AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-11, 08:01   Link #1481
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
Age: 24
wait wai wait a darn gosh minute

is this anime really that popular that after episode 1 it already ahs a sub forum? wow this kinda like a new record it very mond blwoing hahaha
__________________
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 08:05   Link #1482
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: For great justice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
wait wai wait a darn gosh minute

is this anime really that popular that after episode 1 it already ahs a sub forum? wow this kinda like a new record it very mond blwoing hahaha
Technically after episode 2, but it may be a record, I haven't been around long enough to know.
__________________

qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 08:09   Link #1483
Aaerul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
I'm still not moved on this series though.

There's nothing shown thus far that will place my opinion on it on par or even better than Haruhi/Lucky Star. Kyoani may be a fan favourite of animes right now, I acknowledge that. Somehow they seem to have that extra oomph in their works.

But an anime that will be remembered and talked about for years to come? I don't think so. It's good but not great at the moment.
There is no need to compare.

Haruhi as a show set out to do what Haruhi originally set out to do, make a show that contain an original premise with a lot of in-depth and clever content. It is set up to run like wildfire once it takes off and be the center of a lot of conversations for years to come.

Lucky Star was a faithful adaptation, bringing out the manga characters' amusing dialogue fully onto animation.

K-on is slice-of-life moe goodness. K-on is made of character eccentrics, unusual complexions, attitudes and personalities, etc. and a lot of charm.

When you say that "There's nothing shown thus far that will place my opinion on it on par or even better than Haruhi/Lucky Star", well that's like saying apples are better than oranges. Obviously apples can't be better than oranges. Apples taste like apple and is good for being apple. Oranges? I like that too for being orangey. You speak as though X > Y because X=2 and Y=1. This is not mathematics.

Each of these shows are Exactly the way they are presented and are extremely good at being what they are. They have different goals. We should praise or discredit shows for what they are and how well they were executed.
Aaerul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 08:21   Link #1484
risingstar3110
Dead Master ★ BRS
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
There is no need to compare.

Haruhi as a show set out to do what Haruhi originally set out to do, make a show that contain an original premise with a lot of in-depth and clever content. It is set up to run like wildfire once it takes off and be the center of a lot of conversations for years to come.

Lucky Star was a faithful adaptation, bringing out the manga characters' amusing dialogue fully onto animation.

K-on is slice-of-life moe goodness. K-on is made of character eccentrics, unusual complexions, attitudes and personalities, etc. and a lot of charm.

When you say that "There's nothing shown thus far that will place my opinion on it on par or even better than Haruhi/Lucky Star", well that's like saying apples are better than oranges. Obviously apples can't be better than oranges. Apples taste like apple and is good for being apple. Oranges? I like that too for being orangey. You speak as though X > Y because X=2 and Y=1. This is not mathematics.

Each of these shows are Exactly the way they are presented and are extremely good at being what they are. They have different goals. We should praise or discredit shows for what they are and how well they were executed.
While i completely agree with your post, i think you missed the "my opinion" in his line. He could means his opinion on the entertainment value, the degree of interest he have, or simply the overall rating that he personal gave out to each series.

As what i understands he said something more like " to me , apples are better (in taste, price value, colour......) than orange" instead of simply comparing which fruit is superior
__________________
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 09:21   Link #1485
Peanutbutter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
When you say that "There's nothing shown thus far that will place my opinion on it on par or even better than Haruhi/Lucky Star", well that's like saying apples are better than oranges. Obviously apples can't be better than oranges. Apples taste like apple and is good for being apple. Oranges? I like that too for being orangey. You speak as though X > Y because X=2 and Y=1. This is not mathematics.
There's a sizeable faction out there who's been going around proclaiming how K-On! has been better than Haruhi/Lucky Star without producing an argument that can convince me. I see it as "near-blindness" of a series simply because of a few factors, i.e, it's Kyoani, the girls are moe, charming etc.

As I said, and this is entirely my opinion, I haven't seen anything that convinces me to join or be part of this sizeable faction. I'm wary of people who are already comparing different series when it's only 2 episodes in.

I may have given the wrong impression with my above post that I'm actually part of the group that's comparing the Kyoani series. In fact, I'm not. On the contrary, I'm trying not to compare them at all and I'm kinda irritated by those who are already doing so even though it's just two episodes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosign View Post
Each of these shows are Exactly the way they are presented and are extremely good at being what they are. They have different goals. We should praise or discredit shows for what they are and how well they were executed.
I agree with the view that one should praise or discredit shows for what they are, that is, on their own merit. As I mentioned above, I'm kinda irritated by people who are not doing so.

I like to remain neutral to whether K-On! has been extremely good at how it is presented and fare thus far. Too strong a view in my opinion. I prefer to use "It's good so far, alright thus far, pleasant two episodes in".

Lastly, in case there are people who have the view that I'm out to be negative towards this series, I like to express that I have the hots for Mio (for her long black hair and the ED).
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 10:48   Link #1486
NeoSam
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
meh wouldn't think anyone would have a sub out so quickly, not even for speedsubbers. I'd give it a few days or till at least the end of the week.


also I too wonder why theres a "seinen" tag?


oh and I know about SaintessHeart's anitcs over at Sora Kake, thing is I actaully forgot to mention I would pick Honoka as mai waifu
As was mentioned its published in a seinen manga magazine. But its not any seinen manga magazine, its a magazine that serializes moe 4-panel manga and is aimed at the male otaku.

Houbunsha publishes 4 manga magazines that are aimed at the male otaku, three of them serialize moe 4-panel manga.

These seinen(young men's) moe manga magazines are:

Manga Time Kirara (male oriented moe 4-panel manga magazine)
Manga Time Kirara Carat (male oriented moe 4-panel manga magazine)
Manga Time Kirara MAX (male oriented moe 4-panel manga magazine)
Manga Time Kirara Forward (not a 4-panel manga magazine, but is a male oriented moe manga magazine)

So yeah K-ON! is a seinen(young men) oriented moe 4-panel manga.
__________________
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 11:22   Link #1487
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
Age: 24
i see

so that is why this anime get subbed pretty quickly cuz its like a marketing strategy

or am i wrong here??

anyway who finds yui's innocence and naivety a bit annoying at time but still moe enough to pass it off
__________________
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 12:14   Link #1488
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
There's a sizeable faction out there who's been going around proclaiming how K-On! has been better than Haruhi/Lucky Star without producing an argument that can convince me. I see it as "near-blindness" of a series simply because of a few factors, i.e, it's Kyoani, the girls are moe, charming etc.
Just to justify myself....
I don't know about Haruhi, but I'm comparing it to Lucky Star because they're both 4koma adaptations, and so their episodes will be similar, with a lot of segmented jokes, and they both aim to be funny, moe, slice-of-life anime. That being said, Lucky Star felt too segmented for me, while K-On! also feels like the school life part of Clannad, where there's some continuity. That's why I'm preferring K-On! so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
i see

so that is why this anime get subbed pretty quickly cuz its like a marketing strategy

or am i wrong here??

anyway who finds yui's innocence and naivety a bit annoying at time but still moe enough to pass it off
No, it's getting subbed quickly because it's popular.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 13:07   Link #1489
NekoCharge15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Yui played the Precious Castanet


Parody of Marisa stole the Precious thing
NekoCharge15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 13:11   Link #1490
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 33
WHen I heard the mention of castanets, I was thinking of this...


(I got the version of Medieval 2: Total War that came with the OST CD, you see.)
__________________
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 14:26   Link #1491
Amber.Dawn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: A small unobtrusive hut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoCharge15 View Post
Yui played the Precious Castanet


Parody of Marisa stole the Precious thing
So...catchy. Yet, rather annoying. Can't stop watching.
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 15:27   Link #1492
DidCart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
You know... I watched the first episode last week and I can't say if I liked it or not.
It's cute, dumb and casual... just like a Wii. :P

But I'll continue to watch.
DidCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 15:29   Link #1493
Deryns
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
I've watched both episodes and think I'll stay. Nice characters, good laughs and so far decent story.
Deryns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 20:25   Link #1494
gsquared
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LA-Taiwan
Age: 23
i'm hopelessly addicted to this series. love all the characters and the clumsy yui ...certainly can count me a fan as of the first 2 eps.
gsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 21:19   Link #1495
aorta
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
As was mentioned its published in a seinen manga magazine. But its not any seinen manga magazine, its a magazine that serializes moe 4-panel manga and is aimed at the male otaku.

Houbunsha publishes 4 manga magazines that are aimed at the male otaku, three of them serialize moe 4-panel manga.

These seinen(young men's) moe manga magazines are:

Manga Time Kirara (male oriented moe 4-panel manga magazine)
Manga Time Kirara Carat (male oriented moe 4-panel manga magazine)
Manga Time Kirara MAX (male oriented moe 4-panel manga magazine)
Manga Time Kirara Forward (not a 4-panel manga magazine, but is a male oriented moe manga magazine)

So yeah K-ON! is a seinen(young men) oriented moe 4-panel manga.
Are the only other works from these magazines to be made into anime Dōjin Work and Hidamari Sketch?
__________________
Yes! Change the World!
aorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 21:24   Link #1496
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Do you really give a damn?
Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Episode one: "Man, this is boring. If the rest of the series is as plain and uneventful as this, I'm not going to bother."
Episode two: *raises eyebrows*

Perhaps I will give this anime a fair chance for the time being, not that I'm expecting anything amazing.
__________________
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 21:38   Link #1497
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by aorta View Post
Are the only other works from these magazines to be made into anime Dōjin Work and Hidamari Sketch?
GA Gekijutsuka Art Design Class and Kanamemo are getting adaptations this year.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 01:06   Link #1498
deffusse
otaku[SK]
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Slovakia
Age: 30
own subforum after 2 ep?? Isn't it too early? Yeah the show is great and I like it but....
deffusse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 01:35   Link #1499
Amber.Dawn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: A small unobtrusive hut.
Well, it is popular enough for one =P.

Though you have to admit, this show has a captivating charm.
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 01:38   Link #1500
kimholm
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Watched this yesterday, and the next thing that happends is that animesuki has an own section for it. I'm happy now.
kimholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, kyoto animation, light music, moe, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.