AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-16, 11:44   Link #61
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post

The graphic doesn’t look as polished as the original game(which was a big selling point, the game won 1st place in character design and 2nd place in overall graphic in Galgame Awards 2008)
This is perfectly normal though. It isn't realistic to expect same level of detail in anime as we usually see in visual novels, due to the insurmountable amount of effort it would take to sustain that. I don't even want to imagine the amount of money and time it would take to produce VN-quality anime ... it wouldn't be practical by any means. Yes, the anime designs are not among the best i have seen, but it looks good enough thus far ... certainly nothing to panic over
Old 2009-01-16, 15:25   Link #62
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
HOWEVER, I somehow totally expect the anime to fail. The graphic doesn’t look as polished as the original game(which was a big selling point, the game won 1st place in character design and 2nd place in overall graphic in Galgame Awards 2008), and I have no idea how they’re to handle the plot (which likely is gonna be Mashiro route). Somehow I can see it either being so uncharacteristically plain, that nobody will remember it a week after airing, or so wickedly weird people won’t even bother finishing it. The fact that the director is the same guy who made School Days anime also gives me a mixed (read bad) feeling.
Well, I won't deny that I share some concerns about the way they're going to handle the plot in the show (even though it'd be easy for them to just animate the game based on the way it was written, there's no guarantee they won't try to do something else), but on the positive side, the show's biggest selling point is its characters. As long as they keep the characters and their personalities, I can't see it being a total failure, even if they decide to change the plot. Just seeing the characters in action again will be fun (although, of course, there's the game sequel/fandisk for that as well). Plus, the spoilers in the trailer give me some cause to believe that they are at least aware of a lot of the game's key selling points (otherwise they wouldn't include them in the promo). And regarding the graphics, I agree with Skyfall that the character designs here aren't too bad -- it's not perfect, but it's about as close to the original character designs as I'd expect for a late-night TV anime. I certainly wouldn't say they've botched it by any means.

So... I guess I'm cautiously optimistic. Realistically speaking, I know that it'll probably be hard for any anime to live up to the game experience (no matter who's on the staff), but I think it could still be worth watching. I'll certainly give it a chance.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 16:04   Link #63
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
This is perfectly normal though. It isn't realistic to expect same level of detail in anime as we usually see in visual novels, due to the insurmountable amount of effort it would take to sustain that. I don't even want to imagine the amount of money and time it would take to produce VN-quality anime ... it wouldn't be practical by any means. Yes, the anime designs are not among the best i have seen, but it looks good enough thus far ... certainly nothing to panic over
Exactly, I don't know why some people have unrealistic expectations on characters designs staying as detailed/complex as manga versions or as in this case a Visual Novel. And really it looks fine from what we have seen, something that's much more concern is the people making this... it could turn out to be good but their track record speaks for itself.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-30, 21:38   Link #64
Midonin
Last Engage

With the most recent blog post, the singers for the OP and ED are confirmed.

The OP will be by kicco (same as the game), and the ED will be by Ui Miyazaki.

Last edited by Midonin; 2009-02-16 at 16:35.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 04:15   Link #65
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

First Megami scan on the Tayutama anime.

Old 2009-01-31, 17:51   Link #66
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

The scan looks pretty faithful to the source character design, but something about it just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's that the combination of hair colour and expression are making me think of Mikuru.

Edit: Okay, actually, it looks a lot better after being resized to something more fitting of my screen. Still reminds me a bit of Mikuru, though.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-31, 18:00   Link #67
Avisch
Reality Blender

I think you're just paying alot of attention to the embarrassed expression.

Needs more Mifuyu..

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 11:08   Link #68
kyouray
2D > 3D

Pictures of the characters are available on Dengeki Online. Chara-design is made by Haruo OGAWARA (大河原晴男).
Old 2009-02-03, 08:53   Link #69
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Hey, guys!

For those who didn't saw yet, check the trailer for TAYUTAMA anime bellow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YR22W4Yi6A

Just a little question... i never played the game so i don't know. Is there two of Mashiro kind (the girl with dog ears) or she has two modes: the Brown furry Mode and the Grey furry Mode?

Last edited by PGilis; 2009-02-03 at 09:06.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 17:13   Link #70
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
Just a little question... i never played the game so i don't know. Is there two of Mashiro kind (the girl with dog ears) or she has two modes: the Brown furry Mode and the Grey furry Mode?
There's only one Mashiro. The rest we might as well leave for the show to explain.
Old 2009-02-16, 16:36   Link #71
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
With the most recent blog post, the singers for the OP and ED are confirmed.

The OP will be by kicco (same as the game), and the ED will be by Ui Miyazaki.
Expanding on my own post, the OP has been confirmed to be titled "The fine every day".

Edit: Expanding again, the ED's title is confirmed to be "Kizuna no Uta" (キズナノ唄).

Last edited by Midonin; 2009-02-20 at 16:39.
Old 2009-03-09, 22:51   Link #72
Midonin
Last Engage

The official website has renewed itself. It's both very pink and looking good.
Old 2009-03-19, 21:00   Link #73
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Not that this is a surprise, but the episode count for the show has been revealed to be 12. I actually think that it wouldn't really be all that hard to cover this story in 12 episodes, even if they're trying to do a relatively faithful job of it. Since most of the game's story is covered in a single playthrough (minus the last chapters), I think they could do it. Without getting into spoilers, I'm thinking maybe 2-3 for the opening, 2 or so episodes per chapter, and then a few for the finale. I think the pacing would actually work fine, and wouldn't necessarily have to feel all that rushed (and this from someone who really isn't all that fond of 1-cour shows).

Anyway, what's more interesting to me is that they've solicited a Blu-ray release as well (in 1080p no less), which still isn't all that common for MediaFactory. So if the show does turn out to actually make a somewhat serious attempt at telling the game's story, I may very well pick it up. Both the Blu-Ray and DVD releases start in June (6 volumes at 2 episodes each).

The first episode will air on April 6th at 12:30am (a.k.a. April 5th at "24:30")
Old 2009-03-29, 22:02   Link #74
Shadow Kira01

The fox deity looks very cute, I hope the 12-episodes will be upgraded to twice the length.. After all, many animes last season were originally announced as 12-13 episodes, yet they all ended up as 26.
Old 2009-03-29, 22:04   Link #75
Midonin
Last Engage

The DVD solicitations are already out. It's going to be 12 regardless.
Old 2009-04-01, 20:28   Link #76
Midonin
Last Engage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjG8v21hLko

New trailer; also has the OP theme.
Old 2009-04-01, 20:48   Link #77
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, with the cute pink-haired girl on wherever I first heard about this, it caught my interest. And actually, I'm seeing this as being closer to Kannagi than Kanokon (neither of which I have actually finished...)

at least it airs soon...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 14:40   Link #78
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Well that was a nice surprise...
Spoiler for Ep 1:

Oh and there was no OP or ED this week.
Old 2009-04-05, 14:54   Link #79
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Tayutama AKA, Tam*tama

Spoiler for ep1:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 15:14   Link #80
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

How do we classify Ameri's hair? Quadruple tail?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, eroge, kemonomimi, romance, seinen, supernatural