AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 63 52.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 10.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.83%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-24, 21:59   Link #21
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Any Ami moments?
Looking from the reviews, there's little...

Spoiler for Tip:

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2008-12-24, 22:02   Link #22
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Any Ami moments?
Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-25, 00:12   Link #23
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

You know...

Spoiler:

Still, the pacing at the very end was good, IMO... not that I can understand all that much until it's subbed.
Old 2008-12-25, 01:42   Link #24
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

An excellent conclusion to an excellent arc.

Ryuji finally discovered what a scumbag Taiga's father really was, vindicating Taiga's seemingly rude behaviour towards her father. Being burdened with the guilt of putting Taiga through all these agony, and even getting into a fight with his crush Minori for it, Ryuji was more determined than ever to win the Fuku-Otoko race. Though he did not expect help coming from Minori of all people, and in the end, and he was nice enough to offer to finish the race together.

Afterwards, before apologizing to Minori, Ryuji did not expect Minori to apologize as well. Maybe Minori, as she says, does have a thing for girls, especially Taiga, and was being protective of Taiga by showing off to Ryuji that she "knew her better than him", according to her reasoning, which was why she apologized.

Quote:
Also Kitamura is a playboy.

He likes the school Prez, but goes ahead and dances with Taiga at the school bonfire knowing Taiga likes him. That'd just play with a girls expectations.
A potential future development not noticed by most is council president Sumire saying how this is her last school festival, with Kitamura looking a bit melancholic at the fact. Kitamura afterwards tries to hide his depression by dancing with Taiga. That doesn't necessarily mean he's a playboy, though I agree he might falsely play up Taiga's expectations.

OTOH, it seems even Taiga is becoming aware that Kitamura is only being nice to her and not wanting to hurt her by offering to dance when she asked "Why do you always... nevermind."

Ami certainly knows how to steal the show from the various maid contestants with her dominatrix costume.

If nobody notices Sumire's sister Sakura last week, this week she is seen displaying the tiara for the Fuku-Otoko race next to Sumire. She's also seen in the preview for next episode, "The Palmtop Taiga of Happiness", the first of the Spin Off chapters.

It was fun while it lasted.
Old 2008-12-25, 01:44   Link #25
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Kitamura should be shot in a head for his playboyism, or if you think he is not a playboy, then for his ignorance and stupidity (ignoring Taiga's feelings, as in when you response yet have no real intentions you are no better than a trash).

Other than that nice episode. Just someone please kill that four-eyed freak.
Old 2008-12-25, 01:55   Link #26
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Kitamura should be shot in a head for his playboyism, or if you think he is not a playboy, then for his ignorance and stupidity (ignoring Taiga's feelings, as in when you response yet have no real intentions you are no better than a trash).

Other than that nice episode. Just someone please kill that four-eyed freak.
Kitamura is certainly a fool for being so nice to Taiga, even she's beginning to realize that. But that does not warrant a bullet in the head. A beating up is more than enough.

Anyway, Merry Xmas folks.

It was fun while it lasted.
Old 2008-12-25, 02:36   Link #27
Darknemo2000

Well, ok, he may live, but he deserves a good beating..I just do not like such character types like Manaka (from Ichigo) or Kitamura, sure they are nice and all, but they eventually end up hurting girls very seriously this way.
Old 2008-12-25, 02:52   Link #28
wistfulloner

In this case, I don't think he will hurt Taiga. She's starting to find Kitamura more unfeasible and Ryuji more attractive by the moment. And yes, Kitamura is just being a nice guy, regardless of how he may change things.

I especially heart how Taiga almost entirely drops her Tsun side at the end. The look on her face when she accepted Kitamura's request for a dance just melts my inside...
Old 2008-12-25, 04:54   Link #29
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post

I especially heart how Taiga almost entirely drops her Tsun side at the end. The look on her face when she accepted Kitamura's request for a dance just melts my inside...
She can't remain on pseudo PMS forever. LOL
Old 2008-12-25, 05:35   Link #30
Darknemo2000

Uhm, he can and if he would not hurt her it would only depend on the girls development and not from him himself. His way of acting is incredibly annoying, he has no plans with her and keeps sending those mixed signals to her... He really deserves a good kick in that mug of his. Few times.

