AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 92 54.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 21.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 13.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 5.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.59%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-12-17, 15:54   Link #641
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Ep rating? 6 out of 10. Some blasting going on, then 00 gets all shiny and does...very little for all of that. It's like a striptease with the woman ending up only in her lingerie. You ask THAT'S IT?!

If G00 is a 50 ep gundam (and it is), we are going into ep 37. By this point in Wing, we've had Zero show that it is indeed GG sauce on almost every occasion we saw it, we saw Epyon show off its moves, we saw practically all of the endgame material. In GS, we already saw Freedom completely light up Alaska, and by GSD, we already saw Destiny and Legend annihilate Heaven's Base and turn Destroys into grunts (or perhaps that was 38).
To an extent, I think that your points have some merit, but your arguments would perhaps be stronger without the comparison to those other shows. Then again, I'm not all that fond of the combat sequences in Seed/Destiny, and I liked those shows .

Quote:
Either way, we're running way short on time here, and so far, we've seen very little that we haven't seen in season 1. Literally, ALL of the gundams are just their old versions with minimal changes piloted almost the exact same way. The only difference is that rather than Flags and GN-Xs, it's A-Heads and GN-XIIIs. Hell, even 00's O-Raiser trans-am is just Exia when it first used its transam hax, just, once again, against scaled up opponents.
That's fairly consistent with most other Gundam shows though. It's also worth pointing out that the Gundams are being shown as relatively weak so that we can be blown away by how strong they are in comparison later on. Note that this is the same tack that was used in the first season, and many viewers seem to like the execution.

Quote:
This is just like Final Fantasy XII...

"Hey I've seen this monster before when I was level 10! Only this time, it's red, and I'm level 30! Oh joy."
That's true for an awful lot of games and shows - I think that the technique is used so much because it's easy to do, and most people don't seem to mind too much.

Quote:
I mean hell, for some reason, even with this "genius" forecaster at the helm, it seems A-Laws and the federation are WEAKER than the 3 splintered groups in season 1...in s1, by ep 8, they nearly had the meisters done away with. Here, Celestial Being just always escapes and escapes.
You're only noticing this just now? It's been a central point of the writing (since about episode 10 of the first season) for the enemy to threaten and to endanger the heroes without actually causing them any real harm. This is commonly used in a lot of shows; the difference being that the execution can vary greatly. So far, Gundam 00 hasn't been very subtle about this, so I won't expect it to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
I stopped paying attention when he/she said "If this is a 50 episode series..."

It's not. It's two 25-episode series with the same cast, and should treated as such. This isn't a 50-episode series structure with a time-skip and that went off for a season, it is two 25-episode structures put end to end.
Point of order: for all intents and purposes, both seasons of Gundam 00 constitute a single show. Structurally, there's no need to separate them since everything is carried over - from the characters to the themes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDFMASTER View Post
You mean the entire country?
Like a lot of elements in Gundam 00 (see Kataron's dozens of ships), the extent of Seel has never been particularly well defined save for the fact that it's located in the Middle East. As pointed out earlier, it may be just a city-state, or the city can simply be named the same as the whole country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Shouldn't Marina be doing something else other than babysitting..
Strangely enough, that babysitting is perhaps the most that she's contributed to the show so far. It puts her in a similar role to Frau Bow and Shakti from earlier Gundam works, but it's not a very positive comparison as those characters had more to do.
Old 2008-12-17, 17:54   Link #642
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
What it doesn't,how could it be? *facepalm* Eh,I guess you right & I did'nt say Marina is da ONLY heroine IN MSG00. Does Kati,Wang Liu Mei,Nena & Louise included in Heroine package?
Louise probably got the most screen time and development out of all the girls in the show. If you want to choose a heroine, she should be it.

I also agree that Marina would turn into a peace symbol that unites the world. Let's hope that it's more Diana Soriel than Lacus Clyn/Relena Peacecraft.
Old 2008-12-17, 18:47   Link #643
X207
Gamyūsa

anew returner is the one of the most intersting innovators that really catches my attention so far. i see some marie anew tension but anew is rather unpredictble imo. she stayed calm when her twin rung her number. i have a feeling she'll side with cb1 but its wat happens between e11 and commiting 100% to cb1 that worries me.
Old 2008-12-17, 22:29   Link #644
Marikina

I can sort of see why Nena betrays Wang. Playing with every side in the conflict would get anybody killed, but being upfront about it is just pushing it.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 22:50   Link #645
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
It's also worth pointing out that the Gundams are being shown as relatively weak so that we can be blown away by how strong they are in comparison later on. Note that this is the same tack that was used in the first season, and many viewers seem to like the execution.
Actually S1 and S2 seem to be polar opposites in that regard: the majority of the battles 11 episodes into season 1 show the Gundams are more or less unstoppable, running only into difficulty against experienced aces and tactics. Whereas in the same span of time this season the Gundams, despite their victories, aren't exactly steamrolling everyone, and are having trouble with only a dozen grunt suits. The tack of "weak now - strong later" may apply here to S2, but certainly not S1.

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 23:57   Link #646
CombiHenge

After watching it once again, I must say, that I was very impressed with the show of how big Celestial Being was.

