AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-15, 02:40   Link #381
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Pretty moot to justify whether Kaaya is right or wrong when we don't know the reason behind it. However, her reason would probably be the same as Neeba's.

IMO, Jil still havn't let go of Kaaya and will take her back if she wants to. As for Fatina, she seems to be trying too hard to forget about Neeba. She feels betrayed but the feeling is still there so she tried to go with Jil to forget it.

And little Kai is just too cute. Even more so than Coopa. I do wonder what happened to Coopa and Melt though.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 04:00   Link #382
BrokenWingz
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Well, my question on her motivation is quite simple. We saw it clearly during the series that she kept most of the info to herself. She never told anyone about her reasons, not at the start and not at the end. It is safe to assume that she never planned on taking anyone to the second part of the tower right from the start and even at the beginning when the 'I want to protect them' reasoning is not applicable.

She had her reasons why she didn't want to take anyone and that's most certainly not her need of protecting anyone. Neeba just happened to know a lot more then the others and was bound to go to the second part with or without her. Choosing Neeba or should we say, getting stuck with Neeba is the end result. If Neeba didn't know about the second part she would not take him.

My point is, it's not a matter of protecting anyone. Kaaya clearly has a reason why she wants to go the herself and I want to see why. I'm guessing it's because of who she really is and what she wants to do at the top.
I'm surprise you can make such wild allegation. Most of which can't be proven without obtaining future sight. It difficult to know whether kaaya intended to bring anyone along on the final journey, so which reference can you use to say kaaya has no intention. While it may be true that at the begining she intended to finish her task by herself the journey itself has been meaningful towards her in a positive way, a stronger bond can change people in many way and also how would you justify Gilgamesh's sword which whom kaaya gave to Jil. I could be wrong but there is likely to be a strong reason behind it all.

I can simple turn this around and say by not bringing anyone along she is causing no harm to those around here. By bringing her companions along she is putting her companion in greater harm, out of those two instances would say is more hazardous.

You're also questioning her relationship to the group, if Ahmey death didn't mean anything then we wouldn't see an emotional kaaya. Evidently throughout episode 10-12 she ask Jil many times what are his reason for climbing the tower and to think more about the safety of the group. Oddly enough i can think of no reason other then wanting jil to be there with her. Am I wrong to say she was dependant on Jil especially during episode 10 with the illusion and ghost and how Jil promises to protect her.
__________________
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 05:05   Link #383
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philippines
Age: 24
sigh.............................................. .....

debate debate debate............................................ .........

well any way

any one here who wants to see the roppa dance........................AGAIN??
__________________
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 10:12   Link #384
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
I'm surprise you can make such wild allegation. Most of which can't be proven without obtaining future sight. It difficult to know whether kaaya intended to bring anyone along on the final journey, so which reference can you use to say kaaya has no intention. While it may be true that at the begining she intended to finish her task by herself the journey itself has been meaningful towards her in a positive way, a stronger bond can change people in many way and also how would you justify Gilgamesh's sword which whom kaaya gave to Jil. I could be wrong but there is likely to be a strong reason behind it all.
Well, I'm not making an assumption here, I'm stating a fact. If she intended to bring anyone with her she would have told those 'chosen ones' about the second part of the tower. Do you seriously think that it is actually possible for her to take anyone without even telling them there is no Blue Cristal Rod and that they've been risking their lives fighting monsters and the guardian for absolutely nothing? I though it was quite bluntly shown that she had her own agenda while climbing the tower that she refused to share with anyone else.

Of course, a strong bond can change a persons heart but obviously it was not strong enough to have her share her goals with her party. Let me restate that, later on there was too much guilt on her side, especially during Jil's fight for her to say anything. I've already said that for me Kaaya is a soft hearted Neeba with an added option of guilt.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
I can simple turn this around and say by not bringing anyone along she is causing no harm to those around here. By bringing her companions along she is putting her companion in greater harm, out of those two instances would say is more hazardous.
Lets see, she needed a strong party to reach the middle point. If the road up ahead is dangerous she would've had brought her party to the second part. The most probable assumption is that the second part is not so dangerous as the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWingz View Post
You're also questioning her relationship to the group, if Ahmey death didn't mean anything then we wouldn't see an emotional kaaya. Evidently throughout episode 10-12 she ask Jil many times what are his reason for climbing the tower and to think more about the safety of the group. Oddly enough i can think of no reason other then wanting jil to be there with her. Am I wrong to say she was dependant on Jil especially during episode 10 with the illusion and ghost and how Jil promises to protect her.
There are a lot of emotions that run through ones hear especially if they are hiding the truth. Not to mention the fact that Ahmey died fighting a monster for a reason that Kaaya knew was not going to happen. How would you react if someone died for something that you knew was fake?

I may also turn around your point of view and say that she simply wanted to assure her safe arrival at the top of the tower, which I believe is strongly exaggerated.
__________________

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 14:46   Link #385
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
well that was a enjoyable 2nd episode.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2009-01-15 at 15:59. Reason: Fear the spoon of Ki!!!
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 15:45   Link #386
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
well that was enjoyable 2nd episode.
Spoiler:
Going with what Utu said... that may not have been where Ki put the spoon to Fatina.
My only gripe with this episode is apparently Jil doesn't have his old shield, the sword Gilgamesh gave him, or Ahmey's spear anymore. If he had any of them, he would've equipped them. Unless he randomly left them on the top of the tower. >_>

Also, Henaro being a "druid" was a surprise. I was expecting just an archer with a unique weapon. Energy axe for Utu was awesome as well.

(Are spoiler tags really needed since the episode is available now?)
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 15:49   Link #387
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Spoiler for Episode 02:


Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
(Are spoiler tags really needed since the episode is available now?)
Yes because not everyone watches the episode straight away. We stick with spoiler tags for at least two days after the release of the episode.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 15:52   Link #388
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Going with what Utu said... that may not have been where Ki put the spoon to Fatina.
My only gripe with this episode is apparently Jil doesn't have his old shield, the sword Gilgamesh gave him, or Ahmey's spear anymore. If he had any of them, he would've equipped them. Unless he randomly left them on the top of the tower. >_>

Also, Henaro being a "druid" was a surprise. I was expecting just an archer with a unique weapon. Energy axe for Utu was awesome as well.

(Are spoiler tags really needed since the episode is available now?)

lulz....spoon wondered somewhere else then....
well.....not everyone has seen it, as the saying goes it's better to be safe then sorry or something like that.....lulz

Yeah....him being a druid surprised me as well.....
Spoiler for Episode 02:

Is a she? o_O
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:03   Link #389
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Is a she? o_O
I'm not 100% sure, just what i thought.

Edit: Checking the official site, and i see breasts on her. So yep i'm right.

http://www.druaga-anime.com/chara_p2_13.html
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:09   Link #390
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Energy axe for Utu was awesome as well.
Energy axe? More like epic loot plus firery enchant

ep 2
Spoiler:
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:12   Link #391
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 2
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 02:
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:16   Link #392
bayoab
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yes because not everyone watches the episode straight away. We stick with spoiler tags for at least two days after the release of the episode.
The rule is "when subs are available". There is no such 2 day rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Is a she? o_O
The outfit and voice highly suggest that is the case.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:19   Link #393
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
The rule is "when subs are available". There is no such 2 day rule.
I know it's not the rule, it's just how we do things around here. & if you don't know, there are subs straight away on crunchyroll, though that doesn't mean everyone watches this on the day they're released. It's nice to them if we stick with spoiler tags for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
The outfit and voice highly suggest that is the case.
& the fact that i posted her character design from the official site.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:38   Link #394
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Boku-ko, kawaii yo, Boku-ko

Spoiler for ep2:
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:43   Link #395
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Despite the use of "Boku", Henaro is definitely female.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:43   Link #396
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Energy axe? More like epic loot plus firery enchant

ep 2
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


Spoiler for ep2:


The superior girl of the two.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 16:57   Link #397
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
And it only took 12 posts before someone started the Fatina vs Kaaya crap again. Didn't even make it to the end of the day. Is that all this thread is going to be until the series is over? Will it even be finished at that point?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 17:04   Link #398
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And it only took 12 posts before someone started the Fatina vs Kaaya crap again. Didn't even make it to the end of the day. Is that all this thread is going to be until the series is over? Will it even be finished at that point?
Manji Midou just has to bring it up on every page, it's not our fault.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 17:16   Link #399
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
And it only took 12 posts before someone started the Fatina vs Kaaya crap again. Didn't even make it to the end of the day. Is that all this thread is going to be until the series is over? Will it even be finished at that point?
I think you are overreacting my friend, there's nothing in my post that would start another long ass debate. I see my respond to Sereanade Beta's last words in her/his post as playfull banter.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-15, 17:19   Link #400
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Great episode.
Spoiler for ep 2:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.