AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-24, 18:26   Link #921
Divaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Usagi still scares the crud out of me here, that little giggle just makes me shiver. So, 23, I hadn't given much thought to the idea that Kobato might be dead but then again, none of the CLAMP works so far have touched on where the dead go so there wasn't much to speculate on (so I guess the dead don't eat either? How odd, are there any Japanese folk tales that say this?).
Hope the subs come out for 24 soon!
Subs for 24 have been out.
Divaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 18:28   Link #922
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

i don't think it necessarily has to work that way. kobato's soul could have gone back in time or her memories/will could have been passed onto the grandaughter at the point in time fujimoto met her again.
Seravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 19:10   Link #923
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Okay found the subs for 24, I'll put a spoiler in just in case
Spoiler for the ending!:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 20:38   Link #924
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Spoiler for Finale:
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 21:34   Link #925
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoguht View Post
Just one question, which follows on from Kobato looking (and sounding) quite a bit younger at the end. Fujimoto studied law, which is a long course, plus he may have only been doing it part-time because he needed to work so much to fund his studies. Then he was working at the law company for 4 years after he qualified. So, on the assumption that when Kobato vanished in Fujimoto's arms she was at that moment reborn, how old would that make her now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seravy View Post
i don't think it necessarily has to work that way. kobato's soul could have gone back in time or her memories/will could have been passed onto the grandaughter at the point in time fujimoto met her again.
Or gone back in time to when the granddaughter was conceived and got born into this world. Kobato has to be a minimum of 20 yo to inherit without a trustee imo.

Now the thing with Fujimoto is that he was already in law school during Kobato's 4 seasons. From this directory, it looks like Japanese law school starts in the university after high school. So he graduated at age 22, passed bar, 2 years of extra training (now 24 yo), pass another exam, and worked at a firm for 4 years (now 28 yo if he wasn't special and got out fast).

Lookin' good for an old man.

Last edited by orion; 2010-03-24 at 21:54.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 21:35   Link #926
ila
Asian Zing

Send a message via AIM to ila
Wow, quite the happy ending to the series. I kind of wish it answered some more questions I had, but I guess I'll just have to see how the manga goes.

Also, all this and not a single appearance from Icchan? For shame. :)
ila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 21:58   Link #927
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Christ it's been ages since I threw down here.

Really, there's a part of me that wants to discredit this show for being incredibly predictable towards the end, the similarities it held with Wish (which had better get a god damn anime adaptation at this point, sitting through Kobato was the biggest cock tease for it you know), and questions on why things were done the way they were...

Fuck that.

I loved Kobato's character.

She's happy.

I'm good.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-24, 22:39   Link #928
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well... the series ended a bit more predictable and cliched than I'd have hoped for which kind of brings down the conclusion somewhat, but still a damn fine ending if I do say so myself. I guess my only complaint is that the memory erasure feels a bit too convenient a plot device just to give Fujimoto an episode's worth of soul searching. He could still do it without having to "almost" forget all about her, it's a bit too predictable and a bit too punishing for my tastes but meh.

If it reminds me of anything, besides Wish anyway, it's probably the video game Xenogears: two souls predestined to always meet and be together through every reincarnation cycle. A highly romanticized notion but a very touching one nonetheless.

But fuck all that analytical bullshit. I got teary eyed again once Fujimoto started playing that song on the piano. For all it's worth in cliches I refuse to believe that the girl who inherited the mansion could be anyone else but Kobato, at least spiritually. It's still clearly possible that she was reincarnated as that girl by being placed back in time.

That's why I'm 100% sure it was Kobato at the end. Anything else would be a tragedy if not a travesty.

Best scene of the finale? He figure reappearing on the picture at the end.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 15:31   Link #929
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
I personally think the best was when she started remembering, and when she ran into his arms. That was a really heartwarming yet heartbreaking moment, imo. Rewatching, and crying again. Mom says she thought about it today and her eyes got watery, haha. I think just because it's similar to Wish doesn't mean it should be degraded, it was a wonderful closure to all the hilarious and all the sad moments.
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 16:06   Link #930
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

lesson learned:

dont mess with the bunny
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-25, 19:00   Link #931
WhiteWings

Well, it was fun to go through without things getting hyper complicated like Tsubasa Chronicles. Enjoying things as they are are good.
Old 2010-03-25, 23:57   Link #932
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow it was just so good this is one I must get when it comes out on dvd in the US I teared up at the end
Old 2010-03-26, 02:09   Link #933
Fishcaek-Chan
Victory is taken!

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishcaek-Chan
Spoiler for Kobato ending~:

Fishcaek-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 03:11   Link #934
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

just finish the series and what happen to loryogi + the bakery bear + ginsei
Old 2010-03-26, 04:31   Link #935
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
just finish the series and what happen to loryogi + the bakery bear + ginsei
Basically the writers didn't know what to do, so it left them out of the finale and focused on Kobato and Fujimoto. What we're meant to believe at the ending is that they all stay with their current life.
Old 2010-03-26, 04:59   Link #936
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Whether it be interpretations of the anime writers or the original source's, doesn't really surprise me that a CLAMP show goes back to good old cliche to end things at. It's really weird with CLAMP for me, since the middle of the show tends to get quite muddy and complicated and it always ends rather simply.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 05:00   Link #937
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Whether it be interpretations of the anime writers or the original source's, doesn't really surprise me that a CLAMP show goes back to good old cliche to end things at. It's really weird with CLAMP for me, since the middle of the show tends to get quite muddy and complicated and it always ends rather simply.
That end was far from CLAMP material.
Old 2010-03-26, 05:02   Link #938
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I know. It just seems to gravitate that way either way. It's like the story and the backstories of the characters get too heady a lot of the times. Usually they just go for the expected ending instead of going too boldly with it. I guess it's hard to put too much blame in that sense.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 11:49   Link #939
RedWing

Simplicity rules. Although the last episode wasn't too great, I still say that Kobato proves you can make a great show without complex arching plots.
9/10
P.S Any plans for Blu-ray?
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 21:38   Link #940
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
Episode 23... the first part is obviously light hearted (and quite funny too, it almost seemed like a date), but it goes all dramatic at the end.

Spoiler for Episode 23:

Tags
adventure, clamp, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen