AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2011-08-16, 01:37   Link #821
Flere821
Lurker

Bakatsuki has done up to Ch6 for Railgun SS2... and Mikoto doesn't have incredible mind-altering powers thus far >.>

I have no idea where anyone got that idea from, to be honest.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 01:43   Link #822
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Bakatsuki has done up to Ch6 for Railgun SS2... and Mikoto doesn't have incredible mind-altering powers thus far >.>

I have no idea where anyone got that idea from, to be honest.
I assume they're thinking of the electromagnetic field produced by the brain- it is technically data, and it is pretty much electricity.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 11:05   Link #823
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I am happy to see someone share my view that the pedo priest (yeah yeah I know he isn't) is complety useless.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 16:50   Link #824
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
I am happy to see someone share my view that the pedo priest (yeah yeah I know he isn't) is complety useless.
For the record, I didn't say he was completely useless- it's wrong to judge a character solely on the merits of their fighting prowess, what I said was I can't accept him suddenly as 'elite' status just because of a one-off that may or may not be a fluke while he had a long streak of unsuccessful results.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-08-16 at 23:12. Reason: Saimoe discussion is off-topic here.
Old 2011-08-16, 23:27   Link #825
CrowKenobi

This is just a reminder, that according to the first post in each saimoe thread, saimoe discussion is limited to those threads only, and as such, the off-topic discussion here has been deleted. Please don't let it happen again.

Thank you.

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 22:30   Link #826
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Guys. My friend doesn't believe me so I'll ask another source.

Is Misaka a loli?
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 22:36   Link #827
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Hmm I've only just started watching this show but I don't believe she is.

I can't give much in the way of an explanation but I've only seen up to episode thirteen of S1.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 22:41   Link #828
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

If you count Index as a loli, then Misaka is as well and pretty much most of the Railgun girls since they're all the same build plus minus 10 cm.
Old 2011-09-10, 23:09   Link #829
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Why people like loli's....??????
Old 2011-09-11, 01:24   Link #830
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Guys. My friend doesn't believe me so I'll ask another source.

Is Misaka a loli?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If you count Index as a loli, then Misaka is as well and pretty much most of the Railgun girls since they're all the same build plus minus 10 cm.
I don't consider Mikoto a loli... In my point of view, lolis are those that look like kids and even those that look like kids with breast would be lolis (like Popura from Working!!) and yeah, I'm including "fake-lolis" (what a stupid word btw) ... Mikoto looks like a teen (albeit, early teens.)

Additionally, although this doesn't have anything to do with being a loli, Mikoto acts like a teen while Index acts like a kid. The latter is the type of character that I find icky to pair with non-shota guys (it reminds me of Honey and Clover, great anime, but somehow offensive.)
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 01:38   Link #831
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Additionally, although this doesn't have anything to do with being a loli, Mikoto acts like a teen while Index acts like a kid. The latter is the type of character that I find icky to pair with non-shota guys (it reminds me of Honey and Clover, great anime, but somehow offensive.)

Arguable; people tend to forget that when the situation calls for it, Index can be serious business. At the same time, depending on the circumstances, Mikoto has her childish streaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed_Seinaru_Migi View Post
Why people like loli's....??????
... >.>
Old 2011-09-11, 02:08   Link #832
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Arguable; people tend to forget that when the situation calls for it, Index can be serious business. At the same time, depending on the circumstances, Mikoto has her childish streaks.

... >.>
LOL no need to answer my question i also like Loli's....about Mikoto has childish side i just realised after see some youtube video about Touma and Mikoto....i hate to admit it she really have soft and especially Tsundere side...never see Index have that....side
Old 2011-09-11, 08:36   Link #833
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I don't consider Mikoto a loli... In my point of view, lolis are those that look like kids and even those that look like kids with breast would be lolis (like Popura from Working!!) and yeah, I'm including "fake-lolis" (what a stupid word btw) ... Mikoto looks like a teen (albeit, early teens.)

The closest I can come up with that word is "Pettanko", teenage girls as flat as the ironing board. As such, they are prone to A-Cup Angst.

Misaka does have some figure, though, and she isn't definitely flat as the ironing board. Touma's cousin trapped in her body, anyone? If there's someone who is, it's Kuroko. Remember that notorious lingerie she sports on?

It's just that:

1. Her Tokiwadai uniform looks rather loose on her, so her assets are pretty much hidden by the loose clothing. Her figure stands out better when she's wearing her gym shirt. Too bad we haven't seen her wear clothes other than her uniform and pajamas, though.

2. Okay, let's face it, if you're head over heels on a certain spiky-haired guy, you just can't help but get insecure about your assets, especially if you're on the short end of the Female Endowment Lottery.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-09-11 at 08:50.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 19:49   Link #834
Flere821
Lurker

Personally, I'd say Mikoto's a pettanko at most; loli would suggest being flat-chested AND being short/small in height.

I'd call Tsukuyomi Komoe a loli, for example - age doesn't factor into my definition, just body size.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 19:54   Link #835
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Mikoto would be somewhat in the middle:

Too flat to be sexy
Too mature to be cute.
So she's just plain beautiful.
Old 2011-09-11, 22:11   Link #836
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
Aluminum isn't a ferromagnetic material. She can't do anything about it. What exactly are you talking about here?
Well my understanding of physics says your wrong on that. Aluminum does not normally respond to an outside magnetic field. Perhaps if Misaka's powers were closer in nature to what Magneto's powers are, then it would be a big problem for her.

But her power deals with electromagnetism and not just magnetism on it's own.

In this case, she can conduct electricity through the Aluminum and thus as a result the metal becomes magnetic regardless of whether or not it's ferromagnetic. (last time I checked Aluminum is a conductor and that's the main requirement) She can then alternate the polarity of all the pieces or have them all have the same polority and then produce a secondary electromagnetic field to interact with the now magnetic metal. This would most likely produce the same result had the metal been made of iron or steel. It may take more calculation to achieve this though so it may be more difficult compared to other metals, but in the end it's not impossible for her.
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 22:15   Link #837
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Mikoto would be somewhat in the middle:

Too flat to be sexy
Too mature to be cute.
So she's just plain beautiful.
She can't be beautiful.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 22:35   Link #838
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
Well my understanding of physics says your wrong on that. Aluminum does not normally respond to an outside magnetic field. Perhaps if Misaka's powers were closer in nature to what Magneto's powers are, then it would be a big problem for her.

But her power deals with electromagnetism and not just magnetism on it's own.

In this case, she can conduct electricity through the Aluminum and thus as a result the metal becomes magnetic regardless of whether or not it's ferromagnetic. (last time I checked Aluminum is a conductor and that's the main requirement) She can then alternate the polarity of all the pieces or have them all have the same polority and then produce a secondary electromagnetic field to interact with the now magnetic metal. This would most likely produce the same result had the metal been made of iron or steel. It may take more calculation to achieve this though so it may be more difficult compared to other metals, but in the end it's not impossible for her.
But then, Touma had to come to her rescue because AFAIK she had a hard time beating Graviton when he could have easily been on the short end of a potential Curb-Stomp Battle.
Old 2011-09-11, 22:37   Link #839
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
If so, then her battle with Graviton was supposed to be a Curb-Stomp Battle in her favor. Instead, Touma had to come to her rescue because AFAIK she had a hard time beating Graviton.
...Huh? Seriously?

She dropped her coin equals had a hard time?
Old 2011-09-11, 22:41   Link #840
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author

But in the end, it was Touma who saved the day, though. Or so I think.