AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-31, 10:38   Link #4041
gustyvedova

About the OVA, does anyone know where to watch it online?

I'm expecting animetake to come with the episode, but it usually takes time.

Last edited by gustyvedova; 2011-10-31 at 12:55.
gustyvedova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 12:31   Link #4042
jdennis007

I think what he meant to say was please pm us if you know where to acquire the ova.

BTW Leecherboy, nice job on the Vanquished Queens translations, and I am pretty sure the book is not cannon but an experiment because it shows contradictory things about certain situations.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 12:54   Link #4043
Testrun

Leecherboy: Thanks so very much for the Vanquished Queens translations. You're doing an awesome job for those of us who aren't able to read Japanese. Thanks for all the time you invest into this.
Testrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 05:05   Link #4044
leecherboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
BTW Leecherboy, nice job on the Vanquished Queens translations, and I am pretty sure the book is not cannon but an experiment because it shows contradictory things about certain situations.
Um, is that so? Considering how they went through the trouble of providing a unique setting for each char, it'd be a pity if they decided to dismiss it later.

Even if some of the scenes were resolved favorably later (like Tomoe's or Liliana's), it does a good job of explaining the gaps, and it even clears little details like Sigui's hatred for heretics and Rebellion Ymir not fearing snakes anymore.

However, I do admit there are a couple of ret-cons from previous artbooks, such as Anarista now playing with Menace (instead of throwing her to the pit with the slaves) and Claudette beating up Leina when she escaped (instead of advising her not to go).

Edit: Also, unrelated bonus, one of those official pics that's hard to tell where it's coming from (like the Annelotte & Liliana one, I'm guessing maybe from the upcoming QBR Premium artbook?):

Spoiler for Branwen & Menace:

Last edited by leecherboy; 2011-11-01 at 06:55.
leecherboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 13:06   Link #4045
gustyvedova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix03 View Post
The whole slavery situation with Dogura annoys me the most; it just feels forced into the character of Branwen. IMO, it just looks stupid to see Branwen (and now one other character) as a slave to the guy when they could probably kill him in a second. It's like if Menace was a slave to Setra. Hopefully Dogura meets his end soon in the Rebellion story, as it seems like a waste of a cool character like Branwen, a dragon tamer, to be simply a slave and nothing more.
Well, isn't Branwen's dragon being kept hostage of the marchland witch or something like that? That`s why Branwen don`t dare trying to kill Dogura, and other charcters fearing Branwen would explain their servitude.

Last edited by gustyvedova; 2011-11-01 at 14:30.
Old 2011-11-01, 17:54   Link #4046
Pheonix03

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustyvedova View Post
Well, isn't Branwen's dragon being kept hostage of the marchland witch or something like that? That`s why Branwen don`t dare trying to kill Dogura, and other charcters fearing Branwen would explain their servitude.
Yeah I know, but it still seems strange to me. Was it ever explained how Dogura was even able to hold her dragon hostage? I would've liked it better if Branwen was simply a slave to the Marshland Witch herself. It's make more sense and tie Branwen closer to the main plot; plus she'd be part of the group with Melona, Airi, and Liliana, but she'd hate her situation, thus giving the group some more dynamic. But, it doesn't matter now, what's done is done.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 18:09   Link #4047
gustyvedova

Quote:
Yeah I know, but it still seems strange to me. Was it ever explained how Dogura was even able to hold her dragon hostage? I would've liked it better if Branwen was simply a slave to the Marshland Witch herself. It's make more sense and tie Branwen closer to the main plot; plus she'd be part of the group with Melona, Airi, and Liliana, but she'd hate her situation, thus giving the group some more dynamic. But, it doesn't matter now, what's done is done.
Well, I prefer Branwen`s plot as it is. But now that you mentioned, will Airi be back in rebellion? Haven`t seem anything about her.
Old 2011-11-01, 21:21   Link #4048
Pheonix03

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustyvedova View Post
Well, I prefer Branwen`s plot as it is. But now that you mentioned, will Airi be back in rebellion? Haven`t seem anything about her.
When attacking Risty, the Marshland Witch had two "maids" with her, iirc. If they had anything to do with Airi, I'm not sure.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 15:46   Link #4049
gustyvedova

Quote:
When attacking Risty, the Marshland Witch had two "maids" with her, iirc. If they had anything to do with Airi, I'm not sure.
According to the Vanquished queen's book, Airi was sent to investigate the pope's agency and there defeated by a demon hunter, which sealed her spirit powers. So, Airi might be back as a human now.

Almost every QB character is making a come back in rebellion. It might be a problem in the anime to show all these different plots, taking time away from the new characters.
Old 2011-11-02, 18:49   Link #4050
CGrascal

*is watching the Alleyne training video*

Who needs Hinako when I have a much better instructor?
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 18:59   Link #4051
Dahak86
Occasional Member

CGrascal: 100 points.
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-02, 19:13   Link #4052
gustyvedova

interesting to see more from the fauna of the queen's blade universe... filled with tentacle creatures of course.

btw, nice combats and overall production. I hope QBR anime keeps up like that.
Old 2011-11-02, 20:59   Link #4053
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Just Watched OVA

Ah Allyene Blushing Expression is Priceless

Let's Training with Alleyne 1000000000000000000000000x better than let's training with hinako
Old 2011-11-03, 06:59   Link #4054
Freeter
i see baka people

Alleyne Training = best OAD extra EVER

If we get Siggy Posing next volume I'm going to explode

And damn, Annelotte is a MUCH better character than that no talent hack Reina. Put Reina through Alleyne's training and she wouldn't even get past the tentacles

Last edited by Freeter; 2011-11-03 at 07:24.
Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 11:57   Link #4055
MoonLight91

Ehi where can I see the OVA? I can't find it! Please help!
MoonLight91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 17:31   Link #4056
jdennis007

I wonder if Annelotte's choker functioned as a seal on her demon-half? I noticed when they showed the Rebellion girls they were Annelotte's army, I am wondering if Shiggy's will show the queens? I am also wondering if this will get subbed or not?
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 18:05   Link #4057
gustyvedova

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
I wonder if Annelotte's choker functioned as a seal on her demon-half? I noticed when they showed the Rebellion girls they were Annelotte's army, I am wondering if Shiggy's will show the queens? I am also wondering if this will get subbed or not?
It will get subbed someday, don't lose faith

About Annelotte's choker, it might be a seal on her demon half (just like Aldra's left arm bondage/armor) or an artifact to evoke her demon horse. Would be nice to know the origin of the choker. She seems to unleashd her demon self when in danger or severely injured, although later she seems able to evoke her horse whenever she wants.
Old 2011-11-04, 13:13   Link #4058
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

I certainly didn't expect the training video to be 20 minutes long, that's a lot of training, if you know what I mean
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 17:05   Link #4059
Simonsy

checked out OVA just now and had clicked the apparantly training one first and was like 10 minutes in going "WTF, is there any story in this"

after finishing that, then I watched the other and realized the first one must be like some kind of a special and not relevent at all
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 04:37   Link #4060
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Seems that the new Ova has finally been subbed.

Tags
action, blade, comedy, ecchi, queen, second season, yuri