AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-05, 14:25   Link #3561
rogerpepitone
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
A problem with staying on the island: Without Kawabata running trips, where will the person get food / heating oil? It's unlikely that there was a 12-year supply on the island.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 17:32   Link #3562
Sute443
Sasaki-ist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Devil's Proof for my theory. Can't prove it's real, but there's no way this can be denied. I see it as the only way of Battler to die being everyone dead at that point in the game. Unless he was killed by his favourite "Trap X" he abused using against Beato.
Don't be so sure about everyone else being dead at that point. I think they left a pretty big loophole for one of the others to be alive. I'm not fond of it, but I think it exists.

Spoiler for loophole:
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 18:08   Link #3563
Workworkwork
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: a better place than here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
It could be referring to either of the two then. This other "Ushiromiya Battler" is, in my eyes, a big hint. Since they used the red truth to deny the fact that meta-Battler was born from Asumu, it can't be such a thing as Battler having split personality or something like that. They are two individuals called Ushiromiya Battler. And it's easy to imaginea Rudolf plotting to take the head of the familiy from Krauss. None of the three siblings liked Krauss to begin with. Eva tried to take the head using her son who was born before Jessica. Rosa is a wimp but if she could have the guts she would do the same.

Devil's Proof for my theory. Can't prove it's real, but there's no way this can be denied. I see it as the only way of Battler to die being everyone dead at that point in the game. Unless he was killed by his favourite "Trap X" he abused using against Beato.

Just as an another question, Who was the one who saved Ange from Kasumi in the world of 1998? The stakes materializing to serve the new witch was nice and all, but at this point I think nobody swallows that story. Amakusa was in the shore so he couldn't have helped her, and if he had followed her ignoring her orders, he probably wouldn't have waited until she was half dead from the beating. But what about if the culprit stayed on the island after all this time? If you think about it, Rokkenjima was a perfect place to hide, due to it's mystique. Nobody would go there, because everyone is afraid of the witch. It's enough to hide during a brief period of time to make the police stop searching and then you have an island with two mansions all to yourself. If someone see lights turned on they would believe it was the witch.

Maybe, just maybe "Beatrice" is living there now that nobody would bother her. Nor the annoying Kinzo, nor his obnoxious descendants. But if even a tiny bit of that Marriage Sorciere stuff was true and Ange was added through Maria, it would explain why this "Beatrice" would like to save her. If my theory of Battler having someone who shares his name and who is also Kinzo's grandson, then it would be even better. He would save Ange because she is his last living relative. The guns weren't found right? and we all know how easy was to them to pierce people's heads or intestines, or whatever.

About EP 4 Rosa is the BEST MOM EVER. The scene when she destroyed Sakutaro proved that.
But seriously... If only being chased by a pack of buttler goats make you admit that you're a bad mother, then you truly are a bad mom.

Spoiler for About Juuza:
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 18:09   Link #3564
rogerpepitone
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Spoiler for That loophole:
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 18:33   Link #3565
Isekaijin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
A problem with staying on the island: Without Kawabata running trips, where will the person get food / heating oil? It's unlikely that there was a 12-year supply on the island.
Let's suppose that person found the gold. It would have been easy to think that he somehow sneaked in one of the boats that came to the island to investigate, Police, press, even the Witch Hunt maniacs. With so much gold it would be easy to shut their mouths, go to land, buy a ship and food and return to the island hiding the boat in the hidden landing place the captain talked about. And don't forget. Rokkenjima had electricity. I never saw them with candles or something like that. And above all, Kinzo lives there. It's my guess that they have a private mini power plant or something like that which provides them with energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Don't be so sure about everyone else being dead at that point. I think they left a pretty big loophole for one of the others to be alive. I'm not fond of it, but I think it exists.

Spoiler for loophole:
Battler already tried that. I will kill that reasoning with the red truth.

The only one who can claim Kanon's name is the person himself!
A different person cannot claim his name!


I don't think that would change between games.

Even more, Beato did say:
The only one alive on this island is you.
If Kanon was alive then that would screw the red truth. He is alone, unless someone who counts as "himself" was there with him.

The idea came to me when I remembered an old anime from 1981 which had an episode with a similar plot. Lecherous guy and his friends locked in a strange mansion in an island. Everyone dying one after another according to the lyrics of a song, being the guy the last survivor. He went to face the last verse of the song and when he pointed his gun to the "culprit" he found himself. Boy, that really shocked me but gave me that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
Spoiler for About Juuza:
Can't deny that. But Ange or someone would have noticed. Amakusa wasn't familiar with the terrain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Spoiler for That loophole:
If what Wikipedia said was true, then false. Sorry but I don't know the guy

I won't accept that someone among the 17 was a murderer. Maybe Eva, but if EP 3 was indeed Trolling Extraordinaire, the Eva who killed Battler might also be a lie. Whether it's Beato making his family look innocent to him or something else, I can't believe one of them is actually the culprit. Rosa is a nasty piece of work, but very, very, veeery deep in her heart I know she loves Maria. .
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 18:33   Link #3566
Sute443
Sasaki-ist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
Spoiler for That loophole:
Spoiler for Reply:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Battler already tried that. I will kill that reasoning with the red truth.

The only one who can claim Kanon's name is the person himself!
A different person cannot claim his name!


I don't think that would change between games.
Irrelevant. That was claiming that someone else could claim Kanon's title in response to Kanon appearing in the kitchen after being killed in Episode 2. Nothing about Kanon's ability to cast off his title was ever stated. In case there was a miscommunication, I was not saying he gave it to someone else, but rather that he "killed" the part of himself that was a servant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Even more, Beato did say:
The only one alive on this island is you.
If Kanon was alive then that would screw the red truth. He is alone, unless someone who counts as "himself" was there with him.
Take note of the "on this island." It is possible that the killer found a way to temporarily leave the island and then returned to kill Battler.

Last edited by Sute443; 2009-10-05 at 18:42. Reason: reply to Isekaijin
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 19:13   Link #3567
Isekaijin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Spoiler for Reply:




Irrelevant. That was claiming that someone else could claim Kanon's title in response to Kanon appearing in the kitchen after being killed in Episode 2. Nothing about Kanon's ability to cast off his title was ever stated. In case there was a miscommunication, I was not saying he gave it to someone else, but rather that he "killed" the part of himself that was a servant.



Take note of the "on this island." It is possible that the killer found a way to temporarily leave the island and then returned to kill Battler.
Illustrative. Twisted logic at it's finest. I learned a lot today.

You forgot that Beato also said Nothing outside the island can interfere. If what you say is true and Kanon killed Battler for whatever reasons, the moment he stepped out of the island he became unable to interfere with Battler's death, and if he was indeed on the island it would count as two people being on the island. Of course the most important thing here is the time of death of Battler, supossing he was really killed. If Battler "the piece" left the board after stabbing Beato with blue, then Kanon shouldn't have had enough time to kill him. I mean, if he truly left the island.

And also the witch said In short, he was the 9th victim. If he truly killed his furniture complex, then why the word "victim"? Stating that he was the 9th victim only two things come to my mind.

1.- Everyone dead in the first twilight plus Jessica and George gave up their own names and "killed themselves as Ushiromiyas" Ridiculous, having seen the corpses.

2.- Everyone died. Also Kanon.

And the fact that Kanon threw away his own name is... another Devil's Proof, dammit.

Jessica, you'd better thank me, I'm racking my brains here to defend your furniture of a boyfriend.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 20:03   Link #3568
Sute443
Sasaki-ist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
You forgot that Beato also said Nothing outside the island can interfere. If what you say is true and Kanon killed Battler for whatever reasons, the moment he stepped out of the island he became unable to interfere with Battler's death, and if he was indeed on the island it would count as two people being on the island. Of course the most important thing here is the time of death of Battler, supossing he was really killed. If Battler "the piece" left the board after stabbing Beato with blue, then Kanon shouldn't have had enough time to kill him. I mean, if he truly left the island.
You're right, I did forget that she said that. Well, um... Kanon was neither on the island nor outside it! There is a way he could be "off" the island in the sense that he didn't have a foot set on the ground, but still within the boundaries of the island! He was up a tree! ... What? It worked to hide baby Zeus from his father.

Wait, I don't remember, did we get confirmation in red that Battler died? If we didn't, then there's no need at all for Kanon to have killed Battler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
And also the witch said In short, he was the 9th victim. If he truly killed his furniture complex, then why the word "victim"?
Shannon recommended to Kanon that he create a second self that he could truly like while preserving his servant self for when he was working on the island. If he was able to differentiate the two of him well enough then it's conceivable that Beatrice could twist it into the "Furniture Kanon" being a victim.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 20:13   Link #3569
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
He is alone, unless someone who counts as "himself" was there with him.
This is a preposterous logic. Just because there's someone with the same name and surname it doesn't count as himself. If that X Battler counted as Battler and facts could apply to both of them simultaneously then nothing could prevent Battler to say "I was born from Asumu Ushiromiya". It is clear those two Battlers are separate entities.

As you said

No one from outside the island can interfere
You are alone on this island
You are the only one alive on this island
I am not you
I will kill you


Mind the last sentence. Beatrice kills Battler, no one else but Beatrice.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 20:21   Link #3570
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
....the dead kill Battler?

(....small bombs is wrong...it was a normal unexploded bomb from the Second World War...struck by lightning...next to Battler....)

....rrrrriiight.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 20:32   Link #3571
Isekaijin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
That's the same as accepting that witches exist! What you're saying is that Battler is completely alone in that island, If that were true in the whole sense of the word, nobody could have killed him! We could suppose that Beato did kill him, but isn't that the same as accepting all that crazy magical stuff that had been happening until now?

I'll add something Beato didn't say even for a while that she, the witch Beatrice was about to kill him. She was speaking as the representation of the true murderer of Rokkenjima. She only said "I" "I" is the Golden Witch Beatrice's true form, not the witch herself. But how would she kill him if he was all alone?

And then he went missing Since she assured him in red that she would kill him we can't doubt his status, when the seagulls cry on the morning of October the 6th Ushiromiya Battler is dead... what a coincidence, it's tomorrow...

My first blue. It felt really great.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 20:42   Link #3572
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: カケラの海
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
i wonder, was suicide ever denied?
he could've remembered his sin and kill himself because of it. or suddenly get paranoid about the killer still beeing there and kill himself out of fear. or just get depressed about beeing the only one alive and kill himself. or about his angsty past, if he had one. if it was Beatrice who made him do it it may still count as her killing her? a half assed explanation, but it's possible.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
The fact that the "Ushiromiya Battler" Beato was fighting with was not the same "Ushiromiya Battler" she was expecting him to be.
it's not a "fact", she wanted to find a way out of the game as quickly as possible, and she clearly manipulated the truth to get that result, and possibly made some stuff up. you can't be sure which part of what she said is real. it would explain why it was such a shock/dissapointment/HowDoICallIt for her, but it could as well be the sole fact of him not remembering the sin. it's also possible that she really thought that, but she was wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
-The last showdown between Batter and Beatrice was a little one-sided. Yes he was enraged by ANGE's gruesome death. But some of his arguments were way too stupid. The "little bombs" in the food he used to explain the chapel murder in EP2 was too... unrealistic. And that doesn't explain the fact that the victims were filled with sweets. Unless is it something like "high tech sweets-teleporting miniaturized bomb that nobody can feel or taste until it's too late". Hell, even magic is easier to believe than that! And the fact that Beato didn't even try to answer that... just pisses me off.
it was supposed to be one-sided, Beato basically made him win. Battler said it himself, it wasn't really him winning, it was her giving up.
but i agree, it was annoying.



Quote:
The idea came to me when I remembered an old anime from 1981 which had an episode with a similar plot. Lecherous guy and his friends locked in a strange mansion in an island. Everyone dying one after another according to the lyrics of a song, being the guy the last survivor. He went to face the last verse of the song and when he pointed his gun to the "culprit" he found himself. Boy, that really shocked me but gave me that idea.
what anime was that btw?
desirebluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 21:17   Link #3573
Ssol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
....the dead kill Battler?

(....small bombs is wrong...it was a normal unexploded bomb from the Second World War...struck by lightning...next to Battler....)

....rrrrriiight.
Ahh, good one. Beatrice's corpse fell out of a tree and killled Battler!

Seriously, that riddle is confusing and there must be a play in words involved.
__________________
[...]
Ssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 21:21   Link #3574
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Ahh, good one. Beatrice's corpse fell out of a tree and killled Battler!

Seriously, that riddle is confusing and there must be a play in words involved.
Well it has been mentioned that Beato used 'watashi' instead of 'warawa'. Warawa is normally referencing as a higher being, sometimes myth character, but Watashi is considered a neutral phrase used by adults (Eva was complaining in her flashback about Krauss using 'watashi' instead of 'ore' in EP 3 I remember)
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 21:26   Link #3575
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
I wouldn't be surprised if Maria used "ore"...half of Hocchan's characters use it.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 21:39   Link #3576
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Maria used "ore"...half of Hocchan's characters use it.
I..honestly can't remember what she used XD Normally she referred to herself in the third person, but I think she used 'watashi' since it's a term normally used by girls as well.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 22:26   Link #3577
DentD
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Okay, I haven't finished Ep 4 yet, but I had a sudden thought that I really wanted to get some feedback on.

When Kasumi arrives at the airport on her way to Rokkenjima, she mentions the following:

"Propeller planes sure do shake...... I wouldn't want to ride one again."

I tried searching this thread but couldn't find anything regarding this. I know that this could just be a random remark, a red herring, or just a simple fact showing that Kasumi isn't used to such vehicles because of her lifestyle and status in society.

But I can't shake the feeling that it is significant.
My memory is poor, but does Kasumi actually refer to her sister by name? Or just "my sister"?

It just seems to me that there is a relation between Kasumi, Asumu (similar name?) and Battler, given their aversion to shaky vehicle rides.
DentD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 22:31   Link #3578
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentD View Post
Okay, I haven't finished Ep 4 yet, but I had a sudden thought that I really wanted to get some feedback on.

When Kasumi arrives at the airport on her way to Rokkenjima, she mentions the following:

"Propeller planes sure do shake...... I wouldn't want to ride one again."

I tried searching this thread but couldn't find anything regarding this. I know that this could just be a random remark, a red herring, or just a simple fact showing that Kasumi isn't used to such vehicles because of her lifestyle and status in society.

But I can't shake the feeling that it is significant.
My memory is poor, but does Kasumi actually refer to her sister by name? Or just "my sister"?

It just seems to me that there is a relation between Kasumi, Asumu (similar name?) and Battler, given their aversion to shaky vehicle rides.
Kasumi refers to Kyrie normally as 'onee-san' or 'nee-san', although the former is more sarcastic since she hates Kyrie.

It could be a way to contrast between Kyrie and Kasumi though (since Kyrie doesn't seem to mind shakes or anything) or just a comment Kasumi made about the planes. It's not like everyone who mentions shakes is connected to Battler or Asumu.

If I remember right Rudolf said in the beginning of EP 4, when they were all at Nijima airport, that Asumu would complain about riding any type of vehicle that wasn't a car.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 02:08   Link #3579
sora1412
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
I finish EP4 a month ago but haven't made any theories. Anyway, help me to counter my theory if it is ridiculous ty^^

Spoiler for erk theory for EP1 revisited:
sora1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 02:30   Link #3580
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sea of Fragments
Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post
i wonder, was suicide ever denied?
he could've remembered his sin and kill himself because of it. or suddenly get paranoid about the killer still beeing there and kill himself out of fear. or just get depressed about beeing the only one alive and kill himself. or about his angsty past, if he had one. if it was Beatrice who made him do it it may still count as her killing her? a half assed explanation, but it's possible.
You are all alone on this island. And of course, I am not you. However, I am here now, and I will kill you.

In other words, there is something on the island at that exact moment, which is separate from Battler and not a human, that is directly responsible for Battler's death. That seems to rule out pretty much everything except:

1) a previously-set trap, such as a bomb
2) a natural force, such as a landslide
3) a supernatural entity
LyricalAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.