It opens the big question as to (perhaps what Wang Liu Mei was questioning), who is funding it, who is really in control? Such a base, in my opinion, cannot successfully operate independent or in such isolation. Sumeragi gave orders to self destruct the Lagrange 3 asteroid base, clearly indicating that the base was but just an outpost, and the evacuated ships definitely had a plotted destination.

Hopefully the rest of the series will show the true nature, size and organization of Celestial Being.

I had wondered during the episode why the Garozzo was quick to abandon the fight with Tieria in the Seravee. Clearly, (excuse the pun) Garozzo had the upper hand and could have held Seravee at bay. The strategy appears to have been quite good... to contain or eliminate Gundam 00, while Gadessa took out the Ptolemaios. (Patrick using the electric disruptors, then Barrack's team to draw out the unit...). Garozzo therefore was probably always fated to take on 00.

Anyway, good solid episode. 10/10...
CombiHenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 00:07   Link #647
RDF2050
Gundam Meister

Just fews days for the episode i can't wait
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 00:54   Link #648
davidw89

The endings made no sense, they can see each other naked now?
davidw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 00:58   Link #649
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidw89 View Post
It's more of a spiritual connection as a result from activation of 00 raiser trans-am, Saji, Louise, and Setsuna are not actually "Naked".
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 01:00   Link #650
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Also, Louise' reaction actually points to the fact that they can't actually see each other literally, as she was looking around trying to look for Saji even as the onscreen representation shows them almost besides each other. Clearly that entire scene is meant to be more surreal than literal.

Old 2008-12-18, 01:01   Link #651
Sander RX

Quote:
And missing their private organs?No,its the Newtype-ish spiritual talks in a paralelk dimension sort of thing.
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 01:16   Link #652
rpgman1

It seems to be more like an out-of-body experience with their minds. It's obvious they can hear, but cannot see. Of course, I wonder how the fanbase will react when the series reach the halfway point of the second season.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 01:21   Link #653
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
It seems to be more like an out-of-body experience with their minds. It's obvious they can hear, but cannot see. Of course, I wonder how the fanbase will react when the series reach the halfway point of the second season.
The fanbase might react that it went down rather quickly. Speaking of which, are they going to have a break planned or is it continuing as it is now.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 02:11   Link #654
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

They're airing a special after episode 13, then continue with episode 14 the following week.

Old 2008-12-18, 02:34   Link #655
Sander RX

Quote:
They're airing a special after episode 13, then continue with episode 14 the following week.
A recap?Or is it something worth watching?
Sander RX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 03:52   Link #656
Celestial
妹ちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander RX View Post
A recap?Or is it something worth watching?
Probably not. I suppose it'll be much like that silly Code Geass special where they get celebrities to perform irrelevant tasks like playing games or mocking the anime itself.
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 11:27   Link #657
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
Probably not. I suppose it'll be much like that silly Code Geass special where they get celebrities to perform irrelevant tasks like playing games or mocking the anime itself.
That fake trailer for season two they did was quite funny though. i dont think it will be that bad.
Old 2008-12-18, 11:51   Link #658
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
I would mind some voice actor talk, especially if it'll involve Furuya Tohru or Kamiya Hiroshi.
Old 2008-12-18, 11:54   Link #659
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Actually S1 and S2 seem to be polar opposites in that regard: the majority of the battles 11 episodes into season 1 show the Gundams are more or less unstoppable, running only into difficulty against experienced aces and tactics. Whereas in the same span of time this season the Gundams, despite their victories, aren't exactly steamrolling everyone, and are having trouble with only a dozen grunt suits. The tack of "weak now - strong later" may apply here to S2, but certainly not S1.
Why would I necessarily want to compare episodes 34-36 with episodes 1-11 of the same show? And for that matter, they're not very equivalent at all since they're at very different points in the story. I wouldn't go too far in the comparison, but the last few episodes are more similar to when the opposition gets a power-up like when the Thrones showed up or when the three powers started fielding GN-Xs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
It seems to be more like an out-of-body experience with their minds. It's obvious they can hear, but cannot see.
I can certainly see how viewers can be a bit confused by the way the scene was framed. It'd have made more sense for the characters to be in a different pose than that silly sitting-down-without-a-chair thing. While that wouldn't quite be as unique, it'd have been both more clearly directed and aesthetically pleasing. As it stands, I don't think that the scene worked - then again, I think that the whole concept is on the weak side.
Old 2008-12-19, 00:16   Link #660
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
anew returner is the one of the most intersting innovators that really catches my attention so far. i see some marie anew tension but anew is rather unpredictble imo. she stayed calm when her twin rung her number. i have a feeling she'll side with cb1 but its wat happens between e11 and commiting 100% to cb1 that worries me.
*the night after the CB base being destroyed*
Anew : Allelujah....
Alle : Eh?
Anew : I am scared. Can I sleep with you tonight?

*Halle takes over*

Halle : Sure......

*Marie enters room and sees them sleeping together*

Marie : Alle......who.....who is that?
*Alle/Halle continues sleeping, Anew wakes up and sticks her tongue out at Marie*

Marie : Why you......*transform into Soma*

*cue fight scene between a hijacked Kyrios and GN Archer*

This should sound good.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote