AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Old 2010-04-19, 00:39   Link #341
tsunade666

Misaka did try to fry touma with 2 billion bolts of thunder shower when she saw Touma with Imouto when Touma should be on a date (touma thinks its just a penalty game where he should stick with biribiri) with her.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 01:38   Link #342
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I'm sure she already did it against Touma, Accelerator and the AIM burst, but just happens that none of them were injured by her. Even Mikoto herlsef was shocked when tought about this against the first two.

With Touma:
Mikoto: Why I can't get a hit! Whats wrong with this guy?
With Accelerator: She was like WTF! OMG!, etc, etc, etc.
Well, lets be honest.

What reaction would you have if you unknowingly encountered two of the most Hax powers out there?
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 02:42   Link #343
noobita

Don't you think it would be cool if Mikoto Misaka can use her Iron Sand like what Sasori from Naruto did?

"Iron Sand World"
noobita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 04:49   Link #344
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Don't you think it would be cool if Mikoto Misaka can use her Iron Sand like what Sasori from Naruto did?

"Iron Sand World"
it's cooler if she use it like Gaara utilize his sand gourd,
make a clone of him self, crush opponent body part (to inflict extreme pain), choking enemy nose thrill, create variety of weapon from sands, surround himself inside living sands, even turn to huge monster with him as the core
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 22:14   Link #345
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Mikoto just needs to be creative with her powers and throw off Accel's redirecting calculations. I think that if she had some killing intent, she would have a lot more options.
She did have killing intent when her first Imouto died in front of her.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 06:58   Link #346
surerman
Banned

something come to my mind lately, Albinolerator has awakened state as well as Kakine, it's look like all level 5 esper has it....now..if Biri-biri also awakened..what kind of destructive power will she acquired?....may be turn to Supreme Misaka?

for now...Misaka Railgun projectile reach 50m..I hope Supreme Misaka have Mugino Meltdowner ability then, shooting her railgun to opponent on the other side of the globe...without projectile at all
Old 2010-05-11, 07:38   Link #347
giorno

a common theory among fans is that only kakine and accelerator can awaken, as their powers are of divine nature...

so far, they're the only two espers who awakened, and the only two said to have the potential to reach level 6...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 09:45   Link #348
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

just to clarify, what we meant by 'divine' is that both no. 1 and 2 can bend the laws of nature. Also the reason why mikoto's railgun is limited to 50m is because she's using a small coin. And unless she can curve her shot, it's not going to reach the other side of the world...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-11, 09:58   Link #349
giorno

accelerator was described as "he who wields a piece of power that equates to God" and kakine as "he who wields a piece of heaven that is inhabited by God" and both of their powers were compared by Aiwass to the powers of Osiris and another Egyptian God[ess](IIRC Isis)
Old 2010-05-11, 13:50   Link #350
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
just to clarify, what we meant by 'divine' is that both no. 1 and 2 can bend the laws of nature. Also the reason why mikoto's railgun is limited to 50m is because she's using a small coin. And unless she can curve her shot, it's not going to reach the other side of the world...
isn't Biri-biri also bend the Nature law?
I mean, to call Lightning or Thundercloud onto Touma or produce Electricity enough to blackout entire city...it's not Natural at all
Quote:
accelerator was described as "he who wields a piece of power that equates to God" and kakine as "he who wields a piece of heaven that is inhabited by God" and both of their powers were compared by Aiwass to the powers of Osiris and another Egyptian God[ess](IIRC Isis)
then Mikoto power can be compared to Zeus (Greek Mythology Gods)
ahem! female Zeus...how we call it? Zuesu-chan Gyahahahaha
Old 2010-05-11, 14:08   Link #351
giorno

well, until someone in the novels pops out and says that, her power is just a very powerful "human" power...
Old 2010-05-11, 15:23   Link #352
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
Accelerator = Osiris

Kakine = Isis

And I think Touma = Horus

I did tried some research on them and I don't know on how to connect them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
isn't Biri-biri also bend the Nature law?
I mean, to call Lightning or Thundercloud onto Touma or produce Electricity enough to blackout entire city...it's not Natural at all
She can't control the nature... I think. It's just that the power of espers here are hard to explain with the physics that I know. But if your talking about those thunderstorms it's not like she commanded the nature. She did produce those lightning bolts. I'm not sure on how to explain because I don't even know how it works. But she send a lightning bolt on the sky then it comes with a lot stronger and number to attack touma.

But if its a higher power she herself will produce it. And her signature attack. The railgun which looks like a laser beam is a linear attack. Even if its 3x the speed of sound. As long as you know it's direction it's easy to dodge and she can't fire it in rapid succession. In the test in the tokiwadai her maximum firing are 3 times.

If you compare it o mugino which just fire meltdowner like their is no tomorrow then I will pick meltdowner. But it's not like mikoto's attack is the railgun but your signature move is just as important because it's your signature move.

If you ask me I will take on the side of the magic side because that side wouldn't confuse me on stuff but this is biri biri's thread and its the science side. But really I don't understand much on how esper powers worls at all. the only thing I know is touma, accelerator, kakine and gunha are all not bounded by rules of science even if they are from the science's side.
Old 2010-05-11, 15:54   Link #353
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If you ask me I will take on the side of the magic side because that side wouldn't confuse me on stuff but this is biri biri's thread and its the science side. But really I don't understand much on how esper powers worls at all. the only thing I know is touma, accelerator, kakine and gunha are all not bounded by rules of science even if they are from the science's side.
I don't think Touma can be considered a man of science after his memory wipe and also Aleister says that Touma defies all kind of logic in this world.
Old 2010-05-11, 16:13   Link #354
tsunade666

touma isn't a man of science and magic. The power of espers can't explain imagine breaker and the nature of it doesn't belong to the magic side.

Touma is just a big question mark if you ask me.
Old 2010-05-11, 17:44   Link #355
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

to clarify yet again, bending the laws of nature refer to their power to create matters and vectors that don't exist in nature, because of that, those matters and vectors do not follow the laws of physics. No matter how powerful mikoto's lightings are, she's still playing within the laws of nature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Accelerator = Osiris
Kakine = Isis
And I think Touma = Horus

I did tried some research on them and I don't know on how to connect them at all.
Maybe it has something to do with the aeons written in the real life book of laws? But aside from accelerator, where did you hear about the other gods?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-05-11 at 17:55.
Old 2010-05-11, 17:56   Link #356
tsunade666

I heared that from the light novel thread. When discussing the vol 19. And Aiwass totally owning accel and Aiwass spoiling a bit of fun and saying "you should go to russia to cure your loli"
Old 2010-05-11, 21:27   Link #357
Miraluka
18 forever

Aiwass said about himself being a resemblance to Horus.
Old 2010-05-11, 21:57   Link #358
Marcus H.
Concealed Chuunibyou

What, with a hawk's head? o.o
Log Horizon, Strike the Blood and Tokyo Ravens from Fall 2013.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 192. Plan to watch: 31.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 01:05   Link #359
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
to clarify yet again, bending the laws of nature refer to their power to create matters and vectors that don't exist in nature, because of that, those matters and vectors do not follow the laws of physics. No matter how powerful mikoto's lightings are, she's still playing within the laws of nature.

Maybe it has something to do with the aeons written in the real life book of laws? But aside from accelerator, where did you hear about the other gods?
Eh... even Mikoto's powers are sketchy. Where does she get the energy needed to create a potential difference of 3 billion volts? If her railgun travels only at three times the speed of sound, how does it have so much destructive power?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 02:46   Link #360
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Eh... even Mikoto's powers are sketchy. Where does she get the energy needed to create a potential difference of 3 billion volts? If her railgun travels only at three times the speed of sound, how does it have so much destructive power?
Mikoto's power is to produce electricity, without effort she can generate 1 billion volts... That's why she's ranked 3rd in the entire city. Also, I'm sure 3 times the speed of sound is pretty powerful, even without a warhead.