AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-02-19, 12:37   Link #4201
Pheonix03
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by leecherboy View Post
Yep, Claudette was defeated.
As far as I can tell, she was cursed as well, the "Amplification Curse" enhanced both her power and her hatred for the nobles, probably.
I believe they'll fight the Witch next... though there are at most 7 chapters left in the volume.

I'll ask as well, though: Was QB Struggle ever partially translated?
7 chapters left? Perhaps Rebellion will end the QB story.

Yeah, QB struggle was partially translated; you can find the scans easy using Google.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 13:26   Link #4202
final_agent
Head Prinny
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix03 View Post
7 chapters left? Perhaps Rebellion will end the QB story.

Yeah, QB struggle was partially translated; you can find the scans easy using Google.
Well I vaguely recall seeing the first chapter of one of the two QB mangas being scanlated, I've looked around and really can't find any other chapters being translated.

Also, the Nyx scans yeah, I saw them but they're not translated though...
final_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 21:09   Link #4203
funikura
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix03 View Post
7 chapters left? Perhaps Rebellion will end the QB story.

Yeah, QB struggle was partially translated; you can find the scans easy using Google.
QB struggle translated manga? really? where?
I can't find it... Please give us the link.
funikura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 21:37   Link #4204
Pheonix03
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by funikura View Post
QB struggle translated manga? really? where?
I can't find it... Please give us the link.
I apologize, I mixed up the QB Hide & Seek translations with some of the raws I've seen of Struggle. So, as far as I know, it's only Hide & Seek that got translated.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-19, 22:05   Link #4205
final_agent
Head Prinny
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix03 View Post
I apologize, I mixed up the QB Hide & Seek translations with some of the raws I've seen of Struggle. So, as far as I know, it's only Hide & Seek that got translated.
Ohhh, well honest mistake. Which brings up another thing, The 5th volume of Hide and Seek never got translated, but I heard it got scanned from someone...the chinese version though. Hmm.

Also, for the one wondering wether the anthology has any Nyx, unfortunately not. I think these anthologies were done before Claudette, Melona, Nyx, Melpha, Alleyne and Aldra's books even came out. The second anthology book does have some Nyx and Melpha and Claudette though and the third and so on begin having Melona.

None of the anthology books have Alleyne or Aldra though, those were the last books to come out I think so it makes sense.

The 'A La Carte' anthology books do have Alleyne and Aldra, I think they're sort of a spiritual successor to the original anthology books.
final_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 03:34   Link #4206
funikura
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by final_agent View Post
Ohhh, well honest mistake. Which brings up another thing, The 5th volume of Hide and Seek never got translated, but I heard it got scanned from someone...the chinese version though. Hmm.

Also, for the one wondering wether the anthology has any Nyx, unfortunately not. I think these anthologies were done before Claudette, Melona, Nyx, Melpha, Alleyne and Aldra's books even came out. The second anthology book does have some Nyx and Melpha and Claudette though and the third and so on begin having Melona.

None of the anthology books have Alleyne or Aldra though, those were the last books to come out I think so it makes sense.

The 'A La Carte' anthology books do have Alleyne and Aldra, I think they're sort of a spiritual successor to the original anthology books.
Thanks very much for your information.
btw is in the 'A La Carte' Nyx will appeared? or not?
funikura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 16:09   Link #4207
Rei.K
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I'm a bit late to the party - I only picked up the series a few days ago. I'm actually surprised the thread is still active. I guess the fanbase is real.
I didn't enjoy it so much at first, but after a while the characters really grew on me... you also gotta love master Rin Shin's character design.

It really is a gratuitous fan service related silly show, but I'm still enjoying it anyway, especially because it seems to have the ability to throw awesome scenes at you when you don't expect it ... The end of S2 episode 6 was really epic. It's definitely my favourite scene :

Spoiler:


God, that theme is grandiose.
Rei.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 17:43   Link #4208
Pheonix03
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
You're never too late to enjoy Queen's Blade. And, yes, that scene is excellent (I love seeing Echidna and Irma interact). The episode that follows it is easily my favorite of the series, as it is, imo, the most emotional of the entire series.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-20, 20:11   Link #4209
jdennis007
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
@Rei.k you saw the 2 seasons of the anime but have you seen the 6 episode ova series yet, there are also 2 Rebellion prequel ovas (one is still to be translated) so there is still plenty of Queens Blade to watch. I forgot to mention that there is a sequel series Queen's Blade Rebellion set to air in the springtime.
Over in the Rebellion manga chapter 3 was Huit and Annelotte at her village and the events there, including them bathing together and Ymir looking for a crystal.
Chapter 4 introduces us to Mirrim, village girl version who at the end gets made an offer she can't refuse by Ymir.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 02:27   Link #4210
Rei.K
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Thanks for the info jdennis.
I have yet to finish S2, but I'm glad to know that even when I do, there will still be plenty to watch. I'll be looking forward to it
Rei.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 07:08   Link #4211
final_agent
Head Prinny
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by funikura View Post
Thanks very much for your information.
btw is in the 'A La Carte' Nyx will appeared? or not?
Hmmm...*checks*...oh, nope. That's weird, I know her books were out when these 2 volumes came out. Maybe this was the start of her loss of popularity (I notice Irma doesn't have much of an appearance in these either, though, sweet, 2 Melpha centric stories).

Annoyingly enough, no Aldra stories either in this, I thought I saw one but I must have been mistaken.
final_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 10:19   Link #4212
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 24
well speaking of rebel season another character trailer is up http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...promo-streamed & pirate is Shizuka Itou.

so yea cast list so far aya endo, minori chihara, yu kobayashi, & shizuka itou yea indeed we're going to have another all star female seiyu cast.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-21, 21:43   Link #4213
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
New HUGE Cattleya figure

Spoiler for NSFW Link:
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 00:03   Link #4214
gustyvedova
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
New HUGE Cattleya figure

Spoiler for NSFW Link:
kinda weird how thin she looks like. what's wrong with chubby girls with huge boobs?
gustyvedova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 00:22   Link #4215
gustyvedova
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hinomoto
guys, i've been working on this map of the QB continent, using the map shown in the first two seasons and adding the name of places according to informations from the anime (like the characters path) and the story books.



I'm not sure if everything is correct, but I've given my best shot. Is there something to add or correct? Or the official name of the places I named by reference?
gustyvedova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 06:16   Link #4216
leecherboy
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustyvedova View Post
guys, i've been working on this map of the QB continent, using the map shown in the first two seasons and adding the name of places according to informations from the anime (like the characters path) and the story books.

I'm not sure if everything is correct, but I've given my best shot. Is there something to add or correct? Or the official name of the places I named by reference?
Ah, a map, good idea, we sure didn't have a clear one. For some reason I don't see the pic directly, so let me re-post the link:

Spoiler for QB Map:


Looks quite accurate, though some names aren't familiar to me, I'll check my info later. For now, the southern jungle should be the "Wild Elves/Calibara Forest", and the "Little Elves Forest" is missing (as Yuit and Annelotte are childhood friends, it'd make sense if it was the northeastest one?)
__________________
Application to play with the QB books, and other QB media (updated regularly): http://queensbladebattle.blogspot.com/

Last edited by leecherboy; 2012-02-22 at 06:34.
leecherboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 08:54   Link #4217
gustyvedova
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by leecherboy View Post
Looks quite accurate, though some names aren't familiar to me, I'll check my info later. For now, the southern jungle should be the "Wild Elves/Calibara Forest", and the "Little Elves Forest" is missing (as Yuit and Annelotte are childhood friends, it'd make sense if it was the northeastest one?)
yeah, I wasn't sure if it was correct to call the southearn jungle "Calibara Forest", cause to me it was just the forest where the calibara use to be. The little elves forest truly is missing. I wasn't sure if the little elves shared the forest with the other elves (like Alleyne's tribe) or not, but it makes more sense to be northeast of the kreuz territory as you said.

-the reclusion forest is where Alleyne trained Annelotte. It's close to the kreuz, and there's a big tree drawn on the map (like the one where Alleyne is gazing in the OVA).

-Choujo and jouri are mentioned in the third episode of the first season. Leina says something like "that's the choujo, where we can gain entrance to the jouri" when approaching the city with Risty.

-the marshland expasion is where Leina walked by in the first season. Also, it had to be close to the elves forest (as seem in the episode where airi and nowa fight)

-The Groove City is where Cattleya's shop is. The name comes from Ymir saying something in these lines.

-the trading city is mentioned in upheavel, chapter 7 "Near the capital city of Gainos, there was a bar at a trading city."

-the harbor is where Tomoe and Shizuka first arrive in the continet.
gustyvedova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 09:31   Link #4218
funikura
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I got new info about QB's Pachisuro ( パチスロ クイーンズブレイド )
You can see the PV at youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-hqF0MeNaI

Just few characters are showed in this PV... I hope Nyx will appeard too.
btw I don't understand what is the Pachisuro...
funikura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 17:35   Link #4219
leecherboy
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spain
-Maybe calling it "Calibara Forest" is wishful thinking from the Calibara, but it's known as the "Wild Elves Forest" anyway.

-In a better translated S1E3 I watched, Leina says "that is the border, the entrance to the queen's lands". And there's a Great Wall in the Border, where Claudette used to be stationed back then (I'm not sure if that's where Echidna captured Elina in that 1st OVA).

-The QB Perfect Visual Book mentions the "Free City of Sheldans", close to the Vance territory, an important trading city where the QB preliminaries may have been held, maybe it's the trading city that chapter talked about.

-Don't know about that "groove city", but wikipedia says Cattleya's shop is in Gainos.

-There's an oasis in the middle of the Amara Desert, the "Kahn Oasis", that maybe appeared in the OVA with Menace's new kingdom.

-Probably the Jewel Mountain is called the "Gemstone Mountain", and the "Iron Mountain" should be close to it. And speaking of mountains, I wonder where the "Large Fang Mountain", Risty's hideout, should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funikura View Post
I got new info about QB's Pachisuro ( パチスロ クイーンズブレイド )
You can see the PV at youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-hqF0MeNaI

Just few characters are showed in this PV... I hope Nyx will appeard too.
btw I don't understand what is the Pachisuro...
A "pachisuro" is a slot machine, this is the official page of that QB pachisuro, but I think it's a japan-only physical machine.
__________________
Application to play with the QB books, and other QB media (updated regularly): http://queensbladebattle.blogspot.com/
leecherboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-22, 17:58   Link #4220
jdennis007
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
The subs are out, check the usual places.

I missed playing the conquest game, because I forgot about it completely.
To the Nyx fans the second volume of the HJ anthology has a few stories with her in them.
I am happy that Liliana will be voiced by Shizuka Itou (Tama-nee from To heart2).
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, blade, comedy, ecchi, queen, second season, yuri

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.