She can...yet we will still see her PMS-ing...well if they keep connection with novels but it does loose power, yet you cannot say it is gone. specially if there will be a filler. JC Staff loves doing 'Louise comes back' in fillers, as this is all their lack of talent allows them after all...

Mind you that Louise is similar in Taiga that she does also become quite nice in the novels later too. Too bad that its because of character development and since such thing is not included in JC Staff crap of anime called ZnT the chances are low...or if it will happen it will be out of place and forced...
Old 2008-12-25, 07:13   Link #31
wistfulloner

Oh come on. As i've said before, is JCstaff only as good as their worst work? This anime is currently a fine one in my book, and I have yet to witness any "lack of talent" in this series. Have a bit more confidence in this studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
She can't remain on pseudo PMS forever. LOL
Hehe, this Taiga will always be the Taiga we know and love, tantrums and all. Her cute and happy little facade in this episode definitely won't carry over to subsequent episodes, I tell ya.

Also, I preferred Taiga's somewhat curled hair, instead of her straight hair this episode. Gives her more character, heh.
Old 2008-12-25, 07:58   Link #32
typhonsentra

It's kinda a shame the Christmas story won't start airing until February though.

By the way, Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 2008-12-25, 09:30   Link #33
wistfulloner

Yes, a very, merry Christmas!

Don't know if anyone noticed, but Taiga was feeling terribly lonely throughout the whole episode. She realized she got tricked by her father the second time, and so looked like a miserable little wretch from the beauty contest all the way to the dance. It was when she found out Ryuji and Minori were there for her did she brighten up.

She kinda deserved the attention from Ryuji, considering how his mistake had caused her so much misery.
Old 2008-12-25, 13:52   Link #34
theorys
Astral Traveller

not a bad episode. Lots of fan service, but it would have been a nice twist if her dad were to show up and she'd kick him in the balls again. That was my favorite part of the show.
Old 2008-12-25, 14:02   Link #35
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfulloner View Post
Have a bit more confidence in this studio.
I can't... The spirits of ZnT1, ZnT2, ZnT3, SnS2, Kimikiss still haunt me.
Old 2008-12-25, 14:18   Link #36
wistfulloner

Alright, for that I can't argue since I've never watched them before. But this series really does deserve more respect than what you're offering right now, so you can think of this as redeeming themselves, nothing less.

I hope some time in the near future, the episode which wraps this series up can surpass Ep13 in terms of sheer awesomeness and warm fuzziness. ^^
Old 2008-12-25, 14:34   Link #37
Isekaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I can't... The spirits of ZnT1, ZnT2, ZnT3, SnS2, Kimikiss still haunt me.
I might add Maburaho, Ai yori Aoshi, Excel Saga and Karin. Indeed, ZnT was not the first time I had been dissapointed by J.C. Staff.

Everything is just too painful for me to remember. But hell Toradora! is doing well. Please do not let them ruin it.

Ami-tan's dominatrix costume left me in awe for more.
Old 2008-12-25, 15:23   Link #38
Voitan

How can you get something as non-serious and whacky as Excel Saga wrong?

IT WAS TOTALLY WTF AWESOME!

Anyways, yes, red candy dominatrix Ami is delicious. Ryuuji doesn't know what he's missing.
Old 2008-12-25, 15:57   Link #39
hai_san

Great EP, best EP so far in the serie in my opionion, 2nd best would be the Ami's search and destroy the Stalker EP

Taiga made great character development, i got really emotional when she said she can stand up alone again, the BGM was also great. 10 points for this EP.

ps: for a moment i thought Ryuji would went berserk and pull off each and everyones collar for getting back first in the race as revenge, but well the running on the fences was also very cool, not to mention Minorin double Strike

Last edited by hai_san; 2008-12-25 at 16:13.
Old 2008-12-25, 18:03   Link #40
arriana-corr
UtterNutter4LurpakButter

OMG!!! [If only I could respond with a better more original reaction... ;_;]Oh wells... I can never beat the utter awesomeness of Toradora, and... I feel like I'm the only Fan-Girl here... Everybody cheering for Ami's dominatrix outfit and such... and Taiga's angelic voice at the end...

'Cos...

Spoiler for I Love Ryuuji <3:
Closed Thread