AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-20, 12:32   Link #1101
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

I'd say ditch Ellen and go back to Cal rofl.
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 12:48   Link #1102
Weils

Ep 21:

Spoiler for spoilers:
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 13:00   Link #1103
Aqua Knight

Ha. Everyone is talking about episode 20 and you come with ep 21. When I was reading the spoiler I was like "WTF? What did you watch?".
And show is 24 episodes right??
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 13:02   Link #1104
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
As far as I know, it is 26 episodes long.
Old 2009-08-20, 13:19   Link #1105
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
This is going to be interesting. What im most interested in now is the inner working of Cal and what she hopes to accomplish. There can not be too many options here and given the fact that SM has had two years to taint her its going to be interesting.

Does she want revenge? Does she blame Ein for Reiji leaving? I cant be sure of whats going to happen but it seems that half is duty and half is personal. She could very well want to take out Ein in order to lure Reiji back. Or she could want them both dead its very hard to tell whats ticking up there and only in time will we see has SM screwed with her brain at all.

The problem i see is could Reiji shoot Cal if he had too. I dont know if he can just like it was nearly impossible for him to shoot Ein.

This is going to get complicated.
Old 2009-08-20, 15:08   Link #1106
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Cal has sure become hot in these past two years...the change is amazing T_T

Spoiler:
CALLLLLL~ *hails*

Ditch Elen and go to Cal XD. She certainly looks more badass than two years ago. I like this new Cal already =).

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 15:51   Link #1107
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

What a growth spurt! Cal is soooo much taller and bustier than, well, she was a preteen 2 years ago.

I was a bit weirded out by the new opening, since it doesn't reflect much of the darkness associated with the series.

Go Cal!
Old 2009-08-20, 16:06   Link #1108
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Spoiler for Dialogue after Episode 20:

Seriously, what wonders will be waiting for you if you kept a loli by your side for 2 years. Holy shit.
Old 2009-08-20, 16:13   Link #1109
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Well, Reiji ceartanly did stare at those breasts for a long time lol
Old 2009-08-20, 16:25   Link #1110
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
I was a bit weirded out by the new opening, since it doesn't reflect much of the darkness associated with the series.

Go Cal!
Weirded out is fine - but it's very intentional. As I wrote before, chapter 3 now directly confronts the murderous underground world on one hand with peaceful happy civil life on the other. This will create a strong feeling of desynch, of "what the hell", and eventually, nausea. Up to the terminal showdown.

I'm VERY pleased at how they're handling this material. Having the Inferno world gradually encroach on the sweet highschool life and tainting it... the feeling of menace and foreboding... nice. And extra kudos on their handling of Cal. I'm very curious how this board will react to her. These will be some very fascinating episodes to come

(Big thumbs up from me for eps 20+21)
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 16:27   Link #1111
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Just saw episode 20 and it was a pretty good episode, showing us how nice and peaceful life has been since they left inferno. I was also kind of disappointed by how Reiji's and Elen's relationship is only brother and sisters I would have though that by now they would have a romantic one.

But god damn Cal shit you really grew, you really came back with a bang. It seem's next episode Scythe Master will make an appearance I hope Reiji kills him and takes back Cal for a nice threesome.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 16:31   Link #1112
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Weirded out is fine - but it's very intentional. As I wrote before, chapter 3 now directly confronts the murderous underground world on one hand with peaceful happy civil life on the other. This will create a strong feeling of desynch, of "what the hell", and eventually, nausea. Up to the terminal showdown.

I'm VERY pleased at how they're handling this material. Having the Inferno world gradually encroach on the sweet highschool life and tainting it... the feeling of menace and foreboding... nice. And extra kudos on their handling of Cal. I'm very curious how this board will react to her. These will be some very fascinating episodes to come

(Big thumbs up from me for eps 20+21)
I liked the new opening since it gives a new and happy feeling to the series. The only flaw about the episode was that they slowed the moment where Cal reveals herself; instead of taking more than 6 seconds to show different views of her wonderful breasts, they could at least made her say something like "It's been a while, Reiji" and better BGM instead of changing it into techno.
Old 2009-08-20, 16:32   Link #1113
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I'm speechless, episode 21 was goddamn fantastic.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-20, 16:46   Link #1114
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
I liked the new opening since it gives a new and happy feeling to the series. The only flaw about the episode was that they slowed the moment where Cal reveals herself; instead of taking more than 6 seconds to show different views of her wonderful breasts, they could at least made her say something like "It's been a while, Reiji" and better BGM instead of changing it into techno.
Still better then the VN where she removes her helm after shooting the warning shoot and drives away. The scene in ep20 was awesome in comparison to that.

And I agree with Mentar: I like how they are handling the material as well. Beetrain becomes better from ep to ep.
Old 2009-08-20, 18:34   Link #1115
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Just watched episode 20.. I'm pretty confused here

If I recall, they had been living only about two years in the Japan or so ( well according to Wikia ). Now considering Cal's appearance and such from previous episodes, she was really young. Abit unrealistic to grow THAT much in two years no ?
Old 2009-08-20, 19:03   Link #1116
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The last 1/2 half year they were living in Japan.

And Cal's growth is surprising but there are a lot of 16, 17-yr-old that matured physically quite early these days.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 19:04   Link #1117
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Abit unrealistic to grow THAT much in two years no ?
Spoiler for The answer:
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 19:19   Link #1118
Parappashi
Happy Member

Cal was one of my favourite characters, but now she's aged ridiculously fast, she has one of those I-kick-ass faces and these melons have sprung from nowhere.

I have a feeling I'm not going to like this new Cal.
Parappashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 19:20   Link #1119
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Just watched episode 20.. I'm pretty confused here

If I recall, they had been living only about two years in the Japan or so ( well according to Wikia ). Now considering Cal's appearance and such from previous episodes, she was really young. Abit unrealistic to grow THAT much in two years no ?
Look at it as the onset of delayed, rapid puberty. In reality, the female growth spurt begins to end at age 14, whereas for Cal, it hadn't even begun.

Anyway, it's a visual exaggeration to accentuate the differences between the innocent Cal and the assassin. Realism isn't the point.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 20:06   Link #1120
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Spoiler for Episode 20:
Need episode 21-26, now!

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen