AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-12-20, 14:44   Link #21
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Here are some thoughts and comments from kaio, klash and me for the coming season

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 21:29   Link #22
jsieczkar

Slim pickings for the winter season this year, and nothing that really is grabbing my attention. But I'm going to check out Viper's Creed, Ride Back and Black God hopefully one of them turns out to be a winner. If not I have a backlog of indy movies and dirt cheap PS2 games to get around too.
jsieczkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-21, 21:41   Link #23
Thingle
Banned

As of now, I'm interested in Genji. I'll stay tuned to anime blogs for more shows.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 01:44   Link #24
u43368
Disabled By Request

Viper's Creed and Afro Samurai is all I know I'll be watching. Unless something else catches my attention, next season will be boring.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 02:11   Link #25
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Since there seems to have been some early confusion I felt it worth mentioning that my impressions were 90% in jest in the article Deathy posted and featured deliberately unchecked and awful Spanish and French. By god I mean I when I say all possible disclaimers apply to anything in Red font.

Also my perspectives are all my own and remain seperate from those of Klash and Deathy so if I come off as a jerk or superficial then they had nothing to do with it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 06:09   Link #26
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh come on did once person taking your "jests" seriously deserve this public service announcement? And really your slice of life ranting is getting over the top, comparing Natsume Yūjin-Chō to Minami-ke is like saying LoGH and Gundam SEED both suck because they are sci-fi. Though I'm curious... is a masterpiece like Mushishi on your "It's slice of life lol" list? Because if you're going to compare Natsume to anything slightly recent it's Mushishi not Miname-ke... and I'm never heard anyone call Mushishi slice of life... and least in the way you think of it.

And seriously check out Rideback, it should be right up your alley since it "should" be a very political sci-fi anime...(should being their in case the anime diverges from the manga) and iirc you don't have a weird vendetta against Madhouse like you do I.G... oh and since you said this...

Quote:
Anyway, so far only a handful of anime products have transcended the medium of anime by my measure and to give you an idea of what I’m looking for, those include among others My Neighbours The Yamada’s, Only Yesterday, Paranoia Agent, and Monster.
It might interest you to see what the director of Rideback has worked on...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=1204

It's his debut directors job.. but to say his past work shows promise would be an understatement.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-12-22 at 08:42.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 15:09   Link #27
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Mine would be Zoku Natsume Yuujin-chou and xxxHOLiC Shunmuki this winter. I also have high hopes for Kurokami
Old 2008-12-22, 16:24   Link #28
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Oh come on did once person taking your "jests" seriously deserve this public service announcement? And really your slice of life ranting is getting over the top, comparing Natsume Yūjin-Chō to Minami-ke is like saying LoGH and Gundam SEED both suck because they are sci-fi. Though I'm curious... is a masterpiece like Mushishi on your "It's slice of life lol" list? Because if you're going to compare Natsume to anything slightly recent it's Mushishi not Miname-ke... and I'm never heard anyone call Mushishi slice of life... and least in the way you think of it.

And seriously check out Rideback, it should be right up your alley since it "should" be a very political sci-fi anime...(should being their in case the anime diverges from the manga) and iirc you don't have a weird vendetta against Madhouse like you do I.G... oh and since you said this...

It might interest you to see what the director of Rideback has worked on...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...le.php?id=1204

It's his debut directors job.. but to say his past work shows promise would be an understatement.
Again with the twisting of a simple statement like I'm bringing out some supervillain agenda in order to achieve some dastardly plan when literally all it was was a disclaimer. And right after I asked you nicely to stop doing that too. I don't know whether people "deserved" this "public service announcement", but I don't see any issue with getting the message out there just the same as judging by your response people still seem confused about my part in the article.

Okay though here's the honest to god truth about my thought process as I was writing my "seasonal preview". That means no jokes and just the facts from this point onward. First let me just say that going into writing my part of the article I had hoped more people would have picked up on the non-seriousness of it, but it seems that many didn't. My bad I've learned since Deathy is telling me that I didn't do enough to make it clear that I was joking as has Duo Maxwell and I know I'm very green when it comes to this sort of thing. Also I must regrettably add that if you find some reason to continue this hostility towards my posts after I'm done explaining everything in full, that I have ways of dealing with it that I'd rather not have to use since my ignore list is full enough already and I had thought we were on good terms (guess I was wrong there), so here goes.

I've done several of these seasonal previews in the past and all of them have been researched to the best of my ability and fairly serious, but I thought that since I didn't have a lot of time this week (I have family over for Christmas which means extremely limited computer access) and that in the interests of trying something new and more silly for a change (I hope people have noticed that I like to change things up every now and then as far as my disposition and blogging style goes) I would write a series of impressions like this one, with a joking/absurd/paranoid sort of theme.

Apparently though like every other time I've tried to write a joke article (the last time was the Code Geass R2 Anime Blogging drinking game where I even poked some fun at my own failings as a commentator) it backfired since it seems no matter what I do, no matter how obvious I make it that I'm kidding about most of the "impressions" I've given, people will still come and yell at me. Not that I haven't made the same mistake with other people in the past with their joke articles of course, and I won't pretend that I can't write some very controversial stuff that can piss off a lot of people, so I realize there's an avenue to people taking it all seriously, but I mean come on, the running angle and the over the top paranoia about girls and the references to Lennon's Revolution 9 didn't tip you off? Did I really need to spoil it all by coming out and saying that it was a joke before I got going?

Anyway, I'll take Rideback into some consideration along with Zoku Natsume Yuujin-chou now that several people have flamed me over what I've "said" about them since I suppose there must be something there if people are this adamant about my "preview" of it being the devil. Like I've tried to explain several times already, nothing really catches my eye this season, but nothing I wrote actually colours or is in any way my real view on any given show, and since the only thing holding me back is limited time (the same reason I chose not to do a serious and heavily researched article like I normally do and opted for lulz instead), I'm more then willing to work in some suggested series. Not to many though.
Old 2008-12-22, 16:31   Link #29
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Definetly Minami-ke Okaeri. Only got ToraDora to fill my comedy needs atm.
Where is my Haruka ;-;

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 03:37   Link #30
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Like I've asked let's not spoil this thread anymore with petty bickering. Is that really to much to ask?

Anyway I forgot that the second MS Igloo 2 OVA was coming in January and the final one should be around by the end of the season. I guess there is something for me to look forward to after all then. Not so bad......
Old 2008-12-25, 13:39   Link #31
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

I think I'm getting to excited for Maria+Holic, I always have too high expectations But I just can't wait, I read some of the manga, and watched the like, 15 second trailer, eee~ XD Other than that, there isn't anything I'm particularly looking forward too sadly
Mistypearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 13:58   Link #32
Tommy
Mr. Prince

OMG! New Ippo!
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 03:20   Link #33
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
OMG! New Ippo!
yup im lookign forward to ippo to. I hope they dont screw it up. Cuz im so looking forward to ippo.

Took them long enough to make another season
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 04:55   Link #34
Tiran86

How do you screw up Ippo?

And Takamura vs Hawk is coming up. They can't possibly screw that up.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-27, 06:12   Link #35
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
How do you screw up Ippo?

And Takamura vs Hawk is coming up. They can't possibly screw that up.
bad music during the fights can ruin it for me ;>
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 03:41   Link #36
Westlo
Lets be reality

You know Kaioshin I considered editing out that "public service announcement" in case you took it the wrong way but I thought I might get some lolz out of it but instead got hit with a wall of text. You're right you do really need to work on your sarcasm game, both using it and recognizing it.

Also I don't know why you think I'm confused by the tone of your post, your stance on SOL is well known and you compared Natsume to Minami-ke in the comments section, not the article.

My mentioning of Rideback is once again from your comments section, I actually think it's something you will enjoy so go watch that, than again maybe you'll rather "bitch" about Munto so its up to you.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 05:27   Link #37
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
my watch list:

Maria Holic
Genji Monogatari Sennenki
Zoku Natsume Yuujin-chou
Viper’s Creed
Kurokami the Animation
Chrome Shelled Regios
Kemono no Souja Erin
Ride Back

don't have anything to go WTF about, never been much of a winter anime fan I always look forward to spring cause then the newer longer shows start getting listed in the category I like (yay FMA series 2whoo)
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 15:04   Link #38
Slice of Life
eyewitness

As always, I start with the old franchises. Afro Samurai the second, Druaga the second, Maria-sama ga Miteru the fourth, Major the fifth, Hajime no Ippo the second(?) and Precure the dunno-th all get a no. Same for the Tsubasa and Kodomo no Jikan OVAs.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to Minami-ke Okaeri, Shikabane Himei: Kuro, Slayers Evolution-R (if it's being subbed at all considering Funimation already grabbed it), Tetsuwan Birdy Decode 2, Zoku Natsume Yuujin-Chou, the Ichigo Mashimaro OVA and especially the xxxHolic OVA.

While Munto isn't new either it would be stupid to judge a full-blown series on that old pointless OVA. so I will try it out. I will also try out Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei but I'm wary here. I can't praise the two TV series enough but this OVA looks like an attempt to milk the cow with assorted garbage. In the end I might need psychological treatment in the center for hurt fanboys.

Away go a few kids' and fringe shows (Koto Nakare Hero Gingerman, Kupu~ Mamegoma!, SakuranBOY DT, Egg Man, Abunai Sisters). But I will watch that Touhou doujin anime and be it only so I can say I've watched it.

What remains are the new and more or less mainstream anime. Let start with the already premiered ones:

KissXsis (OVA) turned out as expected. Dropped.

Maria Holic About 30 percent of the Japanese population consists of lesbian catholic school girls - at least according to certain anime. The genre is certainly ripe for a parody but Maria Holic is just a lame derivative. There was also too much chibification and similar optical jokes and too much hysterical inner monologues. Maybe I'll watch a second episode but most likely not.

Akikan Synopsis sounded the same as for every other anime of the sudden-girlfriend-appearance genre. However, it took less than half a n episode that this one would be much poorer and less charming than Kannagi, say (which I still dropped halfways, albeit without regret watching it that far). Maybe a little better than the above but still: I'm not sure if I'll watch a second episode.

Yes, my personal winter season didn't start too well. But there is more ...

Hetalia Axis Powers. You're kidding me. Dropped unseen.

Genji Monogatari Any comment I have in mind would only start a flame war. Dropped unseen.

White Album is a harem in particular an H-game based one and about music and in particular about the idol business. That's already four reasons against it. Dropped unseen(?). Paul McCartney will sue one or the other of your body parts off over the title.

Asu no Yoichi. Harem and sports is as worse as harem+music in my book but thinking about Bamboo Blade that sounded the same to me and turned out to be neither a harem nor really about sports (the first half at least) I'm not giving up all hope.

Koukaku no Regios, Kurokami and Viper`s Creed seem all to be about kicking asses and asses getting kicked. Sora o Kakeru Shoujo too, but with lolis. To tell the truth, I didn't really looked into the matter. 10 minutes into the show I'll be smarter than after reading 10 blog entries anyway so why bother. I wonder however if we'll even gonna see a subbed Kurokami. Oh, I'm sure the dubbed versions will hit the net a few hours after airing but, no, thanks.

Ride Back Female lead has always my attention. Especially on a motor bike.

Kemono no Souja Erin Same here. Also, same author as Seirei no Moribito? I have high expectations.
Old 2008-12-30, 22:41   Link #39
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Woah so many new stuff after a year++ break.....

Anyway, beside catching up everything shown in 2007-2008, for 2009 I would probably be watching....

-Kurokami, love the manga and the promo poster looks great

-Ride back..read bits of the manga a while back, the style is to my liking.Hopefully storyline doesn't change much in anime.

-Chrome shelled regios, got a noisy friend who is a fan of the novel....gonna watch the 1st few eps just to see what it is about

-Sora o Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai,,, Kyoani well also because last time , I kinda disappointed with Munto OAV

-Kemono no Souja Erin....errr Love the author of the original novel but the 50 eps planned series T_T scare me a bit

Maybe I would watch all this sequel if i ever manage to catch up to their prequel

- Zoku Natsume Yuujin-chou, Shikabane-hime, ToD-uruk,
Old 2009-01-01, 19:23   Link #40
LKK

I have several fall 2008 shows to catch up on or continue. But of the winter 2008 crop, I expect to be watching these:

Druaga no Tou: Sword of Uruk
Genji Monogatari Sennenki
Hetalia Axis Powers
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou
<--- the top of the list if I order it by anticipation

Depending on circumstances, I would like to give the following a try:

Maria†Holic
Kurokami

I'm also looking forward to the second Switch OVA which comes out in February, I think.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote