AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-03-23, 20:41   Link #161
E_I
Yuri fan

I doubt there will be any romance. From the looks of the scans I've seen, the girls are paired off with each other. Guitarist/bassist and drummer with the keyboardist. I'm not suggesting any yuri though. It'll probably be platonic.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 20:45   Link #162
[Sakuretsu]
(・ω・)

It's just a slice-of-life pandering to moefags dude.

Well if there's a romance, I'd say it's waifu-claiming. :3

Oh yeah, lookin' forward to this show and OST/Songs too.
[Sakuretsu] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 20:46   Link #163
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
I doubt there will be any romance. From the looks of the scans I've seen, the girls are paired off with each other. Guitarist/bassist and drummer with the keyboardist. I'm not suggesting any yuri though. It'll probably be platonic.
Tell that to the fans. XD

... since it's my first post in this topic I may as well say I'm rather looking forward to this as a nice, laid back, slice-of-life comedy diversion.
Old 2009-03-23, 23:00   Link #164
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

I just had a look at scanlations of the first couple of manga chapters over at [a site that lists licensed scanlations and so can't be named], and were they ever cute!
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-03-23 at 23:31. Reason: Removed reference to site
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 03:33   Link #165
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Another Lucky Star, another ho hum slice of life, no consequence anime.
Old 2009-03-24, 04:07   Link #166
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Does that mean good or bad?

Hmmm, how many of these "o hum slice of life, no consequence anime" do we have? Not much I think, doesn't that mean its good?

Unless you prefer to have more non slice of life, consequential anime, like 99% of all anime other there.

We're also not sure what the anime is going to be like yet.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 04:43   Link #167
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

I wouldn't mind something like Manabi Straight or Sketchbook. Both made me feel really sentimental.

qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 10:12   Link #168
E_I
Yuri fan

Gah. I can't find good scans of this show for wallpaper (Yes, I've tried all the image board sites). Hopefully Megami will have some good posters in the new issue.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 19:23   Link #169
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Another Lucky Star, another hilarious and emotionally deep anime. I hope.

By the way, thanks to relentlessflame for removing my earlier reference to a site that shall not be referenced.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Old 2009-03-24, 19:32   Link #170
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Hilarious? Maybe. Emotionally deep? Hard to say.

I checked the manga just to get the feeling. It is funny in some parts but the emotional feed is not there. What is after the ha ha? Nothing.

I don't feel anything after I finish reading the comic.

Hence my comment that it is a ho-hum anime that is mainstream, did not push the boundaries of what is possible with anime. Kyoto Animation is playing safe by focusing on these type of shows. Smart people.

Commercially sensible show, just like Lucky Star.

(wearing fireproof suit after this entry)
Old 2009-03-24, 19:50   Link #171
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Lucky Star was a very successful financial venture, because it specifically targeted the audience most likely to go out and buy stuff based on it. (aka hardcore otaku)

This one feels a lot more like Hyakko, from what little I've seen of it.

qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 20:17   Link #172
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
Hilarious? Maybe. Emotionally deep? Hard to say....
Fair enough. I found the relations among the characters in LS, and the acceptance of their foibles, somewhat deep. Deeper than a lot of dramas that think they're deep, anyway.

There's no doubt, however, that the commercial success was based on moe and goods. And I'd be lying if I said the moe wasn't part of my own enjoyment, too.

I haven't read much of any of these manga, but I can see qmeister's idea that this has some Hyakko about it. Maybe not quite so bizarre.

I loved SHnY and liked LS quite a bit, but I found myself wandering away from Clannad, and Munto2 just isn't in a genre I like much. I think all KyoAni shows have an aura of quality about them, but maybe the most recent shows are missing a spark.

I'm eager to see what the new director will do with this show.
Old 2009-03-26, 20:30   Link #173
Falkor

hey Kaoru, you are not the only one who likes the manga... it's really cute and funny

it seems that some cool guys have uploaded/subbed the new trailer found at the end of the latest episode of Clannad. Yeah, more footage of the anime, actually featuring the voice acting!

It's looking really good, and I love every second of Ritsu's voice. :P
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 21:07   Link #174
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I am cool if this end up being like Lucky Star. I have no problem whatsoever with slice of life either, so yaaay to that as well!
Old 2009-03-26, 21:16   Link #175
Midonin
Last Engage

Covers to the OP/ED singles.

"Cagayake! GIRLS" Limited/Regular

"Don't say "lazy"" Limited/Regular

And a third single - "Fuwafuwa Jikan" - appeared on Getchu today, to be released May 8th.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 21:18   Link #176
typhonsentra

I'm not feeling the art from the new PV. The first quicky promo looked more promising (Close to Kannagi quality) but now that we have a better look it's kinda flat, and something's off about their eyes.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 21:20   Link #177
Crisano

I saw the new trailer. The footage made it seem like K-ON! was a visual novel, but that was mostly because of the camera angles and lack of movement from the characters. The animation does not impress me, but the I think the background art complements the character design and looks good. I personally am less enthusiastic about this series.

I agree with typhonsentra, basically.
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 21:52   Link #178
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

It looks slightly flatter than Kannagi to me also. But it could be just that we are seeing a 30 second promo and they crammed as much character shots in that they could to get the point of the series across.
Old 2009-03-26, 22:21   Link #179
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

K-ON! is definitely going to be on my watching list after watching the trailer in Youtube.
Old 2009-03-26, 23:20   Link #180
herbert

... haven't been posting in anime threads for so long and I forgot the rules here...

Alright, I opened a thread in manga sub-forum so we can talk those spoilerish things over there.

Tags
comedy, kyoto animation, light music, moe, seinen