AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-04, 12:42   Link #4041
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
So she says. Doesn't mean she doesn't like Kalulu more.

That may have been foreshadowing to something bad. Doesn't mean her death though.

Indeed, her death served as a catalyst for the wiping out of the Geass Cult and as a starting point for an unfortunate series of events. Whoopty-freaking-doo. You want plot progression? Just kill off an innocent girl. Brilliant story telling right there.

I can agree with that, but sticking to her death, I fail to see how it accomplished anything meaningful.
Death was one possibility, that is what foreshadowing does. It gives you a general direction but does not lock into place anything specific. And really, Shirley has died for Lelouch metaphorically several times already the real physical death was not far behind.

Shirley was used because it was effective. Her connection with Lelouch, her feeligns for him, and what happened in the past contributes factors to Lelouch's responses. They did not just kill off an innocent girl, they killed off an innocent girl that had an impact on Lelouch's character. There is a huge difference in literary terms.

Shirley's death propelled the plot to the next stage and drove Lelouch's character forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

I did not care about the hotness, chavo. It was just, the embodiment, the whole movie, of how true love should be, and how it can conquer everything, even death. ;A;

p.s lol, yeah, an ONLY ShirleyxLelouch fan, that happens to be the maintainer of the KallenxLelouch comm in LJ. Hmm, i am either a big scam...or i do ship everything. 8D {lol, no, Ougi x Viletta can shit my tea at times, and C.C x L, depends on the days. Kalulu and Shirlulu, are my OTPs though.}
So Tony, next time you wanna talk about me, check better, will you? <3
Pfft I already know you are a scam But I am sorry or presuming too much. my most humble apologies.
Old 2009-04-04, 12:45   Link #4042
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Death was one possibility, that is what foreshadowing does. It gives you a general direction but does not lock into place anything specific. And really, Shirley has died for Lelouch metaphorically several times already the real physical death was not far behind.

Shirley was used because it was effective. Her connection with Lelouch, her feeligns for him, and what happened in the past contributes factors to Lelouch's responses. They did not just kill off an innocent girl, they killed off an innocent girl that had an impact on Lelouch's character. There is a huge difference in literary terms.

Shirley's death propelled the plot to the next stage and drove Lelouch's character forward.

Pfft I already know you are a scam But I am sorry or presuming too much. my most humble apologies.
Yeah right, i will not be satisfied that easily. Remind me to torture you, when you come to my place.

But i have to agree with you, about the main purpose, that Shirley served, apart from her love for him, and the sweet scenes we got between them.
Old 2009-04-04, 12:47   Link #4043
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Kallen it the standard character able to show her feelings just with a exaggerated explosion, example:

http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...a_ht/R2R19.JPG

I know, the alternative comic is OT, but it's just a example.
Old 2009-04-04, 12:50   Link #4044
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Kallen it the standard character able to show her feelings just with a exaggerated explosion, example:

http://sabrinaonline.altervista.org/...a_ht/R2R19.JPG

I know, the alternative comic is OT, but it's just a example.
You implying, that her ready to kill Lelouch in Turn 24, was tough love? 8D

Joke, i suppose Kallen has her moments too. But i cannot blame the girl, if she keeps asking and Lelouch pretends to be a monkey that does not listen.
God, that "kotaete" back in Turn 19, was pure win ~
Old 2009-04-04, 12:50   Link #4045
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post

I get the feeling that we've had this conversation before. I'm just going to say that I didn't see any change in Lelouch's character after her death. And I don't consider being an emotional wreck and going into a downward spiral a change in character. Those are just outside circumstances that put pressure and tension on the character.
Old 2009-04-04, 12:55   Link #4046
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
I get the feeling that we've had this conversation before. I'm just going to say that I didn't see any change in Lelouch's character after her death. And I don't consider being an emotional wreck and going into a downward spiral a change in character. Those are just outside circumstances that put pressure and tension on the character.
Well, what did you expect? For Lelouch to go and embark on a journey to become a monk or something? 8DD
I suppose, it all comes down to how one defines "change". You mean, for him to change one of his essential characteristics? That would be totally...out of the window.
The fact, he let his anger and revenge emotions, get the best of him trying to avenge her {though, baka Lelouch, it was exactly what Shirley wanted to avoid, i mean, kind of the point of her last moments, she was not "get that bitch of Rolo and shoot him right between the eyes", instead she told him how she felt and set the forgiveness theme} showed that her death had a huge impact on him, that led for other events to happen.
You ask me, i was satisfied, that Lelouch did remember her after her death, in a few important moments, showing she was really a person he did value a lot.
Show must go on, like Freddie said once. <3
Old 2009-04-04, 13:00   Link #4047
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Well, what did you expect? For Lelouch to go and embark on a journey to become a monk or something? 8DD
I suppose, it all comes down to how one defines "change". You mean, for him to change one of his essential characteristics? That would be totally...out of the window.
The fact, he let his anger and revenge emotions, get the best of him trying to avenge her {though, baka Lelouch, it was exactly what Shirley wanted to avoid, i mean, kind of the point of her last moments, she was not "get that bitch of Rolo and shoot him right between the eyes", instead she told him how she felt and set the forgiveness theme} showed that her death had a huge impact on him, that led for other events to happen.
You ask me, i was satisfied, that Lelouch did remember her after her death, in a few important moments, showing she was really a person he did value a lot.
Show must go on, like Freddie said once. <3
Well, perhaps I'm being too picky, but I just don't see it. Particularly since she was hardly mentioned again after her death and the initial aftermath.
Old 2009-04-04, 13:03   Link #4048
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
euphie
who was the catalist of much of season 2 in the hostilities between lelouch and suzaku
was hardly mentioned too
dead girls dont get mentioned much in fast paced mecha anime
but he still mentioned her when talking about the things he lost in ep 19
and when talking to shnizel about how he had seen people struggle for a better tomorrow she was the first person he was thinking of (followed right after was kallen)
and she was the first thing he was thinking about while dying
so she does get remembered
Old 2009-04-04, 13:11   Link #4049
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
euphie
who was the catalist of much of season 2 in the hostilities between lelouch and suzaku
was hardly mentioned too
dead girls dont get mentioned much in fast paced mecha anime
but he still mentioned her when talking about the things he lost in ep 19
and when talking to shnizel she was the first person he was thinking of (followed right after was kallen)
and she was the first thing he was thinking about while dying
so she does get remembered
I think Euphie was mentioned a lot more than she was. Well, something bugs me about the way Shirley was handled at any rate. Not entirely sure what it is though.
Old 2009-04-04, 13:14   Link #4050
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

R2 as a whole was less then steller
and everything hit high speed way too fast after ep 13 as it is
Old 2009-04-04, 13:16   Link #4051
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
I think Euphie was mentioned a lot more than she was. Well, something bugs me about the way Shirley was handled at any rate. Not entirely sure what it is though.
Look at it the positive way, if they had focused on developing Shirley and other recurring characters from season 1 that had been important, we would never have had the chance to meet Gino, Anya, and the rest of the KoR and enjoy a valuable wasting of time for characters that contributed nothing to the plot.

... oh wait.
Old 2009-04-04, 13:24   Link #4052
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
Look at it the positive way, if they had focused on developing Shirley and other recurring characters from season 1 that had been important, we would never have had the chance to meet Gino, Anya, and the rest of the KoR and enjoy a valuable wasting of time for characters that contributed nothing to the plot.

... oh wait.
Ah, that makes me feel so much better. Code Geass R2: Clusterf*ck to the finale.
Old 2009-04-04, 13:31   Link #4053
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Ah, that makes me feel so much better. Code Geass R2: Clusterf*ck to the finale.
Now you know why I hate the KoR, it has nothing to do with shipping (mostly). I just generally hate characters that amount to less than a bucket of farts... or in this case a cherry wood table.
Old 2009-04-04, 15:06   Link #4054
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

when gino tells kallen he "understands" how she feels alittle in ep 23
it just goes all the more to show that he DOESNT understand her at all
gino comes from a noble family and was a noble before becoming a KoR
he was BORN into a position of power and wealth
he spent his life in such a postion of power and was accepted into the KoR while still possesing all those things (possibly gaining more as a KoR)
and once lelouch gains power one of the first things he does is abolish the nobility and gino loses that
which is why he opposes lelouch and the britannia he represents despite the fact that lelouch IS the emperor
he says that his reasons are that he does not accept HIS britannia (as opposed to say, object to his actions)
and neither did any of the other nobles who rebeled against lelouch becouse of the same reason

while we dont know if the stadfeld family is tecniclly considered "noble"
we do know that they are very wealthy and well off enough that they could quite possibly "pass" for nobles
and kallen was NOT born into that life but spent her earlier childhood living as a commener and her later childhood in a post war japan being treated like a second class human being before being accepted into the stadfeld familly later on about a year or two before the events of season 1 (she goes to a japanese middle school)
kallen was basiclly a teenager given money power and position at an age where she would most likely be dreaming of those things (if she was a normal girl)
and she willingly rejected all those by her choice and oppted to be a japanese terrorist and fight for her brothers sake
she willingly give up all that money, power, position and money in order to fight for the common people
and she never looks back on that choice
its made perfectly clear what she wants in the future and its not to regain her old life with the stadfeld (we dont even know if she has any contact with them after the epilouge)

gino was right when he tells her that she could have been living it up
and he makes it a point to ask her if she would consider coming back to that life
but SHE made her choice even before she ever met lelouch that her life would NOT be that kind of life
which is why gino doesnt understand her when he says he does in ep 23
he fights to regain something that she willingly gave up long ago and couldnt care less about
which might explain her response (as in "yeah, whatever you say bub")
Old 2009-04-04, 15:07   Link #4055
ChildrenOfTheMind

Hey, i was just re watching Season1 and i realized that Rocshota (or however you spell her name) and Loyd would make an interesting couple.
Old 2009-04-04, 15:09   Link #4056
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenOfTheMind View Post
Hey, i was just re watching Season1 and i realized that Rocshota (or however you spell her name) and Loyd would make an interesting couple.
*Rakshata is the way its spelled.

Hmm, I see where you're coming from, but I prefer Lloyd x Cecile imo.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
Old 2009-04-04, 15:27   Link #4057
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenOfTheMind View Post
Lolyd X Cecile 4EVAR

Or maybe a threesome. Brainiacs need love too XD

And now for something completely different:

Spoiler for Story time:

Might not make much sense and its probably corny as hell but I had to write it.
Old 2009-04-04, 15:30   Link #4058
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

wow
just wow
Old 2009-04-04, 15:32   Link #4059
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Lolyd X Cecile 4EVAR

Or maybe a threesome. Brainiacs need love too XD

And now for something completely different:

Spoiler for Story time:

Might not make much sense but I had to write it.
did you just make that up on the spot?

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
Old 2009-04-04, 15:34   Link #4060
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
did you just make that up on the spot?
Kinda it took me a few minutes to work out the plot