AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 67 60.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 22.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 10.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.31%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-02, 15:53   Link #181
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Then maybe it's time for me to sulk in a corner and just root w/ the RyuujixMinorin thing. Oh wait, that couple doesn't even stand a chance to being with. Oh well. Taiga ain't that bad. But Ami is just more......interesting.

Translation, Ami is better looking and sexier.

Her and taiga are not that different. They are both very lonely individuals and feel that no one will like their true selves. They just deal with it differently. Taiga lashes out, Ami made up a fake nice personality because she believes that is the only way people will like her. I find them both interesting. As I said earlier. If Ami doesn't find a way to convince Ryuuji she is serious about him, he will never see her as more than a friend.
Old 2008-12-02, 17:12   Link #182
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post

Her and taiga are not that different. They are both very lonely individuals and feel that no one will like their true selves. They just deal with it differently. Taiga lashes out, Ami made up a fake nice personality because she believes that is the only way people will like her. I find them both interesting. As I said earlier. If Ami doesn't find a way to convince Ryuuji she is serious about him, he will never see her as more than a friend.
Lol. But Taiga is fairly sexy in her own way. I finally realized that that feet on the back thing had sexual undertones. Duuh. To say nothing of getting him to put breast-pads in her swimsuit, and to physically slip one in. These are not things she realizes, but they express her physical feelings anyway.

As for their personalities, I think Ami hides herself behind a fake nice personality, but there is a nasty personality in between. Taiga just goes as far as nasty, so the real her is closer to the surface, just one level down. We're seeing the good inner Taiga coming to the surface. I think the good inner Ami will get there soon, with Ryuuji's help. He is also helping Minorin to break through the manic surface she has made. Go, dragon man (Ryuu=dragon).
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Old 2008-12-02, 17:35   Link #183
Liddo-kun
Come on everyone

Send a message via MSN to Liddo-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for their personalities, I think Ami hides herself behind a fake nice personality, but there is a nasty personality in between. Taiga just goes as far as nasty, so the real her is closer to the surface, just one level down. We're seeing the good inner Taiga coming to the surface. I think the good inner Ami will get there soon, with Ryuuji's help. He is also helping Minorin to break through the manic surface she has made. Go, dragon man (Ryuu=dragon).
I agree with what you said about Taiga and Ami but I have to disagree a little that Ryuuji is helping Minori break through her "manic surface". Based on the episodes I've already seen, Minori is more in control of her feelings than Taiga and Ami. She just don't want to show her real feelings yet because she's still waiting for the right time to do it.

All my speculation about Minori is based on episode 9 (espescially on the conversation about ghosts on the later part of the episode).
I haven't read the novel.
Old 2008-12-02, 17:36   Link #184
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Taiga is very attractive in a delicate featured way and she even has a fanclub of admirers (though they admire while cowering in the shadows from her). Minorin is quite curvy but so wacky it gets lost in the confetti. Its unclear that anyone besides Ryuuji is desirous of her. Ami is pretty.... but the pretty is actually kind of buried under the facades (and makeup). The model facade and the personality with it is really a serious turn off to some.
Old 2008-12-02, 17:52   Link #185
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
a really serious turn-off to anyone who dislikes superficial people. I think kitamura is right to want to bring out her own personality. Se is not bad, just a bit misguided, I think. But regardless. She will remain comic relief until Ryuuji sees how serious she is. She will not be a serious contender for his heart until that point.

As for the sexual undertones to the foot-rubbing, I really did not see that. I saw Taiga expressing her affection for Ryuuji in the only way she knows how. Physical expressions of affection are not always sexual in nature.
Old 2008-12-02, 22:00   Link #186
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Really, it's all about Minorin for me when it comes to this series. Taiga is a retread, just not especially likable or admirable. I've detested Ami for the most part up to this point, though I must admit her coquettishness was somehow more appealing in this ep - it had a sardonic edge to it that I liked. But in addition to being adorable, Minorin has an irresistible vulnerability below her manic surface that knocks me flat. I know she and Takasu can't possibly end up together so I'm bound to be disappointed by the time this all plays out, but what the hell - it's not a bad ride.
Old 2008-12-02, 22:32   Link #187
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

(shrug) I'll dispute that Taiga is a "retread" just as I object to any of the other characters being pigeonholed. But that's a subjective discussion.
Each and every character in this series has multiple character flaws that deviate from the standard and makes them interesting. I think that flows from the source material even though the anime has made some simplifications.
Old 2008-12-02, 22:43   Link #188
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Things will come to a head sooner or later, but even right now I start to perceive Minori understand the true and kind nature of Ryuuji.

I'm rooting for Ami right now because I don't know how she's going to impart her feelings to Ryuuji without him passing it off as merely another vituperation from her part. Ever since the sixth episode I'm sure he has moved her; the only problem (as I've mentioned time and time again) is that she has to let Ryuuji know that she really isn't joking and that she likes him despite his looks and despite everything else. Otherwise, she'll never have a chance because to Ryuuji she would never want him in the first place.

Can someone at least spoil me, whether in PM or otherwise, if that moment comes? At least I could hope for something. I'm not hoping for them to end up together: I'm hoping that she finally breaks out of that shell of hers, because it's what's going to make her a complete person and also what will increase her attractiveness.
Old 2008-12-02, 23:58   Link #189
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

In all .... We discussed more about Ami and Mirorin in this episode, it shows how great their characters developed in here. Taiga seems to realized what the dream was meant to her near at the end.

My 3 pick of this episode would be the following....

This was the most intimate moment between Taiga and Ryuuji. It shows that they are more involved with each other then the usual "friends". Even though Ryuuji and Taiga have thick skulls not to realized that they are truly in love with each other, subconsciously behaving more "married" couple, due to the fact how comfortable they are.

Ryuuji being brave to find out if Mirorin has a boyfriend, yet she admits that she does not have one. Metaphorically, Mirorin explain how "ghost" and "true love", is something she wants to believe but never seen it. It was a great scene showing how mature Mirorin really is as a person, and great character development on her personality.

Ami and Ryuuji has some great moments together. Still Ryuuji thinks her teasing is just to get Taiga mad, and its all play and games on Ami's behalf. Surprising, as we most agree on, Ami has some massive character development in this episode, she behaved as herself not as "Ami-chan". My personal opinion, she has grown on me and I really like her personality even though at times its twisted. Overall, it also seems she has "fallen" for Ryuuji, due to the fact her original plan to get him to fall for her, has reverse on her instead. Many great moments with her in this episode, shows how complex her character really is.

Final thought 10/10

I've laugh so much in this eposide, and even got into those intimate moments involving with the characters. This must be the most Character-Driven episode, with so much insight on all the casts, truly shows who they are as a person with complex feelings and emotions, what makes them so lovable.

The 3 most funny moments for me.

1. The shower scene

poor poor poor Ryuuji !!!

2.Boing!!!!

Boing!!!!

3. Yuusaku that nudist...

gee, what was he thinking... he he he he, just love it!!!

Overall, it will go down as one of the most entertaining episodes of the Toradora! universe.

"Me and Ryuuji just got married...!!!"
Old 2008-12-03, 02:21   Link #190
Pendevous
Yoroshiku
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Pendevous
The seaweed part when Yuusaku was naked really, really made me LOL!! I'm guessing that the others just wanna scare the hell out of both of them.

Btw, first time I actually saw Minorin making sense.
Old 2008-12-03, 05:49   Link #191
SkoolRumble4Ya

I wonder if Minorin will really fall in love with somebody in the show.
Old 2008-12-03, 07:12   Link #192
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Oh, I bet she will fall for Ryuji, before everything is settled. Won't change the fact that I'm pretty sure he'll end up with Taiga.

Old 2008-12-03, 09:07   Link #193
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oh, I bet she will fall for Ryuji, before everything is settled. Won't change the fact that I'm pretty sure he'll end up with Taiga.
Well, since Ryuuji and Taiga are not admitting their feelings for one another, Minorin seems like the type of person that will not act due to her friendship with Taiga, she has so much honor and pride. My guess Ami has a better change to step up, and admit herself towards Ryuuji, she just need to really be true to herself first then be EXTREMELY sincere towards him. If you think about it, between Mirorin and Ami, Ami has more close the distance towards Ryuuji, even though Ryuuji likes Minorin, yet their distance is still far off.

"Me and Ryuuji just got married...!!!"

Last edited by KeitaroNagato; 2008-12-03 at 09:38. Reason: typos
Old 2008-12-03, 11:04   Link #194
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

I think it's more of a question of what you stipulated earlier, about the "honor" bit. Since they both realize Taiga has intense feelings for him (I mean, it should be pretty obvious to them, at least - one knows her better than most, other than Ryuji; the other knows what it's like to hide her feelings, so she's pretty well-equipped to notice that in others, as well), they will try to back down, in spite of whatever personal feelings they may develop. That's what I'm guessing, right now.

Would actually find it interesting to be proven wrong, but I'm not really certain of it.

Old 2008-12-03, 11:58   Link #195
Baka Ronin

Oh the mysteries of the human heart. I don't pretend to understand it all, but I do know this: People don't understand themselves, generally, until its too late and the rate exceptions that do are not very good at expressing it.
Old 2008-12-03, 19:12   Link #196
aldw

Quote:
Oh the mysteries of the human heart. I don't pretend to understand it all, but I do know this: People don't understand themselves, generally, until its too late and the rate exceptions that do are not very good at expressing it.
Well, in that case might as well mechanize love then, makes things easier for everyone...
Old 2008-12-03, 19:26   Link #197
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Oh, please, no... what's the point in having pre-programmed responses to everything?

Old 2008-12-03, 21:10   Link #198
Voitan

Quote:
Hey now, her cunning is pretty damn sharp too! All that teasing and deception needs a lot of brain power to pull off right.
Old 2008-12-03, 22:59   Link #199
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oh, please, no... what's the point in having pre-programmed responses to everything?
What? You don't like eroge?

Kidding! I actually like the discussion going on right now very much. It was indeed a very, very nice episode. And -- coincidentally? -- ends right where the novel translation effort currently is.
Old 2008-12-04, 16:07   Link #200
Baka Ronin

If Ami was as smart as you make her out to be, she would find a way to make sure Ryuuji takes her advances seriously.
Closed Thread