AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-09, 02:34   Link #21
npcomplete

haha that's true. But I actually meant one who's not a mom but would qualify if she were
Old 2009-01-09, 09:30   Link #22
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Like Benika, perhaps?

Old 2009-01-10, 00:12   Link #23
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

Kure-nai was great, great story and animation. But I dont think Benika was after Shinkurou, more of a boss.

Spoiler for Off topic due to hot moms:
Old 2009-01-15, 16:29   Link #24
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

I happened to stumble on Mahoromatic which has his teacher going after him. Just what Im looking for
Old 2009-01-16, 20:11   Link #25
Biswa

Maison Ikkoku seems to be a classic in older woman/ younger male pairing. However, I don't know how much you can say in "going for" him in the early part of the series. But hey, it eventually happens!

Only downfall is that it's pretty old and kinda drawn-out. I'd suggest reading the manga if that would bother you.
Old 2009-01-17, 18:37   Link #26
IronFox
The "Paint Pirate" Yar!

Yeah I tried watching that and It kinda did the same thing that turned me off to Orange Road, in which it was drawn out and they used the same "misunderstandings" ploy episode after episode.
Old 2009-01-23, 14:41   Link #27
Magia Erebea

I may have over looked it but I'm surprised that I haven't seen Negima come up.

It features a ten-year-old Welsh boy who just graduated from him magic academy hoping to achieve the title of "Magister Magi" meaning Master Mage, like his father the legendary Thousand Master. As part of the training new graduates are sent to work in the normal world while being able to keep their magic a secret.

Negi's job is that he had to go to Japan to teach. And teach he does as he's sent to Mahora Academy to teach English in the All-Girls division of the Jr. High.

The fourteen to fifteen-year-olds of his homeroom 2/3-A each develop certain feelings of their own ranging from platonic to romantic to obsessive for the moe shota.

Though by the third volume it starts leaning more towards shounen then harem. Don't get me wrong, it started as a harem manga and still has the elements of one but it also becomes jam-packed with kick ass fighting scenes. Which only serve to make the lead into a more enduring character as you slowly watch the metamorphosis from a frightened meek child into a dependable and courageous young man.

And there's a great deal of sexual humor if that's your thing. But there is still the traditional comedy one would expect of a manga and that's good too. Both will remind you in a lighthearted way that no matter how mature he is that the lead is still a child.

And then there are the girls it'd take far to long to properly discuss each and everyone of them but suffice to say that with the wide variety of colorful personalities and interesting backgrounds you'll definitely have you favorite girl to root for whether it be the stouthearted but honest and hardworking Asuna, the slightly ditzy sweet Konoka or shy and timid Nodoka.
Old 2009-02-27, 18:32   Link #28
Fantaghiro

try Kurohime^^ Itīs about a female human magician who challenged the gods and was cursed by them. The young sniper Zero who fell in love with her after his life was once saved by Kurohime is trying to free her from this curse that seals her powers. However, this is only possible if the haughty Kurohime learns to have an affection towards him.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, drama, romance