AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-07, 00:23   Link #2321
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

My only reaction to this episode:
Spoiler:

Okay, also:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-07, 00:33   Link #2322
Sassarai
Army of One

Is there a character poll somewhere? I'm curious too see which characters is the most popular. I'm surprised that diappearing girl is so popular o_O. My vote would be for Koromo.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-09-07 at 00:43.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 00:37   Link #2323
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

HISA and YUMI.

Momoko only has appeal for me in that she's the one that makes Yumi blush.
Old 2009-09-07, 01:17   Link #2324
Marisa Kirisame
Previously cicido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Is there a character poll somewhere? I'm curious too see which characters is the most popular. I'm surprised that diappearing girl is so popular o_O. My vote would be for Koromo.
There's a character poll on 2ch, I still can't find out where are the results though But Kana, Momo, and Nodoka are said to be the most popular characters in Japan. Also, Koromo is popular everywhere except Japan itself

Even the girls want her...
Marisa Kirisame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 01:37   Link #2325
FateAnomaly

Although i have my personal favourites as well, i think most of the characters are still likeable. The author is pretty brilliant at creating all these characters.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 02:03   Link #2326
firehawk12

I'm actually more interested in the singles tournament than the entire team tournament, mostly because the outcome isn't guaranteed. At least, I don't think it's inevitable that Saki and Nodoka place in the top three and make it to the individual nationals as well.

That said, give the number of episodes seemingly remaining, I'm almost expecting some kind of massive cliffhanger either way.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 03:40   Link #2327
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
HISA and YUMI.

Momoko only has appeal for me in that she's the one that makes Yumi blush.
1. Yumi/Momo combi
2. Hisa
distant 3. Touka/Hajime combi

=X
Old 2009-09-07, 04:54   Link #2328
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Actually, it's been a very successful plot device in the past. It's the same power that was used by The Shadow, one of the most popular characters during the "Golden Age of Radio," and most recently portrayed by Alec Baldwin in a 1994 movie version.

"Who knows... what evil... lurks in the hearts of mahjong tiles? Momoko knows... hahahahahahaha...."

Okay, I'm betting absolutely no one gets that reference...
I know who The Shadow is, but only because of the awful movie-to-game adaptation on SNES (used to own the cart! yay!). Watched the movie some years later on some random TV channel... it's glorious, especially the villain. Can't believe we're talking about him in this world of animu.

Actually, The Shadow can still be detected from (ironically) his own shadow because "light can't be fooled". If that principle is applied here, then Kyaputein Geass (and to lesser extend Beanpole The Man) will be the perfect counter against Momo. Even if Momo go all stealth, Mihoko can still feel that something is amiss in the flow of tiles-- she can feel Momo's shadow.

Well, the whole Momo=The Shadow thing is played from the beginning really-- even if people can't see Momo/The Shadow, electronic devices record her clearly. That's why Nodoka's "Machine Mind Mode" see through her trick.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 05:13   Link #2329
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
Actually, The Shadow can still be detected from (ironically) his own shadow because "light can't be fooled". If that principle is applied here, then Kyaputein Geass (and to lesser extend Beanpole The Man) will be the perfect counter against Momo. Even if Momo go all stealth, Mihoko can still feel that something is amiss in the flow of tiles-- she can feel Momo's shadow.
It's already said that it is. Nodoka looks on tiles, not on people - that's why she was unaffected. And there are even more pattern-recognizers in bunch, Kyosumi have another one of they own besides Nodoka - glasses girl, don't remember name . So it's not cheat, because "LOOK ON TILES, DAMN IT" is one of basics. Ignoring people that put tiles is other way to lose though, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
Well, the whole Momo=The Shadow thing is played from the beginning really-- even if people can't see Momo/The Shadow, electronic devices record her clearly. That's why Nodoka's "Machine Mind Mode" see through her trick.
It's because she see tiles and just ignore people that put them, not because of "machine mind".

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 06:40   Link #2330
Sassarai
Army of One

I had to look up who is Hisa o_O Turns out it was captain. Hmm now I'm really curious to see a poll since it seems like there's a lot of well-liked characters. I guess it's because the anime does a good job developing all their characters unlike most shows *cough* (vc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa Kirisame View Post
There's a character poll on 2ch, I still can't find out where are the results though But Kana, Momo, and Nodoka are said to be the most popular characters in Japan. Also, Koromo is popular everywhere except Japan itself
Catgirl, disappearing girl, and big boobs o_O IT MAKES NO SENSE! Koromo not popular in Japan? Land of the loli.. you got to be kidding me....

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-09-07 at 07:31.
Old 2009-09-07, 07:46   Link #2331
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Ah. Personally, I think Koromo is annoying. She's cute in small doses like the Tokyo scene but in other scenes, she's just irritating.

I also don't really understand Kana's appeal since every scene I see her, she's losing in some horrific fashion.

It's all about Hisa and her awesome tile slams and of course, the interaction with the Captain.

Link: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...mia-mikage_kis

Hisa needs to do this to Mihoko ASAP.
Old 2009-09-07, 08:12   Link #2332
Serffix

Send a message via Skype™ to Serffix
Quote:
Ah. Personally, I think Koromo is annoying. She's cute in small doses like the Tokyo scene but in other scenes, she's just irritating.

I also don't really understand Kana's appeal since every scene I see her, she's losing in some horrific fashion.

It's all about Hisa and her awesome tile slams and of course, the interaction with the Captain.

Link: http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...mia-mikage_kis

Hisa needs to do this to Mihoko ASAP.
At first I thought Koromo was just your average loli, but there's some kind of charm to her which makes her an appealing character for me. It's fun to watch her in action both as cute loli and demon so she doesn't bother me at all.

I can understand why Kana is one of the favorite characters in japan. There's A LOT of fanart where the coach bullies her around and this just makes her fun for some people. Not to mention her behaviour after she lost the match in the manga. You normally don't laugh when you see a character crying that hard, but damn.. that page sure was funny

My favorites are Hisa and Mihoko as well.
Serffix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 08:50   Link #2333
einhorn303

If we're naming favorite characters, for me it's probably:

- Koromo
- Yumi
- Kana

Koromo is awesome because she's an uber GARmoe (both GAR and moe at the same time) blonde long-haired loli with Lovecraftian mahjong skills who says things like "What devilry is this? These knaves' faces show nary a trace of defeats colour!" Yumi is awesome because she's so serious and straight-forward (perhaps this new Nanpo will take her place). Kana is, well...

Quote:
Allow me to quote the post I made when Kana won her SaiMoe match, explaining her appeal to me:

Quote:
Let me try to explain Kana's charm. Kana's charm is all about feeling pity for her. Her life is hard. She has to take on enormous domestic duties. Her coach is always slapping her around. Mihoko completely forgets about her whenever Hisa shows up on the screen. And when it came down to the final struggle, to the most important competition of her life...she fails utterly. Utterly. Score: Zero Points. It's just so easy to feel sorry for her. But she's someone we can all relate to, because we've all been in that "beat up on, totally failed" moment. That's what makes her character so charming.

When you add in her cat-like demeanor, her spunky can-do! attitude, her awesome voice acting, zettai ryouiki and bike shorts version, NYAAA ROAR...well, that's all just icing on the cake. The delicious moe cake.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 09:58   Link #2334
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Whats not to love about Kana. Nekomimi, loli, :3, fang, primal scream , perhaps a touch of yuri for Mihoko. She is just fun. Favorite chacracters would be :3 loli neko fang (Kana), Tacos, and DESU Geass
Old 2009-09-07, 10:00   Link #2335
Peanutbutter

My order:

1) Mihoko
2) Yumi-chin
3) Koromo

Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 10:14   Link #2336
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Being anti saki I completely loved this episode. Why? Simply because Saki got bitch slapped 3-on-1 boohya time!

Now that is going to take her down a few notches and about time (suffer more! muhahahaha!)

/evil mode.

Though seriously for some reason I can't explain, I enjoy watching Saki getting pwned! ^^

And I would very much like to see Hisa make it through but chances are Saki will just because she is the main character...how unfair -___-

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-07, 10:45   Link #2337
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
For such a great player she is kind of a one trick pony with that kong thing
Old 2009-09-07, 10:50   Link #2338
Sassarai
Army of One

I created a plain looking test poll.

http://saki916.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-09-07 at 12:02.
Old 2009-09-07, 13:06   Link #2339
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Im starting to like Tomokis VA whoever that is. Im happy that she got quite a bit of screen time <3
Old 2009-09-07, 14:18   Link #2340
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep22:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition, mahjong, moe, seinen