AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 26 29.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 34.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 22.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 12.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.12%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-14, 02:34   Link #161
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by satuross View Post
girl kick boys = good comedy

boy kick girls = bad bad bad


does this explain enough? ^_^

afterall, if a girl touches a boy, she cant be accused sexual harrasment. because the police will just laugh at you.
this is how the world moves XD u guys just have to live with it ahhahaa.
Oh really?
Then why don't you go around kicking boys' balls? It's "good comedy" so nothing would happen, wouldn't it?

If something like that would happen to me without reason then the girl must pray to not meet me again for the rest of her life, otherwise her face would be printed on the wall.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 03:03   Link #162
wistfulloner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Oh really?
Then why don't you go around kicking boys' balls? It's "good comedy" so nothing would happen, wouldn't it?

If something like that would happen to me without reason then the girl must pray to not meet me again for the rest of her life, otherwise her face would be printed on the wall.
Chill man, he's referring to the anime world, not the real life.
wistfulloner is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 03:24   Link #163
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Chill man, he's referring to the anime world, not the real life.
He wrote "this is how the world moves" so it's quite clear he's referring to the real world. Learn to read better.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 03:30   Link #164
wistfulloner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
He wrote "this is how the world moves" so it's quite clear he's referring to the real world. Learn to read better.
My bad, but he has to be pretty morally bankrupt to think that way. After all, he didn't make it explicit he's referring to the real world, might be the anime world or both.
wistfulloner is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 03:56   Link #165
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
My bad, but he has to be pretty morally bankrupt to think that way. After all, he didn't make it explicit he's referring to the real world, might be the anime world or both.
If he/she really thinks that a girl kicking a boy in the balls would get away easily he/she has a serious problem of "reality detachment" anyway.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 04:35   Link #166
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
But if he thinks it happens in anime world then he has no such problems.
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 05:43   Link #167
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
But if he thinks it happens in anime world then he has no such problems.
In fact I wrote "If"... next time I'll write IF so people will be forced to read a post properly for a time.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 05:45   Link #168
satuross
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
how the world moves refers to

Quote:
afterall, if a girl touches a boy, she cant be accused sexual harrasment. because the police will just laugh at you.
girl kick boys = good comedy refers to

Quote:
anime world
and i thought i paraphrased that properly...........


We live in the world where girls are more protected then boys. and obviously there are good reasons behind it. afterall, we dont get news on boys getting rap everyday right? afterall, most rapped boys would probably make a yearly anniversary out of it or something.
satuross is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 06:13   Link #169
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by satuross View Post
We live in the world where girls are more protected then boys. and obviously there are good reasons behind it. afterall, we dont get news on boys getting rap everyday right? afterall, most rapped boys would probably make a yearly anniversary out of it or something.
Yeah but there are tons of divorced ex-wives who live on their ex-husbands shoulders for their entire life. That's pitiful at best on the ex-wives' part. Anyway it's enough of the off-topic here.
ipernorris is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 06:34   Link #170
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
ipernorris, in your 'if' you put an empathize upon the reality so you could make that rather spiteful conclusion about the "reality detachment", while I just used the same sentence with if to say that he could easily not thus empathizing the positive side of it - so your problem is?
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 06:40   Link #171
wistfulloner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
Yeah, its getting a bit off topic, lets stay on course.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused with Yuri's intentions.Why did she suddenly go nuts when Haruta was doing the "poll"? She was upset with her uneventful holiday, but what made her so evilly want the class to do a wresting show? Could it be that she's envious of her students and wanted to sabotage their plans?
wistfulloner is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 07:28   Link #172
satuross
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
heh. well, im guessing if you are 30 years old, unmarried, its pretty stressful.

Afterall, even if she get married within the next 2 years, she only have (8 + 0.9 * number of kids) years worth of healthy married life (u will learn it in bio). thats barely 10~12 years for japanese people since most of them WILL limit the number of kids they have.

Unlike guys, i think guys can enjoy their part of a healthy married life until 60 regardless how many kids they have.

In this prospect, her future seems quite dark, regardless the fact that she is trying her hardest in her profession as a teacher (her BF dumped her because of her tax or something). This might explain why she doesnt like kids having fun; jealousy. Crimson red jealousy. heh
satuross is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 07:48   Link #173
wistfulloner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by satuross View Post
heh. well, im guessing if you are 30 years old, unmarried, its pretty stressful.

Afterall, even if she get married within the next 2 years, she only have (8 + 0.9 * number of kids) years worth of healthy married life (u will learn it in bio). thats barely 10~12 years for japanese people since most of them WILL limit the number of kids they have.

Unlike guys, i think guys can enjoy their part of a healthy married life until 60 regardless how many kids they have.

In this prospect, her future seems quite dark, regardless the fact that she is trying her hardest in her profession as a teacher (her BF dumped her because of her tax or something). This might explain why she doesnt like kids having fun; jealousy. Crimson red jealousy. heh
So she got very depressed and decided to take out her anger on her class because of her jealousy
wistfulloner is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 10:01   Link #174
typhonsentra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
It was funny in the books how she kept doing the math in her head on how old her kids will be at each stage IF she got pregnant today. I'm hoping things work out for her in the end even if her antics/black humor have been a great addition to the series so far.
typhonsentra is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 10:27   Link #175
satuross
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Good comedy anime must be filled with disfunctional characters.

Toradora is no exception ^.^
satuross is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 12:42   Link #176
wistfulloner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by satuross View Post
Good comedy anime must be filled with disfunctional characters.

Toradora is no exception ^.^
For Toradora! there's definitely more than one dysfunctional character, in fact, i can count at least three...
wistfulloner is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 13:44   Link #177
satuross
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
note the word filled

that means most of the main cast must be disfunctional ^.^

taiga, minorin, ami certainly fits well. ryuuji maybe 50% disfunctional....and kitamura too. soon enough .

very funny anime's like zetsubou sensei, SnH, SH also follows the same formula.


Contrary to many people saying, i believe Kyon is VERY disfunctional :X in a fun way
satuross is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 14:27   Link #178
stormy001_M1A2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
1. Don't get me wrong people, it is not that I see Taiga's dad as flawless, virtuous person but I do felt a minimum courtesy should be given since he did give allowance to her. A greeting like that is not acceptable.

2. It also bothered me a lot that physical violence by female on males is acceptable. It is not. Taiga is literally doing it in heaps. Sure she has issues and pain but still did not excuse her from that problem.

3. You will need real world examples to understand and love/hate characters, even from anime. How to separate them into exclusive zones when both of the mediums deal with same human issues and feelings? You must have a baseline for something, somehow.

Anyway, I apologize if I offended anyone here but I felt I have to speak out on this thing that keep bugging me for long time as an anime fan. I guess this thread has sliding off road long enough.

Cheers.
__________________
stormy001_M1A2 is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 14:27   Link #179
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Then could you describe what is 'disfunctional' for you?
Darknemo2000 is offline  
Old 2008-12-14, 14:45   Link #180
satuross
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
abnormal i guess?

toradora has...

a hot blooded chibi, a kind cleaning freak, a hyperactive woman who nosebleeds at "horror house" , a double faced, double personality idol, and a H-narcarcist student council president

relatively normal would be something like noto(toradora) , Kunikida(SH), nagasumi's mum (SnH) . generic girl teacher (zetsubou sensei) gah.

looking at this relatively normal list its kinda obvious, normal characters = boring.
in real life, their main role is to pester their coworkers about how they just bought a new pet / how the necklace in the jewel store is expensive / how the neighbouring cubicle dweller sleeps during lunch time and other boring stuff.
satuross is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.