AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-18, 15:09   Link #121
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
If my theory is correct, Gino is lying dead in a pit somewhere thanks to our good pal Minami.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:11   Link #122
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Just asking, since I recall someone trying very seriously to argue for Gino x Anya and no one really jumped on him for making up stuff or anything.

Anyway, I don't think these really qualify as "crack" pairings, as I for one use this term to talk about impossible/crazy/lolwhat pairings, like, say, Marianne x Rivalz. Those just don't have any real hints in the series, they're not completely out there.
Oh sure, GinoXKallen can be possible, the day hell freezes over. Fair enough. lawl

No srsly, you got a point there. Crack pairings are like ArthurxClovis. {or not?}

Point is, that a lot of people jump on each other when they claim that a pairing is possible while the whole chara development up until that point and some other feelings about other charas scream "hell no" when it comes to it.
It is another thing to like something, and a whole other to claim it can be on the table.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:14   Link #123
Levy
differently sober

LOL... never dare to glomp a Loli in front of the pedobear, Weinberg-boy ..

no really, considering how Anya was messed up by the end, the lack of friendly Gino in something like a three month span is .. sad?
but yeah, there are so many more important things to talk about I understand the reason why we do not see any of this ^^;
Old 2008-12-18, 15:16   Link #124
AceFlashheart

So many posts, can't reply to them all.

@Levy: I too think this is the most likely option. But Nunnally changed a lot too.

@inco/frosty: I rewatched epilogue and you're right I thought Sayoko was with with orange + anya on the farm, but she's not. I'll still root for them though ><

As I said, Gino x Kallen is only hinted at with the epilouge, and this is 'hinted' by Code Geass standards (scraps thrown to starving wolves).

I don't like Gino x Kallen either but it does seem that the writers were hinting at it as a possible outcome (Gino likes Karen at least right?).

Same with NxS, if you want to see it there as a future possibility it's obvious that they at least stay in contact.

@nogi/loli: I'm not really a fan of eternal widow anyone. Seems sad that the characters sacrified so much for a new world have to spend the rest of their lives pining over the people they lost.

Especially in regards Lelouch + Suzaku... It always struck me that Lulu would say out of one side of his mouth "Suzaku, u must suffer 4 EVAH!", but behind his back set up some way that his friend could actually be happy.

*goes to write fanfic*

Edit: Man, like 10 posts went up while I was writing this. The irony of the quick reply function.

The most cracktastic pairing is Lelouch x Guilford - Hypnotised into beliving Lelouch is Cornelia.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:18   Link #125
Lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
LOL... never dare to glomp a Loli in front of the pedobear, Weinberg-boy ..

no really, considering how Anya was messed up by the end, the lack of friendly Gino in something like a three month span is .. sad?
but yeah, there are so many more important things to talk about I understand the reason why we do not see any of this ^^;
I remember reading a long, long time ago, that they were very good friends.
I found it very awkward when they just dropped their relationship halfway through the season, but I think I know why. There was no real time to develop these characters past what was given in some supplementaries and the few episodes they were in doing something.
They are very close friends, Gino treats Anya differentely (evident), he worries about her (though this really did not go anywhere), has fun with her, and barring the ending these two always worked together.

Quote:
As I said, Gino x Kallen is only hinted at with the epilouge, and this is 'hinted' by Code Geass standards (scraps thrown to starving wolves).

I don't like Gino x Kallen either but it does seem that the writers were hinting at it as a possible outcome (Gino likes Karen at least right?).
Ano...
Where did that come from?
Gino likes Kallen? This is never shown or even implied. It was also knocked down a while ago. The only people Gino likes are Suzaku and Anya.
There has never been anything saying Gino likes Kallen, there was something that said that they did not see each other as anything more than comrades.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:20   Link #126
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post

No srsly, you got a point there. Crack pairings are like ArthurxClovis. {or not?}

Point is, that a lot of people jump on each other when they claim that a pairing is possible while the whole chara development up until that point and some other feelings about other charas scream "hell no" when it comes to it.
It is another thing to like something, and a whole other to claim it can be on the table.
I think that everything is (again) up to everyone's view of the characters. I know I don't consider GinoxKallen crack at all, but I can understand how people would find it unlikely. I just don't share that view.

And you did not just call ArthurxClovis "crack". It's the most canon pairing in the whole show. Open your eyes, srsly.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:22   Link #127
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I'm not to sure about Gino liking Kallen. Wasn't already stated that they had no interest in one another from somewhere. Besides none of his scenes with Kallen won't about romance. The pairing ain't even one sided on either's part. Thus it seems like a crack pairing to me. I understand people liking the way Gino looks with Kallen. Though Gino would look cute with any girl in the series.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:22   Link #128
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFlashheart View Post

@nogi/loli: I'm not really a fan of eternal widow anyone. Seems sad that the characters sacrified so much for a new world have to spend the rest of their lives pining over the people they lost.
Fair enough. But we can throw out of the table the GinoxKallen simply, cause there is not enough interaction-understanding between them that could lead to something more.
As for the what ifs, i can say that Kallen down on her way to school she gets hit by a bus. {ok, brutal}
"What ifs" = million possibilities when it comes to an open ending, with nearly zero credibility but when there is a "what if" when it comes to two charas in a show, especially when we follow the first one from the beginning of the series and we know her ideals, beliefs and how can she interact with someone and the fact that she still harbors feelings for Lelouch up until the finale, then no. I guess we can safely say that GxK is out. Out of the neighborhood of out.

ETA: @Lie : Technically, Gino said that Kallen is his type in epi 9, was it? But that was his idiotic chara remarks.

Eliarine: Hai, hai.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:24   Link #129
Levy
differently sober

Quote:

mh, as long as we talk about the field of 'liking' everything, even the most retarded pairing is possible.
Another thing is pairing being plausible. I guess you are talking about Gino and Karen here, and yes, Karen is everything but interested in him, while him, he said once he find her attractive, and even if that's just a casual statement in Gino-fashion, that still could make people fantasize about Gino having a crush on her. If this qualify as being on the table, I don't know, and I don't care that much, I prefer them as friends.

About Anya, well, she do not seems to care a lot abut anything that is not her diary , but when Gino saids that he finds Karen sexy she gave him an annoyed glance.. OK, Anya's glance are always annoyed.. *dies*
Old 2008-12-18, 15:26   Link #130
Lie

Quote:
mh, as long as we talk about the field of 'liking' everything, even the most retarded pairing is possible.
Another thing is pairing being plausible. I guess you are talking about Gino and Karen here, and yes, Karen is everything but interested in him, while him, he said once he find her attractive, and even if that's just a casual statement in Gino-fashion, that still could make people fantasize about Gino having a crush on her. If this qualify as being on the table, I don't know, and I don't care that much, I prefer them as friends.

About Anya, well, she do not seems to care a lot abut anything that is not her diary , but when Gino saids that he finds Karen sexy she gave him an annoyed glance.. OK, Anya's glance are always annoyed.. *dies*
That statement from Gino in Turn 9, would be normally considered derogatory. It's hard stretch of the language to say it implied he liked her. It's much more in character to say that he likes women, and tends to objectify/chase/play with them.
Edit:
While we're all focusing on this. Why has no one pointed out that the only thing Gino ever wanted from Kallen was a fight to the death?
Old 2008-12-18, 15:27   Link #131
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
so gino finds kallen attractive
guess he must be one of those few people on earth who posses a Y chromozone
Old 2008-12-18, 15:32   Link #132
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFlashheart View Post
The most cracktastic pairing is Lelouch x Guilford - Hypnotised into beliving Lelouch is Cornelia.
LOL, I remember I read a very hilarious drabble posted @Lj about them at that time, it was you?. XDD

Lie, I agree with you that Gino finding Karen sexy is nothing probatory nor it shows any deep feeling from his side, but as sky pointed out, he said that in ep.9.
Thanks for the info about him and Anya. I've read some summaries of the novels and there they seem quite close.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:35   Link #133
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

But see, this is what i am trying to say. It would be a jerk-move to tell someone "oh noes, you are not allowed to like this" because, a preference is a preference. But it is different to try and justify you preference with practically invisible points.
And seeing people saying that GinoxKallen is being implied from the ending makes me raise an eyebrow cause it is not.

It would be totally out of chara for Kallen after Lelouch's death to go and hook up with Gino for reasons that i won't have to repeat again. Just take a look in the whole R2 and her behavior around Lelouch and there is your answer.

I am no claiming in any way that for the rest of her life Kallen will go on karaoke-nights singing songs about loss and looking at Lelouch's pics. lawl
No way, but from the ending it was clear that Kallen for now, will focus on ensuring the world Lelouch "re-created" will be safe, take care of her mom and finish of her studies. Hooking up with someone like Gino-bunny-boy, is like "whut"?
Old 2008-12-18, 15:35   Link #134
Lie

Quote:
LOL, I remember I read a very hilarious drabble posted @Lj about them at that time, it was you?. XDD

Lie, I agree with you that Gino finding Karen sexy is nothing probatory nor it shows any deep feeling from his side, but as sky pointed out, he said that in ep.9.
Thanks for the info about him and Anya. I've read some summaries of the novels and there they seem quite close.
The novels, imo, would imply a lot more than just a friendship between those two. They are more like a weird sweethearts combination because of their personalities.
I do not understand what you mean by it having been said in Turn 9. I know that's when it was said. A bit confused.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:42   Link #135
Eliarine

Quote:
But see, this is what i am trying to say. It would be a jerk-move to tell someone "oh noes, you are not allowed to like this" because, a preference is a preference. But it is different to try and justify you preference with practically invisible points.
And seeing people saying that GinoxKallen is being implied from the ending makes me raise an eyebrow cause it is not.

It would be totally out of chara for Kallen after Lelouch's death to go and hook up with Gino for reasons that i won't have to repeat again. Just take a look in the whole R2 and her behavior around Lelouch and there is your answer.

I am no claiming in any way that for the rest of her life Kallen will go on karaoke-nights singing songs about loss and looking at Lelouch's pics. lawl
No way, but from the ending it was clear that Kallen for now, will focus on ensuring the world Lelouch "re-created" will be safe, take care of her mom and finish of her studies. Hooking up with someone like Gino-bunny-boy, is like "whut"?
Depends on what you mean by "imply" I guess. I never, for example, said Gino and Kallen were a canon couple - all I said was that they'd make a good pair, and that I found it interesting that after Gino's remarks to Kallen and their team-up in the latest episodes, they should be standing next to one another in the wedding pic.

Now, there's nothing to really "justify" it from the series, but like I said, I'm only arguing for the possibility of the pairing. I don't think it would be OOC for Kallen to hook up with Gino as long as their relationship develops properly first and a few good years go by. After that it's up to your view of Kallen, probably. Regardless of whether Lelouch loved her back, I (personally) can see her moving on a few years down the line, and if by then she has developped a good relationship with Gino, why not with him. That doesn't mean she will, nor that if she does it will be with Gino. It's just something I can see happening.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:47   Link #136
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Since the show is finished and since side stuff doesn't imply anything about Gino x Kallen but is sinking it, I'll say that this kind of "This can happen" aren't acceptable for the canon show.
Thus, welcome into the fanfiction world (heh, the show is finished so now, everything which isn't implied (or which is sunk) belongs to the fanfiction realm.)

BTW Levy, Anya sent a deathly glare, not an annoying one, and not at Gino, but toward Kallen actually. I really thought it was tied to the Kallen crying while fighting Anya in the op but finally...nothing -_-''

Seriously, if they could avoid their marketing to please fangirls with some Sound drama and give us instead more devellopment about things like that...

Old 2008-12-18, 15:48   Link #137
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
[FONT="Tahoma"]

Yes, but we do agree here, and also about Gino not being the right kind of guy for her after all she's been through, and all she has to think about by the end of the series

I was just saying that in a more general sense - whole series long - Gino (Lie, this is what I mean with the line from ep.9) said that he finds Karen attractive- my subs says 'sexy'. Given Gino's personality, it's more probably some random 'hey, this chick is hot', nothing like the manifestation of deep feelings, but if people likes to fantasize about Gino being really attracted to her, it might be taken as a hint from one-sided thing from his side.
I don't know if this is what Ace intended in his post, or if he was talking about Gino and Karen together in the end.

The part I read about the novels ar just fan translation of parts of them, but I admit I was under the same Gino/Anya impression. Just an impression, though.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:49   Link #138
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Depends on what you mean by "imply" I guess. I never, for example, said Gino and Kallen were a canon couple - all I said was that they'd make a good pair, and that I found it interesting that after Gino's remarks to Kallen and their team-up in the latest episodes, they should be standing next to one another in the wedding pic.

Now, there's nothing to really "justify" it from the series, but like I said, I'm only arguing for the possibility of the pairing. I don't think it would be OOC for Kallen to hook up with Gino as long as their relationship develops properly first and a few good years go by. After that it's up to your view of Kallen, probably. Regardless of whether Lelouch loved her back, I (personally) can see her moving on a few years down the line, and if by then she has developped a good relationship with Gino, why not with him. That doesn't mean she will, nor that if she does it will be with Gino. It's just something I can see happening.
Hmm, well i can't actually disagree with the way you stated your points. For me, this pairing even in the 'what if' is like 1% to happen cause of the events in the series, different personalities and whatever i stated above, but i guess, you can't actually argue a future possibility, that is true.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:50   Link #139
AceFlashheart

Quote:

+1.

This is what is exactly what I was saying... but eloquent an' shit.
Old 2008-12-18, 15:56   Link #140
Eliarine

Quote:
Hmm, well i can't actually disagree with the way you stated your points. For me, this pairing even in the 'what if' is like 1% to happen cause of the events in the series, different personalities and whatever i stated above, but i guess, you can't actually argue a future possibility, that is true.
Thanks \o/ But that's okay, I'm not trying to impose my views on you or anything We've probably just got different interpretations of events and personalities, and I don't see the pairing as impossible. Actually, I like to imagine Kallen and Gino as friends in the future. And a romantic developement is possible in my mind; not necessary, but it's there.
Closed Thread