AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-09-27, 22:04   Link #2241
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere not near you.
Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Reiji was intelligent. It was in his nature. I'm sure he was wearing a bulletproof vest and fooled Inferno. The reason Elen was smiling was because now they were truly free forever.

There's another possibility. =)

*shrugs*
I will hang on this possibility for the rest of my life.
Is this the anime I was so diligently following without spoiling myself all along? No brethren, I think this calls for war. ಠ___ಠ
__________________
Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:05   Link #2242
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppai View Post
He though she was dead. Running away with her was his plan. When that failed he just decided to keep on living as phantom because it was the only thing left for him. Scythe shot because: Reiji had no bullets left and he was in shock from shooting Elen.
If not the phantom past, he would be like a dead man since nothing was left for him.

He might have found the reason later but definetly not in nearest future.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:08   Link #2243
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hamburg
Age: 44
Guys. Before this nonsense Bee Train bashing gets even more out of hand. Nitro+ was fully involved in making this anime. Urobuchi Gen himself - the author of the original game - worked on the script for the anime. Whatever Bee Train decided to animate was the result of the original author's work. So if the ending is too much for you to take, don't just diss the animation studio for it - include the author.

This whole "unrealistic that he didn't notice" whine is whipped nonsense either. The two of them had been on the run for weeks and are in the outskirts of _Mongolia_ for crying out loud. Why would anyone give a friggen horse cart more than a fleeting glance? If you don't expect anything, killing someone else is easy. That's what happened.

The point of the change is obvious: Instead of a lovey-dovey happy "escaped" ending, they decided to give it a different twist: Reiji managed to finally fulfill one promise to one he cared for - but his past caught up and buried him. Elen's transformation was finally complete at the end. In the game, she had only one mission: "Protect Reiji at all cost". However, the goal was subtly different in the anime: "Live the life that Reiji gave me". Seen from this angle, it remains to be seen if Elen can uphold it, now that Reiji is gone. It's up to the viewer to decide...

So, in the end, the anime took an even darker tone than the path it _mostly_ took. And so, the last piece of chocolate was much more bitter than anticipated. I don't consider it a sign of maturity to rumpelstilzchen on the ground now and screech that all earlier pieces of chocolate are suddenly tainted by the taste of the last one. Sorry
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:09   Link #2244
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Don't compare with driving as the reaction time is less with driving. Actually I'd notice an approaching carriage if my life was on the line big time.

Actually, you didn't get to see his expression before he fell. That's why we can't say he's dead for sure. I doubt he was happy.
You wouldn't be lost in thoughts if you still had goal to live, they were living in the moment, enjoying the fullest of it.

You saw his face right after shot and before he fell. And obvioulsy during the fall his eyes would be clusy and half closed.


Geez, why is it so hard for you people to understand such simple psychology. I guess it is impossible for you to put yourself in their shoes.


Besides they seemed to get rid of fear of death. If you don't fear feat, you won't mind dying.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:11   Link #2245
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I choose to believe that Reiji is alive. Bee Train deserves all the bashing they get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
You wouldn't be lost in thoughts if you still had goal to live, they were living in the moment, enjoying the fullest of it.

You saw his face right after shot and before he fell. And obvioulsy during the fall his eyes would be clusy and half closed.


Geez, why is it so hard for you people to understand such simple psychology. I guess it is impossible for you to put yourself in their shoes.


Besides they seemed to get rid of fear of death. If you don't fear feat, you won't mind dying.
It's not obvious if it's not shown.

It's not simple psychology that you are arguing. People have short term and long term goals. These goals evolve. To insist that a person who fulfils one goal, gives up is just nonsense imo.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:12   Link #2246
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Guys. Before this nonsense Bee Train bashing gets even more out of hand. Nitro+ was fully involved in making this anime. Urobuchi Gen himself - the author of the original game - worked on the script for the anime. Whatever Bee Train decided to animate was the result of the original author's work. So if the ending is too much for you to take, don't just diss the animation studio for it - include the author.

This whole "unrealistic that he didn't notice" whine is whipped nonsense either. The two of them had been on the run for weeks and are in the outskirts of _Mongolia_ for crying out loud. Why would anyone give a friggen horse cart more than a fleeting glance? If you don't expect anything, killing someone else is easy. That's what happened.

The point of the change is obvious: Instead of a lovey-dovey happy "escaped" ending, they decided to give it a different twist: Reiji managed to finally fulfill one promise to one he cared for - but his past caught up and buried him. Elen's transformation was finally complete at the end. In the game, she had only one mission: "Protect Reiji at all cost". However, the goal was subtly different in the anime: "Live the life that Reiji gave me". Seen from this angle, it remains to be seen if Elen can uphold it, now that Reiji is gone. It's up to the viewer to decide...

So, in the end, the anime took an even darker tone than the path it _mostly_ took. And so, the last piece of chocolate was much more bitter than anticipated. I don't consider it a sign of maturity to rumpelstilzchen on the ground now and screech that all earlier pieces of chocolate are suddenly tainted by the taste of the last one. Sorry

Thanks you!


Finally someone understands!
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:13   Link #2247
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 22
I also believe Reiji is alive. I believe they added that particular scene in the end, when the Road of the Cerulean Sky(Ein's true ending) was completed, was to keep the Cal fans who wanted Reiji dead and the other people who wanted Reiji dead for other reasons, happy.
__________________
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:14   Link #2248
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I choose to believe that Reiji is alive. Bee Train deserves all the bashing they get.
Can't complain there. since he just fell. There is no evidence that he died, so seeing him survive is a right choice as well.

This ending was more left for imagination.

Only Cal fans had been left without hope. We only can hope for her being forgiven and having peaceful life on the other side.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:19   Link #2249
FuzzyWuzzy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Geez how old are you? -_-

Their are assasins not normal people! They think completly differently from you! Whole this time they thought only about killing! They had no thoughts. Then finally they got another goal, now it was fullifield. They didn't plan to die, but if that happened they wouldn't mind.

Would you really prefer to hide whole your life in fear and then die sooner or later or die happy?

Are they wanted by mafia? Are thay killers? NO! Stop giving stupid examples!
Last time I checked, they didn't live in fear when they were running away. In fact, they were happy. It was like a dream to them. They could have continued living like that.

"They didn't plan to die, but if that happened they wouldn't mind. "

WTH kind of logic is this? They were really really young. Of course, they would mind. Anyone would mind. Even accomplished people, millionaires and kings who have met their goals and lived life with servants, etc would mind dying.

Yes, I'm older than you and more intelligent judging by the way we write.
__________________
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:19   Link #2250
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Home of the 2010 Olympics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Like I said in my post before, If they were going for an original, I would have wanted something like this...

Spoiler:

Tragic and happy at the same time.
I would have first smashed my computer screen, then proceeded to kill BeeTrain if your ending was animated. It would just ruin the ENTIRE mood of the story. Clichéd much?
__________________

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:19   Link #2251
Oppai
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa, Florida
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Oppai Send a message via Skype™ to Oppai
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
You wouldn't be lost in thoughts if you still had goal to live, they were living in the moment, enjoying the fullest of it.

You saw his face right after shot and before he fell. And obvioulsy during the fall his eyes would be clusy and half closed.


Geez, why is it so hard for you people to understand such simple psychology. I guess it is impossible for you to put yourself in their shoes.


Besides they seemed to get rid of fear of death. If you don't fear feat, you won't mind dying.
Some people just dont think the way you do and that is the magic of having such an ambiguous ending.

As for putting myself in their shoes. Just because we reached a goals does not mean I'd be totally content with dying after that.

I wouldnt be lost in thought if I still had a goal to live? Of course I would be lost in thought, finding her home was just the first step. I would definitely be think what comes next.
__________________
Oppai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:19   Link #2252
Lady Orihime
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Chaos;Head was done by Madhouse. Nitroplus the game. BeeTrain had nothing to do with it.
Ah! Sorry. Got my wires crossed XD But Nitro+ did produce both shows.
Lady Orihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:19   Link #2253
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Can't complain there. since he just fell. There is no evidence that he died, so seeing him survive is a right choice as well.

This ending was more left for imagination.

Only Cal fans had been left without hope. We only can hope for her being forgiven and having peaceful life on the other side.
That's the part I hate. They could have just stuck with the VN ending and all would have been fine. If they wanted everybody alive, then they should have went with the Mio ending and merge it to Elen's true ending.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:23   Link #2254
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Yes I was wondering if the ending was more his decision. Though I would have thought if he did it, it would have been better executed.. Then again we all know Urobuchi Gen is twisted.

Spoiler for not sure:
daimonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:27   Link #2255
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Roanapur
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonth View Post
Yes I was wondering if the ending was more his decision. Though I would have thought if he did it, it would have been better executed.. Then again we all know Urobuchi Gen is twisted.

Spoiler for not sure:
That's one of the endings of Phantom Integration game. Elen doesn't shoot Cal in the end for killing Reiji, instead they go emo over it while the Zahlen Schwestern prepare to kill them.
__________________
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:28   Link #2256
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Actually by that time Cal had already beaten them all.
daimonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:29   Link #2257
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppai View Post
Some people just dont think the way you do and that is the magic of having such an ambiguous ending.

As for putting myself in their shoes. Just because we reached a goals does not mean I'd be totally content with dying after that.

I wouldnt be lost in thought if I still had a goal to live? Of course I would be lost in thought, finding her home was just the first step. I would definitely be think what comes next.
Yep you are getting my drift.

They might have found their new goal a bit later, maybe tommorow...

They were simply caught in the moment and it was used against them. If Inferno tried this trick sooner or later, there are almost none chances that they would be succesful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Last time I checked, they didn't live in fear when they were running away. In fact, they were happy. It was like a dream to them. They could have continued living like that.

"They didn't plan to die, but if that happened they wouldn't mind. "

WTH kind of logic is this? They were really really young. Of course, they would mind. Anyone would mind. Even accomplished people, millionaires and kings who have met their goals and lived life with servants, etc would mind dying.

Yes, I'm older than you and more intelligent judging by the way we write.
They still were always on look out, Elen had prepared everything. They were not as hapy as they seemed. Whole this time it was an act, especially on her part.

Young normal people and young assasins... see the difference?!

I also wouldn't like to die young, but I really doubt that I would think the same way were I an assasin and to top it brainwashed in the past.

You are to full of yourself.
There are 10 years old geniuses who are smarter than 5 ninety year old people put together.
So come down from skies.

And your logical is far too bad for the age you claim to have.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:30   Link #2258
Manic
real men love pink
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio
i am not even gonna watch this version, i am gonna wait for my friend to do some editing to the last ep so it ends before reiji is shot.

Not a fan of shitty endings, and with just a lil bit of editing can fix it so the series isnt ruined for me.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic91584_3.gif
Manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:32   Link #2259
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
i am not even gonna watch this version, i am gonna wait for my friend to do some editing to the last ep so it ends before reiji is shot.

Not a fan of shitty endings, and with just a lil bit of editing can fix it so the series isnt ruined for me.
Hey, misery loves company. You should join in on the fun.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 22:33   Link #2260
Oppai
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tampa, Florida
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Oppai Send a message via Skype™ to Oppai
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yep you are getting my drift.

They might have found their new goal a bit later, maybe tommorow...

They were simply caught in the moment and it was used against them. If Inferno tried this trick sooner or later, there are almost none chances that they would be succesful.



They still were always on look out, Elen had prepared everything. They were not as hapy as they seemed. Whole this time it was an act, especially on her part.

Young normal people and young assasins... see the difference?!

I also wouldn't like to die young, but I really doubt that I would think the same way were I an assasin and to top it brainwashed in the past.

You are to full of yourself.
There are 10 years old geniuses who are smarter than 5 ninety year old people put together.
So come down from skies.

And your logical is far too bad for the age you claim to have.
Elen and Reiji stopped boing assassins after they fled to Mexico and then to Japan. Anyone they killed after that was because they had to to survive and not because they were assassins.
__________________
Oppai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.