AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-23, 10:22   Link #1281
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Maybe that's why it's called deceiving? To deceive people even though they know you are not to be trusted? Just like Sycthe did countless times. So boring repeating same things over and over again, and that's why I'm gonna stop now.

@ miroku2192, that I agree, about Zwei being cunning with Claudia, she was being cunning with him, he never was with her though he was using her as well as means to live, Zwei had something Ein and Drei don't have, that is people always getting interested in him for some reason or another.
Well Claudia couldn't have possibly "took a liking" or pretended to with Ein because of Ein's personality, she wasn't usable. She wouldn't betray SM easily. Drei's too set out on her own goal, and wasn't in the same state as Zwei.

Only reason Zwei was taken over soo easily is because he was still in the zone of "missing a personality", missing his "identity" when Claudia "came to the rescue" from his perspective at least.

So really, it's not that Zwei has something special about him that makes eveyrone like him, it's really the circumstances surrounding him at the time that makes him the more "likely" candidate for eveyrone else to choose.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 10:33   Link #1282
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
@ Nayrael - That's obvious, I never stated that he has or will ever use it like Scythe and Claudia did.
Well, the post was the reply to Slick Rick, not to you.
Old 2009-08-23, 10:51   Link #1283
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Even if Reiji does have such cunningness, it does not mean that he has the motivation to use it for purposes Scyhte and Claudia use it. However, to some extent the cunningness can be used for assasinating purposes.
You'd have to give me an example of anywhere in the show where he showed cunning on there levels but employed it in a different way. He employed some cunning while talking to Cal when they first met but this was far from elaborate plots that Scythe Master and Claudia operate on. Even then Elen is shown to be as equally skilled in such tasks if not better than him. She was the one who trained him after all.
Old 2009-08-23, 10:58   Link #1284
Oppai

Send a message via MSN to Oppai Send a message via Skype™ to Oppai
I believe that you cannot compare Reiji's cunningness to that Of SM and Claudia.
SM and Claudia's cunningness have to do with manipulating people, I do not remember Reiji ever using his in that way.

Last edited by Oppai; 2009-08-23 at 11:09.
Oppai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 11:06   Link #1285
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Indeed, I never compared him to Sycthe or Claudia nor ever brought the topic up. I was compering him with Ein and Drei and who is better at assassination, Slick_rick you misunderstood my posts, like I said I never compared him to Sycthe or Claudia nor even thought he would be on there levels.
Old 2009-08-23, 11:13   Link #1286
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppai View Post
I believe that you cannot compare Reiji's cunningness to that Of SM and Claudia.
SM and Claudia's cunningness have to do with manipulating people, I do not remembe Reiji ever using his in that way.
Please give me an example of Reiji's cunning then. I'd be glad to hear it. And I don't believe that cunning entails get used or people liking you which were all just byproducts of not him actively seeking out these things for a specific purpose but of circumstances. Ein liking him was in no way cunning. When you employ cunning you do it actively with a purpose. Cal liking him could be called cunning because it was to find out about the incident in which the money was stolen but far from complicated plot and in the end he became as much attached to her as she did which kind of kills the cunning side of the situation.

A huge part of cunning involves manipulation and trickery so I don't think you can separate them so easily.
Old 2009-08-23, 11:16   Link #1287
Slick_rick

Quote:
Indeed, I never compared him to Sycthe or Claudia nor ever brought the topic up. I was compering him with Ein and Drei and who is better at assassination, Slick_rick you misunderstood my posts, like I said I never compared him to Sycthe or Claudia nor even thought he would be on there levels.
Quote:
sometimes Zwei reminds me of Sycthe as to how cunning he really is.
I can read fine. This was in your first post. It is you who needs to remember the things he writes.
Old 2009-08-23, 11:24   Link #1288
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
I can read fine. This was in your first post. It is you who needs to remember the things he writes.
Oh, so now when someone reminds you of someone else means that they are comparing them, being on the same level and they have the same purpose....interesting. LMAO, I said Reiji reminds me of Sycthe but I never said they are on the same level nor they have the same purposes, don't try to put things I never said.
Old 2009-08-23, 11:29   Link #1289
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
You'd have to give me an example of anywhere in the show where he showed cunning on there levels but employed it in a different way. He employed some cunning while talking to Cal when they first met but this was far from elaborate plots that Scythe Master and Claudia operate on. Even then Elen is shown to be as equally skilled in such tasks if not better than him. She was the one who trained him after all.
Spoiler for Ending of Claudia's path (Attop the Hill):
Old 2009-08-23, 11:34   Link #1290
Slick_rick

Quote:
Oh, so now when someone reminds you of someone else means that they are comparing them, being on the same level and they have the same purpose....interesting. LMAO, I said Reiji reminds me of Sycthe but I never said they are on the same level nor they have the same purposes, don't try to put things I never said.
You're trying to skirt the issue. You brought up the topic of Scythe Master and Reiji. Your words are obviously meant to draw a comparsion between the two. You don't same someone is similar to another person without inviting a comparison. That you don't overtly state that there a on the same levels the context of the sentence clearly shows you believe so since next you claim he would be able to manipulate Ein because of this "similarity". You can try to hide behind you words but I'm a pro at word games so please go ahead I'll have fun dissecting them.
Old 2009-08-23, 11:36   Link #1291
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You're trying to skirt the issue. You brought up the topic of Scythe Master and Reiji. Your words are obviously meant to draw a comparsion between the two. You don't same someone is similar to another person without inviting a comparison. That you don't overtly state that there a on the same levels the context of the sentence clearly shows you believe so since next you claim he would be able to manipulate Ein because of this "similarity". You can try to hide behind you words but I'm a pro at word games so please go ahead I'll have fun dissecting them.
I see, sorry for bothering you.
Old 2009-08-23, 11:37   Link #1292
Oppai

Quote:
A huge part of cunning involves manipulation and trickery so I don't think you can separate them so easily.
That is only one definition of cunning. It can also mean resourceful and being able to think quickly. This is what I ment when I said his cunningness cannot be compared to SM and Claudia. While he is also cunning it does not fall in the area of the other two.
Old 2009-08-23, 11:39   Link #1293
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Spoiler for Ending of Claudia's path (Attop the Hill):
Spoiler for For safety:

Quote:
That is only one definition of cunning. It can also mean resourceful and being able to think quickly. This is what I ment when I said his cunningness cannot be compared to SM and Claudia. While he is also cunning it does not fall in the area of the other two.
It can mean that but look back a ZWEI post and you'll see he was talking about manipulation. And even then this type of cunning all the Phantom employ to a high degree.

Quote:
I see, sorry for bothering you.
I'm not a perfect at spelling/grammar I never claimed that but trying to avoid addressing the issue by using it as an escape route is cunning but still pretty pathetic.
Old 2009-08-23, 11:50   Link #1294
Oppai

Quote:
Spoiler for For safety:

It can mean that but look back a ZWEI post and you'll see he was talking about manipulation. And even then this type of cunning all the Phantom employ to a high degree.
If you want an example of manipulation. You can look back at how he was able to keep Cal out of trouble with Inferno and saying that she had talent and would train her as his pupil.
You can also look back at the fight in the docks where he got everyone to trust him by going into battle with just one bullet.
Not very good examples but Im trying .
Old 2009-08-23, 11:51   Link #1295
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

lawl slick why do you even bother with that kid zwei? He's clearly a sore loser and won't accept a loss...instead he ignored my post..the one that destroyed his argument.

And zwei, you do know this is the interweBBBBB right? So what if there are a few mistakes, no one really cares.
Old 2009-08-23, 11:52   Link #1296
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
If you want an example of manipulation. You can look back at how he was able to keep Cal out of trouble with Inferno and saying that she had talent and would train her as his pupil.
You can also look back at the fight in the docks where he got everyone to trust him by going into battle with just one bullet.
Not very good examples but Im trying .
yeah but he was talking about something more of what "reiji" has that others don't. And if you read my post earlier, the only reason it seems like reiji is more liked is BECAUSE of the SIMPLE fact that he was "in teh right place at the rihgt time"
Old 2009-08-23, 11:54   Link #1297
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
lawl slick why do you even bother with that kid zwei? He's clearly a sore loser and won't accept a loss...instead he ignored my post..the one that destroyed his argument.

And zwei, you do know this is the interweBBBBB right? So what if there are a few mistakes, no one really cares.
Maybe because I'm mature enough to state my opinion without wanting to flame or start an argument like both of you are doing? Go ahead, I don't seriously mind, I just stated my opinion, people may like it and people may don't, I seriously don't care.
Old 2009-08-23, 11:54   Link #1298
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Spoiler for For safety:
Spoiler for Attop the Hill:
Old 2009-08-23, 12:01   Link #1299
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well Claudia couldn't have possibly "took a liking" or pretended to with Ein because of Ein's personality, she wasn't usable. She wouldn't betray SM easily. Drei's too set out on her own goal, and wasn't in the same state as Zwei.

Only reason Zwei was taken over soo easily is because he was still in the zone of "missing a personality", missing his "identity" when Claudia "came to the rescue" from his perspective at least.

So really, it's not that Zwei has something special about him that makes eveyrone like him, it's really the circumstances surrounding him at the time that makes him the more "likely" candidate for eveyrone else to choose.
That's because Claudia isn't as cunning as Sycthe, she had no way to make her way through Ein, Sycthe made her completely his.

So you are saying Claudia could have taken over Ein since she was also missing her identity if she revealed it to her? I believe and I'm sure Claudia knew of Ein's origins, so what you are saying is if she revealed it to Ein, she would manipulate her just like Zwei? The reason she choose him is because she knew he would be better than Ein, no matter what happens Zwei will still have his emotions, just like Claudia stated she doesn't want a puppet that's why she likes Zwei, period.
Old 2009-08-23, 12:02   Link #1300
Oppai

Quote:
yeah but he was talking about something more of what "reiji" has that others don't. And if you read my post earlier, the only reason it seems like reiji is more liked is BECAUSE of the SIMPLE fact that he was "in teh right place at the rihgt time"
Wasnt he asking in what ways Reiji used manipulation tactics similar to SM ? I also never said that they liked him more because of those actions, he was only trusted more.

Tags
action, eroge, gunfights, seinen