AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-11-14, 12:09   Link #2121
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
Like that little girl who has an insane strength. if I remember it right they send her to carry the sword
Konayuki went to Sanzu Shrine after she delivered Soutou Kanazuchi to Owari, so nope, she won't show up.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 13:49   Link #2122
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 23
Okay, so there's something I still don't quite understand. Togame/Yousha was ordered to be executed by the Shogunate why again? Was it because she herself had actually defied the Shogunate or was it because of her father's rebellion? And also, regardless of the exact reason for the order, why did it take so long for it to be carried out? Where they just waiting for her to collect most of the swords first/do the dirty work for them?

And since Hitei is Kiki's descendant, we can assume she has these same fortune telling powers, right? I wonder what she has been able to predict thus far. When she was talking about "dying beautifully" towards Enmonzaemon, I know that was in regards to Kiki possessing Houou and she was sort of joking, but it's kind of interesting to think about how that possibly indirectly foreshadows what will happen in the next episode.

Two other little concerns:
- What did Kiki accomplish by possessing Houou? I don't really get what he did, if he was even particularly trying to do anything.
- I know that the name "Togame" refers to her cross-shaped eye, but why did Yousha don a fake name to begin with? To throw off the shogunate? Or... just because?
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 13:57   Link #2123
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Okay, so there's something I still don't quite understand. Togame/Yousha was ordered to be executed by the Shogunate why again? Was it because she herself had actually defied the Shogunate or was it because of her father's rebellion? And also, regardless of the exact reason for the order, why did it take so long for it to be carried out? Where they just waiting for her to collect most of the swords first/do the dirty work for them?
Either that or it took them that long to realize who she was.


Quote:
- I know that the name "Togame" refers to her cross-shaped eye, but why did Yousha don a fake name to begin with? To throw off the shogunate? Or... just because?
I think she was under the same execution order as her father. They didn't kid around with rebels.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 14:05   Link #2124
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Okay, so there's something I still don't quite understand. Togame/Yousha was ordered to be executed by the Shogunate why again? Was it because she herself had actually defied the Shogunate or was it because of her father's rebellion? And also, regardless of the exact reason for the order, why did it take so long for it to be carried out? Where they just waiting for her to collect most of the swords first/do the dirty work for them?

And since Hitei is Kiki's descendant, we can assume she has these same fortune telling powers, right? I wonder what she has been able to predict thus far. When she was talking about "dying beautifully" towards Enmonzaemon, I know that was in regards to Kiki possessing Houou and she was sort of joking, but it's kind of interesting to think about how that possibly indirectly foreshadows what will happen in the next episode.

Two other little concerns:
- What did Kiki accomplish by possessing Houou? I don't really get what he did, if he was even particularly trying to do anything.
- I know that the name "Togame" refers to her cross-shaped eye, but why did Yousha don a fake name to begin with? To throw off the shogunate? Or... just because?
The fact that her father was the leader of the rebellion meant that she had to be killed too. It's one of those "kill the tree by digging out its roots too" kind of thing. With this being said Togame had go into hiding. She donned a fake name and joined the shogunate in order to rise in power and avenge her family. Nobody knew who she was until episode 10 when Hiteihime thought something was off. Hiteihime personally didn't want their battle to end like this but she could have gotten into A LOT of trouble if someone found out that she knew the truth and didn't do anything about it.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 15:45   Link #2125
shichi-chan
Mippa~
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: America!
I think that they ordered her execution, because when (during episode 10) Emonzaemon-sama was there, listening on their conversation, about how Hida blah blah said good bye, and he was probably like "Ah shit mang" and reported to hitei-sexy. Thus giving the order of execution.

And I think why Shikizaki possessed my sexy was because he wanted to see his perfected blade.
__________________
Woah, I'm Keanu, I know Kung Fu, WOAH!
NINPOU: DANZAIEN!
shichi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 15:55   Link #2126
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
Emonzaemon-sama was there, listening on their conversation, about how Hida blah blah said good bye, and he was probably like "Ah shit mang" and reported to hitei-sexy
No names were called during final conversation with Rinne, so... Well, Emonzaemon did hear it, but still, I doubt it.
Unless Hitei sent Togame and Shichika there deliberately and Emonzaemon could see everything that they did, which again, is doubtful, because it was a personal illusion of sorts. Wait, how did he even get on that tree if that was a personal illusion? Now I am confused.

Quote:
Dialogue: 0,0:24:28.64,0:24:31.76,main,,0000,0000,0000,,The relationship between Yasuri Shichika and Hyakkeijou...
Dialogue: 0,0:24:31.76,0:24:35.46,main,,0000,0000,0000,,Or maybe it's something to do with the strategian?
Dialogue: 0,0:24:35.46,0:24:37.80,main,,0000,0000,0000,,Go find out for me.
Or... it all makes sense. Isin you clever dog.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 16:08   Link #2127
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I'm worried.

I swear to god I'm going to be a wreck (bigger then what happened with me at the end of Gurren Laggan) if what I fear comes to fruition.

God damn it.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 16:09   Link #2128
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 26
Spoiler for my take on ep 11:
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 18:04   Link #2129
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 23
Ah! Thanks Anh Minh, omimon, and shichi-chan. That clears everything up for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shichi-chan View Post
And I think why Shikizaki possessed Kismet-chan's sexy was because he wanted to see his perfected blade.
Fixed that for you. ;3
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 18:42   Link #2130
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
The fact that the people who watched the all-night showing of the last half of the series said it was good is enough to give me the confidence to believe they didn't screw it up. I just you guys don't pull a hissy fit when you see the "final" scene.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 18:51   Link #2131
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
The fact that the people who watched the all-night showing of the last half of the series said it was good is enough to give me the confidence to believe they didn't screw it up. I just you guys don't pull a hissy fit when you see the "final" scene.
Can we keep comments like this to a minimum?

Please? I mean sure I'm expecting something, but the LESS I know the better, and stuff like this is already unsettling when I'm already bothered by the end of episode 11.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 19:24   Link #2132
karuroso
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I-I can't freak believe, an entire month with that cliff-hanger D= damn... and i'm disappointed with Houo, the entire series made he seems like a more powerful person than what was showed, i think i expected to much =X

edit: Does anyone knows where can i watch the preview for the final ep? is it at the offical site?(that site is so damn slow here)

Last edited by karuroso; 2010-11-15 at 01:06.
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 20:28   Link #2133
shichi-chan
Mippa~
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: America!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post


Fixed that for you. ;3
Well then, I do say that there is enough Houou sexniess to go around.
__________________
Woah, I'm Keanu, I know Kung Fu, WOAH!
NINPOU: DANZAIEN!
shichi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 20:46   Link #2134
Kakkou
Tch.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
EMONZAEMONNNNNN!!! I knew it was coming but it still hit hard when it happened =[. Pengin's slaughter was brutal and shooting Togame like that, heh typical of that fella. He better be torn to pieces.

Well at least the Maniwani are now all together in the afterlife and underneath the dvd boxes lol. It was so nice to see and hear Koumori for a while .
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic101701_1.gif
Panel taken from here (NSFW-ish). Translation/type by some /a/non.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 21:25   Link #2135
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 24
Mother of god, Kiki KNEW EVERYTHING that was going to happen!
That's why he was laughing while Shichika pierced his heart!
__________________
Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 22:16   Link #2136
Konakaga
Yuri Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: FL, USA
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Konakaga Send a message via Skype™ to Konakaga
To start my post with my end reactions NNOOOOOOO FU..... Don't die Togame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Two other little concerns:
- What did Kiki accomplish by possessing Houou? I don't really get what he did, if he was even particularly trying to do anything.
I think he wanted to be sure the base of Kyotouryuu had to come to the perfected point by testing againist himself, and by being able to beat that style it proved to him the Kyotouryuu style had been perfected in Shichika.

Also I was left speak-less when Shikizaki revealed he looked into the future to come up with the perfected sword and seriously him actually appearing was dam shocking too, I was wondering why them showed him and the first Yasuri at the start.

Also I don't think Hitei can see the future since[to me] she seemed to be referring to Shikizaki at 19:00, saying "He has powers that weren't passed down to even me. So die beautifully for me."

Also Pengin death was pretty brutal, seriously hate Souda Emonzaemon now, I hope he gets what's coming to him next episode.
__________________
Kotori Minami, Honoka Kosaka, & Umi Sonoda - Love Live! School Idol Project
Avatar & Sig by Eroking MAL(KagamiHiiragi)
Konakaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 22:54   Link #2137
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
very action packed episode.

Spoiler for 11 spoilers:
__________________
...
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 01:24   Link #2138
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a cruel yet beautiful world
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by shichi-chan View Post
Well then, I do say that there is enough Houou sexniess to go around.
Yes, there ish.

Dead sexy, unfortunately. *mourns*
__________________
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 07:36   Link #2139
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 26
Put off watching episode 10 for a month...caught up along with episode 11 just now.

I remember saying sometime around episode 4 that one thing this series does pretty well is deaths. Feels like its been a while since we had another interesting/impressive one, but Pengin's definitely reasserts that claim.

Not much to say actually about Togame...not really feeling it. Much as their interactions have made for some pretty good comedy/fanservice, I haven't really felt a personal attachment to them yet as characters, so when the narrative starts saying blatant stuff like "the end of a journey is the end of everything" and "this is the moment deviant blade Yasuri Shichika is completed" it's kinda difficult to feel sad for them. Not even sure if they actually want me to, for that matter, so this episode is kinda awkward in that sense. Hoping for a more epic conclusion next episode.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Sora no Method 20/5 :: Shirobako 20/5 :: Yuuki Yuuna 15/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5
Winter:
Yuri Kuma Arashi 24/5 :: Kancolle 24/5 :: Koufuku Graffiti 80/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 08:09   Link #2140
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
Not much to say actually about Togame...not really feeling it.
Audio really makes the scene, both usage of Gettouka and carefully timed Emonzaemon's lines. This shouldn't normally happen.
11 and 12 really should not be watched apart.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.