AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-21, 22:01   Link #681
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Mikoto's going to be happy about that... and so will Kuroko.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 23:00   Link #682
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
If I'm Marie Parfacy...I mean...Aleister, I would choose clone Mikoto, too. She is the most stable of most espers. She proves her potential by reaching level 5. She also becomes a model student. Unlike most other espers, she doesn't have messed up childhood. Since she's most stable esper, her clones are less likely anti-social. With advancement of science, her future clones show the promise to surpass the original.
There's no way for one way's clone. First, his personality is that. No matter how strong he is, he's not as street smart. His chose to fight in close combat instead range attack. is not wise. If Mikoto is serious, she can move trucks to smash her opponents.
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 23:49   Link #683
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
To be fair, Accelerator's messed up childhood was purely what Academy City's dark side put him through. But more importantly, your argument that Mikoto's personality makes for better clones is flawed because clearly personality isn't a inherit trait in this case. There's nothing to suggest that an Accelerator clone wouldn't have a radical different personality.

Speculations and opinions aside, the reason why Mikoto was chosen for the project had nothing to do with personality.
__________________


Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 00:19   Link #684
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosnake View Post
Spoiler for Lol:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WANT BIRBIRI DFC. Nah just kidding but I read in some of the posts in the forum that the reason for Mikoto's undeveloped breasts is because of her power?
__________________
Traveler on Revenge / Ahelo Sigs / Saimoe Report! Signature by ganbaru
ahelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 13:12   Link #685
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
Or because she is fourteen. 2 years difference really means a lot at this age.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-23, 14:06   Link #686
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
If I'm Marie Parfacy...I mean...Aleister, I would choose clone Mikoto, too. She is the most stable of most espers. She proves her potential by reaching level 5. She also becomes a model student. Unlike most other espers, she doesn't have messed up childhood. Since she's most stable esper, her clones are less likely anti-social. With advancement of science, her future clones show the promise to surpass the original.
There's no way for one way's clone. First, his personality is that. No matter how strong he is, he's not as street smart. His chose to fight in close combat instead range attack. is not wise. If Mikoto is serious, she can move trucks to smash her opponents.
This is all so flawed. Clones don't have same personality as misaka or we would have or of tsunderes. Accelerator fights in the streets mOre in the darkside. Close combat is not really good or bad since he has the ultimate attack and defense. If accelerator was serious he'd destroy the earth or make plasma. If not him power wise then kakine would still be before her.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 16:31   Link #687
Sandinwater
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Or because she is fourteen. 2 years difference really means a lot at this age.
That would most likely be it lol, But I mean she is still really cute as of right now.
__________________
The world is not enough...
Sandinwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 09:37   Link #688
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
If I'm Marie Parfacy...I mean...Aleister, I would choose clone Mikoto, too. She is the most stable of most espers. She proves her potential by reaching level 5. She also becomes a model student. Unlike most other espers, she doesn't have messed up childhood. Since she's most stable esper, her clones are less likely anti-social. With advancement of science, her future clones show the promise to surpass the original.
There's no way for one way's clone. First, his personality is that. No matter how strong he is, he's not as street smart. His chose to fight in close combat instead range attack. is not wise. If Mikoto is serious, she can move trucks to smash her opponents.
Dude/Gal....what makes you think MOST espers have messed up childhood? Espers with messed up childhood are mostly orphans who get involved with shitty experiments but i dun think AC has more orphans than commoners...

Less likely anti-social? Look at the 10032 clones and tell me that again

The clones were made to create more Level 5s like her but they are failures and they were only Lv 2, the difference between a Lv 2 and a Lv 5 is beyond large so I dun think you should call that showing the promise to surpass the original.

First thing first, Accelerator is so hax it's impossible to recreate his ability. The best results of recreating his ability are most likely Kinuhata Saiai and Kuroyoru Umidoru, who both are only Level 4s.

Errr...Did you see how many those metal things(i forgot what they were called) were shot at Touma? It is already very safe to theorise that ranged attacks does not work on Touma. Also, Accel's ability requires touch, so doing close range is actually the best way for him to fight.

If Accel is serious, you will see a certain electromagnetic shooting star in the sky

Tell me if I made any mistakes cos i'm not that experienced in TAMnI
__________________
Level 5 in Black
IppoTsuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 09:38   Link #689
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Or because she is fourteen. 2 years difference really means a lot at this age.
I bet she still did not reach her growth spurt
__________________
Level 5 in Black
IppoTsuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 14:34   Link #690
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
It will come, it will come. I will enjoy it at this moment hehehehe *evil laugh*

The clones weren't made to surpass her but to make an 'army of level 5'. But that's only for the scientists ... I can't spoil since it's not the LN thread but weeeeellll ...
Spoiler for a bit ?:


Still there's better than me to confirm/deny what I said.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-25, 14:53   Link #691
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
The clones weren't made to surpass her but to make an 'army of level 5'. But that's only for the scientists ... I can't spoil since it's not the LN thread but weeeeellll ...
Spoiler for a bit ?:
The army of level 5 is already a scam to lure in the scientist even if Aleister can
Spoiler:

he doesn't need spoiled and troublesome kids to do his fights.

Misaka's been cloned because of her ability. It's been explained a lot of times in the LN thread but to clarify it more and being that your reading Mikoto's thread then most likely you know the railgun manga.

In the railgun manga. When the chapter about Mikoto having a clone and the radio frequency was being explain. It shows that her type or electric type can communicate with each other. Forming a strong network.

And in the railgun manga too. The network created by kiyama? (kiyama is her name right?) where unstable and went berserk. And in that network with different sets of abilities and mind are mix in. The end result was an unstable AIM burst. Even though it shows results. Like a
Spoiler:
it still unstable and shows error.

But with Mikoto's case. The network created through the sisters are only one in power and better in compatibility. Resulting in a more stable network. And that's the aim of Aleister.

Being a power electromaster and Mikoto was specially chosen because the academy city already know that
Spoiler:


Piling up all the reasons.
Spoiler:
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 05:01   Link #692
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but can someone tell me why Misaka can't refer to Touma by name. She just tells Touma "you" when speaking to him.

This reminds of me of Hikari/Kei in Special A, where Hikari can't speak Kei's given name and instead calls him by surname, because she finds out that she loves him. Is it like that with Misaka/Touma? "She can't say his name because feelings of love will overflow"?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 05:48   Link #693
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, but can someone tell me why Misaka can't refer to Touma by name. She just tells Touma "you" when speaking to him.

This reminds of me of Hikari/Kei in Special A, where Hikari can't speak Kei's given name and instead calls him by surname, because she finds out that she loves him. Is it like that with Misaka/Touma? "She can't say his name because feelings of love will overflow"?
There probably isn't any reason beyond [Tsundere]. It's just her thing.
__________________


Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 05:51   Link #694
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
I think we will know about this in the future, no?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 06:54   Link #695
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I think we will know about this in the future, no?
well there is no real reason to it so don't dig much into it. It's just a typical tsundere behavior and that's all.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 10:42   Link #696
Chaos2Frozen
Face of a Guilty Adult
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
Because 'Anta!' is just a step away from 'Anata'.
__________________


Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 14:36   Link #697
Sandinwater
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 18
Is it just me or does it seem like Mikoto is becoming more of the main Heroine?
__________________
The world is not enough...
Sandinwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 14:59   Link #698
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
she is indeed the main heroine for the science side while index for the magic side.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 17:28   Link #699
giorno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
meh, i wouldn't call her science side heroine when she hasn't even been involved in the science side parts of the story since volume 13...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 19:16   Link #700
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
meh, i wouldn't call her science side heroine when she hasn't even been involved in the science side parts of the story since volume 13...
How bout toumas woman in the science side?
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.