AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-03, 04:40   Link #2261
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
YES!!! YES!!! That is what I like about Queens Blade! Since I read similar things like this that have also erotic illustrations.

Just remember the animation FIRE and ICE.
Well, that's what made Queen's Blade unique in its own way! That reminds me of the wrestling scene in the third episode. That was so HOT!

I'm all psyched up for the second season! And I'm sure most guys who like the series do too! ^_^
Old 2009-09-03, 10:12   Link #2262
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

The series has gone over the acceptance stage, many now like it. Since at first glance it's all nude and boobs and fanservice, but looking at the backstories some are pretty interesting like Nix and Irma.

But Iam more interested on Allean and Ekidona since both where old friends, I like those elves to meet up again in season2, but in season1 Ekidona doesn't like meeting her, probably she is stronger than Ekidona 1000 year old forest elf vs 500 dark elf who's got snakes. Better check the game books too see who's better.

Also Queen Aldra in the game books is as cheap as hell! Saw the stats and def and offensive skills are so high she's a cheap player to beat in the RPG LOST WORLD book.
Old 2009-09-03, 10:30   Link #2263
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

I agree. I can kinda understand why most haters dropped it at the third episode is mainly due to the heavy fanservice the series has. But as I said before, there is more to it than just ecchi and oppai. If those haters would have chosen to continue watching Queen's Blade then they will appreciate it more! Like I said, its their opinion, but they didn't really have to bash a series to an extent of calling it "the worse anime ever made"
Old 2009-09-03, 10:36   Link #2264
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Tokiha View Post
I agree. I can kinda understand why most haters dropped it at the third episode is mainly due to the heavy fanservice the series has. But as I said before, there is more to it than just ecchi and oppai. If those haters would have chosen to continue watching Queen's Blade then they will appreciate it more! Like I said, its their opinion, but they didn't really have to bash a series to an extent of calling it "the worse anime ever made"
They are probably bitter over Kanokon xD Or any number of "Let's jam in as much fanservice as much screw the plot" shows. Of course I love the variety of character designs in this show along with the mix of elements in the show.
Old 2009-09-03, 10:58   Link #2265
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

The character designs here are nice! I saw a few drawings which had Hisayuki-sama's signature on it. In case anyone is wondering who thing guy is, he's the very same guy who did character designs for Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome, my favourite anime series which pretty much got me to watch this series in the first place. The mixed elements is another good thing as I said before, the medieval setting with modern twists!
Old 2009-09-03, 11:04   Link #2266
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I take my hat off this woman Rin Sin, who combined all the different character designs to make it fit into one anime without altering the original design. Takes a woman to know to draw another woman.

Also another thing what I like about Queens Blade is various artist, one setting, one plot no ego's flying, just enjoy the show is just wow.
Old 2009-09-03, 11:08   Link #2267
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

I'm really glad that Hisayuki-sama is involved with this project! Even though that was the main reason why I got into watching the series, I start to learn that there is much more to Queen's Blade. If anyone has watched Mai-HiME or Mai-Otome, you will notice that two of the characters from the series who really resemble Leina and Elena.
Old 2009-09-03, 11:57   Link #2268
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Leina and Elena.
Yeah and their names rhyme also plus they're sisters.

ok here's some things I've uploaded back up on imageshack.

Spoiler for Tidy:
Old 2009-09-03, 17:40   Link #2269
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Ah! Talking about Hirokazu Hisayuki's involvement with the project as well as Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome, it reminds me that I really need to show you guys something. Now, please tell me who these two characters from Mai-Otome remind you of?

Haruka Armitage
Spoiler:

Rosalie Claudel
Spoiler:

Also, nice pics of Leina you got there, kenjiharima!
Old 2009-09-03, 20:08   Link #2270
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Ah! Talking about Hirokazu Hisayuki's involvement with the project as well as Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome, it reminds me that I really need to show you guys something. Now, please tell me who these two characters from Mai-Otome remind you of?

Haruka Armitage
Spoiler:

Rosalie Claudel
Spoiler:

Also, nice pics of Leina you got there, kenjiharima!
Haruka >>>>>> Reina, though. Also, the only way that they look really similar are the bangs and the fact that they're both blonde. Haruka is a bit more chubby-faced and her eyes are sharper and have that eye-liner. Much cuter.

Not familiar with Rosalie's character, so I can't compare her to Elina that way, but I like Elina's character design more. (though Rosalie is still one of my favorite Otome characters looks-wise)
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 20:19   Link #2271
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Not to mention that Haruka and Leina have totally different personalities from each other too. I like both character just and their resemblance is uncanny safe for minor differences as you have pointed out in your post.

As for Rosalie, we don't get to see her much in Mai-Otome. She did appear in the third episode of Mai-Otome Zwei in the famous indoor bath scene. In terms of design they are similar but as with Haruka and Leina, there are minor differences as well.

If anyone wants to see Rosalie in action, here you go! But I'll be putting the clip in a spoiler tag since its NSFW material!

Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-03, 20:31   Link #2272
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Not to mention that Haruka and Leina have totally different personalities from each other too. I like both character just and their resemblance is uncanny safe for minor differences as you have pointed out in your post.
I'd say that the similarities are the minor ones. Like I said, its basically just the bangs and hair color. The facial structure is different, Haruka's physique makes her appear larger, etc. Its there enough that people that are familiar with both and know that they have the same character designer will notice the similarities, but I wouldn't say that they resemble each other THAT much.

I can agree with Rosalie really resembling Elina, though. Their faces are similar, and they share more in common in terms of the air that they give off than Haruka and Reina do.
Old 2009-09-03, 20:41   Link #2273
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Between Haruka and Leina, there are differences and I cannot argue with that

I have friends who, like me, are fans of the Mai-Series who noted that Haruka and Leina do have some resemblance though there are still differences like their facial structure and their physique. Their eye colours are different too.

As for Rosalie and Elina, yes the both of them are pretty much alike in terms of physical appearance and personality. Also, if you watch the video, notice that Rosalie has tattoo on her ass?
Old 2009-09-03, 20:51   Link #2274
Bloodseeker

*watches vid*

She even has a whip, which is loosely similar to Elina's wire that she uses to extend to her range. Whip users tend to kind of focus on agility, too.

Rosalie should have killed Shiho. That brat always annoyed me. >_>
Old 2009-09-03, 20:55   Link #2275
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

I forget to mention her weapon! Thanks for beating me to it!

You're not alone, Shiho annoys me too and even paddings can't help her for shit! XD

Also, I could be wrong but I feel that Rosalie and Elina could be around the same height range too... Hmm...
Old 2009-09-03, 21:01   Link #2276
Bloodseeker

Quote:
I forget to mention her weapon! Thanks for beating me to it!

You're not alone, Shiho annoys me too and even paddings can't help her for shit! XD

Also, I could be wrong but I feel that Rosalie and Elina could be around the same height range too... Hmm...
Once again, can't call them clones, though. I need to actually get around to watching the anime (just fap to it </creepy>), but it doesn't look like anime Elina has any oujo-sama qualities aside from being a rich girl with some measure of authority. (H&S Elina had a couple of ara ara moments, though; superior protagonist is superior)

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2009-09-03 at 21:53.
Old 2009-09-03, 21:06   Link #2277
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
Once again, can't call them clones, though.
I agree with you there! XD

Sometimes, I joke to my friends that Rosalie and Elina are long-lost sisters, lol

And speaking of heights... Echidna and Nanael are both 162 cm???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
I need to actually get around to watching the anime
Ah, so you haven't watched the anime yet? If so, then you should!
Old 2009-09-03, 21:19   Link #2278
Bloodseeker

Quote:
I agree with you there! XD

Sometimes, I joke to my friends that Rosalie and Elina are long-lost sisters, lol

And speaking of heights... Echidna and Nanael are both 162 cm?????????????
Obviously the artists weren't paying attention to that, since Nanael always appears more petite than most of the rest of the cast.

Not that I'm complaining. Animu needs more petite yet busty and curvy girls.

Quote:
Ah, so you haven't watched the anime yet? If so, you should!
This is a bad habit of mine, especially with shows that are loaded down with fanservice. I'll only keep up with the show via blog and forum posts.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2009-09-03 at 21:52.
Old 2009-09-03, 21:27   Link #2279
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333

I guess you're right but the reason why that shocked me is because I always though Echidna is taller than 162 cm. For Nanael that height is fine but I though Echidna should be at least around Claudette's height - 172 cm (5 feet 8 inches).

Quote:
This is a bad habit of mine, especially with shows that are loaded down with fanservice.
Well, take your time with it! No one is rushing you to watch it, you know!

But you're doing pretty much the same thing I do before watching a series and that is checking up blog and forum posts! ^_^
Old 2009-09-03, 21:38   Link #2280
Bloodseeker

Quote:
I guess you're right but the reason why that shocked me is because I always though Echidna is taller than 162 cm. For Nanael that height is fine but I though Echidna should be at least around Claudette's height - 172 cm (5 feet 8 inches).
Yeah, obvious American here. 162 cm doesn't give me an immediate idea of how tall the person is. I'd have to do some googling on conversion. >_>

Quote:
Well, take your time with it! No one is rushing you to watch it, you know!

But you're doing pretty much the same thing I do before watching a series and that is checking up blog and forum posts! ^_^
But my problem is that they tend to stay there for forever before I actually watch them. My netflix DVDs often stay in my room for a good 3-6 months before I get around to watching them. (often happened with PPD and Rah Xephon, even though I like the former a lot)

I kinda do this with videogames in a sense, too. I'll get near the end and lose all motivation to keep playing. I have to force myself to beat that last dungeon.

I'm a procrastinator that has trouble getting motivated to do stuff.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2009-09-03 at 21:52.

Tags
action, blade, comedy, ecchi, queen, second season, yuri