AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2008-12-11, 20:29   Link #41
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
I see no plot development...just an endless string of rather two-dimensional characters fighting each other. The only ones out of the entire group that have gotten some semblance of development are...well, I suppose Hal's trio, Kira, Omaeda and Hisagi. That's it.
Also Komamura... he proved he's ready to go all out if anything's in danger... NOte: he went bankai right away against Kenpachi even though the fight didn't actually happen... and He wasn't gonan fuck around like Tousen.

Soi Fong's Zanpaktou also got some elaboration, referring to a sort of development so to speak..
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 20:31   Link #42
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post
ty nyxone for agreeing with me on my stance of theirs been no plot development going on. The killing of the fraccions doesn't make it plot development in my eyes. Yes they are rising up to stop Aizen but still fight, after fight, afrer fight, after fight, after fight and no relevant correlation to the whole kings key is boring. I'm not one who has been begging for more fights. I like fights to be honest but when its been nothing but fighting for 60+ chapters, it gets kinda of boring and you want some actual story plot to come into play.

Hell I'll take some ichigo development, or Aizen breaking out, or something other than these weaklings taking the spotlight. The fraccions mean nothing to anyone and if this was a full out war, which Im still thinking its not, then everyone would have had their serious "A" games on and just did what they had to do to kill the enemy. Oh enough of me ranting let me enjoy what I'm being given for now and hope for the best in the future.
Ichi's development would also ironically involve fighting...

not only that, but a fight with a horrible result either way.. if he wins.. then CHEAP, Ulquiorra whooped his ass last time... and if he loses... then WTF was the point of ever trying to take on Ulq as if you had a chance on your own.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 20:43   Link #43
lequory
People hate good theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post

not only that, but a fight with a horrible result either way.. if he wins.. then CHEAP, Ulquiorra whooped his ass last time... and if he loses... then WTF was the point of ever trying to take on Ulq as if you had a chance on your own.
we all know in some way shape or form that ichigo is going to get some power up and overcome Ulquiorra. There is too much of an obvious power gap between the 2 to just assume that ichigo will win. He's going to have to get some resolve or some inner world beat down in order to gain either another technique or more power.

I only said "Ichigo Development" because at least something would be going on relevant to the plot. The main character is getting stronger and able to overcome stronger future enemies a.k.a. reaching the goal of overthrowing Aizen. Its forward movement at least. These fraccion fights are feeling like plot stagnation. Characters who mean nothing to the plot, as someone said before me, should not be getting glorious screen time because no one will care whether they live or die.
lequory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 21:38   Link #44
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
I'll take someone getting their ass kicked by a top-tier character over some characters just standing around and praiting like fools about their sob story past any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

You can sig dis.^^

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2008-12-11 at 22:20.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 22:20   Link #45
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Also Komamura... he proved he's ready to go all out if anything's in danger... NOte: he went bankai right away against Kenpachi even though the fight didn't actually happen... and He wasn't gonan fuck around like Tousen.

Soi Fong's Zanpaktou also got some elaboration, referring to a sort of development so to speak..
Actually, Tousen was the first one to agree to release his bankai. Komamura refused to use it...until he saw Kenpachi lay the smackdown on Tousen that is.

Quote:

Yeah, the result is fairly predictable. But lequory has a point that at least Ulq vs. Ichigo will be a milestone fight. Ulq is an enemy that has had good build up. A good part of the reason the recent battles have been mediocre is because the enemies are killed off as soon as they are introduced. Decent designs, but with no story or personality, the enemies seem (and mostly are) disposable. Nobody's interested in seeing what happens to them.

Good battles need the reader to feel some emotion towards the protagonists and the antagonists. The shinigami have been well developed for the most part, but the arrancar (except for some of the Espada) just aren't very interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
You can sig dis.^^
'Tis sig-worthy.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 23:05   Link #46
Slayerx

Quote:
agreed, what Komamura did to the fraccion seemed more or less the same than he did with Kenpachi and Aizen... Tousen gets smacked down and he releases, and he tried to bankai aizen but got Kido'd before the release... All in all, we already knew Komamura was a no nonsense kind of guy when people are in danger... so no development, just re-confirmation of what we already know... and the spoilers from this chapter don't feel like they are showing much development for yamaji, he just spends a whole chapter lecturing a creature that can't hear him and kicking its ass when he could have easily dealt with it

character development from these battles...
Yumichikia- detailed reveal of his zanpactou
Kira- his personal philosophy
Hisagi- Zanpactou release
Ikkaku + iba- hopefully a wake up call to stop f*cking around and bankai already
Komamura- nothing
Omeda- he only acts like an idiot (most of the time)... but no clue WHY
Soi fon- nothing... except seeing her actually kill something with shikai
Hal trio- i guess, but they are gonna die soon and we harly care about them
Masumoto- details of her zanpactou
Momo- she's not completely pathetic anymore
Yamaji- sounds like nothing this chapter

all in all, i guess you could say we've been getting some character development out of all this... however the real problem is that it is mostly very small developments and it's been about 20 chapters of fighting and these are all non major characters and some of them we don't care about; hell we have no attachment to the fraccions so they have been rather uninteresting... All in all, the very little character development we have been getting is being delivered at an annoyingly slow pace; it feels like it's been 90% fighting and only 10% character development

one thing that would help is if the fights that had very little or no character development ended quickly... Komamura, despite him ending it in one blow, it still took like 2.5 chapters from when he showed up, to when they stopped talking about it; Soi fon, even though she could have ended it quickly, decided to dick around; and now Yamaji could end this in a instant, but spends time lecturing... and i don't think we needed 2.5 chapters of yumichika... if we had some fights ended quicker, it would not feel like all these battles have been going on for so long; including the ones that do get dragged longer for the sake of character development

another thing that would have seriously helped would be if the fraccion had recieved prior character development... these characters feel new to us cause we never got to see them in detail before; as such we have no attachment to them at all and thus do not care so much to see them fight... let's look at the vizards by comparison... technically, we don't know if they are gonna be good guys, bad guys or something more gray; hell before the 100 year flashback, we weren't even sure about their strength, but it didn't matter, we wanted to see them... we got enough development out of them that we had grown attached to them... because of that, unlike the fraccion, we will enjoy seeing them in action... and even if the action drags on more than the fraccion fights, we will likely not complain because we WANT vizard action...

developing an attachment to characters is important, and the same goes for villians aswell... as it stands, we have no attachment to the villians here, and do not have a high enough attachment to most of the SS fighters... all in all, we don't care as mcuh about these fights, thus leading the desire for them to end and move on, and making these fights feel like they are dragging on a lot more even though they may not be much longer than fights we saw back in the day.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2008-12-12 at 05:04.
Slayerx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 23:28   Link #47
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post
we all know in some way shape or form that ichigo is going to get some power up and overcome Ulquiorra. There is too much of an obvious power gap between the 2 to just assume that ichigo will win. He's going to have to get some resolve or some inner world beat down in order to gain either another technique or more power.

I only said "Ichigo Development" because at least something would be going on relevant to the plot. The main character is getting stronger and able to overcome stronger future enemies a.k.a. reaching the goal of overthrowing Aizen. Its forward movement at least. These fraccion fights are feeling like plot stagnation. Characters who mean nothing to the plot, as someone said before me, should not be getting glorious screen time because no one will care whether they live or die.
yeah...he'll have some inner epiphany and achieve that level spike of power that Ulq said exceeded his own.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 02:03   Link #48
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

ok so, old man killed beast who was hiding its eyes and mouth.
Old 2008-12-12, 02:46   Link #49
Eleutheria
旅行癖

I read the chapter.

Yes it's one sided

Yes Yamajiji is badass. Utterly so. It appears that he has a few techniques in his released sword... uses one to cleave Aion in half, vertically. It's a technique because the stardard form in manga is to speak the technique's name.

Then he finishes Aion off without even speaking

Yes the art is AMAZING.
Old 2008-12-12, 03:21   Link #50
Jays

The only thing that ran in my mind was "So... how is the anime team gonna pull this one off?".

Yama-ji just gassed that freak, and hopefully he finishes Larry, Curly, and Moe in one fell swoop.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 07:16   Link #51
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Has kubo run out of ideas or he just cant be bothered anymore and decides to show us meaningless fighting, we have yet to see to see anything interesting that
captivates us. after the pendelum arc i haven't seen any major progress in the story, yes a death of an important shinigami is much needed for us to actually realise this war is serious because it just seems like a joke to me after all the hype it had. i know one piece wont dissapoint me because i can clearly see where the story is heading. so far the only fight thats caught my interest is shunsui and stark fight coz it seems fairly evenly matched fight with two great interesting characters. grrrrrrrrr whats kubo doinggggggg, we have yet to see gin/tousen/aizen and other senior captains we rarery see, i have already lost interest in the espada except stark. why do we have watch bunch of fraccions and lame vice captains coz there is better options kubo...there is better options or we might as well see the ichigo fight and see what power up ichigo pulls out of ...

pleaseee vizards come and save us from our misery or ichigo's dad/urahara/yorouichi/loyal guards...anyoneeeee.
Old 2008-12-12, 07:19   Link #52
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

lol I guess Yama doesnt know Allon can't hear.

DOCKING MODE~
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 07:43   Link #53
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
The only thing that ran in my mind was "So... how is the anime team gonna pull this one off?".
They'll just turn Allon's blood to green or purple slime if it bothers the censors too much. Despite Allon being cut in half, the fight wasn't all that "violent". No blood geysers or guts spilling. Plus, Allon's reaction was almost comical. It was really pretty cartoonish stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
lol I guess Yama doesnt know Allon can't hear.
After getting cut in half, you'd think the message would be clear even without hearing.

Anyways, this chapter showed that Allon can change sizes. Which I guess explains the weird drawing from earlier. Yama pwn'd and there was a standard badass pose at the end of the chapter. Should be one more chapter before the WSJ takes a break for the holidays? I hope it's good. Otherwise, we'll have to wait until Jan. before the story picks back up.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 07:50   Link #54
NyxOne

Details of Zanpakuto do not count, in any way, as development.

And...Momo? She got reduced back to a pathetic bloody heap two chapters after her intro. As did Matsumoto.

But I digress. Boy, oh boy...this chapter was...monotonous. Yamajii being 'cool' and Allon screaming like a madman.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 09:43   Link #55
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
awesome badass chapter

great stuff
Ryuuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 09:52   Link #56
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

waste of a chapter, we already knew Yama-ji was uber powerful and wtfpwnbbq.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 10:19   Link #57
Fran~
floating away...

Next! (pls bring back Kubo from vacations... we need some plot here...)
Old 2008-12-12, 10:21   Link #58
NyxOne

Kubo seems wholly intent on dishing out fight scene after fight scene...so plot's gone on its own vacation for quite a while.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 10:56   Link #59
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I think it's just to extend the manga as much as possible.

It's fine by me. More content=better IMO.
Old 2008-12-12, 11:28   Link #60
Fran~
floating away...

Argh... this is full of Fillers in anime to this rythm...
This chapter had nothing to read

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion