AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-20, 20:26   Link #1121
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The only thing I wasn't amused with was how they seem to be lazy with their drawing of Cal. It's obvious her face isn't drawn as refined as someone like Elen or even Mio. She looks better than this and more naive in the game version.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 20:54   Link #1122
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im on my 2nd run through of episode 20 and as always im catching things i didnt the first time or at least reanalyzing them.

First point is some wording that Reiji used on his date with Mio after Cal had fired the shot that took off Mio's cute little trinket. "That woke me up from my dream" The wording is perfect because thats how he and Elen have been living. Also notice his eyes as he said it. Even if they were to live their entire lives without firing another shot their training will always be there. Reiji switched modes instantly and was not only able to tell where the shot came from but the type of gun used and the bullet casing that was fired. The choice word of "dream" and his eyes going back to that of Zwei shows it takes more than running away to escape the life of a trained killer.

Also 2nd run down i am not that impressed with how Cal is drawn. Mio is drawn a lot smoother and i feel a special something behind how she was drawn i just dont get that from Cal. Also, too much attention was paid to her breast like they wanted to force this grown up version of Cal on the audience and the best way to do that is make her seem more adult and woman like by using her breast as the center piece. Im not feeling it i like Mio more refined look better i agree with you Mizuno
Old 2009-08-20, 21:09   Link #1123
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Seriously OMG OMG !

Well first . New OP , i think it weird . I like the new ED .
So its 2 years after . Surprising that they aren't a couple yet . I mean , they like each others or loves and nothing happens .
They are in japan , in a school huh .. yeah when i saw Mio , she reminds me someone , yeah she's the Godo's sister .
They plan to use her hmm .

SECOND THING : OMG , is it CAL ? Really ? i remind that i saw a wallpapers for this anime a long time ago when there were Elen and a blond girl . I though she was Claudia but not , CAL ??? really ??? in 2 years ? she grew up fast !! well someone can remind me her age 2 years before ? now she's like a 20 years old .
Damn , before Cutties ==> Hotties after . Seems she's the new phantom .
And , scythe the great bastard .....
Someone can tell me in spoiler tag if scythe used SM on her ??
DRAMA IS COMING !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 21:18   Link #1124
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im on my 2nd run through of episode 20 and as always im catching things i didnt the first time or at least reanalyzing them.

First point is some wording that Reiji used on his date with Mio after Cal had fired the shot that took off Mio's cute little trinket. "That woke me up from my dream" The wording is perfect because thats how he and Elen have been living. Also notice his eyes as he said it. Even if they were to live their entire lives without firing another shot their training will always be there. Reiji switched modes instantly and was not only able to tell where the shot came from but the type of gun used and the bullet casing that was fired. The choice word of "dream" and his eyes going back to that of Zwei shows it takes more than running away to escape the life of a trained killer.
Using 'dream' to describe their life is great. What is also interesting is what they would call real life would be a dream or nightmare, as Reiji referred to it in the beginning of the series (if I recall correctly) to a normal person.

Quote:
Also 2nd run down i am not that impressed with how Cal is drawn. Mio is drawn a lot smoother and i feel a special something behind how she was drawn i just dont get that from Cal. Also, too much attention was paid to her breast like they wanted to force this grown up version of Cal on the audience and the best way to do that is make her seem more adult and woman like by using her breast as the center piece. Im not feeling it i like Mio more refined look better i agree with you Mizuno
Cal's design was dissapointing. Its extremely hard to believe she would grow that much in two years time, even with growth hormones. The body can only grow so much in a certain amount of time. And yes, her breasts had way too much attention. Her outfit was pretty bad too. That perverted bastard probably picked out her clothes.
Old 2009-08-20, 21:24   Link #1125
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Using 'dream' to describe their life is great. What is also interesting is what they would call real life would be a dream or nightmare, as Reiji referred to it in the beginning of the series (if I recall correctly) to a normal person.

Cal's design was dissapointing. Its extremely hard to believe she would grow that much in two years time, even with growth hormones. The body can only grow so much in a certain amount of time. And yes, her breasts had way too much attention. Her outfit was pretty bad too. That perverted bastard probably picked out her clothes.
Yea this is a problem for me because its obvious that a Elen vs Cal fight is coming and with how Cal has been presented i just cant get that much into it. Maybe when i watch her fight and when she finally snaps it will even out but right now she looks more like a tramp than an trained killer.

Whats going to sum it all up for me is seeing if Reiji can pull the trigger on Cal if he is forced too. Then again Cal might only want Elen dead but that what does SM want with Reiji? I have a feeling that in the end Inferno is going to WISH they would have just let these 2 go.

anyone with anymore info from ep 21 please PM me.
Old 2009-08-20, 22:12   Link #1126
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

2 years later and Cal grows more than the others(unless...steroids??)

but still, I like the ep
Old 2009-08-20, 22:36   Link #1127
Slick_rick

Quote:
I honestly liked the way Cal was drawn. It shows the changes that she's been through these past two years. Comparing her to Mio seems a bit odd as the character are as about different as night and day. Cal now oozes sex appeal and like the next episodes title I suspect is filled with loosely contained rage. Mio is much more the innocent and naive person Cal used to be but even then Cal showed a tendency towards cruelty especially when in regards to revenge on Judy's killer. I was never attached to her innocent look so I don't really find the change unappealing.
Old 2009-08-20, 22:54   Link #1128
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I honestly liked the way Cal was drawn. It shows the changes that she's been through these past two years. Comparing her to Mio seems a bit odd as the character are as about different as night and day. Cal now oozes sex appeal and like the next episodes title I suspect is filled with loosely contained rage. Mio is much more the innocent and naive person Cal used to be but even then Cal showed a tendency towards cruelty especially when in regards to revenge on Judy's killer. I was never attached to her innocent look so I don't really find the change unappealing.

I have to agree with Slick here. I think the physical change is meaningful...and to what extent they use this rather "radical change" depends on how they execute the later episodes.

So for now, I'm going to stay at least somewhat neutral, but i hope that they can pull it off well, as there is a lot of meaning behind her "physical" change.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 23:34   Link #1129
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
You know, just a hunch but I feel that this series is probably going to end with
Spoiler for :

Anyways, I can't wait for the new episode to be subbed; and hopefully, they release the subs a little sooner. Waiting another week while the RAW is already out has been mentally raping me for days.
Old 2009-08-20, 23:46   Link #1130
Soraya21

Man, people are still talking about Cal's growth? Well, I'll just throw in my 2 cents then.

All in all, her change was completely necessary. Pre-timeskip Cal would barely be admitted into the cooster rides in an amusement park, so her driving a motorcycle at her previous height would be scientifically impossible. And as utterly cute and hilarious it would be to see, a loli-Drei wouldn't exactly strike fear and terror into the hearts of her victims. And though this dips into VN spoilers, I will say that there are a few instances where her current stature and strength are needed.

As for the boobs, well there's got to be some service catered to the fans, and since the main source of fanfare that was Claudia is now KIA, someone's got to step up and fill out her shoes (or bra as it were).
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 00:13   Link #1131
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

I just hope they don't kill off Cal, she instantly became my fav character with her new look and she's so fking badass!
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 00:39   Link #1132
Avisch
Reality Blender

Ok I love the new opening animation. It really screams "GENRE SHIFT" (even though the song lyrics clearly show that is not the case).
Very cool episode.

I realize now that I have found myself very connected to the main characters of the show, Im actually worried about watching each episode out of fear that something bad will happen to them.

Spoiler for Music in Episode 20:

Spoiler for Character design details:

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 01:28   Link #1133
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I thought Reiji and Elen were a bit older than high school, I mean you'd think someone (Wisemel) would have made a comment on how phantom is a kid but nobody ever did. I've always thought that Reiji was in his early 20's.

I have no idea what's up with Cal's growth spur. She was like an 11yr old and all the sudden bamn! I seriously hope they explain how she went from loli to this in 2 years.
Old 2009-08-21, 01:31   Link #1134
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
I thought Reiji and Elen were a bit older than high school, I mean you'd think someone (Wisemel) would have made a comment on how phantom is a kid but nobody ever did. I've always thought that Reiji was in his early 20's.

I have no idea what's up with Cal's growth spur. She was like an 11yr old and all the sudden bamn! I seriously hope they explain how she went from loli to this in 2 years.
She was 14 then 16. There's not really a reasonable fictional reason...you can just call her "abnormal".
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 01:35   Link #1135
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
The only thing I wasn't amused with was how they seem to be lazy with their drawing of Cal. It's obvious her face isn't drawn as refined as someone like Elen or even Mio. She looks better than this and more naive in the game version.
Looking at spoiler screens from later ep's, Cal does have more details later then in this ep.
As for the breasts: I think the problem is in camera and such as she doesn't seem so breasty in OP.

Quote:
All in all, her change was completely necessary. Pre-timeskip Cal would barely be admitted into the cooster rides in an amusement park, so her driving a motorcycle at her previous height would be scientifically impossible. And as utterly cute and hilarious it would be to see, a loli-Drei wouldn't exactly strike fear and terror into the hearts of her victims. And though this dips into VN spoilers, I will say that there are a few instances where her current stature and strength are needed.
Exactly! Loli Cal or any younger looking Cal woudn't fit the roles she will have in chapter 3.

Spoiler for Cal's toughts after seeing Reiji:

also, why does nobody discuss Ellen who looks far older then she is at age of 14?
Old 2009-08-21, 01:37   Link #1136
Kazuhara
Executioner

That's right, she was still 14 two years go.. Reiji and Elen is still 18 y/o.. If I'm not mistaken

Scythe probably gave her some kind of growth medicines or it's probably the result from her training or something. ^^
Old 2009-08-21, 02:06   Link #1137
Spinner187
Too old for Anime?

Well I see most of you feel the same way I do.

Beginning of the series:

I always figured Renji was 18-20 years in the beginning. His attrie during meetings showed maturity atleast.

Ein, well I can see her being 14 years old, she does have a small frame.

Cal, typical Loli....I figured 10-12 years old.

The "Two years Later"

First thoughts? What the hell are they doing in high school? Is this Renji's coma dream!

Renji actually looks younger then previous epsiode. WTF

Ellen exactly the same but with longer hair.

Cal.......wait......wait a minute.....she wasn't a pre-teen???

You mean to tell me that Cal and Renji are only 2 years apart? Jezz!!!

But I guess the visual changes are to suggest the attitude change
Spinner187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 02:49   Link #1138
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
I always figured Renji was 18-20 years in the beginning. His attrie during meetings showed maturity atleast.
With good clothes and good attitude, you can always look older. Physicaly, Reiji in chapter 1 looks all right, in chapter 2 also if you take into consideration that his muscles would grow because of training and job and he got used on living as an adult.
In chapter 3, he does look a bit older, but the clothes, surrounding and high school kid attitude makes him look younger in return.

However, in many scenes he does look like he is in 20's.

Quote:
Ein, well I can see her being 14 years old, she does have a small frame.
And I seriously can't. She looks 15.5 at least, not someone 13 years old (around when she stoped growing and before that her growth should have decelerated).
Her look in VN was acceptable and right for her age even tough some would say she loks older there as well. Anime, however, made her look too developed.

Quote:
Cal, typical Loli....I figured 10-12 years old.
Loli Cal in anime is actually the only one who looks all right to her age. However, her playful personality makes her seem far younger then she is.
In novel, she actually looked far younger and had a lolier voice. Imagine how VN players felt when they saw grow up Cal.

But seriously, why are we discussing ages in an anime? 95% of anime's don't care to potray them and Phantom already proved that it doesn't care much about it either.
Old 2009-08-21, 03:05   Link #1139
Slick_rick

Spoiler for Episode 21:
Old 2009-08-21, 03:12   Link #1140
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Spoiler for Episode 21:
Spoiler for About ep21:

Tags