AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-20, 17:30   Link #3061
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
probably
but they wouldnt have worked out in this world
in a better world maybe
not within the context of the show as is (with lelouch and his war)
And I still say that no Lelouch pairing would have worked out in the actual show, except maybe immortal!Lelouch and C.C. - but that would have lacked the necessary romance. And yes, I am aware that Lelouch's death was confirmed.

Lelouch simply had other things on his mind, and it seemed clear to me from the very start that he'd never lead a "normal" life after everything was over.
I think I already said it once... with Shirley, it's her who didn't really fit into "Zero"'s world - thus she died. With Kalulu, it's Lelouch who didn't completely fit into Kallen's - thus he died. It was the path he had chosen.
Or at least... that's how I see it.
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 17:32   Link #3062
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
probably
but they wouldnt have worked out in this world
in a better world maybe
not within the context of the show as is (with lelouch and his war)
which lelouch himself lampshades by saying that they could be lovers in the next life (while making a point to avoid any kind of relationship with shierly in THIS life)
Adding that to the tone of Shirley's poem is some of the main reasons why I think Shirlulu just doesn't get as far as Kalulu does.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic81253_4.gif
yvj is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 17:34   Link #3063
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Adding that to the tone of Shirley's poem is some of the main reasons why I think Shirlulu just doesn't get as far as Kalulu does.
Even when they strictly talked about ShirleyxLelouch, it's all about the comparison, ain't that right?
How do you manage this, you chavos? Slipping KallenxLelouch everywhere? 8D
incorrupts is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 17:39   Link #3064
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Lelouch simply had other things on his mind, and it seemed clear to me from the very start that he'd never lead a "normal" life after everything was over.
I think I already said it once... with Shirley, it's her who didn't really fit into "Zero"'s world - thus she died. With Kalulu, it's Lelouch who didn't completely fit into Kallen's - thus he died. It was the path he had chosen.
Or at least... that's how I see it.
Dropping by to agree with you, wifey dearest. <3 Well said.
Eliarine is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 17:43   Link #3065
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
And I still say that no Lelouch pairing would have worked out in the actual show, except maybe immortal!Lelouch and C.C. - but that would have lacked the necessary romance. And yes, I am aware that Lelouch's death was confirmed.
.

Oh...finally one pairing would have worked ?
And the one who was the less romantic opf the show...weird.
I guess Lelouch isn't asexual for everyone...
__________________

Lolipopo is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 17:48   Link #3066
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 23
*hugs her soulmate back*


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Oh...finally one pairing would have worked ?
And the one who was the less romantic opf the show...weird.
I guess Lelouch isn't asexual for everyone...
Hu?
I almost didn't bother to reply to this. Because I cleary said that there wasn't any romance between those two (thus it would have been an "accomplices thing" only), and I'm sick of people trying to expose how much of a hypocrite I am.
I don't ship CluClu as a pairing. Never did, never will - so I don't see what you're trying to prove except that I'm contradicting myself out of sheer stupidity when I really aren't.

Also, asexual isn't the same as aromantic. Just for the record, and not that I didn't mention both somewhere along the way.
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 17:50   Link #3067
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Even when they strictly talked about ShirleyxLelouch, there always has to be about the comparison, ain't that right?
How do you manage this, you chavos? Slipping KallenxLelouch everywhere? 8D
Oh you're right. See what happened was I really reading image thread and then this so I posted the first thoughts in my mind.

Excuse my one track mind XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
And I still say that no Lelouch pairing would have worked out in the actual show, except maybe immortal!Lelouch and C.C. - but that would have lacked the necessary romance. And yes, I am aware that Lelouch's death was confirmed.

Lelouch simply had other things on his mind, and it seemed clear to me from the very start that he'd never lead a "normal" life after everything was over.
I think I already said it once... with Shirley, it's her who didn't really fit into "Zero"'s world - thus she died. With Kalulu, it's Lelouch who didn't completely fit into Kallen's - thus he died. It was the path he had chosen.
Or at least... that's how I see it.

There's a difference however where Lelouch acknowledges that he and Shirley can't because of who he fundamentally is in this life.

Now what is Kallen's world? Kallen ultimately came to understand and arguably if he had explained himself would have died with him at ZR. I'm not entirely sure where he could not fit in. If he had not decided that the best and logical course of action was his death and his alone.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic81253_4.gif
yvj is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 17:54   Link #3068
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
*hugs her soulmate back*

Hu?
I almost didn't bother to reply to this. Because I cleary said that there wasn't any romance between those two (thus it would have been an "accomplices thing" only), and I'm sick of people trying to expose how much of a hypocrite I am.
I don't ship CluClu as a pairing. Never did, never will - so I don't see what you're trying to prove except that I'm contradicting myself out of sheer stupidity when I really aren't.

Also, asexual isn't the same as aromantic. Just for the record, and not that I didn't mention both somewhere along the way.

Demo you said "no Lelouch pairing would have worked out in the actual show, except maybe immortal!Lelouch and C.C" thus you were talking about pairing, even though you said it would have lack the romance side (That's kinda contradictory btw...if there is no romance how is it a pairing ? If we aren't talking about romance then every LuluxGirl is a pairing since it can get a bunch of things)

And well Lelouch and CC as accomplices already worked out, it isn't "may" it worked, in the serie, they were accomplices.

If we are trying to talk about romance, I'm curious for explanation about some assumptions there (which seems finally not about romance while...well), is that bad ?
__________________

Lolipopo is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 17:57   Link #3069
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Oh you're right. See what happened was I really reading image thread and then this so I posted the first thoughts in my mind.
Excuse my one track mind XD

No worries, we are human beings afterall, can't get track of everything. 8)


Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
There's a difference however where Lelouch acknowledges that he and Shirley can't because of who he fundamentally is in this life.

Now what is Kallen's world? Kallen ultimately came to understand and arguably if he had explained himself would have died with him at ZR. I'm not entirely sure where he could not fit in. If he had not decided that the best and logical course of action was his death and his alone.
Basically, what Lelouch said at the end of Stage 14. Shirley's smile "saved" him at times, they laughed/argued together, something he could never have again, because of the path he chose. Like i have said, Lelouch's romantic feelings about Shirley at that point, were ambiguous, even himself confirmed that. After the Mao incident however, i do believe he kinda gave up on those feelings and just wanted to keep her out of his Zero-world.

With Kallen, is different. She gets to see how he is, he accepts him for it, and there is mutual development, that could lead to fully-blossom, had no ZR took place. But alas.
incorrupts is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 17:58   Link #3070
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
There's a difference however where Lelouch acknowledges that he and Shirley can't because of who he fundamentally is in this life.

Now what is Kallen's world? Kallen ultimately came to understand and arguably if he had explained himself would have died with him at ZR. I'm not entirely sure where he could not fit in. If he had not decided that the best and logical course of action was his death.
But he did.
And I never thought he'd make any less extreme choice.
Had he decided to go back to Ashford for real, though, and Shirley had still been alive, and he'd achieved his goals somehow without having to pay such a high price for it... well, Shirlulu woun't have been all that more unlikely than Kalulu, from my point of view.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Demo you said "no Lelouch pairing would have worked out in the actual show, except maybe immortal!Lelouch and C.C" thus you were talking about pairing, even though you said it would have lack the romance side (That's kinda contradictory btw...if there is no romance how is it a pairing ? If we aren't talking about romance then every LuluxGirl is a pairing since it can get a bunch of things)
I was talking about the circumstances.
Lelouch did push both Shirley and Kallen away to protect them. Now, that doesn't mean he doesn't care about them - quite the opposite -, but if he had had romantic feeling for all three of them, then Cluclu would seem the most "likely" to me simply because she's an immortal witch and his "equal", so he wouldn't think staying away from her would be the best option.

Quote:
And well Lelouch and CC as accomplices already worked out, it isn't "may" it worked, in the serie, they were accomplices.
Hm... I thought my point wasn't that hard to see, but it seems I was wrong. Oh well.

Quote:
If we are trying to talk about romance, I'm curious for explanation about some assumptions there (which seems finally not about romance while...well), is that bad ?
Nope, that's perfectly all right with me.
But I do mind if you make it sound like you've just discovered me cheating on Clovis with Schneizel.
Errr... oh well, you get what I mean. xD
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 18:05   Link #3071
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I was talking about the circumstances.
Lelouch did push both Shirley and Kallen away to protect them. Now, that doesn't mean he doesn't care about them - quite the opposite -, but if he had had romantic feeling for all three of them, then Cluclu would seem the most "likely" to me simply because she's an immortal witch and his "equal", so he wouldn't think staying away from her would be the best option.

But a well-rounded relationship, is defined by all the relationship-ingredients. Sexual-attraction as well, something that CCxL, clearly lacked of. Not to mention, romance-attraction too.{kind of the basis} Given what the staff said.

Now, are we talking about circumstances out of context or in?
Because out of context, a lot of things can be said.
incorrupts is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 18:07   Link #3072
yvj
U Mad?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brooklyn NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
But he did.
And I never thought he'd make any less extreme choice.
Had he decided to go back to Ashford for real, though, and Shirley had still been alive, and he'd achieved his goals somehow without having to pay such a high price for it... well, Shirlulu woun't have been all that more unlikely than Kalulu, from my point of view.
Not much more unlikely but certainly a few degrees more. Unless of course Shirley somehow shifted at the core to someone mentally and spiritually strong enough to endure it all.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic81253_4.gif
yvj is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 18:08   Link #3073
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

But a well-rounded relationship, is defined by all the relationship-ingredients. Sexual-attraction as well, something that CCxL, clearly lacked of. Not to mention, romance-attraction too.{kind of the basis} Given what the staff said.

Now, are we talking about circumstances out of context or in?
Because out of context, a lot of things can be said.
I was merely talking about the "Shirlulu was unlikely because of the circumstances" thing.
Because the only person I can see staying with Lelouch after everything is over is C.C. No romance there, though, so I just used her to get across my point... and failed horribly, apparently, but hey - not even Clovis is perfect. xD
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 18:11   Link #3074
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I was merely talking about the "Shirlulu was unlikely because of the circumstances" thing.
Because the only person I can see staying with Lelouch after everything is over is C.C. No romance there, though, so I just used her to get across my point... and failed horribly, apparently, but hey - not even Clovis is perfect. xD
Well, excuse me huggie-bear {can i call you like that, i can't say Nogi or something 8D} you coming to romance-thread, and say that Lelouch could stay with C.C in the potential-circumstantial-world-whatever, and it would be about no romance? In the romance thread?
You might have had, something different originally in mind but worded it, kinda, the least confusing, for lack of better word.
You cannot blame Loli {and i am not defending her, i do not even know her 8D} if she kinda jumps on what you wrote.
incorrupts is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 18:19   Link #3075
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Well, excuse me huggie-bear {can i call you like that, i can't say Nogi or something 8D} you coming to romance-thread, and say that Lelouch could stay with C.C in the potential-circumstantial-world-whatever, and it would be about no romance? In the romance thread?
You might have had, something different originally in mind but worded it, kinda, the least confusing, for lack of better word.
Of course you may call me that... if you allow me to glomp you every time you do. xD

Argh, I give up. I was merely "defending" Shirlulu, simply because I don't see how it's that much less possible than Kalulu.
But this pairing business is getting boring to me, and I'm not going to justify every single word I say only because people keep treating this stuff like some kind of holy scripture.
Just... no. xD

Quote:
You cannot blame Loli {and i am not defending her, i do not even know her 8D} if she kinda jumps on what you wrote.
Oh yes, I can.
After having said a hundred times that I don't ship anything involving Lelouch in canon (and only yaoi in fanon), I expect people who have been here for as long or even longer than myself to ask nicely before jumping to conclusions that don't make any sense, romance thread or not.
I can shrug misunderstandings off - they happen -, but only so often, and not if something feels more personal to me than anything else.
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 18:19   Link #3076
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
There is no romance in Code Geass O.
Stop, was there one?
__________________
Hs Vi Germania is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 18:20   Link #3077
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I was talking about the circumstances.
Lelouch did push both Shirley and Kallen away to protect them. Now, that doesn't mean he doesn't care about them - quite the opposite -, but if he had had romantic feeling for all three of them, then Cluclu would seem the most "likely" to me simply because she's an immortal witch and his "equal", so he wouldn't think staying away from her would be the best option.

Hm... I thought my point wasn't that hard to see, but it seems I was wrong. Oh well.

Nope, that's perfectly all right with me.
But I do mind if you make it sound like you've just discovered me cheating on Clovis with Schneizel.
Errr... oh well, you get what I mean. xD
I guess the problem is that I just can't picture Lelouch who choose to live as an immortal with C.C. That's why I got a problem with your point of view, it would seem way too much OOC for him.
Had he choose to live, not as an hidden immortal, since he didn't see her like that, I can't help but having an hard time to...

I just realised I'm too much tainted by recent release and show. I think my point os obvious there.

Now I have an hard time to understand this "if he had romantic feelings for the three of them" we know it's not the case for C.C., it's kinda hard to picture it. Had he felt romantically for her, the yeah your point would be valid but...it's not the case. Thus I have an hard time to really understand.

And well...
__________________

Lolipopo is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 18:20   Link #3078
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hs Vi Germania View Post
There is no romance in Code Geass O.
Stop, was there one?
/thread.
Eliarine is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 18:23   Link #3079
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
/thread.
How can you just write that much about an assumed romance.
Of course there were a few relations with love and that stuff, but ...
__________________
Hs Vi Germania is offline  
Old 2009-03-20, 18:24   Link #3080
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
I guess the problem is that I just can't picture Lelouch who choose to live as an immortal with C.C. That's why I got a problem with your point of view, it would seem way too much OOC for him.
Had he choose to live, not as an hidden immortal, since he didn't see her like that, I can't help but having an hard time to...
If he'd just happened to live, I don't see why not with C.C. You don't have to love someone romantically to happily spend eternity with them.
But... yeah, wrong thread. xD

Quote:
Now I have an hard time to understand this "if he had romantic feelings for the three of them" we know it's not the case for C.C., it's kinda hard to picture it. Had he felt romantically for her, the yeah your point would be valid but...it's not the case. Thus I have an hard time to really understand.

And well...
*points at the Shirlulu thing*
But I give up. xD

And Hs Vi Germania and Eliarine... I love you. xD
Even though there definetely was romance in Code Geass. Just look at C.C., Arthur and Clovis!
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia
Nogitsune is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.