AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-24, 14:16   Link #2021
Spikestrip
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Well, I would GLADLY prefer it if Bee Train followed Nitroplus' novel word by word! Heck, that was what I wanted this whole time!

They managed to screw eveything in just one final scene completely! I feel like I've been fooled this whole time. I just hate it.

@Lady Orihime: Did you get my message by the way? >_>
Spikestrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 14:17   Link #2022
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Spoiler for Episode 26:
Spoiler:
__________________
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 14:20   Link #2023
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Age: 27
*sings* Karmaaaaa nandomo onaji koto no
kurikaeshi no naka o ochiteitte wa~~ XD

Bah it probably ain't that bad once I see the episode. I mean come on...

Spoiler:
Mei19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 14:23   Link #2024
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Spoiler:
Why do you hate Cal that much? 0_o
I saw nothing wrong about her, same assasin as Reiji and Elen just not so brainwashed than them what made her unique in comparison to all others.

She kills the same way as they did and still do.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 14:30   Link #2025
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Spoiler for Episode 26:
For the sake of clarity, it must be repeated that both of us haven't actually seen the ending so any discussion about this subject is eventually going to hit a wall, sooner rather than later, because our opinions are primarily based on brief descriptions and personal assumptions, as well as simply being a matter of preference.

Having already said that...no, my actual point isn't about going against the tone of the ending and, what's more, I've already mentioned that it wouldn't matter at all if...

Spoiler for 26:
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 14:31   Link #2026
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 26:
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 14:38   Link #2027
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Spoiler for Episode 26:
That's another important issue. You're a fan of Bee Train in general, which is respectable enough and allows you to appreciate what they bring to the table, while I assume that many of those who are/were watching this series aren't necessarily in that same position. In my particular case, I haven't seen enough of their other shows in order to make a general judgment about their quality on my own.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 14:39   Link #2028
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Orihime View Post
Spoiler for for episode 26:
Spoiler for Response:


Spoiler for Actual ep26 thoughts:


By the way, don't be surprised if this directly and negatively affects the sales of the DVDs by a noticable amount.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 14:49   Link #2029
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
For the sake of clarity, it must be repeated that both of us haven't actually seen the ending so any discussion about this subject is eventually going to hit a wall, sooner rather than later, because our opinions are primarily based on brief descriptions and personal assumptions, as well as simply being a matter of preference.

Having already said that...no, my actual point isn't about going against the tone of the ending and, what's more, I've already mentioned that it wouldn't matter at all if...

Spoiler for 26:
Spoiler for Episode 26:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
That's another important issue. You're a fan of Bee Train in general, which is respectable enough and allows you to appreciate what they bring to the table, while I assume that many of those who are/were watching this series aren't necessarily in that same position. In my particular case, I haven't seen enough of their other shows in order to make a general judgment about their quality on my own.
K? What does this mean? My opinion is from my own perspective I can't judge other people's likes and dislikes or take into account what they've have or haven't watched. Why would I even do that?
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 15:02   Link #2030
Lady Orihime
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
I'd trust that much, but leaving out a few specific details and so on is always a concern.
Okay then, here is a full description:

Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikestrip View Post

@Lady Orihime: Did you get my message by the way? >_>
I only got a VM on here from Zwei.
Lady Orihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 15:04   Link #2031
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 24
Honestly, you gotta take account Bee Train's yuri fandom. Even if their main characters commitied the most atrocious crimes, they will still get away with it in the end and live happily ever after or something. That's what pissed me off the most and made me hate them even more now, I guess.
__________________
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 15:12   Link #2032
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 33
@Lady Orihime: Thanks for the detailed description, which does clear a few things up.

Once again, sorry for the bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Spoiler for Episode 26:
I think we're already going around in circles, because, whether you want to acknowledge it or not, the core of my argument doesn't rely on whether that happened or not.

The overwhelming majority of what I wrote refers, implicitly, to the execution of the ending as it had been described, even though I wasn't going to go into the exact details of something I haven't already seen.

Perhaps it would be easier to clearly get my point across if I did go into the specifics but that's precisely what I didn't want to do without enough information, because it would be unwise. This is only my preliminary opinion after all. In the meanwhile, we'll just have to wait and see.

What Lady Orihime posted is actually quite useful, for example, but I'll try to watch the actual episode too.

Quote:
K? What does this mean? My opinion is from my own perspective I can't judge other people's likes and dislikes or take into account what they've have or haven't watched. Why would I even do that?
Of course you can't, that wasn't my point, but it's simply interesting to note that there are different kinds of viewers involved here and that helps explain their reactions, to some extent.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 15:12   Link #2033
Spikestrip
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
@Zwei and Lady Orihime:
Spoiler:
Spikestrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 15:13   Link #2034
Manic
real men love pink
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio
well from that description...

Spoiler for final ep:


bring on the ovas
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic91584_3.gif
Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 15:14   Link #2035
Lady Orihime
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
^ To the two posts above ^

Spoiler:
Lady Orihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 15:25   Link #2036
Zetsubo
著述遮断
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Orihime View Post
^ To the two posts above ^

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 15:31   Link #2037
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 24
Whatever happens, I will always remember this particular scene.


Run bitch(Sycthe), Ruuuuuun.
__________________
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 15:36   Link #2038
g1alpha
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Right behind you!!!
I put it as my avatar
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-09-24 at 15:52.
g1alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 15:50   Link #2039
Slick_rick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
I think we're already going around in circles, because, whether you want to acknowledge it or not, the core of my argument doesn't rely on whether that happened or not.

The overwhelming majority of what I wrote refers, implicitly, to the execution of the ending as it had been described, even though I wasn't going to go into the exact details of something I haven't already seen.

Perhaps it would be easier to clearly get my point across if I did go into the specifics but that's precisely what I didn't want to do without enough information, because it would be unwise. This is only my preliminary opinion after all. In the meanwhile, we'll just have to wait and see.
Spoiler for Episode 26:




Quote:
Of course you can't, that wasn't my point, but it's simply interesting to note that there are different kinds of viewers involved here and that helps explain their reactions, to some extent.
Spoiler for episode 26:
__________________
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 16:29   Link #2040
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Spoiler for Episode 26:
Alas, you're confusing some secondary or even throwaway points with my main argument without making any distinctions between them. That's not what I meant. As expected, it seems we've already hit the wall.

Outside of going back to square one, there's probably no way out.

Then, by all means, don't buy it. That's really only up to you.

I'm not going to earn a commission or anything. I've already said more than enough for now.

Quote:
Spoiler:
That's exactly what I've been planning to do, so I can certainly agree.

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 26:
Even if you don't care, I think you'll notice that not only VN purists seem to be, at least temporarily, disappointed.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.