of being saving people, screwing up plans and breaking illusions

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Old 2013-11-05, 16:58   Link #1700
the one above all

That's not completely true since there were a few magicians more that were interested in IB than Touma. Levina even told him that his only reason he was important against Gremlin is because of IB. But yeah Touma's personality is also why he is notorious.