AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-03-20, 10:32   Link #821
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Episode 4 is quite an interesting episode : a swordsplay style based on swordstealing?

And it seems that Meisai died of a deflated left breast from a Buddha's Palm.....or is it the blood and the white clothing?
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 15:16   Link #822
Haak
Haters Gonna Hate
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Thankgod I can read the chinese translated novel online...maybe I will tell more about it
You're not gonna tell a damn thing about it before the episode comes out.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 16:07   Link #823
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
You're not gonna tell a damn thing about it before the episode comes out.
Unless he has me backing him up.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 21:04   Link #824
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Don't foget, we have the spoiler tags. You don't have to read it if you don't want to.
Weird.
Spoiler for pic:
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 22:45   Link #825
Dragonkid11
A random-man
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Unless he has me backing him up.
Thankyou...but too bad,the chinese translation I found only got till 4 volume...it seem katanagatari is not that high level of famous...
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 23:33   Link #826
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
P.S. Spoiler of any kind in this thread is not allowed. Any discussion to the novel needs to go in the corresponding novel thread. You can always create a thread if there is none in the Manga section of the forum.
And Haak has the mods backing him up.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 01:20   Link #827
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: On the whole, I'd rather be in Kyoto ...
Age: 56
Everyone posting has been here certainly long enough to read the forum rules. They are enforced, just fyi.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 02:37   Link #828
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Everyone posting has been here certainly long enough to read the forum rules. They are enforced, just fyi.
That's great to hear, as I've only just set foot here having marathoned the first three episodes yesterday afternoon.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 14:35   Link #829
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Why do we have spoiler tags then? That's like a no smokeing sign right next to an ash tray.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 14:40   Link #830
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Why do we have spoiler tags then? That's like a no smokeing sign right next to an ash tray.
That doesn't matter, the rules of the forum state that source material spoilers in anime threads are not allowed.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 15:20   Link #831
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Guess it's just another 'do as I say and not as I do type o' thing'. I don't agree with it, but I'll stay in line as best as I can.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 16:40   Link #832
Raa
Sceptic
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Nowhere
Episode 4 talks? I just recently watched third... Isn't it one episode a month? ಠ_ಠ

Also Katanagatari - the best show this season hands down, hilarious, original and great.
Raa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 18:14   Link #833
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
fourth hasn't aired yet.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 18:15   Link #834
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raa View Post
Episode 4 talks? I just recently watched third... Isn't it one episode a month? ಠ_ಠ
There's a recent trailer which shows footage from future episodes, so that's how the topic ended up about the fourth episode.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 18:44   Link #835
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Why do we have spoiler tags then? That's like a no smokeing sign right next to an ash tray.
I think spoiler tags are for materials that are related 100% to the topic source (as differentiated by light novel, manga, anime, folklores, mythologies, and other various origins) but are not generic knowledge due to either no readily available translation or just not readily available at all; in addition, anything information that would greatly ruin others' enjoyment of first hand experiencing the material would be marked as spoilers as well. I've read through here, but sometimes it is not enforced as I believe it should as I've reported some spoilers before and they were not deleted when the topic of discussion is obvious from another source, which is fine. Mods are humans that have lives too so I don't expect them to be reading these boards 24/7 and being complete nazis that delete everything that have the slightest hint of being spoiler even if the posts are inconsequential.

Since the guideline is really broad, my personal take on the spoiler policy is just stick to whatever's being discussed and pretend you don't know what's going to happen and only type stuff that have absolutely no way that would ruin others' experience of enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raa View Post
Also Katanagatari - the best show this season hands down, hilarious, original and great.
I find it unfair to compare a show who is only beginning to introduce the characters' backgrounds to regularly scheduled shows like Hanamaru Youchien, which already has quadruple amount of episodes.

With that said I'm a huge fan of this series so I'll probably agree with you by the end of this year (though usually summer and fall season are the strongest seasons for anime aren't they?). I really, really enjoy WHITE FOX's animation thus far.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 20:00   Link #836
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I think spoiler tags are for materials that are related 100% to the topic source (as differentiated by light novel, manga, anime, folklores, mythologies, and other various origins) but are not generic knowledge due to either no readily available translation or just not readily available at all; in addition, anything information that would greatly ruin others' enjoyment of first hand experiencing the material would be marked as spoilers as well. I've read through here, but sometimes it is not enforced as I believe it should as I've reported some spoilers before and they were not deleted when the topic of discussion is obvious from another source, which is fine. Mods are humans that have lives too so I don't expect them to be reading these boards 24/7 and being complete nazis that delete everything that have the slightest hint of being spoiler even if the posts are inconsequential.

Since the guideline is really broad, my personal take on the spoiler policy is just stick to whatever's being discussed and pretend you don't know what's going to happen and only type stuff that have absolutely no way that would ruin others' experience of enjoying it.



I find it unfair to compare a show who is only beginning to introduce the characters' backgrounds to regularly scheduled shows like Hanamaru Youchien, which already has quadruple amount of episodes.

With that said I'm a huge fan of this series so I'll probably agree with you by the end of this year (though usually summer and fall season are the strongest seasons for anime aren't they?). I really, really enjoy WHITE FOX's animation thus far.
Yea, for the past few months I have always found it weird that you speak like you know nothing in this thread.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 21:30   Link #837
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Huh, I guess I won't post a few examples from my book then. Really wish there was a comm somewhere,but no one has made one and no one joins the ones that I make. This is gonna be a looooong year.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 22:48   Link #838
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Huh, I guess I won't post a few examples from my book then. Really wish there was a comm somewhere,but no one has made one and no one joins the ones that I make. This is gonna be a looooong year.
What does the book contain actually? Like the sword holders' profiles or episode guides?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 23:58   Link #839
Forsaken_Infinity
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United States of America
Age: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to Forsaken_Infinity
Episode four looks interesting to say the least.
__________________
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-22, 04:27   Link #840
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
What does the book contain actually? Like the sword holders' profiles or episode guides?
Yeah, well, guidebooks and booklets like these normally contain production information and interviews, sketches, designs... stuff like that. One of the Katanagatari supporting books has a map of events, I heard.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.