AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-02, 02:38   Link #4561
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Eh? How can it not be? Eva only survived in ep3. She clearly died in ep1 and ep2, it's even confirmed in red for ep2.
What if Ange's world isn't any of Beato's game-worlds?

Quote:
That's what I meant - he only confirmed George as dead so it would be easier to asume that it's one of the 17, rather than a "witch". But he didn't even recognize her. A wig can only get you so far.
Bear in mind he couldn't see her face due to the positioning of the lighting and their distance and the rain.

Quote:
I mean I'm not expecting Battler (the game) to give us answers to everything when there's 4 more episodes to go, but it's still something that got me wondering. The only logical explenation for me is that she was crushed by Battler not remembering his sin (and not even being the Battler she was looking for), not the hopelesness of victory.
About that...what if you've been lied to about Beato's win condition?
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 03:01   Link #4562
Sauzer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
What if Ange's world isn't any of Beato's game-worlds?
And the the two diaries are just random gibberish?.. =/ (Don't answer At this point any more hints would be spoilers. I think it's bonkers and will leave it at that for now.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Bear in mind he couldn't see her face due to the positioning of the lighting and their distance and the rain.
Still not buying it. And I don't remember it being said he couldn't see her face. If it's someone he knows, how can he look at the person and think: "Yep, I know who it is - its Beatrice the witch, someone who shouldn't exist." Could be argued that he was "mentally prepared" to meet Beatrice by the phonecall (which I actaully thought and still think made fun of how Battler used to speak "english"), but it shouldn't have been enough.

On the other hand it was Night. Without any light you won't be able to see 5cm infront of you, so I guess I need to reread just how much lightsource there actually was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
About that...what if you've been lied to about Beato's win condition?
People make a habit of lying in Umineko, eh?

Still Battler has no way of knowing any "secret" win conditions so I'm still surprised he accepted the new blue rule which, from his point of view is nothing but added pressure on him and creates "explain everything or lose" instead of "I still don't believe in witches, start another round".
__________________
Sauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 03:28   Link #4563
ALPHA-Beatrice
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
But keep in mind, up until that point it was as if Lady Beatrice was alone on the game board. The Blue Truth allows Battler to place some chess pieces on the board so to speak and to "deny" Lady Beatrice.
ALPHA-Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 03:49   Link #4564
Sauzer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA-Beatrice View Post
But keep in mind, up until that point it was as if Lady Beatrice was alone on the game board. The Blue Truth allows Battler to place some chess pieces on the board so to speak and to "deny" Lady Beatrice.
But at what cost? If you're gonna destroy a "there is 100% guarantee I cannot lose as long as I don't accept magic" to a "It is likely I will lose if I don't explain everything denying magic" there has to be a very large payoff in something else. Forcing Beatrice to use red truth is strong, but only if Battler can actaully explain it anyway. His past track record was not very impressive.

I do understand Ange's position completly though - just get it over with even if there's a chance you will lose, otherwise this will take an eternity.


Oh and could someone, please, copy-paste red truth's of eps 1-4 in spoiler tag?
GreyZone said there was a thread or something with all red truth's together, but I don't want to stumble into 5+ by accident.

Still don't understand why red truth's weren't in TIPS.
__________________
Sauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 04:18   Link #4565
Drifloon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I would recommend against relying too much on the red truth as a reasoning tool. It is extremely useful, but Umineko can't be solved without also paying close attention to the white text.

Anyway, you can find all the red truths here. It shouldn't be too hard to just avoid reading past the end of Alliance.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 04:42   Link #4566
Sauzer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
I would recommend against relying too much on the red truth as a reasoning tool. It is extremely useful, but Umineko can't be solved without also paying close attention to the white text.

Anyway, you can find all the red truths here. It shouldn't be too hard to just avoid reading past the end of Alliance.
Oh, ok, thanks! )

And yeah, I mostly just want it to make sure my theories aren't directly contradicted by red truths. Oh, how much I tried to find a loophole to pin Nanjo's murder on Jessica homicide or Eva's "accidental" shot
__________________
Sauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 11:39   Link #4567
Sauzer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Spoiler for OK, first just a bit of warm-up.:
__________________
Sauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 11:58   Link #4568
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
About Kanon killing everyone on Rokkenjima:
Ushiromiya Battler. I will now...kill you.
And right now, there is no one other than you on this island. The only one alive on this island is you. Nothing outside the island can interfere. You are all alone on this island. And of course, I am not you. Yet I am here, now, and will kill you.


No life forms other than humans have any connection to this game

So Kanon cannot be the one who kills Battler at the end, even if he really would be a different "personality". Also if you have a theory like this, you should check if there are any hints about it in the earlier episodes, or not. That applies to any other theories as well. (You don't have to rewatch them, but you can at least "think back" and possibly rewatch individual scenes again).

This also applies to "rocks falling down". Is that supported anywhere in the story? Did Battler observe anything that could lead to that conclusion? Did anyone talk about "unstable rocks" or something?
To get a proper theory for the "accident", you should try to think about it. When does it happen? What are you basing it on? What was said about rokkenjima/the guesthouse/the masion/the secret passages/the secret mansion, that could support your theory? Or do it backwards: Check what you know about the island again and from that create a theory.
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 12:10   Link #4569
Sauzer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
About Kanon killing everyone on Rokkenjima:
Ushiromiya Battler. I will now...kill you.
And right now, there is no one other than you on this island. The only one alive on this island is you. Nothing outside the island can interfere. You are all alone on this island. And of course, I am not you. Yet I am here, now, and will kill you.


No life forms other than humans have any connection to this game

So Kanon cannot be the one who kills Battler at the end, even if he really would be a different "personality". Also if you have a theory like this, you should check if there are any hints about it in the earlier episodes, or not. That applies to any other theories as well. (You don't have to rewatch them, but you can at least "think back" and possibly rewatch individual scenes again).

This also applies to "rocks falling down". Is that supported anywhere in the story? Did Battler observe anything that could lead to that conclusion? Did anyone talk about "unstable rocks" or something?
To get a proper theory for the "accident", you should try to think about it. When does it happen? What are you basing it on? What was said about rokkenjima/the guesthouse/the masion/the secret passages/the secret mansion, that could support your theory? Or do it backwards: Check what you know about the island again and from that create a theory.
Erm. When I wrote "kills everyone" I meant excluding Battler. Like kills everyone and runs off the island leaving Battler alone. My point was that it would be too easy of a theory based on asuming that red truth is twisted to the point of lying.

And as for "rocks fall, everyone dies" I did not meant it literally
Did I spend too much time on tvtropes? What I meant is just "some sort of accident beyond human control", not rocks falling out of the sky

In ep3 I thought Eva ran the bodies of the dead through a meat-grinder. And now I think that a disaster happens at 24:00 october 5 no matter what. Even if all 17 of them sat there for two days drinking tea and eating cookies.
__________________
Sauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 13:32   Link #4570
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
And the the two diaries are just random gibberish?.. =/ (Don't answer At this point any more hints would be spoilers. I think it's bonkers and will leave it at that for now.)
There's no such thing as random gibberish in a novel.

Quote:
Still not buying it. And I don't remember it being said he couldn't see her face. If it's someone he knows, how can he look at the person and think: "Yep, I know who it is - its Beatrice the witch, someone who shouldn't exist." Could be argued that he was "mentally prepared" to meet Beatrice by the phonecall (which I actaully thought and still think made fun of how Battler used to speak "english"), but it shouldn't have been enough.

On the other hand it was Night. Without any light you won't be able to see 5cm infront of you, so I guess I need to reread just how much lightsource there actually was.
The only lightsource was the porch lights directly behind her head. That would've created an effect where it was dark, he could make out her hair and some of her clothes, but her face would be the hardest part to see; especially with her umbrella. She was also on the second story in the rain. There is just no way he can see enough of her face to tell who it is.

Quote:
Still Battler has no way of knowing any "secret" win conditions so I'm still surprised he accepted the new blue rule which, from his point of view is nothing but added pressure on him and creates "explain everything or lose" instead of "I still don't believe in witches, start another round".
In fairness, that's kind of the point of their game. It's not enough to say "I don't believe", he has to PROVE. That's what their initial condition was.

Honestly, the Blue truth is extremely favorable to Battler's side because if he uses it right he can get any Red Truth he wants.

Quote:
But at what cost? If you're gonna destroy a "there is 100% guarantee I cannot lose as long as I don't accept magic" to a "It is likely I will lose if I don't explain everything denying magic" there has to be a very large payoff in something else. Forcing Beatrice to use red truth is strong, but only if Battler can actaully explain it anyway. His past track record was not very impressive.
Bear in min that Battler simply doesn't win if he doesn't explain everything. His lose condition is surrendering to the witch; all fucking up with the Blue does is cause a draw.

Spoiler for Sauzer don't read this one.:


PFFFFT oh my goddd~ XD

Quote:
Wait... crap.
She's not from the ep3 world? in ep3 world Eva comes back. Eva is still family, she's still some one, right?
Don't answer.
She's talking about her immediate family for dramatic effect, here. She never really accepted Eva as a replacement caretaker and is emphasizing that her most important family is gone.

Quote:
And doesn't that mean everyone dies? So even Eva would have to die? Doesn't that mean she couldn't escape after all? I mean sure Eva does die eventually (like all humans), but she did escape. wtf.
It can't be another mass-death surely. Something like that would be remembered no matter how long ago.
In fairness, Eva died in the EP4 world; but the point of the red is that everyone who does die can blame it on Battler somehow.

Quote:
Oh, also what the hell did Ange see in 1998 in the Captain Kawabata's house?
The PS3 adaptation makes it perfectly clear by having it in the backround image. Would you like me to spoil it? I'd consider it fair game.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 15:08   Link #4571
Sauzer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
No, don't spoil it. I asume it's explained in VN sooner or later.
And yes I'm not quoting you because I learned from my past mistake of dealing with spoiler tags. And saying "Dont read this .... MUAHAHA this is so funny, too bad you can't read this!" is too cruel.

... And wait a minute!!!

"She's talking about her immediate family for dramatic effect, here. She never really accepted Eva as a replacement caretaker and is emphasizing that her most important family is gone."

As touching as that whole scene was, really it was. BUT! She used red truth. Call me nitpicky or bullying a dying girl, but she used red truth! And in this case (if she really is ep3 Ange) she used it as "true for her" or "true from her point of view" but not the absolute truth.

Anyway.
Spoiler for Episode 1:
__________________

Last edited by Sauzer; 2013-08-02 at 15:29.
Sauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 18:13   Link #4572
ALPHA-Beatrice
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Kuwasawa can't be the culprit because

Nanjo, Genji, Kuwasawa aren't killers

Last edited by ALPHA-Beatrice; 2013-08-02 at 18:33.
ALPHA-Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 18:17   Link #4573
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
And yes I'm not quoting you because I learned from my past mistake of dealing with spoiler tags. And saying "Dont read this .... MUAHAHA this is so funny, too bad you can't read this!" is too cruel.
Just make the quote tags manually and copypaste parts into them, that's what I do.

Quote:
She's talking about her immediate family for dramatic effect, here. She never really accepted Eva as a replacement caretaker and is emphasizing that her most important family is gone."

As touching as that whole scene was, really it was. BUT! She used red truth. Call me nitpicky or bullying a dying girl, but she used red truth! And in this case (if she really is ep3 Ange) she used it as "true for her" or "true from her point of view" but not the absolute truth.
Indeed, and? The Red Truth allows for subjective truth statements, that's how Beatrice tricked Battler on the mother issue.

And also, Ange and Beatrice have both made statements with no truth value at all, like requests, crying, and laughing.

Quote:
Both were killed by another person!
It is not the case that, after the construction of the closed room, one of them committed suicide after committing murder!
Furthermore, the murder was carried out with both the victim and the perpetrator in the same room!
No method exists for the perpetrator to commit murder from outside the room!

"In the same room", but could be a different room. Eva had shoes on.
1. Hideyoshi was killed in their room, but Eva was killed in another room and then was carried back to her room.
2. Eva was about to leave her room when she was killed. Hideyoshi didn't hear that in the shower and was killed second.
Problem: The chain can only bet set from the inside, and the locations of Eva's and Hideyoshi's corpses keep them from being killed from outside the room.

Quote:
1. When Genji and Kanon arrive the culprit is inside and out of view. Once they leave the culprit opens the chain, paints the door, closes the chain again and hides under the bed untill everyone arrives and leaves after which the culprit escaped through the window and goes to the boiler room.

2. Some of the servants are involved. Either by letting the culprit escape or closing the window after the culprit left through it or killing Eva and Hideyoshi themselves. It can be [Genji, Kanon, Kumasawa], [Kanon, Kumasawa] or even just Kanon.
Noone knew wether Kumasawa was present when Kanon cut the chain. And if asked she might've been to ashamed to admit that she fell behind, and, since Kanon died soon after, there was no way to prove otherwise.
This would allow Kanon to close the window through which the culprit (even himself!) could've escaped before. ... Damn, actually this would be quite elegant.
I don't recall if this is ever addressed, but what if the windows to the room were locked from the inside? Anyway, if the killer was someone hiding under the bed and/or escaping out the window, it can only be someone faking a death, since pretty much everyone was gathered in Eva's room when they were discovered.

Quote:
And define survivors. If I think one of the 6 from garden storehouse is alive does that include him in survivors? He's clearly not dead either. And after 24:00 october 5 they all die anyway so in that sense there are no survivors.
Are the survivors just a point of view from Battler about who he thought were survivors? In that case since when do red truths deal in points of view?
If someone is not dead, they are a survivor.

Quote:
1st confirmed Culprit:
Nanjo. He knows and hides the fact that Kinzo is dead. He likely had access to Kinzo's ring to make a copy or knew it's whereabouts to copy/steal it. Nanjo rarely if ever has an alibi for anything - 1st letter, 1st twilight, 2nd twilight, 2nd letter, 3rd letter. He also has the magic power to falsly confirm someone's death. Nanjo is killed once he outlives his usefullness (which seemed to be a trend even before ep4 as he never dies in 1st twilight and always ends up killed before the end).
Wait a minute, how is Nanjo a confirmed culprit?

For the purpose of Beato's game, btw? A culprit is someone who kills. Assisting them just makes you an accomplice.

Quote:
2nd Culprit:
Kanon. or Rosa/Kyrie/Krauss/Shannon/Gohda/Rudolf

All survivors have alibis. And there are no more than 17 people on the island. Therefore one or more not-survivor is needed for the later crimes. Kanon is shown to be a wealking. Could it be an act? In all the "fantasy" moments he shows sudden "supernatural power". Even showing normal strenght would surprise people.
Battler saw most of the bodies with smashed faces, and the unidentified corpses red confirms that they're dead. Under your reasoning, only one of the six can be faking dead.

Anyway, aside from those comments I can't poke any holes in your EP1 solution yet. Two questions: "Why does everyone die at 24:00 October 5?" and "What is Kanon's motive for killing?"
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 18:18   Link #4574
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA-Beatrice View Post
Kuwasawa can't be the culprit because

The Servants are not killers.
Nanjo, Genji, and Kumasawa are not killers. Careful about how you word things, 'servants' is a label that includes more than the three of them, and which Nanjo isn't even a part of.

Aside from that, you're right. The three of them can't be killers of any kind in EP1.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 18:33   Link #4575
ALPHA-Beatrice
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Nanjo, Genji, and Kumasawa are not killers. Careful about how you word things, 'servants' is a label that includes more than the three of them, and which Nanjo isn't even a part of.

Aside from that, you're right. The three of them can't be killers of any kind in EP1.
Thankies for correction ^.^
ALPHA-Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 19:15   Link #4576
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauzer View Post
Erm. When I wrote "kills everyone" I meant excluding Battler. Like kills everyone and runs off the island leaving Battler alone. My point was that it would be too easy of a theory based on asuming that red truth is twisted to the point of lying.
"run off the island"... do you think anyone would survive going out to sea with such a storm roaring? Nah, I'll make it more easy:
Anyone who leaves the island during the storm, most certainly dies.
So in the end if it really was Kanon, then he would have to have commited suicide or die by some other means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauzer View Post
And as for "rocks fall, everyone dies" I did not meant it literally
Did I spend too much time on tvtropes? What I meant is just "some sort of accident beyond human control", not rocks falling out of the sky
The question is... WHO or WHAT caused that "accident"? Was it just a "tragical accident"? Or was it "intentional mass murder"? And WHAT exactly was the "accident" itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauzer View Post
In ep3 I thought Eva ran the bodies of the dead through a meat-grinder. And now I think that a disaster happens at 24:00 october 5 no matter what. Even if all 17 of them sat there for two days drinking tea and eating cookies.
If you think about rokkenjima and its geography, history, etc. then maybe you can find some clues to back up such theories. Though maybe you find nothing and in that case the theory would be very unlikely.

Now about your EP1 theories:
Spoiler for Wall of Text:


I don't understand why you are so pessimistic about the games. Your theories about EP1 are very well constructed and I can tell you that you are indeed making progress.



EDIT: While I wrote this, 4 new posts appeard. Well, that escalated quickly.
__________________

Last edited by GreyZone; 2013-08-02 at 19:33.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 03:05   Link #4577
Sauzer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Ooh, tag-teamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHA-Beatrice View Post
Kuwasawa can't be the culprit because

Nanjo, Genji, Kuwasawa aren't killers
Ah. I thought it only applied to the "murder in the parlor" part, not the whole ep1. Fair enough.



Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Problem: The chain can only bet set from the inside, and the locations of Eva's and Hideyoshi's corpses keep them from being killed from outside the room.
the murder was carried out with both the victim and the perpetrator in the same room!

Hideoyshi is killed in Eva's room with the culprit inside the room.
Eva is killed in the boiler room, with the culprit inside the room.
Just an example, but that's what I meant. They did not need to die inside Eva's room. Just be in the same room as the culprit at the moment of their death. It does not solve the closed room. Just creates a possibility of Eva being killed because she witnessed something, or something else.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I don't recall if this is ever addressed, but what if the windows to the room were locked from the inside? Anyway, if the killer was someone hiding under the bed and/or escaping out the window, it can only be someone faking a death, since pretty much everyone was gathered in Eva's room when they were discovered.
Here's the possibility I meant.
a. culprit kills Eva and Hideyoshi and escapes through the window, Kanon breaks the chain and closes that window before everyone else gets there.
b. Kanon kills Eva and Hideyoshi, escapes through the window, half an hour later comes with Genji and knocks on the door, Genji runs to Natsuhi while Kanon breaks the chain and closes the window before everyone else comes to the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
If someone is not dead, they are a survivor.
Hm, so anyone I "revive" as faking death get's an alibi anyway... But for Kanon's death there was added Let us include the dead as well!!
Doesn't that mean that there is a difference between "survivor" and who the people think are "dead"? Still seems like there's a loophole.

Not to mention that in case there seems to be a contradiction.
Natsuhi was killed by another person!
There are no unidentified corpses, and all of the survivors have alibis!

If someone not dead = a survivor, then there is no human on the island who can kill Natsuhi. Thus survivor has a different meaning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Wait a minute, how is Nanjo a confirmed culprit?

For the purpose of Beato's game, btw? A culprit is someone who kills. Assisting them just makes you an accomplice.
Erm, my wording was poor. I did infact mean a key accomplace. Nanjo has a lot of circumstantial evidence against him, coupled with no alibis. The motive of bribery can work of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Battler saw most of the bodies with smashed faces, and the unidentified corpses red confirms that they're dead. Under your reasoning, only one of the six can be faking dead.
I'm not sure how my reasoning denies the posibility of Kanon faking his death with help of Nanjo?

And also I thought that the "the identities of all unidentified corpses are guaranteed" just confirmed that the dead people are who they seem they are, not that they are 100% dead for certain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Anyway, aside from those comments I can't poke any holes in your EP1 solution yet. Two questions: "Why does everyone die at 24:00 October 5?" and "What is Kanon's motive for killing?"
For now I refuse to specify beyond "an event beyond human control". And even if this event is set in motion by human hands it would happen anyway unless all 17 actively tried to prevent it.
As for Kanon's motive, I also refuse to specify at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
The question is... WHO or WHAT caused that "accident"? Was it just a "tragical accident"? Or was it "intentional mass murder"? And WHAT exactly was the "accident" itself?
For the time being I refuse to specify. However I think that this "event" happens regardless of the killings on october 4-5, so for now I leave it as a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Well there is still another option: Kanon died by illness. The question though is, did Kanon have any indication of having a potentially deadly illness? And what about the stake then?
Yeah, but this is the problem. How does some one dying by natural causes ends up with a Stake. Kinzo was dead a long time ago, so whoever burned the corpse could've added the stake. Kanon was still alive. If he's about to die of ilness anyway seems pointless to stake him as well. And why would he stake himself if he's about to die of ilness?

It's the same with Jessica in ep2. She could've died from her Astma and created a locked room that way. However she ends up with a Stake in her back, which someone had to place after her death, recreating the closed room. So wether she dies from "natural" causes or not does not help solve the close room because of the added "unnatural" element.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Nanjo is at least an accomplice and possibly even a murderer.
Well it seems he get's a "red pass" on being a killer in ep1. But I didn't really think he actively killed anyone so that's ok. Though if you twist it a bit you can be labeled "murderer" legaly without actually pulling the triger yourself, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh and the reason Kanon now is a major suspect
Is because unless the culprit hides inside the room, Kanon is the one who verifies it as "sealed" both in Kanon/Genji and Kanon/Kumasawa situation. Without Kanon's involvement in any way the culprit cannot escape Eva's room while still creating a closed room. However Kumasawa's or Genji's involvement is not 100% needed.
While on the other hand if Kanon is not involved in the 2nd twilight, his death in the boiler room becomes an event greater mystery as everyone get's a "red alibi" against killing him.
__________________

Last edited by Sauzer; 2013-08-03 at 03:26.
Sauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 03:27   Link #4578
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
the murder was carried out with both the victim and the perpetrator in the same room!

Hideoyshi is killed in Eva's room with the culprit inside the room.
Eva is killed in the boiler room, with the culprit inside the room.
Just an example, but that's what I meant. They did not need to die inside Eva's room. Just be in the same room as the culprit at the moment of their death. It does not solve the closed room. Just creates a possibility of Eva being killed because she witnessed something, or something else.
This really doesn't do anything except complicate the problem, though. Either way, the culprit needs to enter the room, do something, leave the room, and leave the chain set from the outside somehow, which is impossible. Separating Eva from Hideyoshi, killing her somewhere else, and carrying her back in unnoticed just creates more work, for you and the culprit.

Quote:
Here's the possibility I meant.
a. culprit kills Eva and Hideyoshi and escapes through the window, Kanon breaks the chain and closes that window before everyone else gets there.
b. Kanon kills Eva and Hideyoshi, escapes through the window, half an hour later comes with Genji and knocks on the door, Genji runs to Natsuhi while Kanon breaks the chain and closes the window before everyone else comes to the room.
I think you can delete some steps here and make your solution more elegant; especially if you're going to accuse Kanon as the killer.

Quote:
Hm, so anyone I "revive" as faking death get's an alibi anyway... But for Kanon's death there was added Let us include the dead as well!!
Doesn't that mean that there is a difference between "survivor" and who the people think are "dead"? Still seems like there's a loophole.
Indeed. I'll leave this puzzle for you to think over.

Quote:
I'm not sure how my reasoning denies the posibility of Kanon faking his death with help of Nanjo?
It doesn't, I'm talking about the six from the First Twilight; Shannon's really the only one capable of faking, due to how the red is constructed.

Quote:
For now I refuse to specify beyond "an event beyond human control". And even if this event is set in motion by human hands it would happen anyway unless all 17 actively tried to prevent it.
As for Kanon's motive, I also refuse to specify at this time
A Mystery requires a Howdunnit, a Whodunnit, and a Whydunnit. Don't forget the heart! Did Eva-Beatrice not try and use unexplained motive to argue she controlled Kyrie with magic? Don't give the witch any footing!
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 06:26   Link #4579
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauzer View Post
Not to mention that in case there seems to be a contradiction.
Natsuhi was killed by another person!
There are no unidentified corpses, and all of the survivors have alibis!

If someone not dead = a survivor, then there is no human on the island who can kill Natsuhi. Thus survivor has a different meaning.
The first part "There are no unidentified corpses" is something glabal, however the second part "all of the survivors have alibis" only applies to Kanon's supposed "death" and has nothing to do with Natsuhi's death.
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 07:03   Link #4580
Sauzer
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
The first part "There are no unidentified corpses" is something glabal, however the second part "all of the survivors have alibis" only applies to Kanon's supposed "death" and has nothing to do with Natsuhi's death.
No, it applies to Natsuhi's death aswell.

Beatrice: Natsuhi was killed by another person! There are no unidentified corpses, and all of the survivors have alibis!
The bullet buried into Natsuhi's forehead was not fired from Natsuhi's gun!

When talking about Natsuhi's death
__________________
Sauzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.