AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-14, 10:21   Link #21
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
Initial D 4th Stage; Confused...

i ran a search on this forum, didnt find anything about Initial D 4th Stage, i checked Animenewsnetwork.com, they have it listed as a TV series, i went to check the info, and found nothing about it, so im assuming that this series is due out soon.. or... was going to come out on TV in Japan but was cut before it did, or ann was just plain wrong in having it there, i asked here even tho Initial d 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stage is licensed but if there is a 4th stage, it obviously isnt, cuz its not out or what?.. like i said, im confused...

Threads merged by Mod (NightWish)

Last edited by NightWish; 2004-01-15 at 10:18.
Old 2004-01-14, 11:13   Link #22
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Flame
i ran a search on this forum, didnt find anything about Initial D 4th Stage, i checked Animenewsnetwork.com, they have it listed as a TV series, i went to check the info, and found nothing about it, so im assuming that this series is due out soon.. or... was going to come out on TV in Japan but was cut before it did, or ann was just plain wrong in having it there, i asked here even tho Initial d 1st, 2nd, and 3rd stage is licensed but if there is a 4th stage, it obviously isnt, cuz its not out or what?.. like i said, im confused...
just relax, its going to come out in april probably so theres still 3 months to go, but yes the 4th stage will be coming out in japan, so dont worry
Old 2004-01-14, 11:20   Link #23
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
and thus coming to animesuki.. bwhahahahahaah!!!!
Old 2004-01-14, 11:54   Link #24
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
I think cases where its stupidly obvious that someone has the rights to it but has not actually made a public announcement should still be counted as licensed...
Old 2004-01-14, 15:02   Link #25
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

no one counts PoT as licensed... but its pretty much a given that FUNimation has it.. considering the owned, or still own princeoftennis.com...

on a side note HELL YEA!!! I CANT WAIT FOR 4th STAGE... im frekain hooked, just went out and "bought" the other stages.. *ahem*
Old 2004-01-14, 15:31   Link #26
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I still can't see the appeal of car racing. I mean it just cars
Old 2004-01-14, 15:35   Link #27
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

you gotta watch the show... its nothing but cliffhanger after cliff hanger, its so awesome.. the show is just bad-ass, plus i love cars myself.. and tend to drive fast... watch Initial D, you wont regret it, at all, it really really good..
Old 2004-01-14, 16:11   Link #28
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doddler
I think cases where its stupidly obvious that someone has the rights to it but has not actually made a public announcement should still be counted as licensed...
Well, Initial D Battle Stage is available on Animesuki, so...

(Yeah, I know that's pretty much a glorified recap episode, so maybe Tokyopoopsmith isn't interested in licensing it...although personally I think it makes an appropriate extra to the 3rd Stage movie ^^;; )
Old 2004-01-14, 19:37   Link #29
daliinn

it looks pretty stupid......plus the animation looks pretty lame
Old 2004-01-14, 20:06   Link #30
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doddler
The situation related to whether Hikaru no Go (anime not the manga) was licensed disproves that theory.
Old 2004-01-14, 22:19   Link #31
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliinn
That may be to you, but you can't deny the fact that it's insanely popular. Me, I've been waiting for the 4th stage for about 2 years now. Besides, it's choreographed by the Drift King himself! How can u NOT like that?
Old 2004-01-15, 03:29   Link #32
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliinn
The animation does suck, but the series is great if you can get past that. It's my second favorite anime. I'm actually buying it on dvd. I just wish tokyopop would stop putting that "tricked out" version on the dvds and put more episodes of the original version per disk. Does anyone know of another anime that wastes space on dvds by putting two versions of the same episode on one dvd? Most companies seem to sell editted versions on seperate dvds, not put both versions on one.
Old 2004-01-15, 05:52   Link #33
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Even if you don't like cars its a really good anime. But if you love cars then this series is the best thing since sliced bread. Seriously it rocks and the animation really isn't that bad, and I think its cool that the races are computer animated. The computer animation should be pretty good for the fourth stage.

However there is a downside to this show, (well not the actual show) because it centers around cars drifting and has become very popular among car entusiasts and ricers, take your pick. A lot of these fricken moron kids who think they can drift try it on the streets putting people in danger and bringing bad media upon the import crowd. Very sad.

But other then that I love Initial D.
Old 2004-01-15, 09:21   Link #34
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

shit, tell me about it, drifting is not something any jackass on the street can do... i tried it awhile back and almost had bad bad bad results... you really need to practice that in an empty parking lot or something before u try it on the street...

i thouhg the animation was good, i like all cartoons, i dont care if its not all flashy and mind blowing, people who only like animation like that, dont know what they're missing with other shows
Old 2004-01-19, 12:54   Link #35
Aberu

Send a message via AIM to Aberu
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
I still can't see the appeal of car racing. I mean it just cars
Well that's another typical internet thing to say. Another reason why I stay out of forums most of the time. I mean you can apply that statement to anything. Let's try it out.

"I can't see the appeal of go. I mean, it's just a board game."

or

"I can't see the appeal of boxing. I mean, it's just people wearing boxing gloves smashing each other."

or even

"I can't see the appeal of basketball. I mean, it's just a ball."

The last one is more like your statement was, but you need to realize you are 1 out of a 100 million who would say a statement like this and truly mean it, if you did. Just because you don't like car racing, and can't understand or appreciate all of the intricacies involved with it (I don't like Nascar but at least I know why it's popular), doesn't mean you have to ruin the fun for others hehe.
Old 2004-01-19, 19:20   Link #36
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
What i alwase liked about Initial D is that no matter how bad the animation looked it alwase somehow fit the show perfectly. And the racing animation never looked that bad it alwase looked reall nice especially after the first stage.
Old 2004-01-19, 19:32   Link #37
vio5555

Yeah, another really good thing about Initial D was that the soundtrack was amazing and meshed incredibly well with the animation, which really got me into the whole mood of it in a spinetingling way. It really does represent one of the best uses of a soundtrack in an anime.
Old 2004-02-01, 11:51   Link #38
Zor

Initial D: Stage Four

I heard that the next installment of Initial D is this March 2004.
Is this correct??

Can't wait. I heard that they are going to use latest CG technology to simulate the cars. So my guess is that the cars on show will look better than the ones we see in previous series.
Old 2004-02-01, 15:38   Link #39
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

There's already an existing Intial D: 4th Stage thread, I'm sure you'll find the answer to your question there.

Thread closed
Old 2004-02-01, 18:02   Link #40
Evan
天使我爱你

Does the trueno86 engine really exist in real life?