AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Old 2008-12-12, 12:35   Link #61
viperx116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
I think it's just to extend the manga as much as possible.

It's fine by me. More content=better IMO.
It needs to be quality content. If Bleach keeps going like this, it should just be cancelled and give room for something better.
viperx116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 12:41   Link #62
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperx116 View Post
It needs to be quality content. If Bleach keeps going like this, it should just be cancelled and give room for something better.
Like I said, IMO. I'm satisfied with what they're doing, I don't expect anyone else to be =D

The way I see it, it's not like there's less plot development at all. We just have to wait longer for the plot development, and there's something decently entertaining till we get said plot development.
Old 2008-12-12, 14:14   Link #63
Ryuuken
Quincy

Send a message via ICQ to Ryuuken Send a message via MSN to Ryuuken Send a message via Yahoo to Ryuuken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Like I said, IMO. I'm satisfied with what they're doing, I don't expect anyone else to be =D

The way I see it, it's not like there's less plot development at all. We just have to wait longer for the plot development, and there's something decently entertaining till we get said plot development.
Seconded =)
Ryuuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 15:01   Link #64
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Kubo isn't doing this for plot development, he's doing it to make up in added screen time for many of the characters who've been thus far ignored or not showcased...We've seen a lot of shit go on in these so-called "worthless" chapters; We've learned of Shuuhei's shikai release, we've seen a hint at Kira's past as a 4th Division and the real reason behind his shikai release, we got to see that Omaeda isn't a worthless fat slob, we've just seen one named technique that Yamamoto can do with his zanpakuto, and if we're lucky, we'll get to see Yamamoto, Ukitake, and Kyoraku go full-out after being shafted during the first Soul Society arc...

What's wrong with giving ignored characters their 15 minutes of fame at the expense of the plot going into suspension?
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 15:07   Link #65
kimholm

He has been using the last months to built up Ichi vs Ulli, Urahara and Vizards so maybe this is his brilliant plan to suddenly hit us with the Bleach super H-bomb of crazy shit happening all at once.
I like Yama, but using 20 or so pages to kill that thing instead of using three pages so the plot can advance is just mean.
kimholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 15:26   Link #66
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

And yet people continue to read it...

And three pages isn't enough to kill Albion - if he did, people would be crying about it just like they did when Captain Fox bankai'ed Po.

When one kills a cockroach, one doesn't use their full power - hell it's a cockroach. You can tell a kid to kill a cockroach and depending on how old the kid is, either they'll do it, or they'll run away. To show the kid who's boss, you decide to take on the evil roach yourself - do you have to? Not really. Can the lil kid do it - sure, but they don't know that and it will take too long to convince them otherwise. Even after one hits it hard enough, chances are, it's still twitching and trying to move around, right? Now whether you keep on hitting it until it stops moving or just let it to die in its own time - that's up to you.
Talking to the cockroach is also optional as well.

PS: I only said this to illustrate a point for Yama-jii.
Old 2008-12-12, 16:15   Link #67
Wargumm1i
Jinchuuriki

Im hoping that Bleach is not going to end anytime soon Also there are so many background and possible plot development, its almost clear its not going to end soon.

I think this is just one of those big fights we get to see like in the Soul Society arc and the Bount arc are about to end.

I have thougth of few possibilitys on what could happen and still keep Bleach ongoing.

1. Aizen escapes when his plot failed to destroy Karakura town.

2. Aizen dies in a big battle with Ichigo and just when Hell Gate open he drags Ichigo with him and next arc is almost like Hueco mundo but rescue Ichigo from hell since he didint die.

3. Aizen turns out to be just a subordinate for another evil character.

Well it may sound absured but still I just dont want to see it end.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 16:33   Link #68
NyxOne

Well, 1, since Aizen is apparently a 'brilliant' mastermind- and him sitting on his ass munching invisible popcorn has left me in doubt- would be somewhat pointless...2 would be downright silly, and three would be stupid because Aizen's the apparent head honcho.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 16:40   Link #69
Hav0kkx

Aizen's going to win so we can have keep on with the plot.

If Aizen gets beaten here, the games over, everyone goes home. That doesn't sell copies.

If Aizen wins, and continues to go to this "Kingdom", we'll have a whole new Royal Guard Arc, and thoroughly exploring the unknown. That sells copies.
Hav0kkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 17:16   Link #70
Wargumm1i
Jinchuuriki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hav0kkx View Post
Aizen's going to win so we can have keep on with the plot.

If Aizen gets beaten here, the games over, everyone goes home. That doesn't sell copies.

If Aizen wins, and continues to go to this "Kingdom", we'll have a whole new Royal Guard Arc, and thoroughly exploring the unknown. That sells copies.
Well i dont think Aizen will win because if he does then all the souls and lives in Karakura town will die making the King´s key.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 17:34   Link #71
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
You are not special
Not even in a bad way
You know these type of things can really hurt a person, right?

OT: I take it back! I take back everything I ever said about Yamaji. He seriously pwned just now. The old dude was total bad ass. Boy pictures do make the difference! More importantly he pwned without the strip show.

I wonder what the crippled avengers will do now. Do you think they'll be missing a limb? Or will they regenerate them? If they do I wonder if it will be back to the original condition? Or will they have burns on them? (Blister, Lesion or something)

I would say "Now if could just go back to HM . How I wish they were fighting in HM ,in the next chapter" But I won't.... since we haven't seen HitsuxHalbel outcome. Nor have we had the ShunsuixStark fights. Out of the latter who do you think is gonna hit first?
Utsukushii Hono'o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 17:42   Link #72
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Thats the only thing i was fearing about having yama fight is that he'd be shirtless again
Old 2008-12-12, 17:47   Link #73
Hav0kkx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Well i dont think Aizen will win because if he does then all the souls and lives in Karakura town will die making the King´s key.
Perhaps, and this is a stretch, Yammy [currently AWOL] finds out where the King's Key is, and then they all jump on Aizen's back and scaddels to the Royal Realms!

I get what your saying, but I'm kinda stuck between this.

If the Soul Society wins, Karakura town is saved, and all the lovable extras are aswell. But then the plot dies, and a defeated Aizen will leave us in need of a Villain. They'll probably bring in some new characters they've never hinted. Or maybe the Vizards become the villains. Or maybe the series end. Idk.

If Aizen wins, then we lose the lovable extras and the town being destroyed will leave a big trouble for the human main characters-- where will they go? I doubt Kubo will go to the extent of destroying Karakura down without having something like "oh they destroyed the fake karakura town. And still got the key. Yeah." However, this will cause the plot to evolve into something interesting-- the very unknown royal realm, and then we'll be able to see the true power they Royal Guards hold.

For some reason, If the latter happens, I think It'll just be like the bount arc, They'll show up, and get killed off one by one too easily.

Either choices are very... unlikely. Kubo better have a good idea for the future plots.
Hav0kkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 17:49   Link #74
NyxOne

And what the hell will the Royal Guards do, except...well...be fodder?
Old 2008-12-12, 18:37   Link #75
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
....drama.
Old 2008-12-12, 18:38   Link #76
NyxOne

So a bunch of guards equals drama?
Old 2008-12-12, 18:43   Link #77
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
not necessarily... one other possibility exists for Aizen's victory
it was pointed out that there already is a key in existance, but only yamaji knows it's where about... they just ASSUME that Aizen would not and could not get the info from yamaji and jump to conclusion that he will make a new one and Aizen has been playing along with that idea

Aizen's real plan is to capture Yamaji and use some kind of ability or possibly even his bankai (whatever it may be), to invade his mind and reveal the location of the already existing King's key... or Aizen found someway of already finding out where the key is (such as using a mind penetrating Bankai or something on Yamaji months ago) and this whole "war" is just a distraction to lure all the captains and VC's out of SS so that Yammi can go fetch the key from it's hiding place (nanoa is the only VC level shinigami who is not present and thus the only thing that might still be left in SS that can fight; unfortunatly even Yammi may be able to handle himself agaisnt someone of VC level)

there ya go, SS defeated, Aizen's plan goes one step further and the town doesn't need to die

Quote:
the royal guards are supposedly comprised of captain level shinigami; not like the gotei which is populated by mostly canon fodder shinigami... And as long as Aizen ends up having plenty of minions, their will be something for those royal guards to fight and defeat aswell (much like how byakuya, mayuri, and Kenpachi all got to wipe an espada each)
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 18:49   Link #78
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
So a bunch of guards equals drama?
There was drama with the Espada, right?
Old 2008-12-12, 18:52   Link #79
NyxOne

As far as I recall, the only drama with the Espada was with Nel being an ex, Ulq being no. 4, and possily Nnoi being Nel's 'sealer'.

And...I'd pass on seeing all the nameless royal guard fighting against Arrancar, thanks.
Old 2008-12-12, 18:56   Link #80
Slayerx

Quote:
And...I'd pass on seeing all the nameless royal guard fighting against Arrancar, thanks.
They'll have names when they show up... we already know the name of one actually
Kirio Hikifune, former captain of the 12 division before urahara... If the vizards become enemies then that will be an interesting encounter for Hiyori; lot's of drama to made from that
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion