AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-03-12, 12:21   Link #601
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The problem is i think there were exactly the same number of persons, we got Battler this time and we lose Ange. I think it is said in episode two that Gohda was used to prepare dinner for 18 persons. Unless this isn't a mistake that means that Ange was previously there.

This therefore only leaves the option that the culprit was waiting for Battler specifically.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 14:47   Link #602
Marion
The Great Dine

True, but then again you need at least 13 people. Now in past years these people were definitely around.

Spoiler for List:

So looking at the list, if we don't put in possibilities of someone not being there due to sickness (besides Battler, since he isn't there at all after 1980 til 86) then technically the culprit has enough people for the ritual just from the family + Genji, Shannon and Kanon.

Spoiler for Past episodes:

Although if this is the case, then the culprit most likely DID wait for Battler - but for what reason. All they need is 13 people for the ritual.

Also, does anyone know when this riddle appeared? I think it appeared with the giant oil painting of Beatrice a couple years before 1986, right?
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 15:55   Link #603
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
I haven't thought much on the scope of things outside the island, which I need to pick up, since there's a high probability that someone from the outside is involved.

Spoiler for Mastermind X, Episode 4, etc.:

Spoiler for Message Bottles, episode 4:

That's as far as my inferences have reached for now, hopefully I'll be able to extend it some more after rereading a few scenes.
crazysjd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-12, 17:05   Link #604
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Also, does anyone know when this riddle appeared? I think it appeared with the giant oil painting of Beatrice a couple years before 1986, right?
If i'm not mistaken it's been there for the last two years.

About Battler, yes somehow it seems like whoever is behind all this wanted him to be there. The question is: why is Ange unrelevant? If you think about it on ep1 ep2 and ep3, she always ends up being the only heir of the vast ushiromiya's wealth.

Wether the motivation is money or vengeance, why Ange is left alive? Unless everyone in the ushiromiya has some sort of crime to pay for, except Ange?

Quote:
I don't think Rosa's husband ever visited either
I asked this already but got no answer... is there a reason for thinking Maria's father is Rosa's Husband? Rosa isn't married, isn't she? ^^;;

Old 2009-03-12, 19:03   Link #605
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
But on the same note, lately I've been pondering about the lines that mixes red text with normal white text. What intrigues me is the locations of the punctuation, how some of them actually isn't part of the red text.
Spoiler for ep4:
Nice one, Rias. Looks like the Umineko 2ch thread found your post and started commenting on it, which means there's a chance that Ryuukishi will hear about it eventually.

My guess is that it's a typo, but who knows. Seeing those two you pointed out literally two lines apart but with the opposite style, it makes me wonder. Ryuukishi will probably do something if it's just a typo. Most of them (but not all) in ep2 had the punctuation outside the red, but ep3 was almost half and half.

And it's not like he hasn't had his mind on punctuation before.
When they released a performance patch for EP3 earlier, they also changed a few kanji errors, as well as this:
6つの部屋には誰も隠れていない!」 -> 6つの部屋には誰も隠れていない!

Probably doesn't mean anything, but who knows.
I guess you could argue that if he went back and changed this one, why didn't he do the same for the dozens of lines without the sentence ender in red?

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page

Last edited by chronotrig; 2009-03-12 at 19:37.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 03:13   Link #606
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Nice one, Rias. Looks like the Umineko 2ch thread found your post and started commenting on it, which means there's a chance that Ryuukishi will hear about it eventually.

My guess is that it's a typo, but who knows. Seeing those two you pointed out literally two lines apart but with the opposite style, it makes me wonder. Ryuukishi will probably do something if it's just a typo. Most of them (but not all) in ep2 had the punctuation outside the red, but ep3 was almost half and half.

And it's not like he hasn't had his mind on punctuation before.
When they released a performance patch for EP3 earlier, they also changed a few kanji errors, as well as this:
6つの部屋には誰も隠れていない!」 -> 6つの部屋には誰も隠れていない!

Probably doesn't mean anything, but who knows.
I guess you could argue that if he went back and changed this one, why didn't he do the same for the dozens of lines without the sentence ender in red?
Well it's true that Ryukishi07 has made typo here and there for ep1~4 , so I dunno if I'm over-thinking too much or perhaps actually onto something...

Speaking of Ryukishi07 reading 2ch posts...it's kinda funny. Cuz from ep2~4 we know that he's been defusing alot of theories and claims that were popular on and originated from 2ch, so we know that he's probably has been reading some of them. However, recently I've read that interview with him (and BT I think? or was it just with his brother) on dengeki online, and he totally shot down that claim of Ange x Mammon originated from 2ch
Old 2009-03-14, 05:11   Link #607
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
If i'm not mistaken it's been there for the last two years.

About Battler, yes somehow it seems like whoever is behind all this wanted him to be there. The question is: why is Ange unrelevant? If you think about it on ep1 ep2 and ep3, she always ends up being the only heir of the vast ushiromiya's wealth.

Wether the motivation is money or vengeance, why Ange is left alive? Unless everyone in the ushiromiya has some sort of crime to pay for, except Ange?

I asked this already but got no answer... is there a reason for thinking Maria's father is Rosa's Husband? Rosa isn't married, isn't she? ^^;;
According to EP4 (Rosa speaking to Maria):
Spoiler:

The guy (Maria's father) disappeared before Maria was born.
And Rosa doesn't have a husband. She just fools around with boyfriends recently. (don't know if she already had one, one day, though)
Old 2009-03-14, 10:30   Link #608
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Spoiler for year of the crimes:

Another thing that's been bothering me is the typhoon. It's not something that could be predicted well in advance, but it seems to be a crucial part of events. Is it something the killer was planning on, or did it completely frotz up the plan?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 11:00   Link #609
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Not to mention Krauss's personal boat was conveniently not availabe because it was under repair.

Spoiler for Deathbed confession:

Old 2009-03-14, 13:06   Link #610
crazysjd89

I don't think you have to look much further then Episode 1, for how a "typhoon can be predicted". Rudolph and Eva are complaining about how the family conference is always in the busy season and typhoon season.
Old 2009-03-14, 13:22   Link #611
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysjd89 View Post
I don't think you have to look much further then Episode 1, for how a "typhoon can be predicted". Rudolph and Eva are complaining about how the family conference is always in the busy season and typhoon season.
But Battler said (and everyone else agreed) that he was used to hearing the sound of the seagulls' cries when he showed up on the island. So it doesn't seem like a typhoon on the actual day of the conference has ever happened before.

It does seem to be a bit of a long shot, unless the crime was somehow planned a few hours, or at most a couple days earlier.

And about Ryuukishi's interview. He basically said that the epitaph can be solved right now, provided that we know some certain piece (or more than one) of obscure but common knowledge that hasn't been mentioned in the game. (His example being the fact that 'night' and 'knight' sound the same in English).

...And he also said it was so complicated that some members on his staff forget the details from time to time even though he told them.

Well, it's nice to know that there's at least SOME chance of figuring the riddle out.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-14, 13:23   Link #612
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Uhm and now that you mention it Jessica says that it is not unusual for her to be unable to go to school or to get back home because of bad weather. This means that such situations are not really rare.

Krauss's boat being not available is more improbable, unless it was sabotaged.

Quote:
But Battler said (and everyone else agreed) that he was used to hearing the sound of the seagulls' cries when he showed up on the island. So it doesn't seem like a typhoon on the actual day of the conference has ever happened before.
Or the whole theory behind umineko's disappearance is flawed?

Old 2009-03-14, 14:45   Link #613
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Not just that a typhoon occurs, but a typhoon occurs at such a time and place as to strand them on Rokkenjima. If Carmen had occurred a day earlier, they'd be stuck on the mainland. A day later, and they'd have been able to leave on time without incident. If Carmen had taken a different path, travel might not have been disrupted at all. Even a few days before, George only knew that his plans might be disrupted. I think the overall crime had been in planning for several months, so the killers couldn't have been depending on travel being disrupted.

Spoiler for overall construction:
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 22:01   Link #614
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Been meaning to ask, is there any KanonxJessica in Ep. 4?

XD
Ankoku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 23:21   Link #615
crazysjd89

^Yes there is. But I do not think it would be good to explain details of it, heh.
Old 2009-03-20, 18:37   Link #616
Ankoku-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ankoku-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysjd89 View Post
^Yes there is. But I do not think it would be good to explain details of it, heh.
Pleeeaase~
Ankoku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 19:39   Link #617
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoku-chan View Post
Been meaning to ask, is there any KanonxJessica in Ep. 4?

XD
I'm a lot more interested in future AngeXBattler. Go for it!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 12:10   Link #618
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Random bullshit
Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-23, 12:15   Link #619
Haruyan

I have a crazier theory for that.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-03-23, 12:16   Link #620
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyan View Post
I have a crazier theory for that.

Spoiler:
Wow...But I don't think Ryukishi would mindf*ck us to that extent

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is online now   Reply With Quote