AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-12, 06:58   Link #3921
uis

Hmmm nice Desu win lol...
Hmmm cant wait extra match... Mio vs Azusa and Ui vs Yui is the most interesting...

If someone can make Yuuhi vs Minato it will be more epic... *Yeah f*** Minato*

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2009-07-12, 10:51   Link #3922
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
We have to remember that ISML isn't a "tournament for otaku" but rather an international tournament where everyone can participate. No one ever said we're trying to get "knowledgeable" voters. As long as you like anime, you should be able to participate.
Old 2009-07-12, 11:10   Link #3923
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyCanuck View Post
D: that was so weird seeing people quoting a post of mine, i just figured everyone ignored anything i say :<
We are watching you.

Never forget
Old 2009-07-12, 12:45   Link #3924
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
Funny you should mention smilies and IE8... on another forum, there's a drop-down list of smilies that hasn't worked for me since installing IE8; I'll bet that's the reason why

Hm, at least they work here

YAY!

Agreed; nice Suiseiseki poster, desu~

Not that I'm not biased or anything

Okay, enough with the smilies. As for being craved, I see nothing wrong with that desu~

The evils of IE never ends (I'll still be using it though )

And yes, we all love Ahasuerus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyCanuck View Post
D: that was so weird seeing people quoting a post of mine, i just figured everyone ignored anything i say :<
We are watching you.
Indeed. Every movement.
Old 2009-07-12, 13:43   Link #3925
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Aw shit... I just watched Clannad AS ep. 25. Kyou made me feel all mushy inside. Episode 23 changed my feelings about her quite a bit, but this one really pushed her up there... as in lower-low tier to upper-mid tier.

Which is weird, because the Tomoyo arc felt really awkward to me and I wasn't sure I'd want to see the one with Kyou. I think the ending of AS left me a little more open to the Kyou arc, perhaps. Whatever the reason, Kyou at the end of episode 25 is pure love.

I'll be thinking about her differently from now on. Another girl that I went from hating in the beginning to rabu-rabu in the end.

They sure can squeeze a lot of story into 23 mintues when they want to.
Funny you should mention this... those were exactly my thoughts and reactions to Kyou's Story. I thought that Tomoyo's Story was merely okay, but nothing special, and it didn't really increase my appreciation for her all that much (but it did).

Kyou's episode was packed with drama and had lots of exposition delivered through dialogue that played over relative scenes; the use of Ryou as a "foil" was clever and felt like a natural development rather than contrived. Plus, the added "surprise" at the end was totally out of the blue. Very well done

When it was over I felt almost as if I'd watched a full season of Tomoya x Ryou x Kyou, and though somewhat "exhausted" after all the turns and twists it was a happy and realistic ending. And not a magic globe in sight!

I've voted for Kyou in 29/45 matches (compared to Tomoyo's 16/45) so she's always been mid-tier I guess, but her moe-quotient has ratcheted up a bit after that episode. I guess her brief appearances in After Story boosted her somewhat because I'd always pretty much equated Tomoyo and Kyou as far as moe goes. One of the best things about the whole Clannad seasons is the way in which all the characters changed and grew; very rewarding

Quote:
They are really pushing it with "Endless 8." I'm amused and somewhat intrigued by it, actually. I was LMAO at the end of episode 5 at the absurdity of it still going on. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it.
LOL - I hope that the "8" isn't a reference to how many episodes they're going to use to draw this out Really, I had thought that this last ep was where they'd resolve it, but nooooo... They do keep getting closer though (or at least Kyon is). But Haruhi just keeps walking through that damn door

And if WE feel messed-up from going through this Endless 8 experience, imagine how poor Yuki must feel, since she <classified information> <classified information>!

Old 2009-07-13, 02:59   Link #3926
Ithekro
The Comet IS Coming

I'm not so worried about the necklaces anymore. Not with only 18 matches left. I'm more concerned about who will survive with over 50% wins.

20 girls are already beyond hope of winning half of their matches (32 matches), and Index should be joining them sooner than later (she's at 31 losses now). There will be a three or four round pause before anyone else falls "Beyond the Rim".

My personal worry is Mei and Rena. Both might be able to make it at this time. They also might not since they only have 18 matches left. Mei needs to win 9 out of 18 to keep over 50%, Rena needs 7 out of 18 to do the same. Rena's chances are lower right now then Mei's due to whom she faces over the next 18 rounds.

Looks like its going to come down to just who Rena can take home. For all cute things belong to Rena.

"You shall be taken home...no exceptions."
Old 2009-07-13, 04:44   Link #3927
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I'm not so worried about the necklaces anymore.
The way the dolls have been pushed this year, it would only be fitting for Shinku to win a necklace. Does she even stand a chance?
Old 2009-07-13, 20:59   Link #3928
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Well, if the RM faction is intent on giving all three dolls at least one necklace, I reckon its possible. We've seen what they can do
Old 2009-07-13, 23:57   Link #3929
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Where are you Ahasuerus.
Old 2009-07-14, 00:03   Link #3930
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

I'm reading with stunned astonishment that the Sonozaki's have been asked by MangaShitheads to stop their translation of the Higurashi games since they're going to be doing their own "localization".

SO pissed right now...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...5&goto=newpost

FUCK.
Old 2009-07-14, 00:58   Link #3931
hobbes04
New at Everything

Quote:
I'm reading with stunned astonishment that the Sonozaki's have been asked by MangaShitheads to stop their translation of the Higurashi games since they're going to be doing their own "localization".
Damn it! This is horrible news! I just bought all the games so I could use their translations!! Now I have to learn Japanese or re-purchase the games. I am as pissed as you are.

I hope MangaGamers at least gives a good translation for other US fans...
Old 2009-07-14, 01:06   Link #3932
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes04 View Post
Damn it! This is horrible news! I just bought all the games so I could use their translations!! Now I have to learn Japanese or re-purchase the games. I am as pissed as you are.

I hope MangaGamers at least gives a good translation for other US fans...
Yeah, my thoughts exactly (all of them). MangaGamers isn't exactly known for the quality of their work from what I've read. Too bad that they got the licensing deal

The Sonozakis weren't fast, but their quality and extra effort really made their work stand out. I really appreciate what they did so far, but really sad that I delayed getting Watanagashi so long, and now I can't get it from their Blogsite

And after spending the $$$ on the official games I'm doubly pissed that I'll have to purchase them again. They'd BETTER release a patch so that those already with the games need only apply it. If not, they're just a bunch of greedy bastards who do not deserve any support
Old 2009-07-14, 01:50   Link #3933
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:

SO pissed right now...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...5&goto=newpost

FUCK.
Shit.

Shit!

Shit!!

I bought all of the games, too. Sonozaki Futago-tachi's work deserves eternal praise for all the effort put into that project.

Their blog says, "However, we're still discussing cooperating with them on the official English release. We'll see how that plays out, since it would be great for everyone involved if Higurashi has a good quality localization."

But still...

Shit!!!
Old 2009-07-14, 01:56   Link #3934
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Shit.

Shit!

Shit!!

I bought all of the games, too. Sonozaki Futago-tachi's work deserves eternal praise for all the effort put into that project.

Their blog says, "However, we're still discussing cooperating with them on the official English release. We'll see how that plays out, since it would be great for everyone involved if Higurashi has a good quality localization."

But still...

Shit!!!
Hm, well maybe I'll tone it down a little pending the results of that negotiation.

But still etc and etc...

The Sonozakis were considerate and easy to communicate with, and their quality was great. Many thanks go out to them
Old 2009-07-14, 03:48   Link #3935
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Hm, well maybe I'll tone it down a little pending the results of that negotiation.
Yeah, me too. I'm just grateful to be part of an online community that lets me say "Shit!" really loud once in a while.

Regardless of the outcome of said negotiation, you'll still have to buy the new games. Unless the Sonozaki's go underground, which I doubt they'll do, because they're good girls.
Old 2009-07-14, 04:35   Link #3936
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Regardless of the outcome of said negotiation, you'll still have to buy the new games. Unless the Sonozaki's go underground, which I doubt they'll do, because they're good girls.
Well, what I was hoping for was a MangaGamers' standalone patch for those who've already bought the games. I mean, since they're already translating them, would it be too much to ask for them to just release one? I mean, since they're doing this out of the goodness of their hearts an' allll, ne? I mean, since they're doing it to further Ryukishi07's work and his fans have already shelled out $$$ for them. An' alll...

THEY CAN CHARGE US FOR IT TOO OMG!!!

/me calms down

Yeah, I wouldn't expect the girls to go underground. Besides, they're needed on the Umineko front

I <3 the Sonozakis

But given THIS latest bit of news I might wait on actually buying the Umi games since they might eventually get released by MangaGamers as well... Of course, I'm such a R07 fan that I might just buy 'em anyway. Maybe. The jury's kinda out on this one now in light of these latest developments...
Old 2009-07-14, 05:08   Link #3937
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Besides, they're needed on the Umineko front
I was waiting to see if Umineko might deliver, but the end of ep. 2 was OMFG! In the archetypal setting you expect "someone killed in the middle of the night," but oh, no... BAM!

Cheese and tap-dancing rice! My expectations got bitch-slapped and flogged. This should be a wild ride.
Old 2009-07-14, 14:53   Link #3938
hobbes04
New at Everything

Quote:
I'm only guessing here, but their "cooperation" will probably be MG paying them off. I don't think MG will hire them atm...
Old 2009-07-16, 14:18   Link #3939
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
The tiebreaker round is coming up soon.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-07-16, 19:17   Link #3940
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi Send a message via Skype™ to Seishi
Woah, lots of rage. It's okay, MangaGamer did a decent job on Da Capo.

Tags
international, moe, saimoe