AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 92 54.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 21.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 13.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 5.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.59%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-15, 04:10   Link #481
Sander RX
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
How is 00 Raiser underwhelming?
Its speed was nothing short of impressive:
1)It squeezed Setsuna and Saji into their seats,despite great G protection of the CB units(remember how Trans-Ams crazy manuevers didnt cause CB pilots even a slight loss in comfort.)
2)It freaking blasted off so fast that it made a circle around the asteroid and appeared behind Ginin who was chasing him at full speed.

When it went Trans-Am,it caused a super-Newtype reaction in everyone!
And...
Spoiler for Believe in the sign of 00:


Oh and having troubles againstt enemies hardly tells of ones weakness.

Mazinkaiser has had some troubles against Mechanical Beasts and Ideon has had troubles against Buff Clan mechs...yet Kira and GSD Haxx brigade dont stand a tiny chance against any of them.

Last edited by Sander RX; 2008-12-15 at 04:29.
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 04:32   Link #482
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
You mean because odds are a pilot these days won't even have a chance of seeing five enemy aircraft throughout his career because nobody even dreams of sending up fighter jets vs. F-15s and F-16s which have never ever been defeated in air to air combat? (In fact, American and Israeli F-15s have never ever been shot down by hostile fire IIRC).

And that's our retired legacy fighter nonsense.
That is because of advanced ECMs and AWACs on patrol dummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
F-22s and F-35s?

If there are enough targets in the air, an F-22 pilot can become an ace on his first mission going by that definition of five kills.

Sort of easy when you have the most advanced machine in the known universe at your command, right?

I think Wing and SEED got it right. When you have the newest most dazzling piece of technology in the universe, you are not expected to break a sweat. You are supposed to take on tremendous odds such as 6:1...and win.

To put it even more into perspective, I believe that at operation red flag, around 20 F-22s shot down over a hundred F-15s, F-16s, and F-18s without even being scratched.

So while it's not exactly fantastic for entertainment, I think the most accurate portrayal of the power of technological advantage was actually the last battle of GSD. When you're far ahead of everyone else, the battle becomes a curb stomper.

In fact, if for all of that power, the gundam 00 could only take down one MS, if I was A-Laws, I'd take my entire damn fleet and attack the Ptolemaios and with my hundreds of suits, just take down their four and be done with it.
Have you ever wondered why CB only produced 4 GN drives? Or why had they only produced 4 Gundams? Or why does A-laws have rather limited suit? Why are they still using Tierens to defend "Guantamo"?

There is a limit to resources.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 04:40   Link #483
[Sakuretsu]
(・ω・)
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Fanservice, out of nowhere. Random scene is so random.

But nonetheless, the episode was great and upset-inducing at the same time.

CB needs more upgrades and more counter-strategies to Mannequin and Innovators. They were raped so bad this time around. Poor Ian ;_;
[Sakuretsu] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 04:42   Link #484
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
There is a limit to resources.
Yeah,who will crazy enough to travel to Jupiter & create true GN Drive.
Except someone retard & stupid like Paptimus make it happen.
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 04:43   Link #485
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
So it does need to connect to whatever external power they use, to recharge the drive?
Well it'll drain the MS' GN Condensors, then it takes time for the GN Drive Tau to generate enough GN Particles to recharge the GN Condensors before its at a level where it could fire again.

Basically think of:

GN Condensor = Capacitor
GN Drive = Reactor

Operating the MS' functions drains the GN Condensor of GN Particles, which the GN Drive continually produces and stores in the GN Condensors (in true GN Drive's case, indefinitely, or for a GN Drive Tau, as long as it have the electricity to continue the GN Particle production process).
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 04:44   Link #486
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
All Federation mobile suits have fake GN Drives. A-Laws just has access to the most recent and experimental fake GN drive technology.

Sergei's coventional federation mobile suit had a GN drive. It emitted red GN particles and he is part of the conventional military. They probably use the original model units shown in S1.

Oh yeah, CB has 5 GN drives on them. Don't know if they have access to a total of 6. Not sure. Does 00 use 0 Gundams original GN drive or does it use a different one?


Anyhow, I'm wondering when 0 Gundam will reappear. It only appears in the first and last episodes last season very briefly. I'm waiting for the mad hax prototype mobile suit powers to come into play.

We have more than half the season left. I'm sure 00 Gundam Raiser will be bested and it may get trashed.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 04:47   Link #487
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
All Federation mobile suits have fake GN Drives. A-Laws just has access to the most recent and experimental fake GN drive technology.

Sergei's coventional federation mobile suit had a GN drive. It emitted red GN particles and he is part of the conventional military. They probably use the original model units shown in S1.
I'm going with the same reason why the GI Joe and Cobra Teams fires red and blue lasers, or why the Empire and Rebel Alliance fires green and red lasers.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because at 65,726 bytes it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 05:15   Link #488
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I just noticed on second viewing, that it was Soma, who was together with Saji and Ian in the hangar... now isn't this stupid: The experienced soldier and pilot is transporting the injured to sick bay, while the rookie controls the new and very important fighter?


Did they mention, what kind of tools they used to trap the 00? It looked like some sort of smokescreen, but it somehow damaged the Gundam... and it was't even using GN particles.
The sinister force that hold all thing or string call PLOT make it happen.
That weapon has some similarity with Agressa electrical weapon back then.
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 05:32   Link #489
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Europe
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Here's the deal, once upon a time movies/anime where the hero took on 50 bad guys by himself and kicked their asses and came out unscratched were considered good and entertaining. Now people mock that, because quite frankly it's stupid and unrealistic.

You want mindless entertainment where the good guys obliterate waves and waves of nameless grunts? Go watch goddamn SEED Destiny, but don't come here starting arguments with people because you'd like 00 to turn into the big steaming pile of shit that SEED DESTINY was.

00 is awesome because animation quality isn't sacrificed so some retards can get their dose of big battles. In this series battles are more realistic because you only have a small amount of units in the battlefield at any one time, which reflects the supposed cost of producing and maintaining such units, not to mention that it accurately reflects the skill and personalities of army personnel. A trained pilot actually *gasp* has some skill and can give the protagonist a run for his money.
To summ up your point, 00 is A.D. where a vision of our world is shown. It's not a series where dozens and hundereds of suits are produced so that main characters can use their toys.
__________________

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 06:33   Link #490
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Sakuretsu] View Post
Fanservice, out of nowhere. Random scene is so random.
It's not fanservice --- when are you people going to stop saying it is? Just because a naked body is shown doesn't mean it's fanservice.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 06:37   Link #491
mike_s_6
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's not fanservice --- when are you people going to stop saying it is? Just because a naked body is shown doesn't mean it's fanservice.
If it's fanservice, I really don't know right now who it's directed to
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 06:40   Link #492
Child_of_Sierra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I just noticed on second viewing, that it was Soma, who was together with Saji and Ian in the hangar... now isn't this stupid: The experienced soldier and pilot is transporting the injured to sick bay, while the rookie controls the new and very important fighter?
Adding to this you'd think that since they had O-raiser in development for so long somebody else would be piloting it. (No not Ian, he already performs the too important role of engineer in the ship).

I always assumed that Veda selected each and every person on Ptolemaios back in season 1 so i never questioned why they had a lack of back-up pilots or crew then. Now I just see it as a forced event to have recently joined members (Saji, Soma) help out when they clearly had other people in the CB base who could assist in the ship.
__________________
Child_of_Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 06:48   Link #493
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
Adding to this you'd think that since they had O-raiser in development for so long somebody else would be piloting it. (No not Ian, he already performs the too important role of engineer in the ship).

I always assumed that Veda selected each and every person on Ptolemaios back in season 1 so i never questioned why they had a lack of back-up pilots or crew then. Now I just see it as a forced event to have recently joined members (Saji, Soma) help out when they clearly had other people in the CB base who could assist in the ship.
Exactly because VEDA chose them that might explain why they couldn't: They, like the Meisters, probably would have been chosen on the basis of their specialty. Since CB now seems to rely on the same members as back then, it seems that they were recruited more for the jobs that they've been doing back then as opposed to doing jobs they weren't meant to do.

Also, they probably didn't need a dedicated pilot for the O-Raiser: Haro was shown to have the ability to singlehandedly pilot the thing afterall (on that note, the cockpit of the O-Raiser is actually identical to the Cherudim's cockpit). In any event, the person who would be inside the O-Raiser would probably focus more on the Twin Drive System once docked than on any combat duty. Hence why when the O-Raiser deployed, Setsuna immediately thought Ian was inside it, and hence his surprise when he found out it was Saji instead.
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 07:10   Link #494
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's not fanservice --- when are you people going to stop saying it is? Just because a naked body is shown doesn't mean it's fanservice.
AHAHA. serious lols. Completely agreed. So absurd.

Anyways, anybody just sit at their computer, replaying the 00-Raiser combining scene? The music, the tension. So awesome. I must have rewatched that one scene about 10 times.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 07:13   Link #495
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Anyways, anybody just sit at their computer, replaying the 00-Raiser combining scene? The music, the tension. So awesome. I must have rewatched that one scene about 10 times.
Twice that amount

I love all the detail that went into animating the sequence, it had all the vibe of a Super Robot gattai sequence without being too over the top

The sequence ending is actually quite similar to GaoGaiGar... a close up of the forehead, then rotating before finally posing as it releases all its power.
__________________

On Life: "If you have problem with Ukrainian hard house, you have problem with life. If you have problem with life ... maybe we can fix that."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 07:27   Link #496
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pizza
Love this episode. I was so excited...and I can't believe it...Saji saves the day..and err...some Gundam Seed Destiny Deja vu with the nude people floating around.
__________________
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 07:43   Link #497
wtfftw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
i could have a good laugh bout the last 3 pages.
Demongod and coalition vs opposition^^

anyway Gundam 00 is for a different audience(older, mature). The only real thing why the gundam suck is because of lack of team work. In Seed gundam can solo against grunts here you cant.

ALso Kati's strategy was a continuous WTFPAWNED scenario's that puts an enemy who doesnt know what to do in a serious pinch.

and lastly there like max 6 - 9 enemy suits so even if he went Transam its not like it will be a big chopping spree unless he is gonna whoop Louise too. It can happen though cuz Ribbons is like WTF. Anyway it would mean killing patrick andrei louise 2 innovators.
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 07:52   Link #498
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The sequence ending is actually quite similar to GaoGaiGar... a close up of the forehead, then rotating before finally posing as it releases all its power.
Not just GGG, it was like a lot of gattai scenes, though that's no surprise.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 07:57   Link #499
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
If it's fanservice, I really don't know right now who it's directed to
Personally because they were still in a seated posture I got the vibe that they were taking a dump
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 08:20   Link #500
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
It's not about winning or losing.

It's about how you do it, and against who, the who taking into account the numbers.

Why do you think the original Starcraft Protoss campaign was so epic?

Because of the sheer number you are up against.

Nobody is interested in 1v1s unless both sides of that are the movers and shakers of the universe.
Speak for yourself, Amuro vs. Rambal Ral was awesome, as was Camille vs the Titans.

My favorite battles in Super Robot Wars isn't with the leaders its Kyosuke vs Axel, Ibis vs. Sleigh, Sanger vs. Wodan the aces on each side.

Likewise the best battles are not Gundam 00 kicking the crap out of the A-Laws its Setsuna vs. Graham or Setsuna vs. Ali.

To put a similar series Wing Zero had a gun that could destroy a colony, the best fight in the entire series is Wing Zero vs Epyon in a close range duel.

Anyone can write a scene where a mecha destroys about a thousand mecha it takes a real writer to write a battle where that same mecha duels its equal in a battle of true epic proportions.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.