AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-10-02, 21:55   Link #2501
Midonin
Last Engage
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
I think it's more of a jazzy swing tune.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 22:48   Link #2502
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
She must like ninja's.
I suppose so but its more to their character designs and personality. She really has the thing for cool female characters
__________________
KongZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 23:31   Link #2503
Yorassuko
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Tokiha View Post
Finally, my sister finished watching the first season last night and will be watching the OVAs tonight!

Also, she found another favourite character, Irma, but Shizuka is still her top favourite! She likes character with cool hairstyle!

What does she think of the series as a whole? She loves it! I asked her if she wants to watch the second season and she said "HELL YEAH!"
...and now over to Joe with sports!



/badjoke Irma eh? It'd be cool to have a Shizuka vs Irma battle in season 2 methinks. Not only could Shiz get revenge for Irma's capture/torture of Tomoe, but they could test your sis and make her decide who she truly loves more.

Bwahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
OVA 5 is expected to have Cattleya in various positions, a treat for her many fans
Wut.

I've only seen 3 srs Cattleya fans. Including me.
Yorassuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 01:17   Link #2504
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Nix on ep.2

Probably they'll show this in the DVD.
Spoiler for NSFW Nopan NoBra:
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 03:12   Link #2505
spike82
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009


count me in as 1 of her fans 2 man! Cattleya's sweet and sexy..they even found a good voice to match that in the series.
spike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 04:01   Link #2506
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Another new season of Queen's Blade, another half-assed bunch of 'reviews' about the show in how trashy it is and all the soapboxes claiming they're only in it for the 'classy' shows, blah blah. Man, I love anime blogs and Queen's Blade. Maybe they sorta don't understand the idea of trashy fun. And some people can watch trashy stuff like this and classy stuff like Before Green Gables.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 04:03   Link #2507
Bloodseeker
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Another new season of Queen's Blade, another half-assed bunch of 'reviews' about the show in how trashy it is and all the soapboxes claiming they're only in it for the 'classy' shows, blah blah. Man, I love anime blogs and Queen's Blade. Maybe they sorta don't understand the idea of trashy fun. And some people can watch trashy stuff like this and classy stuff like Before Green Gables.
Anime critics/journalists suck in general.

They either have shit tastes, are boring, are annoying, are stuck on their high horses (usually in relation to fanservice), or some combination of the above. (often all of the above)
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 07:20   Link #2508
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Another new season of Queen's Blade, another half-assed bunch of 'reviews' about the show in how trashy it is and all the soapboxes claiming they're only in it for the 'classy' shows, blah blah. Man, I love anime blogs and Queen's Blade. Maybe they sorta don't understand the idea of trashy fun. And some people can watch trashy stuff like this and classy stuff like Before Green Gables.
The reason why haters bash QB is because they think the series is all about nothing but excessive fanservice. I can only say that the haters don't like fanservice in their anime and prefer what they call "classy" in thier preference. All I can say is, opinions are opinions and everyone are entitled to them. But they should not bash a show just because the don't understand what its about as well as dissing on the people who like...
__________________
KongZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 08:20   Link #2509
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
QB haters don't know the backstories of the game books and official guidebooks, bottomline.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 08:26   Link #2510
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
QB haters don't know the backstories of the game books and official guidebooks, bottomline.
Well, you do have a point there. Perhaps they only know about the anime.

But still, they should not diss the QB fans just because we don't share the same opinions as we do... >.>
__________________
KongZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 08:44   Link #2511
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Tokiha View Post

But still, they should not diss the QB fans just because we don't share the same opinions as we do... >.>
Yes! That is true, QB fans have many reasons too love QB which other haters don't.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 08:48   Link #2512
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Yes! That is true, QB fans have many reasons too love QB which other haters don't.
If they think QB sucks and diss the show then its fine. Its their opinion and I respect that...

However, haters going "QB sucks! Those who like it sucks too!" is unforgivable... >.>
__________________
KongZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 09:05   Link #2513
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
Quote:
"QB sucks! Those who like it sucks too!"
Now that's bashing...

They can kiss Menace's butt!
Spoiler for NSFW:
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 09:07   Link #2514
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Now that's bashing...

They can kiss Menace's butt!
Spoiler for NSFW:
Trust me, they're not even worthy of kissing Menace's fine butt

And believe me... I've seen worse comments... >.>
__________________
KongZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 16:56   Link #2515
yurifanboy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: En algún lugar muy lejano
Anime Critics and Haters

I just ignore blog critics like the movie critics I ignore. I say Fuck'em.
__________________
No confundas mi postura, soy ateo y no creo en ningun dios,
no diferencio a las personas por su raza, su cultura o su mierda de religion!
Solo condeno el sufrimiento, la injustia y el abuso de poder
yurifanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 17:48   Link #2516
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
QB haters don't know the backstories of the game books and official guidebooks, bottomline.
Wouldn't that mean the anime is at fault for not giving backstory to characters, and instead focusing on fanservice? Can't blame people for not knowing outside sources which aren't explained in the medium they're being presented with.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 18:05   Link #2517
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
Anime critics/journalists suck in general.

They either have shit tastes, are boring, are annoying, are stuck on their high horses (usually in relation to fanservice), or some combination of the above. (often all of the above)
No mean to offense you, but you know your statement isn't any better than theirs, right? So they have a different opinion. --> You say that they are boring or whatever cursing. In other words, the same level as the ones that insult people who like this anime.
There isn't anything wrong with saying your opinions, even if they are negative. Of course, this is a different story for people that insult the actual viewers. And anime critics/hournalists "in general" are not.
And by looking down on them like that, are you not on your high horse?
By this point, someone could say back that fanboys/girls suck in general for over-reacting and etc.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 18:51   Link #2518
KongZilla
Sugar_Prayer <333
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Living on a remote island somewhere in the South Pacific
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurifanboy View Post
I just ignore blog critics like the movie critics I ignore. I say Fuck'em.
I do the same thing too! As someone who frequently visits IMDB I have seen alot of negative comments for any movie that I plan to watch. But when I watch that movie in question I actually love it! What I'm trying to say is that opinions are opinions and everyone is entitled to them, even though for the most part majority of people hate it.

Also, its not like I have anything against QB haters. Like I said before, everyone is entitled to their opinions. But there are QB haters who go beyond opinions and to actually bashing fans of the show like I implied earlier. There's a difference between sharing your opinions and bashing people who have different opinions from you do. Like when someone said "QB sucks! Those who like it sucks too!" this shows that the person in question is trying to get personal with QB fans by attacking them. I do respect opinions, but I don't respect people who bash other people just because they share different points of view...
__________________
KongZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 21:31   Link #2519
animeboy12
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorassuko View Post

Wut.

I've only seen 3 srs Cattleya fans. Including me.
Hence why I asked how popular she was but if anything put me on that growing list of fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
QB haters don't know the backstories of the game books and official guidebooks, bottomline.
I don't think back story from those sources should be factored in, sure it'll increase the enjoyment and appreciation for the show but an anime series should stand on it's own merit. That being said if you do know where I could get some queen's blade back story especially of Cattleya that would be appreciated.

Anyway, I don't need to sound like a broken record but it's definitely the fanservice that's main compliant. Which is a shame because as fan service laden and festish pandering queen's blade is it still has it doesn't sacrifice it's story for it. I'd say it's very piratical (albeit opportunistic) with it's fanservice.

In fact as heretical as this sounds you could easily rid queen's blade of it's fanservice and have essentially the same story and pacing (without the soul of course)

The reaction to queen's blade reminds me of divergance eve, decent plot but can't get people to pay attention the what's actually going because apparently even fanservice that just there, not in the way of the story or character is still an issue with most people. Of the validation is that it's "distracting". talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
Anime critics/journalists suck in general.

They either have shit tastes, are boring, are annoying, are stuck on their high horses (usually in relation to fanservice), or some combination of the above. (often all of the above)
Have to agree with the last two posters, disagreeing with a reviewer doesn't mean their opinion is invalid or doesn't matter. I do however share you're sentiment I don't place any trust in anime reviews in general, not only because I tend to disagree with most of them but also the reviews themselves just tend to suck partly do to the fact that most of them are fan review which don't guarantee any quality, at the same time even the professional reviews tend to be on sucky side.

Either way I just don't put much trust in anime review especially when most of them seem so genre specific instead of executed wise.

Anyway talking about anime reviews in general in for another topic but since we're on the hate train. I have to ask, am I the only one that hates (is jealous of) Rana?

Spoiler for NSFW huge size:
animeboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 01:29   Link #2520
Yorassuko
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wouldn't that mean the anime is at fault for not giving backstory to characters, and instead focusing on fanservice? Can't blame people for not knowing outside sources which aren't explained in the medium they're being presented with.
The only people who really enjoy QB are usually those who know the outside sources. Everyone else either likes it for the fanservice or disses it because of the fanservice.

If they don't know the other stuff or aren't interested, too bad for them.

I'm sure as heck glad I'm familiar with it all. It's made the anime extremely enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
Hence why I asked how popular she was but if anything put me on that growing list of fans
I know

You were one of two others I mentioned beside me. The other being that dude with the Konata avatar... who I forgot the name of atm :/

spike, good to have you onboard as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
I have to ask, am I the only one that hates (is jealous of) Rana?
Nope. Simply jealousy for me though. I'd never hate him. He's blessed. More power to him.

He's the son of a Goddess. I wish I could be such a son.

I wish I was Owen more though
Yorassuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, blade, comedy, ecchi, queen, second season, yuri

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.