AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-11, 21:14   Link #761
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
After seeing the episode (subs were late this time weren't they?) I'm not quite sure WHAT Madhouse was thinking. It was like they couldn't think of enough material so they had Ioryogi's adventures as a chance to do a semi-parody of a shonen anime. This anime is staring to feel like another case of "If you didn't have enough material, why didn't you make it 13 episodes?!"
And did anyone see what next week's episode is? I forgot to stick around for the preview.
I thought that too, but...

Spoiler for Episode 17:

Rating: 8.6/10
Old 2010-02-11, 23:42   Link #762
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

watanuki... wait does that mean kobato and xxxholic universe is the same one???
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 23:55   Link #763
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

RE: Tsubasa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Eh just go with the manga for this one. The anime was alright, though it didn't do the original justice at all.
I found a scanlation of it. I read the first 3 chapters and it seems pretty good. The anime follows those chapters fairly close. I'm not really much of a manga reader, but I'll give it a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
watanuki... wait does that mean kobato and xxxholic universe is the same one???
Uhm... you might want to go back and try reading the last two pages.
Old 2010-02-12, 01:14   Link #764
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Did they full those air guns with black powder because it sounded like it
Old 2010-02-12, 01:56   Link #765
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Did they full those air guns with black powder because it sounded like it
I think that was just done for dramatic effect. From Ioryogi's fearful perspective, the sound may have seemed exaggerated.
Old 2010-02-12, 13:01   Link #766
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
And did anyone see what next week's episode is? I forgot to stick around for the preview.
Nothing important.
Old 2010-02-12, 13:35   Link #767
LKK

I've always found Kobato's previews to be among the most useless ones around. It's nearly impossible for me to get any sense of the upcoming episode from those little windows in the bottle scenes. Which is a roundabout way of saying, I don't remember what the previews for the next episode were.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 16:15   Link #768
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Oh, I never saw more than a few episodes of the xxxHolic anime (Watanuki's spazzing is so much easier to deal with when there's no sound) but his voice really reminded me of Shinra from DRRR. XD And I heard some fans of Holic had a hard time recognizing him here since he did sound different, anyway, that's about my only other observation of the episode.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 16:26   Link #769
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Oh, I never saw more than a few episodes of the xxxHolic anime (Watanuki's spazzing is so much easier to deal with when there's no sound) but his voice really reminded me of Shinra from DRRR. XD And I heard some fans of Holic had a hard time recognizing him here since he did sound different, anyway, that's about my only other observation of the episode.
He did sound a little different, though obvious to tell that it was Fukuyama Jun.
Old 2010-02-16, 22:35   Link #770
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for episode 18!:

And I believe the title of episode 20 is something along the lines of "...The boy who travels," and since it's anime original, anyone else thinking a TRC crossover?
Old 2010-02-17, 06:05   Link #771
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 18:

Quote:
And I believe the title of episode 20 is something along the lines of "...The boy who travels," and since it's anime original, anyone else thinking a TRC crossover?
It's the episode wrote by Ohkawa, and i hear it's about Valentines Day, so hard to say at this point.
Old 2010-02-17, 06:40   Link #772
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 18:
See, I told ya.

Spoiler for ep 18:

Is Kobato considered a shojo title?

Last edited by orion; 2010-02-17 at 06:52.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 09:52   Link #773
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I find it very telling of how Fujimoto has changed considering the irony that it was Mr. Husband himself who pointed out that calling him to talk was "not like him at all." He has been very civil to her when you think about it. Whether or not Fujimoto has truly realized the reason for the slow changes in his personality is probably too early to tell, but for viewers the answer is plainly obvious.

Aaaand I guess she really isn't the type of girl to pick up on what Domoto tried to say, for better or for worse. I assume he practiced that in front of a mirror or something.

I guess my only real concern at this point is that given the premise that Kobato has only 4 seasons and a bottle to fill and that according to the Wiki the manga is still ongoing, I worried about the remaining episodes will bridge this gap. I mean assuming Kobato's quest is central and is the limiting factor and the story, if the original isn't finished yet and the anime ends in 6 weeks it might not get a satisfactory conclusion, unless the story extends beyond 4 seasons and/or there's a likely need for a second airing season.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 09:54   Link #774
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Erm, good question. It runs in Newtype and I've seen it classified as comedy, romance, slice of life, adventure, and fantasy. But it is CLAMP so everyone knows there will be romance in it anyway. But since it seems to focus more on Kobato's quest than romantic intrigue I wouldn't call it shojo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I guess my only real concern at this point is that given the premise that Kobato has only 4 seasons and a bottle to fill and that according to the Wiki the manga is still ongoing, I worried about the remaining episodes will bridge this gap. I mean assuming Kobato's quest is central and is the limiting factor and the story, if the original isn't finished yet and the anime ends in 6 weeks it might not get a satisfactory conclusion, unless the story extends beyond 4 seasons and/or there's a likely need for a second airing season.
Personally I think it's heading towards an anime-original ending simply because Kobato's quest is much more advanced here than it is in the manga. Hmm, is it just me or does CLAMP not have a lot of luck with faithful adaptations?
Old 2010-02-17, 10:13   Link #775
LKK

Quote:
But since it seems to focus more on Kobato's quest than romantic intrigue I wouldn't call it shojo.
A shoujo title does not have to have romantic intrigue in order to be a shoujo title. For example, Natsume Youjinchou is a shoujo title. There is no romantic intrigue in it that I've noticed. The categories shoujo, shounen, josei, and seinen refer to the age and gender of the primary intended audience. They do not indicate genre or style or plot. Because Newtype's intended audience crosses several of the age & gender categories, I would call it a general audience-oriented magazine. Consequently, Kobato is a general audience manga because it runs in a general audience-oriented magazine.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 10:26   Link #776
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
A shoujo title does not have to have romantic intrigue in order to be a shoujo title. For example, Natsume Youjinchou is a shoujo title. There is no romantic intrigue in it that I've noticed. The categories shoujo, shounen, josei, and seinen refer to the age and gender of the primary intended audience. They do not indicate genre or style or plot. Because Newtype's intended audience crosses several of the age & gender categories, I would call it a general audience-oriented magazine. Consequently, Kobato is a general audience manga because it runs in a general audience-oriented magazine.
But Kobato features female provider households, an angry ex and now a love triangle. Hardly shonen fare imo. It feels like it's waving a shojo flag imo.
Old 2010-02-17, 11:15   Link #777
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
is it just me or does CLAMP not have a lot of luck with faithful adaptations?
It's hardly CLAMP's fault that the adaptations are made while the source material is still on going . Still we've had some pretty decent adaptations, like CCS and X.

& i wouldn't call Kobato shoujo just because it has a little bit of romance in it . LKK is pretty much spot on.
Old 2010-02-17, 14:06   Link #778
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Personally I think it's heading towards an anime-original ending simply because Kobato's quest is much more advanced here than it is in the manga. Hmm, is it just me or does CLAMP not have a lot of luck with faithful adaptations?
In the manga does Kobato have the time limit we have in the anime?
Old 2010-02-17, 14:07   Link #779
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
In the manga does Kobato have the time limit we have in the anime?
No, that's anime original.
Old 2010-02-17, 14:08   Link #780
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Figures, was a pretty strangling move for a warm hearted story like Kobato.

Tags
adventure, clamp, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen