AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-06-29, 19:39   Link #2081
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
The theory of tehre being a main culprit who makes use of the surviving adult woman as an acomplice/scape goat is the one I like the most.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 20:04   Link #2082
Tenerezza
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Just something I thought but doesn't make fully sense about battlers mom

Spoiler:
Tenerezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 20:06   Link #2083
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Spoiler for f:
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 20:11   Link #2084
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ImaginaryLand
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenerezza View Post
Just something I thought but doesn't make fully sense about battlers mom

Spoiler:
Battler is 18, not 16.
__________________

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 20:12   Link #2085
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC, NY
Age: 36
Why are people still using spoiler tags?

Oh and Battler is 18 (Though there's no red text to confirm this)
__________________
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 20:18   Link #2086
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Why are people still using spoiler tags?

Oh and Battler is 18 (Though there's no red text to confirm this)
I mostly use them since in discussion about EP 4 I don't want to spoiler people who have just come xD; Other 3 EPs I don't use.

But yes, Battler is 18. I don't feel like we need red text for this imo.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 20:19   Link #2087
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Battler is 18
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 20:28   Link #2088
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Shannon = Kanon has to explain the ep3 First Twilight where there are two corpses in separate places. The only explanation I can think of is "all the adults are lying about what they found where," but I'm not even sure Battler didn't go and see the bodies. In any event, that would seem to dispense with the theory altogether.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 20:36   Link #2089
Mikachiru
test
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Shannon = Kanon has to explain the ep3 First Twilight where there are two corpses in separate places. The only explanation I can think of is "all the adults are lying about what they found where," but I'm not even sure Battler didn't go and see the bodies. In any event, that would seem to dispense with the theory altogether.

Then there would be 16 people, not 17...What's next? Genji=Gohda? Kinzo=Natsuhi? Mackerels=Beatrice?
__________________
Mikachiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 20:36   Link #2090
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sea of Fragments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Shannon = Kanon has to explain the ep3 First Twilight where there are two corpses in separate places. The only explanation I can think of is "all the adults are lying about what they found where," but I'm not even sure Battler didn't go and see the bodies. In any event, that would seem to dispense with the theory altogether.
Summarizing my earlier post:

The corpse that was identified as Shannon's in Episode 1 is not in fact Shannon's, but a double prepared to fake her death. Therefore, in Episode 3, this corpse and Shannon/Kanon's real corpse could account for both crime scenes. Episode 3 is the only Episode in which Shannon's death is confirmed in red.
LyricalAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 20:52   Link #2091
Mikachiru
test
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Summarizing my earlier post:

The corpse that was identified as Shannon's in Episode 1 is not in fact Shannon's, but a double prepared to fake her death. Therefore, in Episode 3, this corpse and Shannon/Kanon's real corpse could account for both crime scenes. Episode 3 is the only Episode in which Shannon's death is confirmed in red.
I thought double body tricks don't exist, or something...(wrong Ep?)
__________________
Mikachiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 20:59   Link #2092
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
Then there would be 16 people, not 17...What's next? Genji=Gohda? Kinzo=Natsuhi? Mackerels=Beatrice?
The last has been said already.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 21:02   Link #2093
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sea of Fragments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
I thought double body tricks don't exist, or something...(wrong Ep?)
That was only stated for "corpses with unknown identities". The corpse of "Shannon" was identified as Shannon since only half the face was smashed, so it may not fall under that definition.

If Shannon is captured under this definition, then either Eva is the staker and faked her death (doubtful) or there must be a supernatural entity on the island, because at the 9th twilight there would be no women left to pose as Beatrice.
LyricalAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 21:23   Link #2094
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a certain tropical island
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Summarizing my earlier post:

The corpse that was identified as Shannon's in Episode 1 is not in fact Shannon's, but a double prepared to fake her death. Therefore, in Episode 3, this corpse and Shannon/Kanon's real corpse could account for both crime scenes. Episode 3 is the only Episode in which Shannon's death is confirmed in red.
Regarding the unidentified corpses, all of their identities are guaranteed. Therefore, no body double tricks exist!
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 21:23   Link #2095
kaitwospirit
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
One guess I have about about Kanon:
Spoiler for Kanon:


Doesn't explain everything (like why Jessica wouldn't notice) but it's my current working theory.
kaitwospirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 21:27   Link #2096
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dodging spoilers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Regarding the unidentified corpses, all of their identities are guaranteed. Therefore, no body double tricks exist!
Shannon's was an identified corpse due to only half the face being smashed. I think the second statement only applies to the unidentified corpses.

"Therefore, no body double tricks exist, in terms of those corpses which were unidentifiable."

Phrasing it like this kind of twists the red text, but I think the semantics allow for a loop hole.
Freelii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 21:27   Link #2097
Mikachiru
test
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitwospirit View Post
One guess I have about about Kanon:
Spoiler for Kanon:


Doesn't explain everything (like why Jessica wouldn't notice) but it's my current working theory.
Spoiler for Response:
__________________
Mikachiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 21:30   Link #2098
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a certain tropical island
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitwospirit View Post
One guess I have about about Kanon:
Spoiler for Kanon:


Doesn't explain everything (like why Jessica wouldn't notice) but it's my current working theory.
We have a similar theory, as I posted this before. The greatest obstacle for this theory are these two.

They definitely would not mistake any different person for Kanon!.
The only one who can claim Kanon's name is the person himself!


As of now, I can probably say this.

There is more than 1 person named Kanon. This doesn't violate the declaration in red that no one can claim Kanon's name aside from the person himself. Another person named Kanon existed before the game, and this Kanon was killed in the room which is now Jessica's.

The remaining problem is how to beat the 1st red text.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 21:40   Link #2099
Squirrellord
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Send a message via MSN to Squirrellord
twins......
__________________
Squirrellord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 21:44   Link #2100
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In a certain tropical island
Age: 29
Should have said "aside from identical twins".
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.