AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-25, 15:36   Link #221
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Well it would definitely be nice if more anime had often outfit changes.

And, the seifuku being the exception of course... why do you think it is used in so many anime? Cheaper, I guess. And the moe thing too <3

But either way I am looking forward to Kobato, even though the animation looks disappointing from the trailer. But I'm loving the OP!

You've got to run like an antelope, out of control ~ !
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 06:52   Link #222
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Just to be sure, what I meant was that changing clothes as the days change ought to be the norm in anime, not a special event worth noting in a special announcement. (Daily use uniforms being the exception to the changing clothes rule, of course.) I wasn't knocking CLAMP for changing Kobato's clothes each episode rather than knocking all the other anime series that don't make such changes.
Isn't that pretty much every series that hardly changes clothes? Heck off the top the only character I remember with a lot of changes is Sheryl from Macross Frontier... She had like 20+ different costumes.. pic I linked doesn't cover the last six eps.. anyway the rest of the cast was the general 2-4...

Maybe its the shows I watch but I don't really see much changes of clothes.. maybe RahXephon was another that did it well... I sort of remember an interview on the dvd where they talked about doing that.

I guess it is noteworthy in a way...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 09:32   Link #223
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Maybe its the shows I watch but I don't really see much changes of clothes.. maybe RahXephon was another that did it well... I sort of remember an interview on the dvd where they talked about doing that.

I guess it is noteworthy in a way...
OT: Ghost Hunt is a show where the cast regularly changed clothes. What impressed me even more than that fact alone was the way the clothes changed when the team was on an assignment away from home. During those times, the characters clothing was mixed and matched from 2 or 3 basic outfits. That gave the impression that the characters had brought 2 or 3 tops and 2 or 3 bottoms (pants/skirts/shorts) with them and choose from those pieces to make a different ensemble each day. Just like you would do in real life if you were on travel and living out of a suitcase for a week or so.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 10:03   Link #224
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

There's no anime with more clothing changes than Suzumiya Haruhi, I have all the fanbooks to prove it.

And its not just the girls, the guys and even the extras all have dozens of sets of clothes.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 10:06   Link #225
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

^ Very true, even with the uniform theme, all of the time they spend together outside of school they have on different outfits. I was always impressed by that aspect of the show.

You've got to run like an antelope, out of control ~ !
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 10:29   Link #226
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
OT: Ghost Hunt is a show where the cast regularly changed clothes. What impressed me even more than that fact alone was the way the clothes changed when the team was on an assignment away from home. During those times, the characters clothing was mixed and matched from 2 or 3 basic outfits. That gave the impression that the characters had brought 2 or 3 tops and 2 or 3 bottoms (pants/skirts/shorts) with them and choose from those pieces to make a different ensemble each day. Just like you would do in real life if you were on travel and living out of a suitcase for a week or so.
Actually I was going to say Ghost Hunt as well since I'm watching it but I hadn't noticed the characters mixing up the tops and bottoms.....

Anyway, I remember reading that CLAMP actually ran out of outfits for Sakura pretty fast because there was so many. I can't see that happening with Kobato though, she has at least one different outfit each chapter plus another outfit on the cover page.
Oh and that article (can't remember if someone said this) said that the change in seasons is also going to be important to the story. And since the exam chapters covered from fall to summer I think (I remember a Christmas episode, New Years, Valentines day, cherry blossom, and the summer heat) I guess this means we'll see all the exam chapters. Also reminds me that one of the later chapters mentioned that Kobato has a time limit to heal all those hearts, grrr, I want the anime to start already!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 10:33   Link #227
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Actually I was going to say Ghost Hunt as well since I'm watching it but I hadn't noticed the characters mixing up the tops and bottoms.....
Continued OT: Mai is the character who most obviously mixes & matches tops and bottoms. Check out the doll house arc especially.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 14:26   Link #228
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Oh and that article (can't remember if someone said this)!
Yep i said it a page back.
Old 2009-09-28, 04:33   Link #229
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

So I read the synopsis on Wiki and to me is sounds quite boring. I admit I didnt read the whole thread but seeing that Kobato is a highly anticipated series can someone tell me what makes Kobato good? Without spoilers if possible.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 05:03   Link #230
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
So I read the synopsis on Wiki and to me is sounds quite boring. I admit I didnt read the whole thread but seeing that Kobato is a highly anticipated series can someone tell me what makes Kobato good? Without spoilers if possible.
Without spoilers? Alrighty.

-Classic CLAMP writing. Believe me if you've experienced a past CLAMP work, then you should be able to appropriate this one.

-Kobato's bubbly personality is very adorable, and also very enjoyable to see in action. Especially when she interacts with the people around her.

-Ioryogi is one hilarious side-kick character.

-Plenty of warm and fuzzy moments that shall melt your heart.
Old 2009-09-28, 10:32   Link #231
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

And I would add to Shiroth's list the possibility of a good subplot, for me having multiple subplots that are well managed makes the story that much better.
Old 2009-09-28, 20:40   Link #232
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

I know nothing about this show, but that blue dog thing is creepy.

But the character art got my attention. (1st thing I look for in an anime)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 11:25   Link #233
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

The first four episode titles have popped up and are (loosely translated I believe):
Episode 1 - ...Wishing Girl. (…願う少女。)
Episode 2 - ...Sparkling Konpeitou. (…コンペイトウの輝き。)
Episode 3 - ...Rain's Present. (…雨の贈りもの。)
Episode 4 - ...Green Leaf's Heart. (…青葉のときめき。)

Also have an interview with the cast here.
Old 2009-10-01, 11:38   Link #234
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hoping for a translation of that interview pretty soon.
Old 2009-10-01, 20:14   Link #235
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

And to finish up with the Kobato info for the day apparently amazon jp has the ending song listed as "JELLYFISH no Kokuhaku" (ジェリーフィッシュの告白), something like "Jellyfish's Confession". Thanks to the clamp_now lj for all the info!
Old 2009-10-06, 05:31   Link #236
Leo Keichi

It looks like the first episode is about to air. But I'll wait for the subs first. I don't like seeing something when I can understand nothing of what the characters are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistypearl View Post
Just read up to the current manga chapter, and it's definately cute. I'll probably watch this and see how it plays out. Kobato's really just darling

Also, why is there a period after the title? For some reason it's really bugging me ._.
I made a theory about this dot after the tiltle. Before being serialized on Newtype magazine, the series had the name of Kobato (temporary). So, this dot now may mean that the new version is the definite one.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 07:48   Link #237
ReaderT

Kobato's Opening and Ending!

ReaderT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 07:52   Link #238
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

That OP is fantastic. All those different costumes~
Old 2009-10-06, 07:59   Link #239
SidVicious
Anime addict

She reminds me of Sakura (the Cardcaptor) in the OP.
Old 2009-10-06, 08:51   Link #240
sirn
レス乞食

The first episode is pretty good though I never read the manga. I really like Hanazawa Kana's acting as Kobato, never think her voice would work for a character like this but it does and her singing also got a lot better than Sekirei days. Ioryogi is also hilarious. I like this.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, clamp, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen